Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.
how are you supposed to do contract tracing anyway when you're surrounded by maskless unvaccinated cretins? Unless you're foolish enough to not be social distancing from friends and family anymore, your covid could be coming from anyone you pass by on a daily basis at work or even on the street

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

ram dass in hell posted:

a lot of you owe us an apology for underposting

sorry

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Nothus posted:

I see that your posting metrics are down this month. Do better.

monthly c-spam performance review

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

mastershakeman posted:

Chicago didn't finish hiring the contact tracers for spring 2020 until after Halloween of that year

The sheep in your avi looks so happy.

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

Foo Diddley posted:

"contact tracing efforts that were once seen as a pillar in the nation’s pandemic response"

and just when the gently caress was that? at what point did we do any contact tracing at all

before covid lol

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

acems
May 8, 2019

Foo Diddley posted:

and just when the gently caress was that? at what point did we do any contact tracing at all

https://theintercept.com/2016/07/12/in-new-york-gang-sweeps-prosecutors-use-conspiracy-laws-to-score-easy-convictions/

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

T-Paine posted:

how are you supposed to do contract tracing anyway when you're surrounded by maskless unvaccinated cretins? Unless you're foolish enough to not be social distancing from friends and family anymore, your covid could be coming from anyone you pass by on a daily basis at work or even on the street

or the ventilation system in your apartment building etc etc etc lol

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

ram dass in hell posted:

a lot of you owe us an apology for underposting

I've been thinking about making a cspam thread called Moneyball Z for ages now. Pages are taken from the Dragonball manga. The narrative is now that number is everything. The power level reader checks someone's value to "number". You fire energy beams that are stock chart lines going up for the bad guys or down for the Moneyball warriors as they combat number and their power levels are in the negatives, which is good. Screaming/powering up drops their number level even further. Long periods of time doing nothing but talking are filled with diatribes lifted from economists. Yamcha still sucks. Krillin still gets owned.

But eh...:effort:

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Schnorkles posted:

monthly c-spam performance review

cmon, i just need another month or two to turn it around. please, dont send me back to the d&d mines.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
I got called by a contact tracer about a week and a half after my coworker got it in September.

He had texted me the same hour that he got the positive test and I'd already gotten my negative results back from being tested by the time I got contact traced, despite being probably one of only 10 people he saw that week.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

pigz posted:

Hard to imagine people getting upset about fans,

My guess is they'll say "IT JUST BLOWS THE VIRUS ALL OVER THE PLACE!" combined with some insane theory about OnlyFans.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

that nytimes article, amazing, just amazing content

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Norton posted:

Why do New Jersey and New York have significantly higher deaths rates from COVID than Florida does? Is that just lag in reporting deaths in FL? Was NY massively under reporting cases but accurately counting deaths? Is Florida under counting deaths and will that show up in the excess death numbers? Vaccines helping?

This is the data I'm looking at:

New York: 54,751 deaths 2,339,058 cases
Florida: 43,979 deaths 3,246,196 cases

New York: #2 deaths per 1 mil pop. @ 2,814
Florida: #19 deaths per 1 mil pop. @ 2,048

New York: #28 cases per 1 mil pop. @ 120,238
Florida: #3 cases per 1 mil pop. @ 151,142

I hate to sound like a centrist, but it's a known fact Florida and a lot of states intentionally lied about their data. NYS just admitted 12000 more died than origin submitted. I bet it's even worse in other states. The new NY governor is currently in a honeymoon where she can just report accurate deaths with no issue because she hasn't been in power long enough to be blamed for it so she may be reporting accurately. Alternatively, considering one scandal of her predecessor was underreporting COVID deaths, she might prefer to just be upfront on it rather than it being a problem later.

In short, and this is going to get me mocked, Desantis had someone jailed and their computers destroyed for accurately reporting COVID deaths in the state, using police as his agents. I absolutely believe he is having COVID deaths put into other categories to hide them and NY, due to its recent change in governorship, may feel comfortable giving the full data since nothing can yet be blamed on the new governor.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

Boy, sometimes I wonder why I've had to cut off contact with most of my friends, then when someone in a group chat asks how we are and my ex-friend responds with that I go...Hmm. No. I'm better off.

Not real edit:

WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE ANTI VAXXERS???

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

why would that get you mocked? the covid thread called out what was happening in Florida with their reporting for months and months now.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

that sounds... perfect likely to me??

