Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Agrikk posted:

Last time I went to one, my gf ghosted me.

Probably for the best, she sounds like a wight supremacist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Preechr posted:

:vince:

DrTempest
Dec 11, 2011

It's not cute. It's all very serious.
Evocation parties are simple affairs, but they're always a blast.

...I'll see myself out.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Yawgmoth posted:

Abjuration school parties are so boring because everyone is shielded from getting drunk.

Wrong, no-one parties like abjurers because they can cast 'Banish Hangover'

JustJeff88 fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jul 21, 2021

Preechr
May 19, 2009

JustJeff88 posted:

Wrong, no-one parties like abjurers because they can cast 'Banish Hangover'

Note that the spell “It’s coming home” belongs to the Illusion school.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Preechr posted:

Note that the spell “It’s coming home” belongs to the Illusion school.

It'll be conjuration one day!

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

Ah, the founder of the School of Delusion is here!

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
^^^ :argh: ^^^

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

School of delusion.
:kellysay:

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

Preechr posted:

She was drunk and played me for a ghoul.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
This is why no one invites anyone from the Divination College - they already know how it's gonna turn out.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Double Cross/Biblefight:

Leraika posted:

Also the space mage dug too greedily and too deep and went mad with power, a condition that we are going to address next arc probably by pulling the good ol' snap out of it shonen fight.

So, we got this party started. The team returned from Barcelona, and there was a quick post-mission scene in the office. Alex was pretty out of it initially, but seemed to improve when their angelic booty call invited them to come watch him perform at an open mic night. With a little chatter about what to wear to such an occasion, everyone went home for the night.

Nuala's home is a cute little cottage in an extradimensional space, so she was quite surprised to hear someone knock on her door later that evening. It was Alex, jittery and rambling about the possibilities of investigating the deeper truths about the universe they'd glimpsed as they dug too deeply. Nuala did her best to be helpful, and offered to put the kettle on...only to receive a bit of a jump scare, courtesy of Alex's ability to stop time for themself:

quote:

Alex’s eyes are bloodshot, their hair disheveled, clothes wrinkled and musty. Their voice rasps with dehydration when they speak again. The transformation happens in an instant; in the space of a moment for Nuala, Alex has spent two days.

"Priorities were misplaced before. I know what to do now."
"No need to interfere. My actions will not be significantly more injurious or illegal than usual. [Robin] Weaver's participation will be uncoerced."

And after those incredibly reassuring words, Alex was officially an NPC. They wished Nuala well, and vanished without even touching the tea. (Which, considering they're British, may have been the most ominous part.)

Shortly after, Robin called Nuala and Isabella, confirming that Alex had showed up at her doorstep, going on about how magic was the missing key to a unified field theory. Alex bamfed away, but sounded like they'd return, so now the team is heading to Robin's neck of the woods. Along with their new, dubiously ethical friend, Luce the cyborg bounty hunter, who heard about the whole thing by using her implants to snoop on the conversation.

Next time: Metroidvania.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

There's also now a teapot in orbit somewhere because Alex was thinking about it, which is going to confuse the hell out of someone centuries later according to Stellaris.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Also - and this is the most important part - the kettle was an animated porcelain cat, that meows to let you know when the tea's ready. Nuala is the best.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
According to my DM, Jesus did not build my artificer's hot rod.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

CobiWann posted:

There are multiple Jesi who may well have, your DM should slow their roll

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

CobiWann posted:

I mean that's true, it was a love affair between your artificer and Jesus.

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.
Yeah gently caress it

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth
It's pronounced Hay-zoos!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
According to my DM, spells with a range of "Touch" technically also have a range of "Lick."

According to my DM, I am no longer allowed to cast Touch spells.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

CobiWann posted:

According to my DM, spells with a range of "Touch" technically also have a range of "Lick."

According to my DM, I am no longer allowed to cast Touch spells.
Well yeah, that'd make any frog people characters busted.

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

In this example, are the frog-people the lickers or the lickees?

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

First one, then the other.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
Just when you thought it was safe to play a Paladin again, Lay on Tongue becomes a real thing you can do

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

CobiWann posted:

Your DM is a real butthole.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

CobiWann posted:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

My players got the secret bonus ending to the ascended resurrected libertarian nerd/depression dragon team fight entirely because they shot the main boss first and realized she regenerated fast and so tried to damage race her regeneration so their first round's fire wouldn't be wasted instead of focusing on any other targets.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
In tonight's session, my awakened wolpertinger anima mage finally got to use the Intimidate skill I have maxed out because I can to threaten a group of drow.

