Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

surf rock posted:

Oof, I really felt like this draft got away from me. 10-team PPR redraft league:

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Clyde Edwards-Helaire
WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Brandon Aiyuk, JuJu Smith-Schuster
TE: Mike Gesicki
Flex: D'Andre Swift
Superflex: Ryan Tannehill
K: Jason Sanders
D/ST: Baltimore

Bench: Tua Tagovailoa, Gus Edwards, Michael Carter, Brandin Cooks, Curtis Samuel, Jonnu Smith, Evan Engram

I ended up drafting three TEs in the hopes that one of them has a good season and is worth starting. I don't know; this was one of those drafts where the person I wanted was always taken a pick or two ahead of me.

All my grand strategies always go out the window when the draft actually happens

I like your team. I agree with Coronaball that Engram shouldn’t be rostered

Considering it’s a PPR league I’d try to shore up your WRs. I don’t trust Schuster to be a stud competing with Diontae Johnson and Claypool and Ben might be washed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

sourdough posted:

Otoh Devonta Smith is the third WR Heisman winner ever and a top 10 draft pick. Callaway seems a fine dart throw too, but Smith has better fantasy prospects than a typical rookie.

I didn’t really pay attention to the eagles last year. Did Hurts provide enough volume to support a high end receiver?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

CocoaNuts posted:

Would you agree with these TE rankings?

Travis Kelce
Darren Waller
George Kittle
Mark Andrews
Kyle Pitts
T.J. Hockenson

I have Hock as TE4. Otherwise, that is the consensus.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Had my home league auction draft on Sat, thought I’d post a trip report in case it helps anyone. 12 team, .5 PPR, Superflex.

I’m the defending champion this year, and went in like I typically do with a flexible approach: four potential team builds to go with depending on how the draft goes, with target $s allocated to each roster spot for each build type: 1 Elite RB; 2 Elite WRs, 1 Elite TE, and Balanced.

The way the draft fell, I ended up going with the Balanced approach: cheaper QBs with rushing upside; 1 young RB with elite receiving upside + zero RB candidates; 1 elite young WR then several 2nd/3rd year breakout candidates; punt TE.

A ton of guys I wasn’t interested in were early noms, so I kept with that trend and nominated expensive guys I didn’t want to get more $ off the table. After spending up earlyish for one elite player (AJB), I ended up with the big stack for the entire draft and just picked off “my guys”, even when it got me into a few bidding wars (Trey Lance).

QB: Tannehill ($15), Lance ($16), Daniel Jones ($6), Mac Jones ($2)
RB: Swift ($20), Damien Harris ($8), Trey Sermon ($12), Gus Edwards ($3), Tony Pollard ($13)
WR: AJ Brown ($37), Ceedee Lamb ($24), Chase Claypool ($7), Jerry Jeudy ($10), Deebo Samuel ($7), Shenault ($6), Elijah Moore ($1)
TE: Robert Tonyan ($4)
D/ST: Ravens
K: Crosby

On the surface, this team doesn’t look strong out of the gate, but it’s got a ton of upside, and I think has the chance to be really good down the stretch if I hit on any WR breakouts. Will need to churn the waiver wire on RB all season long, and aggressively drop any of my WRs (Viska in particular) if early roles don’t point to strong weekly air yards numbers.

I got almost all (except AJ Dillon :( ) of my “do not leave the draft without this player”, guys too: Lance, Swift, Lamb, Sermon, Jeudy, Elijah Moore.

JK Dobbins injury happened during the draft, so Gus Edwards was a lucky break for sure.

Quarterroys fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Aug 30, 2021

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001
Had a bad auction where I left a lot of money on the table. 12 team PPR with one extra flex spot.

QB Wilson $3, Rodgers $3
RB Ekeler $54, Carson $33, Hunt $7, Mike Davis $7, Sermon $6, Mostert $1
WR Thielen $8, Antonio Brown $4, Higgins $3, Diontae $3, Jeudy $2, OBJ $2
TE Hockenson $13
WFT $3

$48 remaining

First auction in a long time and I didn't do enough early to secure a big name receiver.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Felter Chesthard posted:

Had a bad auction where I left a lot of money on the table. 12 team PPR with one extra flex spot.

QB Wilson $3, Rodgers $3
RB Ekeler $54, Carson $33, Hunt $7, Mike Davis $7, Sermon $6, Mostert $1
WR Thielen $8, Antonio Brown $4, Higgins $3, Diontae $3, Jeudy $2, OBJ $2
TE Hockenson $13
WFT $3

$48 remaining

First auction in a long time and I didn't do enough early to secure a big name receiver.
I've never done an auction but Diontae for 3 and Jeudy for 2 seems pretty great to me. No they might not be a top guy but I think they're both going to do great this year.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

0.5 ppr, IDP-style D scoring, QB/2RB/2WR/TE/(R/W/T)/D/2K/P

I went super young, probably way too young, in this dynasty startup. It's my first dynasty start up so I feel like I probably could've gone in more on some vets for the short term.
With that said, I think I'll finish 4-9 if I'm lucky, lol. But I want a high pick next year sooo :getin:

I probably drafted the two young QBs too high but I am a gambling man. Weirdly, I was actually following Beersheets Dynasty and it seems like at least some of my picks were right on target (especially the earlier ones). I just aimed for youth instead of points now. I managed to snipe Etienne but I also forgot Dobbins and Akers existed. Oops. Hopefully this pays off in a year or two.

Anyway, enjoy laughing at my roster, fellas.

e: oh yeah, the beginning of the draft was hosed up for some reason. It was supposed to be snake but the first 4 rounds went 1->12, 1->12, 1->12, 1->12 before I could get my double pick on the turn. I have no idea why. So my first 4 did not go according to plan since I had to rethink my picks without the double-pick available.

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Aug 30, 2021

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
PPR Keeper league, 1 point value, I can keep 2, but uses my first and second pick. I have

Dalvin Cook, definitely keeping him and

Tyreek Hill
Jonathan Taylor

Can't decide between Reek and Taylor - mostly because it's a PPR league, otherwise I'd go Taylor. send help plz

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Joey Freshwater posted:

PPR Keeper league, 1 point value, I can keep 2, but uses my first and second pick. I have

Dalvin Cook, definitely keeping him and

Tyreek Hill
Jonathan Taylor

Can't decide between Reek and Taylor - mostly because it's a PPR league, otherwise I'd go Taylor. send help plz

I think it's harder to replace a RB than a WR, so Taylor is your best bet. I fully believe you'll be able to replicate or find something close to Tyreek's production in the draft much easier than you can Taylor.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I think it's harder to replace a RB than a WR, so Taylor is your best bet. I fully believe you'll be able to replicate or find something close to Tyreek's production in the draft much easier than you can Taylor.
I agree with this assessment. I dont believe in Taylor much personally but the opportunity cost of spending a 2nd on Tyreek is high, even if you're keeping Dalvin.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Are there any last-minute "casual" leagues forming that have a spot open? I looked at other threads and the past few pages of this one but it seemed like they've all filled up and/or already drafted.

Many thanks, and good luck to you all in your keeper/money leagues. :thurman:

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

to make things difficult i'll take the opposite position -- since this is full point PPR, fantasypros has Tyreek as the consensus #9, while Taylor is #15, so Tyreek is better value. You have a shot at the #1 overall RB and #1 overall WR in the same season and Taylor lacks Tyreek's upside with Nyheim Hines (and Mack?) vulturing carries, a question mark at QB in Wentz, and injuries on the offensive line. Tyreek is healthy and all systems go with less target competition in KC since Watkins is gone.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I was going to mention Taylor sure is getting a ton of hype based on a couple games meanwhile Hill is a lock to keep producing, probably more than he ever has

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
If all keepers will cost 1st and 2nd round, i'd expect most top tier RB's, WR's, and Kelce gone. 1 PPR and i'm taking that stud WR on the best offense over the stone hands RB taking handoffs from Wentz. (yea i know he hasn't really had stone hands in the NFL.) But Wentz does not like to pass to his RB's.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Hrm yeah the overall situation in Indy is not good, thats a good point.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

kalensc posted:

Are there any last-minute "casual" leagues forming that have a spot open? I looked at other threads and the past few pages of this one but it seemed like they've all filled up and/or already drafted.

