Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

I rarely fight Largest Zard without Zhongli on my team, but I think it might be possible to slowly beat him using an archer char. Maybe I'll give it a try on my next day off. At least I wouldn't have to worry about that crazy hitbox pushing me out of spear range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
Azhdaha fight should only match two people, so both have an extra character so they can engage with his mechanics and resurrect downed members. I guess in a non cryo week ganyu havers can poke him from a far corner of the arena but we are in a cryo week.

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

I've only ever beaten him (outside the story) by matching with randoms, and every single time it comes down to my character dead and me alt-tabbing to read forums while a Qiqi slowly chips away at meatsack the gacha pusher.

You could premade with someone in goonshin discord or the official one... I can't imagine doing this fight as 4 every week.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

avoraciopoctules posted:

I rarely fight Largest Zard without Zhongli on my team, but I think it might be possible to slowly beat him using an archer char. Maybe I'll give it a try on my next day off. At least I wouldn't have to worry about that crazy hitbox pushing me out of spear range.

he does have range, the cryo weeks in particular would suck because of the ice spears

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I feel like this has to be posted every month

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUMLH0u-HvY&t=141s

Most of the damage that kills people is fake. The stomps he does right before elemental absorption, just run away. The stars of david that's on the floor when his tails only there are easily avoidable. The only thing that can really kill you is being way too aggressive.

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Recently I've been wanting to branch out and try some new team compositions. I've been using Venti (or Zhongli)/Klee/Razor/Qiqi (or Diona) as my main team forever. I know of the Xiangling/Xingqui/Bennet/Chongyun team which I use sometimes as well.

But I wanted to try out a team revolving around Hu Tao, Ganyu, or Ayaka. Can you help me come up with team compositions for them? I have everyone minus Yoimiya and Sayu (most 5 stars are constellation 0), and I'm planning to get Raiden/Baal if that changes anything.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Hu Tao's most popular team (assuming a deep roster) is Hu Tao, Xingqiu, Albedo, Zhong Li. Ganyu's most popular team is Ganyu/Venti/Diona/Mona but I don't really like it, I use Ganyu/Diona/Zhong Li/Albedo. Ayaka the most popular team is Ayaka/Diona/Kazuha/Mona but I prefer Ayaka/Rosaria/Kazuha/Xingqiu or Barbara.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Tae posted:

Most of the damage that kills people is fake. The stomps he does right before elemental absorption, just run away. The stars of david that's on the floor when his tails only there are easily avoidable. The only thing that can really kill you is being way too aggressive.

Yes, but have you considered: if I dodge an attack my DPS will go down and make me do this face :(

Instead I will stubbornly attack his face while he stomps on me and I die, as the archons intended

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
I just did Azhdaha on the lowest level that gives the gold mats so that I could clear it last week. I'm not confident enough to do higher yet XD

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Tae posted:

I feel like this has to be posted every month

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUMLH0u-HvY&t=141s

Yeah, I don't really see what the big deal with Azhdaha is. Most of the damage can be avoided entirely, you can rotate characters to spread the damage you do take around, and you can save bursts to use their invulnerability frames to avoid certain attacks you can't or don't want to dodge. I used to always bring Zhong Li to the fight, but now I don't even bother to switch teams to counter his elemental absorbs.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
His attacks are badly communicated (like when you can damage him and apparently when he damages you), and even if they weren't he still takes 10x longer than the next hardest boss thanks to time wasting phases and animations.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Yeah if I have to compare to other games, Az doesn't really communicate his invincibility phases/attack phases all that well. Path of Exile has notoriously bad boss mechanic communication and Sirus is by far the worst boss, and even Sirus makes his invincibility phase more obvious because his life bar just disappears and he flies up into the air. The invincibility phases in this game are like "the boss keeps taking damage but the life bar doesn't move and their big fuckoff attack starts at some point but it doesn't line up with the actual invincibility phase."

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

also worth noting you have many options for cleansing that dot he puts on you

it's definitely an overlong fight but that is different than being difficult imo, it is something i think gets overblown. interested to see how much of the typical weekly boss bs Signora engages in

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
Early on it was difficult to tell how his attacks worked, but with practice it's not really that hard to learn how to avoid them. The fight takes all of 2-3 minutes once a week to clear once you have it down, it's not really that arduous in my opinion. Of course, if you hate the fight in the first place then yes, it's probably not going to feel very rewarding, but personally I think it's the single most fun fight in the game at the moment. It's certainly more interesting than Stormterror and the Andrius fight. Childe is kind of whatever; it's straight forward and quick, but not terribly interesting anymore.