Them being shaken by his threat meant that they failed their saves against his other spells, wherein I cover them in caustic goo and then lit it on fire, making them nauseated and dazed. This gave us enough actions through the rest of the party to absolutely slaughter them. We transport this giant silver statue of Lolth out of the demonweb to Sigil, where my Bluff (also almost maxed out) is high enough that none of the drow can possibly roll high enough to catch that I am lying when I say "we're taking it to be repaired!" Which isn't a lie, technically! We are putting the eyes (that we stole) back in it. We're just doing it to sell the thing for full value. I'm going to be the one repairing it, because Craft is an Int skill and I happen to have a vestige bound that gives a further +4 to craft checks!

I am a squirrel of many talents.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
So our Rogue PC in our Tanicus game pissed off the God of Luck this weekend, who dropped perhaps the most unique curse on her.

From now on, instead of rolling d20, they have to roll d6+7 (for a range of 8-13) for attacks and skill checks, and take the mean damage on any hits she makes.

She's become horribly, horribly average.

Needless to say, our party is going on a side quest to fix this ASAP.

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

One of my players rolls so poorly, he'd jump at that curse, lol.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Our Werewolf: The Apocalypse chronicle came to an end (or at least a stopping point for a bit) last night. We’ve all been playing cubs on our Rite of Passage in South London, and several months of investigation, sneaking around and gathering plot threads had led us to a comedy club in Greenwich that was being used as a front by the local Black Spiral Dancers.

Our proto pack (a Get Of Fenris ahroun killbot, my spirit-loving flower-child Child of Gaia theurge, a Bone Gnawer galliard grunge-musician, traditional tech geek Glass Walker ragabash and a lupus Black Fury Philodox) snuck in the back, murdered the hell out of the club manager in the back office then kept watch as the club emptied out and our main target (an alt-right comedian with spiral links) turned out to be brokering a meeting between a local Pentex exec and her fomor bodyguard and the Lieutenant of the local BSD pack.

This was all tense as hell- the build up of months of roleplay, and we were very aware that as cub characters we were super squishy compared to adult garou. So we were pleasantly surprised by how the fight went down. Our ahroun kicked in one door in crinos form, hitting it so hard that the gm had it fly into the room, hit the Pentex exec and immediately knock her out cold. Meanwhile the galliard kicked in a door at the other end, letting the ragabash shoot the BSD with a Pentex tranquilliser gun we’d managed to capture earlier in the game. Galliard then stepped up and with a ludicrously good roll dropped the BSD with a single strike (like, 13 successes on her damage roll- ain’t nobody soaking that). Meanwhile my sweet little Child of Gaia lobbed the spiritually awakened and enhanced molotovs that we’d spent the precious session making in the Umbra, and managed to take out the unconscious exec, the fomor and the comedian in one go with splash damage and a load of failed soak rolls. We then torched the place using the spare molotovs and cheesed it to complete our rite of passage.

The pcs are now packing up as ‘The Whole Of The Moon’ given the presence of every auspice, and when we pick it up again we’ll be off into the Umbra totem-questing.

And this morning the GM got an invite to the real comedy club that we burned down in game, quite coincidentally.

Camrath fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Aug 20, 2021

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Captain Walker posted:

Just when you thought it was safe to play a Paladin again, Lay on Tongue becomes a real thing you can do

How soon we forget our history

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

CobiWann posted:

So our Rogue PC in our Tanicus game pissed off the God of Luck this weekend, who dropped perhaps the most unique curse on her.

From now on, instead of rolling d20, they have to roll d6+7 (for a range of 8-13) for attacks and skill checks, and take the mean damage on any hits she makes.

She's become horribly, horribly average.

Needless to say, our party is going on a side quest to fix this ASAP.

I love this and wish that Dungeon of the Mad Mage game didn't dissolve. We had two luck goddess devotees in our party and this would have been hilarious to pitch to the GM at some point.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Camrath posted:

Our Werewolf: The Apocalypse chronicle came to an end (or at least a stopping point for a bit) last night. We’ve all been playing cubs on our Rite of Passage in South London, and several months of investigation, sneaking around and gathering plot threads had led us to a comedy club in Greenwich that was being used as a front by the local Black Spiral Dancers.

Our proto pack (a Get Of Fenris ahroun killbot, my spirit-loving flower-child Child of Gaia theurge, a Bone Gnawer galliard grunge-musician, traditional tech geek Glass Walker ragabash and a lupus Black Fury Philodox) snuck in the back, murdered the hell out of the club manager in the back office then kept watch as the club emptied out and our main target (an alt-right comedian with spiral links) turned out to be brokering a meeting between a local Pentex exec and her fomor bodyguard and the Lieutenant of the local BSD pack.

