Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ok for real whos your team
This poll is closed.
The Green Bay Packers 81 35.53%
The Chicago Bears 52 22.81%
The Minnesota Vikings 42 18.42%
The Detroit Lions 53 23.25%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Danny LaFever posted:

Perriman and Ford are getting axed.

Not surprising. Perriman had every opportunity to earn a roster spot and then... didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Not surprising. Perriman had every opportunity to earn a roster spot and then... didn't.

Yep, he was terrible. The Lions don't have much and he was the worst of it all somehow. Lions offense is going to be pretty bad!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Scipiotik posted:

Yep, he was terrible. The Lions don't have much and he was the worst of it all somehow. Lions offense is going to be pretty bad!

Hock better not try and hurdle anybody because if he gets hurt this offense is scoring zero points.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Boyle wrecked his thumb and is getting surgery. :(

And Crosby is on the IR. oh boy OL is good but after the starting 5....

on edit. Actually they waived Crosby.

Lions will be trawling for other teams cuts, not surprising really.

Danny LaFever fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Aug 30, 2021

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Danny LaFever posted:

Boyle wrecked his thumb and is getting surgery. :(

And Crosby is on the IR. oh boy OL is good but after the starting 5....

on edit. Actually they waived Crosby.

Lions will be trawling for other teams cuts, not surprising really.

Crosby getting waived is hella surprising, I don't think anyone was expecting that.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

:siren: Goon alert :siren:

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/packers-swoon-over-goon-lazard

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/markgrotesports/status/1432386191257751552

Lmao

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Is he gonna travel back in time to tell his mom to not let him be a lineman

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Oh, phew, that's great to hear!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/DLFPtweets/status/1432552427291611141

If the Lions can trick someone into trading them a draft pick, ANY draft pick, for the shambling husk of Jahlani Tavai, it will be a comical success.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Gonz posted:

https://twitter.com/DLFPtweets/status/1432552427291611141

If the Lions can trick someone into trading them a draft pick, ANY draft pick, for the shambling husk of Jahlani Tavai, it will be a comical success.

GM of the year if so.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
No takers

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1432689198637666304

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN
Well it's done. Question now is who will Lions fans scapegoat for the entire defense being trash?
:magemage:

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Styles Bitchley posted:

Well it's done. Question now is who will Lions fans scapegoat for the entire defense being trash?

Nobody, cause it's gonna be drat good this year. Top 25, surely.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
That's... a lot of really bad quarterbacks

https://twitter.com/ringer/status/1432675588700057616

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Styles Bitchley posted:

There is a whole subsection of the fan base (and media) ready to tear Okudah apart.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I understand the hype for Fields but I think it's really, really premature to call him legitimate. At least wait until his first couple NFL games.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

SKULL.GIF posted:

I understand the hype for Fields but I think it's really, really premature to call him legitimate. At least wait until his first couple NFL games.

He's the first time the bears have drafted a qb in the top 20 since jim McMahon. It's ok to get excited!

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

quote:

Dave Birkett, Detroit Free Press
Tue, August 31, 2021, 9:39 AM·2 min read

The Detroit Lions desperately needed help for what might be the NFL's worst receiving corps, and they did not want to wait for the waiver to find it. The Lions acquired Denver Broncos receiver Trinity Benson via trade late Monday night, a person familiar with the deal told the Free Press. In exchange for Benson, the Lions gave up fifth- and seventh-round draft picks in 2022 and acquired a sixth-round pick in 2023, KUSA-TV in Denver reported.

Who the heck is Trinity Benson

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

mastershakeman posted:

He's the first time the bears have drafted a qb in the top 20 since jim McMahon. It's ok to get excited!

Uhh

*points at the lovely Honda Accord*

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

quote:

Players were awarded 10,000 bonus points for being named All-Pro at any point in their NFL careers, or for leading the league in any major statistical category as a member of the Bears. Unfortunately, none of the 45 players on the list claimed this bonus, since no Bears QB since 1985 has ever been named All-Pro or led the league in any meaningful stat besides interceptions.
Fields will get 10,000 bonus points next season leading the league for rushing.
He will then break his ankle week 2 the following season and scub out of the league.
He will win 5 Gray Cups, and donate all of his earning to anyone who can bring him the head of Germane Ifedi.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

mastershakeman posted:

I'm not saying not to get excited! Be hype! It's a great opportunity. Just hold off on the declarative statements until you know what he really is.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

This is it.

This is the tweet people link in 5 years when talking about the next hype Bears QB.

(I hope Justin Fields is amazing, but...Bears QB...)

