Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Someone has started posting Achewood in the pyf comic thread (in pyf) and, here is a mysterie solued

ELTON JOHN posted:

Thanks to any musician who transcribes that and sends a .wav to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
God bless this dead forum

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Phy posted:

Someone has started posting Achewood in the pyf comic thread (in pyf) and, here is a mysterie solued

ok now I need all the Achewood songs transcribed and played

That means the one about the starlet driving her car over a cliff, the one that Teodor plays when Philippe buries Click Robot, Pat’s multipart epic about the Civil War, etc

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Philippe's song that he tried to get it so it would play YOUR FAULT at his funeral

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Ok Comboomer posted:

ok now I need all the Achewood songs transcribed and played

That means the one about the starlet driving her car over a cliff, the one that Teodor plays when Philippe buries Click Robot, Pat’s multipart epic about the Civil War, etc

So long as no one attempts to play "Hog and Prawn"

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

JethroMcB posted:

So long as no one attempts to play "Hog and Prawn"

Aiiiiight!

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Did you guys know that if you get run over by a train, then that is very sad but it could have been prevented?

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

I'm not gonna lie, the blurred cover for that album looks a lot like Phillipe.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

A Single Sphink posted:

That was a different shoot.

Through the power of Photoshop it was the very same shoot.

There was also a pyramid.

Halloween Jack posted:

The most out-of-character Pat recipe is the baked potato that's just "Bake the potato. Leave it alone." I've been baking potatoes this way ever since.
I learned the hard way to make sure to use a fork and pierce the potato skin.

I used to make the Roast Beef oven fries all the time. And the Cornelius scotch eggs. And the bonus Nice Pete fried chicken thighs from some other site. At the beginning of the cookbook there's a bit from most of the crew and Lyle's advice is the best of a great group.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Aug 30, 2021

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

CannonFodder posted:

Through the power of Photoshop it was the very same shoot.

There was also a pyramid.

I learned the hard way to make sure to use a fork and pierce the potato skin.

I used to make the Roast Beef oven fries all the time. And the Cornelius scotch eggs. And the bonus Nice Pete fried chicken thighs from some other site. At the beginning of the cookbook there's a bit from most of the crew and Lyle's advice is the best of a great group.

Is lyle’s advice the cast iron pan one? That’s been super helpful for me.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Is lyle’s advice the cast iron pan one? That’s been super helpful for me.

Yep. Cast iron pan, mise en place, just keep cooking even if you mess up a few times because eventually you'll get it.

"Don't worry about waste: thanks to Todd, no scrap of food ever truly leaves the food chain."

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

CannonFodder posted:

i ave had whoper

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
It muft sizzle

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

CannonFodder posted:

Yep. Cast iron pan, mise en place, just keep cooking even if you mess up a few times because eventually you'll get it.

"Don't worry about waste: thanks to Todd, no scrap of food ever truly leaves the food chain."

T-Th-t-they're like little steaks floatin' on the ground!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Zefiel posted:

T-Th-t-they're like little steaks floatin' on the ground!

That's one of my favourite Achewood jokes. Of course Todd is involved in the worst conversation in the world.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

That's one of my favourite Achewood jokes. Of course Todd is involved in the worst conversation in the world.

One of my favorite alt-texts, as well.

I am debating getting the favicon.ico as a Stupid Tattoo. That, or Ice Cream Headache.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

That's one of my favourite Achewood jokes.

"I mean, I never really got to go to high school. Due to... considerations

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Deathlove posted:

I'd forgotten that:

"Todd's on this thing so often he should have theme music and bumpers."

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I'd forgotten that:

"Todd's on this thing so often he should have theme music and bumpers."

would've saved him a lot of production budget on his talk show. I'm sure "Stupid Clam!" and that other segment where he's yelling at whoever he wants and karate-chopping CDs in half would wind up there easily.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Deathlove posted:

I am debating getting the favicon.ico as a Stupid Tattoo. That, or Ice Cream Headache.

If you're gonna get a tattoo of Ice Cream Headache you need to get a tattoo of buff Philippe, with the tattoo

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Angry_Ed posted:

would've saved him a lot of production budget on his talk show. I'm sure "Stupid Clam!" and that other segment where he's yelling at whoever he wants and karate-chopping CDs in half would wind up there easily.

"As the lobster freezes, Todd slowly wins."

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Philippe posted:

If you're gonna get a tattoo of Ice Cream Headache you need to get a tattoo of buff Philippe, with the tattoo

I am now picturing Philippe addressing a tattoo artist saying what he says in your avatar.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I'll admit that the advice in the first cookbook about not being scared of heat is something that, as somebody who only really got interested in home cooking in early adulthood, really made cooking "click" for me in a way that it hadn't before.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I can't believe that I used to be scared to cook eggs.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

you know i got no sense of eggs YOU KNOW I GOT NO SENSE OF EGGS

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Did you guys know that if you get run over by a train, then that is very sad but it could have been prevented?

the man from the government checks the box next to "Is It A Shame?"

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Halloween Jack posted:

I can't believe that I used to be scared to cook eggs.

Tangentially, I am bad about stripping the seasoning off my cast iron pan due to over-scrubbing but last week I finally trusted it enough that I made scrambled eggs in it

I believe the crapton of butter helped the cooking process, if not my beleaguered arteries

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

I think cast iron guys need Lyle to give the follow-up pep talk, where he explains that if it comes off with a little Dawn and a soft sponge, it wasn't really worth worrying about... the seasoning equivalent of a spider-covets moustache.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

you are all my

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Never thought to try the number until now. Phone menu in Spanish, idk for what.

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution
Can’t you read? It’s for Emergency Homeboys.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

csammis posted:

Can’t you read? It’s for Emergency Homeboys.
oh yeah, what's this sticker on my phone... yep, Hecho en Mexico

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Courtesy Slice™

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

*hammers chest while looking at some rude titties*

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

davidspackage posted:

*hammers chest while looking at some rude titties*

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im gonna need to know which one of you guys got the priors before i can confirm homeboy status

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

ain't no priors any more, not since that one guy exposed his barn door

e: ok I started reading at Emergency Homeboys and now I'm on the bit where vlad takes over the strip while onstad is at disneyland
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03272009
vlad's puzzle is pretty easy to solve, but I don't know enough to finish pat's to this day
vlad's is rear end hole/hole punch/punch me/me first/first class/class action/action figure
pat's is cherrystone clam/clam chowder/chowder head/head... principal?/principal ____/_____ together/together forever
help me, I can't let that rear end in a top hat win

World War Mammories fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Aug 31, 2021

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
headmaster/masterpiece/piece together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I want to read the 398 page novel about Pat and Rod picking their bathroom wallpaper :shobon: