Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

mastershakeman posted:

Why is every pharmacy being such assholes about Making Sure You Qualify for the booster

It bummed me out, my wife lost her enthusiasm for a booster when the pharmacist said she wasn't immunocompromised enough, and you know that dose is going in the trash eventually (we are in Texas)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

mastershakeman posted:

Why is every pharmacy being such assholes about Making Sure You Qualify for the booster

Costco; no insurance; 1st shot

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Do we have any idea the total vaccinated or past covid cases? Wondering what the total "some immunity" number is.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

mastershakeman posted:

many pharmacists are the most anal people you will ever meet cause it’s kinda their job

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Walgreens said they're out of covid shots for today and I should come in tomorrow before 6 pm, you know, right after people are finishing their day jobs and rushing around in traffic

I'm going insane this poo poo is so stupid. Way to have 8 slots available for doses you assholes

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Aug 31, 2021

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

Lmao at McDonald's doing more than biden.

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

mastershakeman posted:

because you need to Trust the Science and the Science says 8 months before boosters

the Science is clear and it says so right here on this DNC press release underneath the crossed out "kids can't get covid" line

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Ebola Roulette posted:

Lmao at McDonald's doing more than biden.

The only way a meaningful federal response to COVID-19 will come at this point is if capital starts demanding Biden do something.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Mr. Pizza posted:

Costco; no insurance; 1st shot

Yeah I was ready this time with a name of an arthritis medicine but I'm about to just either say I have aids or gently caress you it's my first dose and you can't demand identification

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Open Ronald 🤡

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Biden will let millions of people die before he lets companies fail

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
it's starting

https://twitter.com/dakotacdsmith/status/1432492142501380102

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

smoobles posted:

It bummed me out, my wife lost her enthusiasm for a booster when the pharmacist said she wasn't immunocompromised enough, and you know that dose is going in the trash eventually (we are in Texas)

If I wasmt angry at the system and wanted to gently caress them over I'd be giving up on it now. Way to create vaccine hesitancy you assholes

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

mastershakeman posted:

If I wasmt angry at the system and wanted to gently caress them over I'd be giving up on it now. Way to create vaccine hesitancy you assholes

Not wanting the vax: anti-vax
Wanting a specific vax: anti-vax
Wanting more vax: anti-vax

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
They say those numbers don't include a lot of Louisiana figures because... You know, half the state is in disorder.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Business Gorillas posted:

things i look for in someone that will fight for me, my children, and all future generations of my lineage:

- dancing kermits
- going on unemployment
- crying

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

love me some 5head

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Topo Chico Debarge posted:

I've yet to see a respirator in the wild. I'm missing out. Are you where the fires are, by chance? Maybe a lot of the respirators got snatched up to do double duty.

one of the only half face masks I've seen in the wild is on a dad of my kid's friend. both parents are in their 50s. kid was a surprise, and the dad is pretty disconnected and quiet. would have taken him as more likely to never wear a mask tbh

but then I remembered he's a wood worker and what actually happened is he said, why would I buy a cloth mask when I already have this mask that's better and more comfortable? and he just does not give a gently caress

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Steve Yun posted:

Not sure where this is being posted, might be some non-public network for HCW, but it’s getting down to spring 2020 ventilator shortages again

multi-track venting!!!

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

It just occurred to me that pharmacists are probably watching out for people going in with no ID so that they can get vaccinated on behalf of a chud with a vax-mandatory job. I wonder what the chuds will pay you for getting them an official vax card.

RadDickOwl
Aug 18, 2013

Chamale posted:

It just occurred to me that pharmacists are probably watching out for people going in with no ID so that they can get vaccinated on behalf of a chud with a vax-mandatory job. I wonder what the chuds will pay you for getting them an official vax card.