AG3 fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Aug 31, 2021

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

To me, Azhdaha doesn't have any of the components of a fun boss fight. None of his attacks are fun to dodge because they're all circles on the ground, he's not fun to hit because he just sits there and you clip through him, it's impossible to deal posture damage to him or make him flinch, even when you're beating him you have to run away for five full seconds then wait another 15 before running all the way up to him again, he goes offscreen for long periods of time which has no interaction at all with anyone's kit, and his debuff is absolutely ridiculous in co-op. It's also my least favorite soundtrack of the game (with the other three bosses having three of my favorites). I think very highly of most of the combat in this game - the first thing I always do every week is Azhdaha to get him out of the way.

That being said the other bosses are a bit too easy at AR57.

EDIT: if they wanted to make his circle phase more exciting they could have done the nier automata overhead camera.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Aug 31, 2021

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gandlethorpe posted:

His attacks are badly communicated (like when you can damage him and apparently when he damages you), and even if they weren't he still takes 10x longer than the next hardest boss thanks to time wasting phases and animations.

But consider this:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Trying to perfect the rotation to do Stormterror as fast as possible is more engaging than Azhdaha

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gandlethorpe posted:

Trying to perfect the rotation to do Stormterror as fast as possible is more engaging than Azhdaha

Sadly getting Ganyu C1 makes me basically one-cycle Dvalin every time and I am not interested in those one-shot bursts over that :(

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Don't worry, you can trivially one shot him with C0 Ganyu too. :v:

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I love the azdaha fight. It’s a very chill relaxing okay let’s avoid everything fight.

The only fight I dislike is hiking to the wolf domain. Also primo geovishap has too much hp.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Also I think Mirror Maidens lean too much towards having a bunch of hp and not enough have abilities that actually do things.

Like the cicin mages have their I’m not loving around spells and such and agents can get crazy but I don’t get what mirror maidens are supposed to be threatening me with.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

they make a stupid little cage that 80% of the roster can't get out of

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Why is albedo a good buddy with Ganyu and zhongli?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

If you have a character that doesn't use supports well (like Xiao or Hu Tao) Albedo and Zhong Li are generally good teammates for them. This is due to their low active time and how strong geo resonance is.

I find using supports with Ganyu awkward unless it's a big venti room, as I have to spend all my time charging shots. (I also despise melt ganyu.) Most people just use the freeze build all the time though.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Why is albedo a good buddy with Ganyu and zhongli?

I main an Albedo/Zhongli duo, might be able to answer that. Flower resonates with pillars, provides an extra source of pulses. The pulses can activate the flower explosion. Together, they generate a ton of energy, so I can use my super moves as fast as they come off cooldown. Finally, geo resonance means the Zhongli shield gives you even more damage.

As for Ganyu, she just has excellent ranged damage. But I figure the shields will let you attack point blank, no dodging needed.
EDIT: I play on a Zhongli/Noelle/Diluc/Ganyu friend's account sometimes. There the principle is the same, just point blank shots with your boom arrows. Shield means you can take your time aiming for weak spots and disregard gimmicky damage fields from the stage. Geo resonance for extra damage buffs on your arrows while shielded.

avoraciopoctules fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Aug 31, 2021

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

dogsicle posted:

they make a stupid little cage that 80% of the roster can't get out of

besides fischl and xaio, who else can get you out of the cage?

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

hutao charged attack, and i would hope keqing can get out somehow

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Rosaria's skill, Kazuha's skill, presumably Venti's hold skill

would be curious if Mona/Ganyu skills let them backdash out as well

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

avoraciopoctules posted:

I main an Albedo/Zhongli duo, might be able to answer that. Flower resonates with pillars, provides an extra source of pulses. The pulses can activate the flower explosion. Together, they generate a ton of energy, so I can use my super moves as fast as they come off cooldown. Finally, geo resonance means the Zhongli shield gives you even more damage.

