Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
Or honestly, even an auto-reply (because the game actually has the data to do this, rather than 3rd party add-ons that have to work around both ToSes and limited info) that auto-replies when an item is already sold, would go a long way with highly-trafficked items.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
You can also /autoreply without going DND which knocks you off search results I think? Maybe not

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Yea, DND removes you from the trade site while it's active.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Jazerus posted:

the world couldn't handle two mathils

Now I'm imagining mathiel with a 3d printer cloning machine.

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

facepalmolive posted:

Or honestly, even an auto-reply (because the game actually has the data to do this, rather than 3rd party add-ons that have to work around both ToSes and limited info) that auto-replies when an item is already sold, would go a long way with highly-trafficked items.

I'm relatively certain that the game doesn't actually have that data all the time. The state of your stash is not cached and has to be looked up on demand. It *might* be relatively trivial to surface that information in a more persistent way, but it might also be a huge pain. It depends on stuff and things that we'll probably never know.

Canine Blues Arooo fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Aug 30, 2021

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

qnqnx posted:

I for one, just want Empyrean, his cronies and other such groups to eat poo poo until the end of time.

Why

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
I actually don't mind the rich boys and gals getting richer as long as it means an endless supply of cheap, readily-available scarabs for me.

Cinara posted:

Yea, DND removes you from the trade site while it's active.

Oh that's good to know! If DND also kills party/guild chat, though, that might be a deal breaker for me.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Sadly it does. Not sure about Party, but Public/Guild chat definitely gets muted until you leave DND.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Please unfuck beastcrafting so we can all buy 25c six white socket astral plates again to mess around with.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

External Organs posted:

Please unfuck beastcrafting so we can all buy 25c six white socket astral plates again to mess around with.

One of the best changes they ever made

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I'd love it if there was a 1 chaos dollar store market thing where you can buy and sell things for 1 chaos so when you need a random common unique or something you don't have to whisper a dozen people until you find someone who cares to stop whatever they're doing for 1c.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If you message the guy selling it for 5 or 10c you won’t have to wait

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

euphronius posted:

If you message the guy selling it for 5 or 10c you won’t have to wait

But then I have to spend 5 or 10c!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

As I think you realize you are not paying for an item, you are paying someone to stop what they are doing and service you. I think of it is a tip or whatever for bothering to respond to me asking for some dumb leveling unique.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

get one with perfect rolls for 20c

also I stopped saying ty like three leagues ago

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Tenkaris posted:

MercuryTrade had pop ups for outgoing trade whispers that had buttons you could use to do a quick /Whois which shows you the zone the character is in via chat. It was nice but I stopped using Mercury a while back. Mercury also would highlight the item in your stash which was cool.

Now I just use awakened which is great for pricing and making f5 go to my hideout but doesn’t offer any of that other stuff.

Awakened definitely has the whois button for incoming, does it not for outgoing too? And I know it has a highlight button, though it is another thing to press for sure.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

hawowanlawow posted:

also I stopped saying ty like three leagues ago

Disgusting.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Politeness costs nothing. :)

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

it's a videogame trade lol

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Big Mad Drongo posted:

Politeness costs nothing. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAX8Im-T8MA

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
I have to ask again because i didnt find any source on this matter,
if i want to fracture the +3 chaos on a blue staff, id have to make it rare with 5 mods and then pray to hit the 20% chance of the correct mod.

If i dont hit it, the item is basically ruined, so to prevent this, can i take a beast imprint of the still blue item, then rare it up (harvest craft for +3 mods for example) and if the fracture fails, revert the fractured rare to the unfractured blue?

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
As someone who never groups except for unique maps with goons, they should 100% not do anything to make multiplayer worse. I understand there's an advantage to playing with friends, but like... why penalize people who play with friends?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I have to ask again because i didnt find any source on this matter,
if i want to fracture the +3 chaos on a blue staff, id have to make it rare with 5 mods and then pray to hit the 20% chance of the correct mod.

If i dont hit it, the item is basically ruined, so to prevent this, can i take a beast imprint of the still blue item, then rare it up (harvest craft for +3 mods for example) and if the fracture fails, revert the fractured rare to the unfractured blue?