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Ice Phisherman posted:

Joe-ic philosophy.

i lolled

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Normie / offline coworker of mine messaged me to have a good laugh about horse paste. The story's getting some serious traction.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

why would that get you mocked? the covid thread called out what was happening in Florida with their reporting for months and months now.

I know the article on how the state was overruling death certificates at the county level was really telling.

It's also a common Chud argument I hear from them, they died from something else or had other health problems. It wasn't COV19

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Getting paid to do my work from home job and watching Netflix all day is just like The Holocaust!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

So is the loss of vision from too much horse paste permanent?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Zurtilik posted:

Getting paid to do my work from home job and watching Netflix all day is just like The Holocaust!

But you see, the Jews in the camps were prevented from having a nice dinner at Applebee's

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/ap/status/1432374831207657481?s=21

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

etalian posted:

So is the loss of vision from too much horse paste permanent?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtEaka1QeV0

this but it's horse paste

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

etalian posted:

I know the article on how the state was overruling death certificates at the county level was really telling.

It's also a common Chud argument I hear from them, they died from something else or had other health problems. It wasn't COV19

Assuming they are not the peak of health the correct response then is to physically attack them and tell them you bear no responsibility for their injuries or death because they got injured/killed by their obesity or diabetes or whatever. They got hosed up with a beatdown, not of a beatdown.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Steve Yun posted:

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7002008498221387014

Another very tired nurse, same as any other you’ve heard:

everyone is unvaccinated

nothing works, they all die

their family members won’t get vaccinated
loving maddening

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

NYC numbers are all basically holding serve, ~4% positivity rate citywide, worse in the places you would expect, better in the usual places

Not good when school starts next week

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Ice Phisherman posted:

I've been thinking about making a cspam thread called Moneyball Z for ages now. Pages are taken from the Dragonball manga. The narrative is now that number is everything. The power level reader checks someone's value to "number". You fire energy beams that are stock chart lines going up for the bad guys or down for the Moneyball warriors as they combat number and their power levels are in the negatives, which is good. Screaming/powering up drops their number level even further. Long periods of time doing nothing but talking are filled with diatribes lifted from economists. Yamcha still sucks. Krillin still gets owned.

But eh...:effort:

i'd post in it sometimes cos it sounds rad

i wanna make number jokes

whenever ur ready

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

the only two people i know who haven't been vaccinated live in: Oklahoma City, and Staten Island

lmao

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

good, we don't wanna associate with that third world country shithole

freaking amerimutts with their insanely poor hygienic practices

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Louisgod posted:

[2 months into C.1.2 destroying children] the CDC has idefntiifed C.1.2 as a variant of concern
yeah

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Build a big beautiful wall around the US and have them pay for it.

I'm glad that the Open ASAP is working out so good for the USA!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Numbers seem stable in iowa!*

*iowa does not report numbers

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

good. americans *should* be international pariahs

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
bidenishly:] America is BACK

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Foo Diddley posted:

good. americans *should* be international pariahs

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

how can he be so self aware and so dumb my god

Asproigerosis posted:

Director at my side hospital job called me, tears in her eyes, begging me to work because 2 of the 3 nuclear medicine techs are out with covid so it's just one guy working. I said NO! I have to cover for my main job with half the staff out with covid already.

MAYBE NEXT TIME EVERYONE SHOULD MANDATE THAT loving VACCINE AS SOON AS ITS AVAILABLE AND NOT GIVE IN TO PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY YOU loving COCK GOBBLER HOSPITALS JFC :unsmigghh:
lol we're hosed completely hosed

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Has anyone seen solid studies on when a person is no longer transmitting covid after being infected?

I evacuated from the hurricane, and it looks like it might be in for a long haul before I can go back to New Orleans, maybe a month or more.

I'd planned to stay with my parents, but my dad popped up with covid symptoms and then a test confirmed it yesterday. Assuming I didn't get it through my mom, I can get a negative test by like Thursday or Friday and once I've got that I can start looking for housing that can last a few weeks. Ideally, I'd stay with them in a couple of weeks when he's clear of it, but I don't know how long someone can still be infectious after having it.

Here's a tweet so this post actually gets read. Wow looks like Whiz Kid Harry Enten was the real brains behind 538 all along. Tired old man Nate is on the way out I hear

https://twitter.com/ForecasterEnten/status/1431676392811401221

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
omg on team call with others, my boss just said "all my daughters tested positive for COVID this weekend".. lmao they just got back from visiting her grandparents in Texas for 3 weeks. sucks as my boss is cool as poo poo, got immediately vaccinated and all that but gently caress man, parents are just so eager to send their kids to plague pits no matter what.