As for Ganyu, she just has excellent ranged damage. But I figure the shields will let you attack point blank, no dodging needed.
EDIT: I play on a Zhongli/Noelle/Diluc/Ganyu friend's account sometimes. There the principle is the same, just point blank shots with your boom arrows. Shield means you can take your time aiming for weak spots and disregard gimmicky damage fields from the stage. Geo resonance for extra damage buffs on your arrows while shielded.

yeah, essentially Albedo/Zhongli is for when you have 2 very synergistic characters that don't particularly need a whole lot extra to function. For instance, Hu Tao/Diluc and Xingqiu. Xingqiu properly built will refund his burst, and Hu Tao doesn't really rely on her burst so much as she does her charge attack spam, nor is it super expensive. Diluc does want his burst, but its a 40 cost, so very easy to recharge off particles. With these pairs, they can more or less exist in their own vacuum, so adding Zhongli to shield them makes sense, and then adding Albedo completes the Geo Resonance, adds more passive damage, and a bunch of energy for the pair, plus particles for Zhongli and Albedo to use their bursts if desired (Albedo's increases EM, which is desirable for vaping!).

That said, they can be replaced with Anemo supports like Sucrose and Kazuha for grouping and VV shred and buffs, but then you'd need to run a healer as you won't have Zhongli's giant shield. In Hu Tao's case in particular, she wants to keep her HP low, so using a big shield instead of a healer is quite optimal for her.

Ganyu/Xiangling for melt Ganyu can also work, since Ganyu's gotta be up close and charge attacking to keep up the damage, and getting hit will interrupt her charge, unless she's got Zhongli's shield up to stop that.

Hazdoc fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Aug 31, 2021

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Sayu can roll out.

Edit: And Ayaka's last attack in her normal attack string gets her out.

Ardlen fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Aug 31, 2021

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Radical posted:

hutao charged attack, and i would hope keqing can get out somehow

you can dash, you don't have to charge

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
the new hotness in melt ganyu teams is setting up the melt with a pyro-infused kazuha storm instead, which has the really significant advantage of not having to be like three feet from a angry mitachurl with an axe while charging her shots

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

No Wave posted:

Hu Tao's most popular team (assuming a deep roster) is Hu Tao, Xingqiu, Albedo, Zhong Li. Ganyu's most popular team is Ganyu/Venti/Diona/Mona but I don't really like it, I use Ganyu/Diona/Zhong Li/Albedo. Ayaka the most popular team is Ayaka/Diona/Kazuha/Mona but I prefer Ayaka/Rosaria/Kazuha/Xingqiu or Barbara.

Thank you.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I don't bother trying to use melt with Ganyu because she already hits for 30k lmao.

My team 90% of the time is Beidou or Rosaria with Sayu, Kazuha, and Ganyu because I like to go fast. Sayu replaced my C2 Jean for the roll.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
kaeya (or c2+ rosaria) and diona is the other really strong support crew for hu tao, if you don't have one of the geo 5*s or would prefer to have zhongli on your other abyss team. hu tao is a spear user, so she can melt instead of vaping her attacks and incidentally benefit from the extra crit from cryo resonance.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Hopefully my XQ can carry and I don't need to make a new team for this fight.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Ah, that's too bad. I was hoping both phases would be immune to pyro and cryo.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
So how good is the Amenoma Kageuchi sword in practice? What about on Ayaka with her 10s e. skill cooldown?

Right now I'm using the black sword on Ayaka. She has
2300 ATK / 50% crit / 144% crit dmg / no energy recharge

This guy was telling me you can generate Amenoma succession seeds by casting her skill out of battle. That's good to know but I would loathe doing that constantly (also can't help on the abyss.) If I'm casting Ayaka's skill on CD it would take me 30s to get 3 seeds up in battle, so that's not happening. Even with no ER I'm going to fully charge Ayaka's burst up after 3 casts plus energy she gains when off-field. So at best I'm getting 1-2 seeds up between more frequent bursts, right? I have 3 billets, if I invest them ALL I'm getting 9-18 energy restored after each burst. That sounds not worth it.

Now I could put Amenoma on Bennett who could easily rack those seeds up and make use of the weapon. Ayaka would get his Favonious Sword and everyone's happy. Except I would be using a katana... on Bennett :barf:

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Zhong Li is a good support for ganyu for the same reason he's a good support for anyone: you can just sit there and attack without having to dodge. This does tend to feel more significant with Ganyu, though, where not having to dodge means not having to interrupt your charge shot.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

gandlethorpe posted:

Hopefully my XQ can carry and I don't need to make a new team for this fight.
"Haha" well I guess since my only carries are Diluc and Ayaka I guess I'm not doing this fight unless I pull well on the banner of...2 electro supports.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Eh, it might be that it's only one type of RES per phase, which would let you trade off carries. That's how Childe's first 2 phases are.