I was thinking about this today too. I can't do the "no ID" thing here in Quebec, so I was thinking of ways someone could get a booster and I came up with "ask the shitload of anti-vaxxers in my area if anybody knows one who sorta looks like you, whose ID you could use"
I am probably not the first or last to think of that

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
My fiancée's aunt who lives with us, is going to Vegas in 3 weeks

Was a good run goons

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

jisforjosh posted:

Was a good run goons

change the locks my dude

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Koirhor posted:

love me some 5head

that looks like it might be traction alopecia. given she's a nurse she probably used to have her hair pulled back all the time, and yeah that's what happens when you do that for years

call_of_qthulhu
Nov 21, 2003

Fun Shoe

smoobles posted:

see if there is a county health district around you doing a vaccine drive, the county my office is in has given me all 3 shots no questions asked - including last week when i showed up for my booster. i live in a neighboring county that is much larger.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

looks like pennywise

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Aug 31, 2021

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Chamale posted:

Lol that would absolutely explain why I got grilled about my name not being on the card (,it's only both sides) and my wife got the booster the second she said she wanted it

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Speaking of the elastomeric elite.

My 3M 7500 came a few days ago and I've been rocking it when I need to venture out since. Definitely more comfortable and seems a better seal than my Honeywell models. Also despite not having a speaking diaphragm, I seem to be able to speak more clearly while wearing it than in the Honeywell models that don't have a diaphragm, and about the same as the one that does.

One question I've had for the other elastomeric elite though; how should one handle trips to the doctor for poo poo like COVID tests or routine stuff? Since like, yeah, you kind of have to take the mask off to get tested or often examined. But obviously the waiting room is pretty dangerous so I always want to be masked up in there. So far my operating procedure has been to wear it in the waiting room and when I get into the exam room, as prompted, to quickly take off the respirator and shove it in my airtight plastic bag I have with me, and swap to wearing a KN95 until I am able to get outside at which point I respo back up. Just wondering if that's SOP or if there's a better way.

I went for a colonoscopy the other day. They said I needed to take my respirator off for the anesthesia. I kept my respirator and did it without anesthesia.

I mean half the fun of a colonoscopy is looking at the screen.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

fosborb posted:

one of the only half face masks I've seen in the wild is on a dad of my kid's friend. both parents are in their 50s. kid was a surprise, and the dad is pretty disconnected and quiet. would have taken him as more likely to never wear a mask tbh

but then I remembered he's a wood worker and what actually happened is he said, why would I buy a cloth mask when I already have this mask that's better and more comfortable? and he just does not give a gently caress

I actually had some gas masks laying around that I bought years ago. I bought them so long ago, I don't know who made them and don't have spare filters. I got them from Amazon, so they would probably give me asbestosis. A full on gas mask seems a bit extra tho.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Chamale posted:

If it's for a job, you could probably squeeze them for a nice bit of change.

Iverron
May 13, 2012

lotta bargaining going on in the replies

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

jisforjosh posted:

Was a good run goons

hey man, scared money don't make money. tell her to buy the 8 and the 6, and to press it.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Topo Chico Debarge posted:

A full on gas mask seems a bit extra tho.

dress for the future you want, not the present you have :eng101:

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
[Covid-19] I kept my respirator and did it without anesthesia

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Today

Yesterday

Since Jul 26
https://imgur.com/a/j5Ag7mG

covidactnow.org

Notables: WV++ NE--

there has to be a time lapse dissolve of all of these playing photo hunt every day is a headache and I’m entitled and on my phone.

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

Lovelyn posted:

this is hilarious because it isn't HR's doing, it's nursing leadership...like people with active RN licenses

That is just, wow. Dire.

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

Lovelyn posted:

this is hilarious because it isn't HR's doing, it's nursing leadership...like people with active RN licenses

sooo... case study on when one insufficiently crack pings with terminal lib brain?

could be worse, they could be organizing a tiktok dance ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

49 new cases in NZ today, two days of reducing numbers in a row now. Apparently 2/3rds of those cases were infections within households of existing infections and ~73% didn't result in any new locations of interest (i.e. they hadn't left the house while infectious). Looking good.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Chamale posted:

I wonder if this would work for getting a booster without ID:

- obtain fake blank vax card
- fill in fake first dose info
- show up for your “second dose,” give them just the vax card and don’t show ID

They didn’t want to see ID for my second dose at all, just the vax card :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Throatwarbler posted:

I went for a colonoscopy the other day. They said I needed to take my respirator off for the anesthesia. I kept my respirator and did it without anesthesia.

I mean half the fun of a colonoscopy is looking at the screen.

Yes, but, I mean, it's hard for the doctor to do an oral examination or a nasal swab while I'm wearing a respirator.