Many thanks, and good luck to you all in your keeper/money leagues. :thurman:

We have one spot left for a casual auction league that's drafting Friday at 8:30 eastern if you are interested and can make it. It's on Sleeper.

We are not allowing autodrafting though since it's intended to help out some folks who haven't done auction before but are interested.

Poque fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Aug 30, 2021

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Hrm yeah the overall situation in Indy is not good, thats a good point.

Yup, I actually completely forgot Wentz existed.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
I was feeling relatively good about this draft Saturday morning until the Dobbins injury. I have some rare brain disease where I love taking handcuffs for RBs that other people own.

10-team keeper league, 0.5 PPR, 1 Flex slot

QB: Aaron Rodgers
RB: Najee Harris, JK Dobbins, Chase Edmonds (K), Darrell Henderson, AJ Dillon, Tony Pollard
WR: Terry McLaurin (K), Robert Woods (K), Mike Evans, Deebo Samuel, Kenny Gollday, TY Hilton
TE: George Kittle (K), Robert Tonyan
D/ST: Washington

I absolutely messed up taking Tonyan with my 3rd to last pick not realizing it was my 3rd to last. I was in a trade last year that netted me an extra 2nd round pick that I unfortunately used on Dobbins, so it left me one less late rounder which I wanted to use on Trey Lance.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Whoreson Welles posted:

I was feeling relatively good about this draft Saturday morning until the Dobbins injury. I have some rare brain disease where I love taking handcuffs for RBs that other people own.

10-team keeper league, 0.5 PPR, 1 Flex slot

QB: Aaron Rodgers
RB: Najee Harris, JK Dobbins, Chase Edmonds (K), Darrell Henderson, AJ Dillon, Tony Pollard
WR: Terry McLaurin (K), Robert Woods (K), Mike Evans, Deebo Samuel, Kenny Gollday, TY Hilton
TE: George Kittle (K), Robert Tonyan
D/ST: Washington

I absolutely messed up taking Tonyan with my 3rd to last pick not realizing it was my 3rd to last. I was in a trade last year that netted me an extra 2nd round pick that I unfortunately used on Dobbins, so it left me one less late rounder which I wanted to use on Trey Lance.

idk i love lance but what would you even do with him, you drafted aaron rodgers. i guess you could say the same for Tonyan. your RBs look good enough with Najee + DHenderson, with Dillon and Pollard as longer term upside.

I'd drop TY, he has a nasty disc issue that's going to keep him out for weeks. think about going for some upside at WR

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

buffalo all day posted:

idk i love lance but what would you even do with him, you drafted aaron rodgers. i guess you could say the same for Tonyan. your RBs look good enough with Najee + DHenderson, with Dillon and Pollard as longer term upside.

I'd drop TY, he has a nasty disc issue that's going to keep him out for weeks. think about going for some upside at WR

It's a keeper league, i'd presume he wanted Lance for that.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Yup, I actually completely forgot Wentz existed.
I'm sorry that that was taken away from you.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/Colts/status/1432391780675244032

gettin worse

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

VietCampo posted:

It's a keeper league, i'd presume he wanted Lance for that.

good point, i missed that....

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

buffalo all day posted:

Yeah mostly wanted Lance as a late-round keeper. T.Y. was late too so I’m not too broken up if I end up dropping him but for now he can chill in IR with my poor boy J.K. I am going to need to be on top of my FAAB game the first few weeks to make up for it.

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008
Any general advice for a dynasty start up? 12 team, 0.5 PPR, with $200 budget.

1 QB, 1 SFLX, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 FLX, 1 TE.

I plan to go heavy $ for a QB1 and RB1. Seems like there is a lot of value if you wait a bit for WR. This is the first dynasty league for Pretty much everyone involved.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Make sure you get Elijah Moore, that's my advice.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Quarterroys posted:

Had my home league auction draft on Sat, thought I’d post a trip report in case it helps anyone. 12 team, .5 PPR, Superflex.

I’m the defending champion this year, and went in like I typically do with a flexible approach: four potential team builds to go with depending on how the draft goes, with target $s allocated to each roster spot for each build type: 1 Elite RB; 2 Elite WRs, 1 Elite TE, and Balanced.