3.13: Imprinted Eternal Orbs can no longer be applied to Fractured items, overriding their Fractured modifiers.

Sounds like no.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

poemdexter posted:

As someone who never groups except for unique maps with goons, they should 100% not do anything to make multiplayer worse. I understand there's an advantage to playing with friends, but like... why penalize people who play with friends?

Its a tricky balance because being in a coordinated group is very profitable, probably too profitable, but the actual gameplay when you're with a group is awful so :shrug:

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

poemdexter posted:

I don't personally give a poo poo, but the reason they'll give is because of trade.

Same as a lot of the game's lovely decisions (but not all, obviously).

Including making trade lovely.

It confuses me.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I maintain that having a monster mod that can disable player auras on hit could be an interesting mod if it were more likely to occur the more people you had in a game.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

dyzzy posted:

3.13: Imprinted Eternal Orbs can no longer be applied to Fractured items, overriding their Fractured modifiers.

Sounds like no.

So i have one 20% shot at this?
And if it doesnt hit, i cant even start over cause the fracture stays, so i can vendor for a divine?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I have never said ty after a trade

I say thanks

marie_eh
Mar 21, 2008

Well, you could use a prefix fracture instead, which would give you a 33% chance. But typically, fracturing a base is step one of a crafting process. So you probably shouldn't use a 6L base as you should expect to fail a number of times. Or if they're cheap it probably doesn't matter.

marie_eh fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Aug 30, 2021

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I say "stay sane, exile" because this is my escapism and gotta lean into it because what's the point of anything if you don't.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I greet people with "you're lookin' sharp" and leave with "DON'T EAT THE MUSHROOMS"

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

External Organs posted:

I maintain that having a monster mod that can disable player auras on hit could be an interesting mod if it were more likely to occur the more people you had in a game.

There's people who get 95% of their EHP from their own Discipline and would instantly poof to that.

Case in point, my main from last league... https://poe.ninja/ultimatum/builds/char/zerovgs/Slormancer

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
idk what the sweetspot for group play is exactly, but it definitely is not where it is currently. Currently any moderately coordinated group can be doing literally any content in the game 18 hours in (for some particularly coordinated groups, take 4-6 hours off of this). That just categorically is not a good place for the economy to be in, nor does it square with the ggg's driving vision for how hard the endgame should be to break into.

The main force that lets people scale into that content so early is aurabots (and to a lesser extent cursebots, but the aurabots really are the main thing undoing a ton of the gearing demands).

There is also a question of how rewarding should group play be? Should it be somewhat more rewarding than solo? Should it be very rewarding? Should it be several mirrors in a few days rewarding? cuz currently it's the latter.

Anyways the lovely thing about it currently is that group play is just unambiguously head and shoulders beyond everything else wrt rewards. The other big glaring contradiction is that it just skips the entire progression of the game.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

pork never goes bad posted:

Awakened definitely has the whois button for incoming, does it not for outgoing too? And I know it has a highlight button, though it is another thing to press for sure.

I only use the control-D part of awakened and it never pops up any kind of anything for trade related whispers inbound or outbound. Am I missing something?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Bakalakadaka posted:

I greet people with "you're lookin' sharp" and leave with "DON'T EAT THE MUSHROOMS"

I use a Glimmerwood hideout, so Rog actually makes sense sometimes

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

The thing is I normally don't care about group play and people playing busted stuff to break the economy but GGG seems to be intent on clamping that down for solo players so I'm just spiteful and hope aurabots gets hosed.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Auras can only affect self and minions, not allies. Ez

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Captain Foo posted:

Auras can only affect self and minions, not allies. Ez

I was thinking “reduced effect on party members”, but yeah, same general idea.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

hey wow some people play aura donkeys for fun because they just love boosting their friends, it has nothing to do with exploiting poo poo to make currency

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

hawowanlawow posted:

hey wow some people play aura donkeys for fun because they just love boosting their friends, it has nothing to do with exploiting poo poo to make currency

That's why I prefer "reduced effect". You can still boost your friends, just not to ridiculous levels like you can now.