This was all tense as hell- the build up of months of roleplay, and we were very aware that as cub characters we were super squishy compared to adult garou. So we were pleasantly surprised by how the fight went down. Our ahroun kicked in one door in crinos form, hitting it so hard that the gm had it fly into the room, hit the Pentex exec and immediately knock her out cold. Meanwhile the galliard kicked in a door at the other end, letting the ragabash shoot the BSD with a Pentex tranquilliser gun we’d managed to capture earlier in the game. Galliard then stepped up and with a ludicrously good roll dropped the BSD with a single strike (like, 13 successes on her damage roll- ain’t nobody soaking that). Meanwhile my sweet little Child of Gaia lobbed the spiritually awakened and enhanced molotovs that we’d spent the precious session making in the Umbra, and managed to take out the unconscious exec, the fomor and the comedian in one go with splash damage and a load of failed soak rolls. We then torched the place using the spare molotovs and cheesed it to complete our rite of passage.

The pcs are now packing up as ‘The Whole Of The Moon’ given the presence of every auspice, and when we pick it up again we’ll be off into the Umbra totem-questing.

And this morning the GM got an invite to the real comedy club that we burned down in game, quite coincidentally.

MelvinBison posted:

I love this and wish that Dungeon of the Mad Mage game didn't dissolve. We had two luck goddess devotees in our party and this would have been hilarious to pitch to the GM at some point.

Oh man, Catpiss Thread. You have my number this week. First of all, that Werewolf story is rad. I like the idea in general, and especially in Werewolf, to start at the equivalent of "level 0" and working your way up from there. It's good timing to have read that, since we have a Mage 20 game start next week. I haven't played Mage in years, but it's one of my favorites. Reading even tangentially-related WoD stuff has me all fired up.

As for Dungeon of the Mad Mage, my group's game of that just went on break for six months while one guy is deployed. We paused at the end of level 5, Wyllow's Wood, which is ruled by the titular archdruid. We managed to avoid getting tricked into attacking her, and did a minor quest for her. But she's very prickly and we brazenly disobeyed her orders as to where to go next. That made her annoyed, but not violent. We only had one place on the level left to explore, and we had just enough time IRL to do it before the game's hiatus. This last area supposedly held a green dragon, so we got rested up and all fired up to march off (again, against the druid's advice) and kill the thing for hot loot.

My bard just picked up Legend Lore and the resources to use it, so I suggest blowing a casting on the dragon, to see if it had a Smaug-like vulnerability or maybe a secret weapon. The spell reveals that the dragon has a sentient magic weapon lodged in its brain, which has subsumed the dragon's personality and replaced it. So the green dragon is a good-aligned being basically designed by elves.

Oops!

So having rested up and even devised an elaborate feint through Wyllow's Wood in order to get to the dragon's lair under the druid's nose, we suddenly can't in good (or neutral) conscience march in there and murder the dragon like it's evil. But we're also troublemaking murder hobos adventurers, so we decide we want to at least talk to the dragon. Thing is, we are still suspicious of Wyllow, and we have good evidence that she is losing her mind and will be increasingly a danger to harmless travelers.

So we take that info to the dragon. After a tense discussion, and sparkling Persuasion checks from the paladin and the bard, we flip the dragon from being a loyal "subject" of the druid's domain to being on watch for her madness. Our warlock hooks him up with a magical means to send us a message, which he will do when it is... go time for a run at Wyllow. (Through dialogue, the dragon then serves as the DM's mouthpiece to tell us that we're not a high enough level to deal with her yet).

So after the clutch-est single non-combat spell I've ever laid down in a D&D game, we have a dragon ally and a plan to team up with it to take down an insane, immortal archdruid. :hellyeah:

Thinking about how things probably would have gone had we snuck into the dragon's lair without that information is... disturbing. Knowing that this was going to be the last session for a while, we were spoiling for a boss battle and fully planned on kicking in the door and attacking on sight. :chloe:

So now we're shelving that for six months and it's on to Mage 20. I'll be playing a retired MMA fighter who is a big teddy bear but also uses his and other people's blood and agony to see through time and to delve whatever weird poo poo he keeps seeing in the depths of his unconscious mind. He's like a Tool song had an MMA career and decided to be a big, friendly family man. I can't wait. I haven't played Mage in like ten years. :allears:

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Sometimes you just dig up things in old folders. I have a note here to check a game recording for the quotes "Grandmother Capsicum used to hit us with snooker tables" and "He's like a sack full of scrotums wrapped in the shape of a hobbit", and a reminder to make my next character's name "Trouserfist Thunderstench". The quotes don't remind me of anything in a game I've recorded, so they must be table talk but god knows from where or what the context was. But the reminder is a good one, just hope I'm not playing that Famous Five RPG next.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
According to my DM, Eldritch Blast is gluten-free.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.
It always sounded a flavor of Mt. Dew to me, so that squares.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

CobiWann posted:

Yes, but is it kosher?

Not with the guy who is it by it, I fancy

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

JustJeff88 posted:

Yes, but is it kosher?
You have to take Energy Admixture: Garlic for that.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

CobiWann posted:

Is it vegan, though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there

Space Kablooey posted:

Is it vegan, though?

Material components: milk and eggs, bitch.