The way the draft fell, I ended up going with the Balanced approach: cheaper QBs with rushing upside; 1 young RB with elite receiving upside + zero RB candidates; 1 elite young WR then several 2nd/3rd year breakout candidates; punt TE.

A ton of guys I wasn’t interested in were early noms, so I kept with that trend and nominated expensive guys I didn’t want to get more $ off the table. After spending up earlyish for one elite player (AJB), I ended up with the big stack for the entire draft and just picked off “my guys”, even when it got me into a few bidding wars (Trey Lance).

QB: Tannehill ($15), Lance ($16), Daniel Jones ($6), Mac Jones ($2)
RB: Swift ($20), Damien Harris ($8), Trey Sermon ($12), Gus Edwards ($3), Tony Pollard ($13)
WR: AJ Brown ($37), Ceedee Lamb ($24), Chase Claypool ($7), Jerry Jeudy ($10), Deebo Samuel ($7), Shenault ($6), Elijah Moore ($1)
TE: Robert Tonyan ($4)
D/ST: Ravens
K: Crosby

On the surface, this team doesn’t look strong out of the gate, but it’s got a ton of upside, and I think has the chance to be really good down the stretch if I hit on any WR breakouts. Will need to churn the waiver wire on RB all season long, and aggressively drop any of my WRs (Viska in particular) if early roles don’t point to strong weekly air yards numbers.

I got almost all (except AJ Dillon :( ) of my “do not leave the draft without this player”, guys too: Lance, Swift, Lamb, Sermon, Jeudy, Elijah Moore.

JK Dobbins injury happened during the draft, so Gus Edwards was a lucky break for sure.

I haven't had to pleasure of doing auction drafts but I love the makeup of your team generally and a lot of your targets, Gus Edwards was a huge steal obviously! A bit surprised Lance went for more than Tannehill.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Poque posted:

We have one spot left for a casual auction league that's drafting Friday at 8:30 eastern if you are interested and can make it. It's on Sleeper.

We are not allowing autodrafting though since it's intended to help out some folks who haven't done auction before but are interested.

Sounds fun, I'm gonna send you a PM.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

kiimo posted:

I’m not saying he’s the next OBJ, but his production profile in college was super good, he’s been blowing up camp reports, and AJ Brown has come out and said the dude is better than him at football.

Also, he’s flying a bit under the radar due to his quad injury (like OBJ did his rookie year), and he’s basically free in redraft leagues.

Draft Elijah Moore in all formats this year!!

Whoreson Welles posted:

Drafting other people’s handcuffs over your own is the way to go! It gives your team more upside, and allows you to get more production and trade value out of your roster spots.

Levin posted:

I haven't had to pleasure of doing auction drafts but I love the makeup of your team generally and a lot of your targets, Gus Edwards was a huge steal obviously! A bit surprised Lance went for more than Tannehill.

Thanks!!

Tannehill was the first QB nominated, when most people were still focused on the big name RBs, so he came at a bit of a discount. Lance didn’t get nominated until later, after Fields, and when a couple teams still had no QB1, so his price was a bit inflated. The fun part of auctions!

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
We have a Vet auction coming up on Thursday. An owner paid dues, but then sort of disappeared and we can't get in touch with them.

It's a dynasty IDP league and it's a super competitive team (other than Drew Brees being on their roster).

https://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2021/options?L=79286&O=07&F=0012

We dont know if we're looking to replace, or if we can get someone to do the vet auction for this owner and maybe eventually take it over or what.

Radio silence from the owner, so we're not sure how to approach it. 2 weeks ago the owner stepped in and said they are in for the year, immediately paid dues, then immediately went off the radar.

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008

kiimo posted:

Thanks! He’s one of the young receivers I have highlighted!

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

That's Nick Foles' cue to go win another Superbowl.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Im in a 12 team 1ppr 1qb,2rb,2wr,1rb/te/wr keeper league..

I am drafting snake 5th and I have the option to keep Mixon in the 2nd round. If I do that, Im trying to figure out who to take in the first round..

