Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BoldFrankensteinMir

It's about intent, if a vid comes up that raises alarms, and the intent seems reasonable we'll just vote-skip. I think actual abusive behavior that warrants booting somebody would be pretty apparent to everyone.

Aww man what a crappy snipe.

Sig by Heather Papps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plant MONSTER.

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
ratata boom is not horny

Heather Papps

hello friend

Plant MONSTER. posted:

ratata boom is not horny

speak 4 yourself

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

BoldFrankensteinMir

TONIGHT! 4:00 PM PST/ 7:00 PM EST/ Midnight BST, get your bucket hats and water wings and flip flops ready because it's time for SUMMER SHORTS PARTY!

Hop in and join us, at https://cytu.be/r/BYOBmovies! See you shortly!

Sig by Heather Papps

Heather Papps

hello friend

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

See you shortly!

:dadjoke:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

01100011 01101111 01101101 01101101 01100101 01110010 01100011 01101001 01100001 01101100 01110011 00100000 01100001 01110100 00100000 01110011 01101001 01111000

BoldFrankensteinMir

SHORRRRRTS! https://cytu.be/r/BYOBmovies

Sig by Heather Papps

Prof. Crocodile

So I don't know what the theme for September is, but I just found the most amazing film ever on YouTube. It is called '3 Dev Adam' and it is a Turkish crime caper from the 70's, wherein Captain America and El Santo must travel to Turkey to stop international criminal mastermind Spiderman.

Basically it is the film that Avengers Endgame aspired to be.

BoldFrankensteinMir

I was gonna ask tonight at the party what people want to do for September and any category that would contain such a film sounds like a good idea, Prof.

Sig by Heather Papps

Tampa Bae

Please, this is all I have
I wanted to contribute to Shorts night but almost everything I found was offensive in the bad way. I was going to recommend Duck Amuck from Looney Tunes but I couldn't find a YT link.

Ideas for September:
International Talk like a Pirate day is the 19th: Pirate. Jack Sparrow, One Piece, Treasure Island (The UK show) because Elijah Wood and Eddie Izzard rule, space pirate stuff when we've run out of ideas. Maybe Gilligan's Isle

Labor Day is this month for the USA and Canada: Movies and shows about the working class (IT Crowd, Falling Down, Sorry to Bother You, Parasite, Grapes of Wrath?)

Embarrassing Classics we've never watched

The Arachnophobia Extravaganza: Spiders are coming out to mate, let's remind everyone that you're never more than a foot away from 100 spiders. Charlette's Web, Eight Legged Freaks, nature documentaries about spiders, goofy horror movies I saw as a kid about tarantulas that had the invulnerability of superman. Spider-man cartoons and Spider-Man 3 so I can laugh about it again

I only watched some Earnest movies and I'm new but I like watching random stuff with friends

BoldFrankensteinMir

Shorts night was a success! That was just the sort of random AV parade I needed, thanks y'all.

Tampa Bae posted:

I wanted to contribute to Shorts night but almost everything I found was offensive in the bad way. I was going to recommend Duck Amuck from Looney Tunes but I couldn't find a YT link.

Ideas for September:
International Talk like a Pirate day is the 19th: Pirate. Jack Sparrow, One Piece, Treasure Island (The UK show) because Elijah Wood and Eddie Izzard rule, space pirate stuff when we've run out of ideas. Maybe Gilligan's Isle

Labor Day is this month for the USA and Canada: Movies and shows about the working class (IT Crowd, Falling Down, Sorry to Bother You, Parasite, Grapes of Wrath?)

Embarrassing Classics we've never watched

The Arachnophobia Extravaganza: Spiders are coming out to mate, let's remind everyone that you're never more than a foot away from 100 spiders. Charlette's Web, Eight Legged Freaks, nature documentaries about spiders, goofy horror movies I saw as a kid about tarantulas that had the invulnerability of superman. Spider-man cartoons and Spider-Man 3 so I can laugh about it again

I only watched some Earnest movies and I'm new but I like watching random stuff with friends

These are all great ideas! One issue is, we're limited to stuff we can embed from sites like Youtube, but there's surprising stuff on there.

Sig by Heather Papps

Tampa Bae

Can someone be coaxed into figuring out OBS and a site like ok.ru into live streaming that kinda stuff?

Papa Was A Video Toaster

I'm getting my appendix removed

BoldFrankensteinMir

Tampa Bae posted:

Can someone be coaxed into figuring out OBS and a site like ok.ru into live streaming that kinda stuff?

I use OBS, and we've talked about ways to turn that into stream-anything nights, but it's worth mentioning this approach might violate both these forums rules and Discord's terms of use. How much that matters we have yet to sit down and really discuss as a group.

If a mod wants to correct me that it's okay to link to :filez: here essentially, I'm all ears, but I'm somehow doubting it.

TVsVeryOwn posted:

Good luck!

Sig by Heather Papps

Tampa Bae

There's legal plugins to sync things like Netflix and Amazon but that's not worth alienating those that don't have paid subscriptions on a niche thing already

BoldFrankensteinMir

Tampa Bae posted:

There's legal plugins to sync things like Netflix and Amazon but that's not worth alienating those that don't have paid subscriptions on a niche thing already

What we've talked about is using Teleparty, which is the one of those services that tested the best so far, with a service like Netflix or Hulu that enough people already have? Maybe? It's a delicate suggestion.

Sig by Heather Papps

Plant MONSTER.

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

TVsVeryOwn posted:

cripes :(

Heather Papps

hello friend

TVsVeryOwn posted:

it's been holding you back anyways

Tampa Bae

TVsVeryOwn posted:

Don't worry, recovery time is 2-4 weeks which gives you enough time to learn how to stream by October

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

TVsVeryOwn posted:

good luck

:ohdear:

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."

