Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

smarxist posted:

are there any books about like the farming and dairy industry in America and how its like the weirdest cartel with all sorts of bizarre government kickbacks and legislation?

maybe attached to this, I've been looking for a critical history of the FDA. There was a pretty good chunk about it in Gerald Posner's book "Pharma" but it just led up to antibiotics and I'd like to read more if it's out there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

it’s cuz cheese curds block ur third eye and suppress higher thinking.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
https://twitter.com/take_japper/status/1431960675555885058

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Journalistic ethics demand total secrecy for sources. :smug:

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
What the gently caress, they don't have to use psyops to make me crave cheese, it's like one of the most delicious things on this planet and comes in varieties for all occasions!

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Tubgoat posted:

What the gently caress, they don't have to use psyops to make me crave cheese, it's like one of the most delicious things on this planet and comes in varieties for all occasions!

Casein is one of the most addictive chemicals known to man.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
dairy products are produced via rape and murder. where do you think milk comes from? the cow produces milk for its calf. we murder the calf and take the milk. don't be surprised that the system of capital treats YOU the same way as the system of rape and murder called factory dairy farms treats its chattel. consuming dairy is inhumane and incompatible with being a leftist, aside from niche family farm cases, which for the most part no longer exist in the united states.

that tweet thread is a fascinating glimpse into the mindset of the people whose job it is to make you participate more often in the factory farm dairy system, but make no mistake, in this system you are the consumer, and you validate and endorse the system with participation in it. In the larger system of the united states, you are the cow.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Makes sense.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
mods pls change my username to Cheese Enhancer

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

Sextro posted:

it’s cuz cheese curds block ur third eye and suppress higher thinking.

I think you're thinking about how too much cheese will block your brown eye to the point where everything you see is poo poo.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
https://twitter.com/Shikima_King_/status/1432419009325006855

Poetry by me:
Bullet to my head, bullet to my dome
Take me out of here, kill me with a bullet

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

OutOfPrint posted:

I think you're thinking about how too much cheese will block your brown eye to the point where everything you see is poo poo.

no matter how delicious and awesome string cheese is, it's not a good idea to eat an entire package of them in the space of an hour. not if you want to poo poo during the following 3 to 4 days, anyways

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

you people have weak digestive systems, i will eat your cheese for you

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

World War Mammories posted:

you people have weak digestive systems, i will eat your cheese for you

Next thing you’ll tell us is you can down a single taco from from Taco Bell without having massive smelly craps for days that brings tears to your eyes and makes the dog run away :rolleyes:

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

dog running from poop, a shameful dog

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Tubgoat posted:

sorry that big cheese got to you

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

the Egg Board is real

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

the manipulation of food and diet in the usa is relatively out in the open and explicit in their goals. its a good place to start people down the rabbit hole of "if eggs for breakfast was a marketing operation, then what else might be a lie."

then you get them on "santa didnt always only wear red" and they're hooked.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
thats why i only eat chinese food

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
wtf are you losers talking about, USA not even in top 10 consumers of cheese per capita

nut
Jul 30, 2019

mark immune posted:

wtf are you losers talking about, USA not even in top 10 consumers of cheese per capita

this is business, baby, forget per capita, gimme the tonnage of cheese i can move

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

this.... changes everything

nut
Jul 30, 2019

mark immune posted:

this.... changes everything

lol

give them a break they r trying

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

cheese pizza... coincidence?

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

mark immune posted:

cheese pizza... coincidence?

oh no…

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
script pitch for iannucci or chris morris or someone:

pizzagate is real, but the actual conspiracy is with the dairy industry, to move cheese and keep the subsidies flowing

it's just a coincidence that they're all loving kids too.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Mola Yam posted:

script pitch for iannucci or chris morris or someone:

pizzagate is real, but the actual conspiracy is with the dairy industry, to move cheese and keep the subsidies flowing

it's just a coincidence that they're all loving kids too.

https://projects.propublica.org/nonprofits/organizations/391455990

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Reposting from the succ zone because we piggies love our slop:

https://twitter.com/Marcus4Georgia/status/1432094113134940161

The Pussy Boss posted:

Whenever I hear that the Dems are running an "army veteran" for Congress, I just know that it's not some grunt who did one tour in Iraq or something. It's always a CIA/NatSec/Military Intelligence/Defense contractor/lobbyist, because that's who the party is pushing as their youth movement. So I googled this dude, and.... yup!

https://newrepublic.com/article/162900/marcus-flowers-marjorie-greene-military-contractor

quote:

The congressional candidate has been a cipher by design, speaking in vague terms about his work experiences and personal life. “Not Blackwater” is a favored response when his military contracting is brought up. As for the scope of his duties, the words “logistics” and “procurement” were tossed around in a previous interview with The New Republic. But where has he been over the last 20 years? What did he do? Hard to say, though he did check in in Baghdad on Facebook on December 13, 2003. (Facebook wasn’t introduced until 2004, meaning Flowers applied the check-in retroactively.)