The players are: Mcaffry, Kamara, Kelce, Cook, Adams, Henry, Diggs, waller, HIll, Elliot

I am assuming mcaffry, kamara and cook will be gone by the 5th pick, but trying to decide who should I go with if Im keeping MIxon in the 2nd round.. Should I try and snag another great RB or should I grab Adams or take Kelce..

I dont think I will take elliot if hes the only RB left of what I just typed out, but curious what you guys think

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Spermy Smurf posted:

We have a Vet auction coming up on Thursday. An owner paid dues, but then sort of disappeared and we can't get in touch with them.

It's a dynasty IDP league and it's a super competitive team (other than Drew Brees being on their roster).

https://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2021/options?L=79286&O=07&F=0012

We dont know if we're looking to replace, or if we can get someone to do the vet auction for this owner and maybe eventually take it over or what.

Radio silence from the owner, so we're not sure how to approach it. 2 weeks ago the owner stepped in and said they are in for the year, immediately paid dues, then immediately went off the radar.

Join. It’s a fun league!

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Reading the Pitts hype from earlier reminded me that Pitts went for $135 in our start up auction (budget: $1200). He was the second most expensive TE and probably won't be under contract for more than 2 years.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

fyallm posted:

Im in a 12 team 1ppr 1qb,2rb,2wr,1rb/te/wr keeper league..

I am drafting snake 5th and I have the option to keep Mixon in the 2nd round. If I do that, Im trying to figure out who to take in the first round..

The players are: Mcaffry, Kamara, Kelce, Cook, Adams, Henry, Diggs, waller, HIll, Elliot

I am assuming mcaffry, kamara and cook will be gone by the 5th pick, but trying to decide who should I go with if Im keeping MIxon in the 2nd round.. Should I try and snag another great RB or should I grab Adams or take Kelce..

I dont think I will take elliot if hes the only RB left of what I just typed out, but curious what you guys think

So Mixon would be the equivalent of a 20th overall pick if I understand correctly? I imagine this somewhat depends on what other keepers are being taken. Consensus ECR on FantasyPros currently places him 23rd overall fwiw. I drafted him 16th overall in my 12-team snake redraft Half-PPR league after snagging Davante Adams with my 9th pick. What I had read at the time suggested he was being underrated but I'm no expert and am questioning the decision now.

edit: Though iirc he was the best value on the board based on my Beersheet at the time.

Levin fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Aug 30, 2021

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Levin posted:

So Mixon would be the equivalent of a 20th overall pick if I understand correctly? I imagine this somewhat depends on what other keepers are being taken. Consensus ECR on FantasyPros currently places him 23rd overall fwiw. I drafted him 16th overall in my 12-team snake redraft Half-PPR league after snagging Davante Adams with my 9th pick. What I had read at the time suggested he was being underrated but I'm no expert and am questioning the decision now.

edit: Though iirc he was the best value on the board based on my Beersheet at the time.

That is correct, he would be my 20th overall pick. I think it makes sense because my league pretty much takes straight RB's in the first round, or at least they have the past 3 seasons, and its the same group of guys...

What I really need help with is what should my first round pick be? with the potential people listed being there and me taking mixon in the second round.; Mcaffry, Kamara, Kelce, Cook, Adams, Henry, Diggs, waller, HIll, Elliot

I really dont want to take elliot if mcaffry kamara cook henry are all gone and adams diggs kelce and hill are there.. But not sure

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Here's a beersheet

https://footballabsurdity.com/wp-content/plugins/BeerSheetRequests/sheets/12,1,1,2,2,1,1,0,0,0,4,6,6,0.04,0.1,0.1,-2,0,0,0.pdf

I'd say when it is time to pick just take the highest VAL player while keeping in mind how many carries Henry and Zeke have amassed at this point since it is a keeper.

I struggled with roughly the same choices and went with Saquon. He's getting over an injury but also I want to dominate at the end of the year not the beginning.

If Dalvin or Kamara somehow fall to you though you should jump on that

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is there a reason why Beersheets have Jamarr Chase so high?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

FWIW i was in your shoes (right down to having Mixon as my second RB keeper) in a 0.5 PPR and I took Zeke.

Since this is full PPR i think you have to go davante because you can't take a WR round 2 and he gets so much volume, but I don't think Kelce is a bad pick.