Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Justin Tyme posted:

seems like a fun job

most of them are former ANA members who are now eager to demonstrate that they were always loyal to taliban, and that actually they were only pretending to be loyal to Kabul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
ooooh Biden Admin Big Mad at Brits https://twitter.com/dwdavison/status/1432438152732495876?s=19

drat

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

PawParole posted:

most of them are former ANA members who are now eager to demonstrate that they were always loyal to taliban, and that actually they were only pretending to be loyal to Kabul.

This is also why the ANA didn't really resist. Why would you shoot at guys who are for sure going to win? Because if anyone knows what a paper tiger the occupation government is, it's the ANA.

Even the US government was like "we expected they would least a year or two". Wow, I can't believe they ran with a vote of confidence like that. Please ruin your lives horribly some more so I don't have to feel as bad in my NoVa Mcmansion and without so many people being mean to me on Twitter.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

skooma512 posted:

This is also why the ANA didn't really resist. Why would you shoot at guys who are for sure going to win? Because if anyone knows what a paper tiger the occupation government is, it's the ANA.

Even the US government was like "we expected they would least a year or two". Wow, I can't believe they ran with a vote of confidence like that. Please ruin your lives horribly some more so I don't have to feel as bad in my NoVa Mcmansion and without so many people being mean to me on Twitter.

"We need you to be a political crumple zone for us by dying honorably in a new pointless civil war" is up there with the all time best reasons to enter into a suicidal unwinnable war

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

the Taliban should throw a big party to celebrate. dudes only though

drowningidiot
Sep 27, 2014

lmfao

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Jesus loving christ do I hate the loving British their lovely island can’t sink fast enough

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

We should invade Britain

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Al-Saqr posted:

Jesus loving christ do I hate the loving British their lovely island can’t sink fast enough

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Populon posted:

We should invade Britain

invading Britain would actually improve the world because it would teach the English to shut the gently caress up and know their place, those loving chinless broken toothed freaks are the biggest enemies of democracy in the world

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Populon posted:

We should invade Britain

According to the select British journals found near cashiers at supermarkets Britain is soon going to be a mostly brown, Muslim country. It's only a matter of time before the US invasion.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
:rip: War on Terror 2001 - 2021 :911:

https://twitter.com/kenny_widowson/status/1432405757228691460

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

why is britain so mad about this

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Zokari posted:

they’re not mad they’re cross, livid, they’re fuming, we’ve spilled their pint

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Zokari posted:

Similar to Suez Canal loss of face, shows they are just a client state following the US lead.

Don't also have enough Troops or money pit to go off on their own military / "Nation building" adventures.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 17 days!)

The British don't just want to pretend they're still an empire, they want to pretend that the empire was the greatest force of good in the world. They're all sick fucks, OP.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Zokari posted:

because their ruling class is all pedophiles so they naturally feel sympathy for the former afghan government

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

deterioration of us-uk relations is fascinating and also hilarious

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

i say swears online posted:

This after spurning the eu lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

probably mad how they got cucked my American soldiers in WWII since US soldiers had much higher wages than their British counterparts.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

not to Great Man Theory all this but biden's reveling in his irish identity could have historically profound implications, which, lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

not to Great Man Theory all this but biden's reveling in his irish identity could have historically profound implications, which, lol

As the UK continues the tradition of seeing its colonialism defeated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCnGD6xv5ik

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

even more lol when you consider the great plan post Brexit was to do trade deals with the US

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
the loving english lol lmao

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

biden's gonna reverse-ulster the NHS lmao

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lph-lgFLY4

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 17 days!)

I got a deal for ya, Jack. 32 counties.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/shoe0nhead/status/1432366795743277073?s=19

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

have a feeling he would legitimately consider that a victory worth pursuing if the opportunity arose. he should have been president when he's 95 to increase the senility power and be president during a referendum

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

i might like Biden if the reason he became President was to arm provos

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1432476824341262337

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zokari posted:

Because as long as the US was doing the heavy lifting they got to pretend they were still a military power doing the whole invasion thing of yesteryear. And now they have to run for their lives.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

matty g with the fuckin' takes this week. good for him, he can be turned

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1432480961602674689

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

The Oldest Man posted:

new mic grift idea: invade a country and then leave behind a billion dollars of our own military hardware in a panicked retreat from local insurgents, wait approximately 8 months, and then start selling supply and maintenance contracts to the newly installed government to service the tanks and planes they inherited from our failed puppet state

A billion dollars is like 4000 Humvees.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
dump this in the face of every rear end in a top hat wanting eternal occupation

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/30/world/asia/afghanistan-drone-attack-ISIS.html

“How was he ISIS? Look at this,” said Najib, a cousin of Mr. Ahmadi who would give only his first name for fear of retribution, angrily dismissing the U.S. military’s account of the attack. “They lied about us in the media.”

Neither Mr. Ahmadi nor any of his family members were connected to ISIS or any other terrorist group, they said, adding that many in the family had worked for the Afghan security forces.

The president of the charity group, Steven Kwon, said that Mr. Ahmadi was a compassionate man and “well respected by his colleagues,” adding: “Just yesterday, he prepared and delivered soy-based meals to hungry women and children at local refugee camps in Kabul.”

Family members provided documents showing his long employment with Nutrition and Education International, and the application of his nephew, Mr. Naser, for a Special Immigrant Visa, based on his service as a guard at the U.S. military’s Camp Lawton, in Herat.

“The grave danger that he and his family faced was directly linked to his commitment to American and NATO forces,” Timothy Williams, Mr. Naser’s American supervisor, wrote on Aug. 14 in support of the application. “To the best of my knowledge, Ahmad Naser does not pose any type of threat to the safety or security of the United States and its citizens.”

Family members also said there was no evidence of more powerful explosions within the small courtyard. Although the doors and windows of the house had been blown out, they said, it remained structurally intact. The mud and brick wall next to Mr. Ahmadi’s vehicle was still standing.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

One Billion Irishmen

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

cenotaph posted:

One Billion Irishmen

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012