Additional research and reporting has allowed The New Republic to uncover more about Flowers’s past, including the names of his previous employers, and details about his tumultuous marriage to his ex-wife, a Russian national named Svetlana Chudinova whom he met in Afghanistan....

quote:

According to a work history found online and later confirmed by his campaign, Flowers worked for DynCorp, a massive defense contractor that, last year, was purchased by a company called Amentum. He also worked at lesser-known contractors like the Research Triangle Institute and Parsons I&T. (A representative from Amentum refused to comment on whether Flowers ever worked for DynCorp.)

In the 2000s, Flowers ran his own small firm called Total Logistics Services, or Total Logistics, Inc. Registered in New Orleans and Alabama, the business appears to be defunct. It earned tens of thousands in contracts during the George W. Bush years, largely for translation services performed in Romania. Total Logistics Services was also required to pay back thousands of dollars to the Army, for reasons that are unclear in the available online contracting data....

quote:

Only after repeated requests did his campaign offer this statement about his work experience: “I spent several years working in logistics and procurement in combat zones. That included mentoring and training the Iraqi and Afghan National Army in how to safely move and account for equipment, people, and materials. That included at one point meeting with Afghan warlords to negotiate safe passage of critical infrastructure through territories under their control. It was an honor to be a small part of helping these brave Afghani’s and Iraqi’s [sic] stand up their new governments.”
The stuff about how he treated his ex-wife, and manipulated her to get custody of their child, is pretty drat gross. For example:

quote:

On July 5, Flowers told Chudinova to accompany him to Walmart. Chudinova, who was not a U.S. citizen and had struggled to adjust to life in this country, took nothing with her. Instead of Walmart, they arrived at a homeless shelter, where Flowers told her to get out of the car. She refused; Flowers called the police. Eventually, Chudinova left the car and went into the shelter, the City Rescue Mission.
There's more but anyway, gently caress this guy. Hope he gets destroyed by MTG.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Chudinova

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
hey you know why would a contractor for the CIA be doing work in Romania during the Bush administration?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bright_Light_(CIA)

quote:

Bright Light is the codename of one of the Central Intelligence Agency's network of black sites—clandestine interrogation centers.[1][2][3] The location of the site, in Bucharest, Romania, was confirmed in an exclusive report from the Associated Press on December 8, 2011.[4]

Some of the most important captives in the high value detainee program, including Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the mastermind of the September 11 attacks, were held there. Other sites in the CIA's network were in isolated locations.[1][5] The Bucharest site was housed within the campus of the Romanian National Registry Office for Classified Information, explaining the need for high security.

The cells the captive were held in were mounted on springs, to keep the captives off balance.[1] According to ABC News captives were subjected to "enhanced interrogation techniques" in the Bucharest site, but were not subjected to the controversial technique of waterboarding.[4]

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
HUMAN TRAFFICKING IN ROMANIA

"Human trafficking is a highly profitable business and on the rise in Romania. Human trafficking is a complex phenomenon and a few factors might explain why it is so prevalent in Romania including poverty, corruption, social inequality, uneven development, harmful traditional and cultural practices. For example, Romania has a shame-based culture so victims often find it difficult to return home. Additionally, Romania suffers from civil unrest and a lack of political will to end human trafficking in Romania."

:thunk:

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL

smarxist posted:

Chudinova

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Riot Bimbo posted:

Gonna lol if a foil lined helmet literally becomes part of kit for anyone that actually wishes to resist the united states
A tin foil hat will absorb and re-emit microwaves at the edges, concentrating the signal on the frontal, temporal, occipital, and parietal lobes.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
https://youtu.be/4xRv9ZQOCPo

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Doesn’t lactose cause the opposite of not making GBS threads?

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

gradenko_2000 posted:

Reposting from the succ zone because we piggies love our slop:

https://twitter.com/Marcus4Georgia/status/1432094113134940161

the CIA vs QAnon is the future of elections

Dope

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

MLSM posted:

the CIA vs QAnon is the future of elections

Dope

that's just the CIA versus the CIA

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

gradenko_2000 posted:

that's just the CIA versus the CIA

domestic!! gladio!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaUa_0qPPgc

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Perry Mason Jar posted:

anyone remember the conspiracy theory that wheat is actually an opiate that makes you addicted to bread lol

mark immune posted:

however the cheese we euros eat is not the processed food science "cheese" fat slurry that they try to cram down Americans throats

Cached Money has issued a correction as of 10:16 on Aug 31, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Are you talking about all cheese sold in America, or American "cheese"? Because pasteurised process cheese is terrible and lacks all of the addictive joy of actual cheese.

Also, Master Beldin, if you read this thread, PLEASE RETIRE THE COINDEXTER VOICE IMMEDIATELY HOLY poo poo THAT IS AWFUL. You were thinking of the rat people mutants from Borderlands 2, btw.