Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

ram dass in hell posted:

why do you think this makes you sound like a centrist and inviting mockery, i can't find the part where this is heterodox cspam opinion

they have a problem with ron desantis owning a shitlib scientist??

we need a team huddle to confer on this new information, may we approach the bench your honor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Zurtilik posted:

My school district already has 1,347 confirmed STUDENT cases and 178 confirmed STAFF cases.

The biggest clusters have been in middle and high schools which so far contradicts the CDC's assumption that those would be safer since there should be more vaxxed individuals!

lol it's probably sports and gym class

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Penisaurus Sex posted:

what really owns is this doesn’t even make sense as a plan. we don’t have the ideological structures for people to ignore mass death, and we have too many people vaccinated to let it rip through our population and burn itself out.

if this were any other country I’d say this is a failing government on the way out, one way or the other. since it’s America who knows, it could limp along for a while yet.

it doesn't make any sense as a plan of action but it does make a lot of sense as a justification for doing nothing. i mean it still doesn't make sense but they need to come up with some reason why they're doing nothing

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
hmm my lungs feel a little funny and I've developed a cough.

I'm sure it's nothing.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

kazmeyer posted:

Oh gently caress, Dr. Eric Feigl-Ding was unquestionably wrong about something.

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1432365770902749184?s=20

Spider-Man isn't a mutant. Faith in his infallibility shattered.

I like the guy in the comments whos like "yeah I do this too for my nephew and niece who are 100% healthy"

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Casey Finnigan posted:

it doesn't make any sense as a plan of action but it does make a lot of sense as a justification for doing nothing. i mean it still doesn't make sense but they need to come up with some reason why they're doing nothing

Nah, it's not coherent enough.

That's what's going to really sink our government, if anything. It's a lot more dangerous being a rudderless government that can't decide anything and stick with it vs. just being incompetent or bad.

Hypothetically, of course.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Asproigerosis posted:

hmm my lungs feel a little funny and I've developed a cough.

I'm sure it's nothing.

It's probably a critical deficiency of vitamin L

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
the best way to avoid getting covid is to get covid. it's better than vaccination. get vaccinated, though. don't wear a mask unless you're vaccinated or unless you've had covid, or are planning to have had covid. if you are a student who's sick with covid, go to school to help provide immunity to covid to the other students, by giving them covid.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

It's generally got the right idea for spike mutations but I continue to be bearish because of no P681R/H. Maybe the mutation at 679 is as good, if it is we may have a real contender. Otherwise we just have an impressive amount of immune escape but still a lack of raw transmissibility.

Next season's covid draft looking good. Lots of raw immune escape talent.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
When do I get the COVID that makes me bleed out of my eyes?

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

kazmeyer posted:

Oh gently caress, Dr. Eric Feigl-Ding was unquestionably wrong about something.

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1432365770902749184?s=20

Spider-Man isn't a mutant. Faith in his infallibility shattered.

spider man was not born a mutant, but he converted to become one.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Doing series A funding for my covid variant betting market app

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

a.lo posted:

makes u think

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

First day of school in Chicago. Not enough bus drivers for all the routes.

The mayor is on the case though.
https://twitter.com/HeatherCherone/status/1432373907202494466?s=19

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Lastgirl posted:

they have a problem with ron desantis owning a shitlib scientist??

we need a team huddle to confer on this new information, may we approach the bench your honor

sorry, just found out someone at my partner's workplace popped positive and am busy planning a gender reveal party for their boss

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Atrocious Joe posted:

yeah this is just utter collapse of everything man

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

they should contact the pizza delivery drivers too

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/cassiechicago/status/1432330494188957698?s=19
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeqGuaAl6Ic

Atrocious Joe fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Aug 30, 2021

Flambeau
Aug 5, 2015
Plaster Town Cop
My brother's job sent him to California, Mississippi, and Georgia last week. Unsurprisingly, he just tested positive.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

ram dass in hell posted:

sorry, just found out someone at my partner's workplace popped positive and am busy planning a gender reveal party for their boss

make sure you include allusions to "Trust the science" to work into the party

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
I know they don't care about kids dying but this is a bit :stare:

https://twitter.com/IsaacMcClinton2/status/1432149144546824194

e: :stare:
Isaac McClinton is from Columbia,SC. I am a professional saxophonist and currently serves as Principal of C A Johnson HS.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Atrocious Joe posted:

you mean the company where the drivers routinely rape and assault passengers?