I use OBS, and we've talked about ways to turn that into stream-anything nights, but it's worth mentioning this approach might violate both these forums rules and Discord's terms of use. How much that matters we have yet to sit down and really discuss as a group.

If a mod wants to correct me that it's okay to link to :filez: here essentially, I'm all ears, but I'm somehow doubting it.

Good luck!
I think it would be fun to route obs through cytube, without trying to do anything illegal, for a few use cases. One example: I would enjoy an evening where I share my desktop and explain how I make video games in the godot engine, while taking requests from the audience. I mean, I can do that already through discord, but if I could route that through cytube, then people wouldn't need to make a discord account to participate.

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

BoldFrankensteinMir

blaise rascal posted:

I think it would be fun to route obs through cytube, without trying to do anything illegal, for a few use cases. One example: I would enjoy an evening where I share my desktop and explain how I make video games in the godot engine, while taking requests from the audience. I mean, I can do that already through discord, but if I could route that through cytube, then people wouldn't need to make a discord account to participate.

That's neat but it's pretty far afield from a movie night. Have you considered just starting a Twitch channel, I think that's a more direct path to what you're describing but maybe not.

Sig by Heather Papps

blaise rascal

That's neat but it's pretty far afield from a movie night. Have you considered just starting a Twitch channel, I think that's a more direct path to what you're describing but maybe not.
Yeah twitch could work, and I do have an inactive twitch channel I could revive. The difference in my mind, is that twitch is often just "everyone looks over my shoulder while I do work," while I envision my movie night contribution being more like a "video introduction to my game-making." which is almost more like a ted talk or something?

Anyway, it was just a thought, and I could totally see that people would find such an idea boring or simply inappropriate for movie night.

BoldFrankensteinMir

I do think it's a neat idea just maybe not for this venue- but hey, please say otherwise if you disagree, anybody! My personal priority with movie nights is to watch stories, that's why I can get a little uppity when we watch stuff that's like, super experimental or "trippy" or whatever but there's not much story involved. It's just a pet peeve, I'm personally obsessed with storytelling, that's my bag. If you guys want to watch software tutorials or VFX trailers or whatever, please don't let my curmudgeonly old tastes stop you.

Sig by Heather Papps

blaise rascal

I do think it's a neat idea just maybe not for this venue- but hey, please say otherwise if you disagree, anybody! My personal priority with movie nights is to watch stories, that's why I can get a little uppity when we watch stuff that's like, super experimental or "trippy" or whatever but there's not much story involved. It's just a pet peeve, I'm personally obsessed with storytelling, that's my bag. If you guys want to watch software tutorials or VFX trailers or whatever, please don't let my curmudgeonly old tastes stop you.
I guess to each their own... Personally, I would ADORE an evening where you discussed puppetry, or film making, or whatever.

blaise rascal

I just think people demonstrating their passions is cool

BoldFrankensteinMir

Yeah I think I'm just a crotchety old jerk who hates everything sometimes, so go for it. We still don't have a theme for September, maybe September is Experiment month and we watch some new kinds of stuff.

Sig by Heather Papps

Prof. Crocodile

RIP TVVO’s appendix

BoldFrankensteinMir

I hope they get to keep their introduction and bibliography, at least.

Sig by Heather Papps

Papa Was A Video Toaster

I hope they get to keep their introduction and bibliography, at least.

I still got it!
Also I think I might be able to get a RTMP server up. idk how we get chat if cytube won't ingest it tho.

Heather Papps

hello friend

i like the idea! if we did it during a theme month having an appropriately themed mini game would be really neat.

blaise rascal

maybe the tiebreaker, would just be the fact that an obs setup would require extra technical effort. not sure if it would be worth the trouble for a one-off event.

and honestly, part of me doesn't want to mess with the current formula. HP & BFM have made byob movie night something special, and i trust their judgment.

but perhaps a "gamedev ted talk" could exist separately on discord!

BoldFrankensteinMir

September is just around the corner and that means it's time to pick our next theme! HP and I have something cooked up but we wanted to know what y'all think first.

As I'm sure every AMERICAN here is of course aware, it's about to be Italian Cheese Month, so what if we watched a bunch of cheesy Italian movies? Spaghetti Westerns! Hercules! Dracula! And at least one appearance from everyone's favorite Italian Spiderman: Italian Spiderman!

There is an endless supply of cheap Italian films from the 70's and 80's to watch and maybe we can make our own delicious cheese snacks in the thread too? That's what we got so far, thoughts are welcome!!!

Sig by Heather Papps

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
I remember watching a bunch of Italian barbarian movies in highschool and laughing a lot but I don't know if they've held up and frankly the only one I could remember by name was, it turns out, actually Argentinean.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Plant MONSTER.

Italian is a good theme. I can hear the pleasant mandolin music already.

Plant MONSTER.

I'm gonna soak myself in olive oil

Leraika

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I have heard many things about italian spiderman but have yet to see the glory thereof

BoldFrankensteinMir

How Wonderful! posted:

I remember watching a bunch of Italian barbarian movies in highschool and laughing a lot but I don't know if they've held up and frankly the only one I could remember by name was, it turns out, actually Argentinean.

Oh yeah Italian sword and sandal is a weighty subset. Maciste, whose name usually gets changed to Hercules or Samson or whatever in English releases, is one of the oldest recurring characters in cinema.

Sig by Heather Papps

Heather Papps

hello friend

Leraika posted:

I have heard many things about italian spiderman but have yet to see the glory thereof

:yeshaha::sickos:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
I'll take any excuse to watch Little Rita, the greatest of spaghetti westerns.