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Man, gently caress Bob Quinn again for galaxy-braining his way into drafting Tavai. If they picked him in the fifth round where he was expected to go, he probably gets cut last year and nobody bats an eye.

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

Danny LaFever posted:

There is a whole subsection of the fan base (and media) ready to tear Okudah apart.

I dunno I've seen a lot of people constantly making excuses for Okudah playing like poo poo. 3rd overall comes with expectations. Like I dunno, be a serviceable starter???

I expect Campbell gets a free year to be terrible, 2nd year will still be blaming Quinn and Patricia, sTiLl rEbUiLiNg or some injury excuse, 3rd year reality sets in and the cycle begins anew. They need to sign some loving legit players instead of hoping all these cast offs and draft picks just miraculously all hit as starters.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Styles Bitchley posted:

I dunno I've seen a lot of people constantly making excuses for Okudah playing like poo poo. 3rd overall comes with expectations. Like I dunno, be a serviceable starter???

I expect Campbell gets a free year to be terrible, 2nd year will still be blaming Quinn and Patricia, sTiLl rEbUiLiNg or some injury excuse, 3rd year reality sets in and the cycle begins anew. They need to sign some loving legit players instead of hoping all these cast offs and draft picks just miraculously all hit as starters.

Man, you're gonna be devastated if this rebuild actually works, huh.

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

MJeff posted:

Man, you're gonna be devastated if this rebuild actually works, huh.

In that case the best part will be explaining how Patricia was actually the best thing to happen to the Lions in years, finally forcing a hard reset and all.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Dexo posted:

Uhh

*points at the lovely Honda Accord*

The joke is cade mcnown, Mitch etc don't exist in my consciousness anymore. Just sexy rexy and a few others

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Styles Bitchley posted:

In that case the best part will be explaining how Patricia was actually the best thing to happen to the Lions in years, finally forcing a hard reset and all.

Fiendish!

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

So far it's early but all of the lions draft picks look pretty good, except for Sewell, who is struggling. Their two DT have been terrific and Barnes is showing out.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Scipiotik posted:

So far it's early but all of the lions draft picks look pretty good, except for Sewell, who is struggling. Their two DT have been terrific and Barnes is showing out.

Yeah Sewell is getting trashed but seriously he was out for a year and he's playing a different position. Just give him some time. If he's not showing improvement throughout the season then declare him a bust. Even that is a little early in my mind but whatever.

Anyone expecting anything from the Lions right now from a talent or spending perspective is sorely mistaken. This looks like they are playing a longer game than the "right now" they've done before. I'm willing to follow along for now, but this is a results oriented business and we've seen franchises turn around relatively quickly. You get your chance and not a second longer.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Comfortador posted:

This looks like they are playing a longer game than the "right now" they've done before.

IMO this was communicated quite clearly with the Campbell hire. The team badly needed a culture reboot and a shot at achieving an identity beyond "hapless team that destroys HoF careers".

This doesn't happen in one season. Campbell didn't get a 6 year contract for no reason, he's going to get at least three seasons even if the Lions are completely terrible this year. I think the only way he gets jettisoned early is if the team actively rebels against him or something where it's clear there's a culture failure.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah, both Patricia and Caldwell were supposed to be the guys that took a team that was theoretically supposed to be ready for the playoffs to the next level. This is obviously very different.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Comfortador posted:

Yeah Sewell is getting trashed but seriously he was out for a year and he's playing a different position. Just give him some time. If he's not showing improvement throughout the season then declare him a bust. Even that is a little early in my mind but whatever.

Anyone expecting anything from the Lions right now from a talent or spending perspective is sorely mistaken. This looks like they are playing a longer game than the "right now" they've done before. I'm willing to follow along for now, but this is a results oriented business and we've seen franchises turn around relatively quickly. You get your chance and not a second longer.

I'm not writing off Sewell, but he is struggling at the moment, year off and position change will do that.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Scipiotik posted:

I'm not writing off Sewell, but he is struggling at the moment, year off and position change will do that.

At least he is on the field and not having his back sliced open.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Marquez Valdes-Scantling is now the last receiver standing from the Packers 2018 draft, after EQ was cut today.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

SKULL.GIF posted:

Marquez Valdes-Scantling is now the last receiver standing from the Packers 2018 draft, after EQ was cut today.

He's good and I hope we extend him sooner rather than later.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Hot Diggity! posted:

He's good and I hope we extend him sooner rather than later.

agreed but I'm still going to yell at him every time he drops a catch

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Who by the way is having a breakout camp. He might be more than the deep ball guy with the occasional brutal drop this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Two point conversion SZN!

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1432796887904571394