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

i was thinking more curb your enthusiasm theme song, that kid has powerful larry david energy

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Penisaurus Sex posted:

hell yeah.

your and your wife’s saga of leaving Mississippi is one of the most uplifting things that’s happened in the past 19 months or so.

ha ha sure am glad we did that!!!! holy gently caress!!!!

SKULL.GIF posted:

glad you managed to survive the low from a couple months ago, you were doing pretty rough for a while there

sure the gently caress was!!! thanks to business gorilla my wife was able to leave the god awful job she had that was ruining our lives. we will probably get down to our last dollars by the time our first checks come in but that's fine because once they come in our income will be at around 2.5 times what it was and the new job sounds worlds better

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

do not go to school imo

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Posting through it.

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1432375974776217606?s=20

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
How long do we have before societal collapse?

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Your UBER Bus is here. Please be sure to hand your child a $5 bill to tip the driver GREGORY! Remember your UBER bus service charge of 12.99 does not go to the drivers.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

kalensc posted:

That sucks man, sorry you have to deal with that nonsense guilt-tripping.

I'd opt for:

- restating that you only go to gatherings where folks are fully vaxxed (and even then it's unlikely);

- say that you'd be very happy to join them via zoom or messenger video or what have you;

- and wish them well if a hybrid in-person/online hangout is "not possible" for them.

While I understand the anger and the possible desire to cut them off, doing so probably escalates the issue heading into the fall. They'll claim you're the unreasonable one for going silent, and twist the situation around to try and guilt you.

By keeping it diplomatic and saying you'd love to participate from afar, you've made a genuine effort and they have no new ammo to fire at you come Thanksgiving etc.

But maybe I'm naive in thinking this will be effective, I dunno.

Thanks friend, I believe this is probably the approach I'm going to take. I've explained before I don't want to get them sick but delta breakthroughs have changed the game even more these days and I'd like the rest of what is hopefully a long and happy for my wife and I to not be marred by long-term illness, at least not self-inflicted

septa
Oct 13, 2016

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Isaac McClinton is from Columbia,SC. I am a professional saxophonist and currently serves as Principal of C A Johnson HS.

gonna be thinking about that one for a while

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

empty whippet box posted:

im currently starting my work from home job which pays more than any job ive ever had, and my wife will start hers in 3 weeks that pays the most she's ever been paid, also wfh, it owns. thanks covid

That's awesome, congrats!

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

he is right, spider man is a convert

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

too bad the student couldn't breath a normal breath

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Sir. Please don't be misinformed on my favorite fictional garbage universe!

Thunder God Biden
Sep 8, 2004

Israel is not a legitimate entity, and no amount of pressure can force us to recognize its right to exist.

Lookit that haircut. That's a fuckin nazi y'all.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Pillowpants posted:

negative 30 years

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Thunder God Biden posted:

Lookit that haircut. That's a fuckin nazi y'all.

yeah he's a big Trumper and he was also involved with the 1/6 riot

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Casey Finnigan posted:

the best way to avoid getting covid is to get covid. it's better than vaccination. get vaccinated, though. don't wear a mask unless you're vaccinated or unless you've had covid, or are planning to have had covid. if you are a student who's sick with covid, go to school to help provide immunity to covid to the other students, by giving them covid.

where did you get a copy of Biden’s next speech

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

ha ha sure am glad we did that!!!! holy gently caress!!!!

sure the gently caress was!!! thanks to business gorilla my wife was able to leave the god awful job she had that was ruining our lives. we will probably get down to our last dollars by the time our first checks come in but that's fine because once they come in our income will be at around 2.5 times what it was and the new job sounds worlds better

forums action gets the goods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Pillowpants posted:

negative 30 years