Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AzzaccaRye
Dec 9, 2020

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Just adding! It was a good contribution.

Way beyond :crackping: just having a case of the Mondays. :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
remember when katrina had that bridge shooting and the DA hosed up the case talking poo poo in the comments of the newspaper website

then the cops did a plea bargain for short sentences

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Shifty Nipples posted:

I think human suffering sucks

but! very profitable

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Shifty Nipples posted:

nice virtue signalling

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

Muscle Wizard posted:

lol sorry pal, i'm not gonna respect msnbc

instead im going to say “racist grandpas are good actually”

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Spergin Morlock posted:

lol what in the absolute gently caress is that guys problem?

umm if you read this thread you'd realize this this is a criticism of the corporate owned media and absolutely not a dude ready to go start a pogrom

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
most of these critiques of obama are coming from wypipo... do better y'all, the optics on this is sus

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Shifty Nipples posted:

yellowD
Mar 7, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

remember when katrina had that bridge shooting and the DA hosed up the case talking poo poo in the comments of the newspaper website

then the cops did a plea bargain for short sentences

the only fuckup there was that the cops were sentenced at all

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Shifty Nipples posted:

yeah, gently caress the demiurge i hate that bitch

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Remake Airheads but it's about goons taking over a popular YouTube channel demanding they upload a copy of their video essay about a Marxist reading of Calliou

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
https://twitter.com/DEFCONWSALERTS/status/1432395599781974016

hahahahahahhaaä

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

fukushima the bayou

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Infrastructure leak

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

sure, why not

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Zil posted:

Infrastructure leak

infrastructure weak

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

This won't get worse. The system is working and the damage has been contained.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

irradiated covid particles carried by a storm that catch ash from a forest fire

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Raine posted:

fun fact electricity going through your body will contract your muscles and override brain signals to move those muscles

if you get electocuted like that you will fall down and curl into a ball against your will until you die

kinda like how if you grab something electrified you wont be able to let go (and why brushing the back of your hand to check for electrified objects is better)

400k volts with the kind of power a transmission line can provide will just vaporize you. they'll be lucky to find the melted rubber of your shoe soles

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

How big is that power plant anyway

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
replace the oil exports with irradiated bayou crocodiles, number will be estatic

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
can't decide between Deepwater Event Horizon or China Virus Syndrome

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

hmmmm....this seems bad as well

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

but! very profitable

money is the root of all evil or something

smoobles posted:

nice virtue signalling

sorry i will check my privelege

:negative:

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

yeah, gently caress the demiurge i hate that bitch

ok here i'm out of my element i've gone in over my head, i only took Elementary Ethics

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

lmao if we get fukushima 2.0 right here

and extra lmao that FEMA and governors probably have to decide, do we send the diesel we have to the nuke plant or to the hospitals... lots of people will die if either doesn't get it!

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
i wonder did they even scram the reactor when the hurricane started to approach? this was such a fast moving hurricane it might not have even been long enough time to get the reactor into a stable and safe state

edit: vvv

agreed it's not fukushima yet, but it takes days even for a shut down reactor to cool down and be stable. it needs constant coolant during that time and diesel generators have to keep running. if those generators fail or can't get fuel then it turns into fukushima. all of fukushima's reactors were shut down when it had the tsunami hit, as was the policy, but the decay heat was still intense and needed coolant flowing for days.

mod sassinator has issued a correction as of 19:24 on Aug 30, 2021

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

They can shut off the reactor to prevent a meltdown if the diesel ran out, the diesel allows the plant to keep running. this is not a fukishima situation unless this a bad info

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

all that oil and natural gas infrastructure getting hosed up dumped way more radiation into the environment than that plant could

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

mod sassinator posted:

i wonder did they even scram the reactor when the hurricane started to approach? this was such a fast moving hurricane it might not have even been long enough time to get the reactor into a stable and safe state

edit: vvv

agreed it's not fukushima yet, but it takes days even for a shut down reactor to cool down and be stable. it needs constant coolant during that time and diesel generators have to keep running. if those generators fail or can't get fuel then it turns into fukushima.

rimworld taught me its just a big red SCRAM button so how hard could it be really

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

infrastructure weak

wet rear end bayou make that infrastructure weak, FE (MAH)
bring a bucket and a mop

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

A Bakers Cousin posted:

rimworld taught me its just a big red SCRAM button so how hard could it be really

i mean there literally is but that shuts it down hard and its then a pain in the rear end to fire it back up again. thats the whole reason chernobyl blew up is that the way the soviets had designed the control rods there was a brief moment where reactivity would increase as the scram button was pushed. would not matter normally but with all the insane poo poo they had done beforehand it blew the whole thing

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

the only thing that needs to scram, is big government telling me how to operate my nuclear reactor!

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Der Meister posted:

shut the gently caress up

Not the msnbc reporters :qq:

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

the only thing that needs to scram, is big government telling me how to operate my nuclear reactor!

we need to learn to live with the radiation, why do we build these big expensive containment structures? just put the drat reactor in a shed it's fine. we're all going to get irradiated some day, stop worrying. cosmic radiation is irradiating you right now and we don't build giant walls around the entire earth!!

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
we have to learn to live with the nuclear radiation

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I'd have to imagine this is not the first time that it has been off the power grid.

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

mod sassinator posted:

400k volts with the kind of power a transmission line can provide will just vaporize you. they'll be lucky to find the melted rubber of your shoe soles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuwxZSIS__4

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
just what americans need, more excuses to be absolutely loving braindead over nuclear power

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

They shut down Waterford with Katrina approaching. Not this time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

keep your big government finger off my big red scram button