Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
What's really frustrating is that it was in fact Good Policing to break out the kiddie gloves and let the mob walk once the officials and staff were evacuated. Tear gas and firefights in the capitol would be bad. I don't even disagree that for every ziptie tacticool guy there was some gormless moron who wandered in, and deserves a lighter sentence than execution via crossfire.

But if it had been a BLM crowd, or antifa, or the loving 2017 pussyhat protest, there would have been gassing, beating, and shooting. We all know it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Captain Log posted:

I am not pro-American policing and overuse of force. I also think the kid gloves used on the white people invading the God damned capitol vs. the brutality used against BLM protestors is a God damned indictment on our country.

But I really do not think I would have felt it police brutality if more people had been...well...shot. I truly believe there was a clear and present threat to the lives of the politicians. gently caress me, they were chanting about hanging the loving Vice President. Only one person killed is a loving miracle, especially when the police in this country have a license to kill.

Note - I am glad only one person got killed. I may loathe what these people stand for and believe most of them abhorrent. But that doesn't mean I want them to get shot.

poo poo. The police officers, in that situation, did not have a preponderance of force, any expectation of reinforcements, not even a responsible person to communicate with. No surprise it ended up like it did, and a huge surprise that it was that way.

Good goddamn. It was a zombie horde, in the context of what we've talked about in the TFR Racism and Authoritarianism in the firearms industry thread. Crazy people.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

madeintaipei posted:

poo poo. The police officers, in that situation, did not have a preponderance of force, any expectation of reinforcements, not even a responsible person to communicate with. No surprise it ended up like it did, and a huge surprise that it was that way.

Good goddamn. It was a zombie horde, in the context of what we've talked about in the TFR Racism and Authoritarianism in the firearms industry thread. Crazy people.

lol, iirc, they didn't have access to the stronger munitions (tear gas, etc) for hours because no one had thought to give them permission or unlock the door. A bunch of bike cops and lightly armed security guards saved the government, and even when armored units arrived they were getting beaten and crushed in doors while the National Guard sat around prepared but unable to move in because the Pentagon didn't want bad optics (I'm deeply sure that was the only reason).

You can see congressional staffers evacuating behind the cops that shot Babbit, and so could they, that's why they flipped out and smashed through the window. Chuds go on and on about how she was unarmed and deliberately ignore that she was the first through a broken door with the immediate purpose of attacking staff, with the entire mob behind her. I hate that she got shot, but I'm also dead certain that if she'd got through, every single person behind her would have rushed in as well, and the handful of cops behind that door would not have been able to hold anyone off.

A mob doesn't need to be armed to kill people. And they were armed anyway, they just weren't bristling with guns (because they would have been arrested beforehand, not because they didn't have ill intent. Lol, this group brings guns to every protest they can get away with).

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Biscats n Gravy posted:

I genuinely have no idea how JimRob manages to justify still keeping the site up. Edgar Allen Ho raised a good point because I don't think there's a whole lot of young far right STEMlords that would use it. I think it's just hate-addled floridian pensioners and us gawking at the train wreck that gets him literally any traffic.
There's a handful of "younger" freepers but they're like 40.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Lol I can't believe I forgot about TheDonald

If Trump ever shills the vaccine again… he needs to be loudly booed off the stage. This poo poo is destroying our country.

quote:

–Felizcheese 6 points 1 day ago +6 / -0
He has been nothing but a figurehead to me since his shilling of the death jabs

–Sumarongi [S] 4 points 1 day ago +4 / -0
It’s pretty obvious that the interests behind the jab are the same DS /swamp/globalist/ cabal he was voted in to take down.

I don’t think there is any way he doesn’t know this

–rubmewithbeer 4 points 1 day ago +4 / -0
Yeah I don't know what's going on

–MAGADutchPEDE 1 point 1 day ago +1 / -0
Whatever their secret long term plan is with the vaccine, Trump supports it. Make of that what you will.

–Sumarongi [S] 1 point 1 day ago +1 / -0
Then that is the worst case scenario

quote:

OrangeMenace2020 2 points 1 day ago +2 / -0
Agree. If he says it again, I'm done. I was a non-voter until Trump. I'll go back.

quote:

–plasssticman 0 points 1 day ago +1 / -1
Trump knows drat well that those of us that think for ourselves are never going to get the clotshot. By doing what he does he is "checking the temperature of the crowd", confusing and triggering the squishys, and also showing anyone who says that Trump supporters will do anything he says as flat out wrong, ON LIVE TV.

So YES - BOO LOUDLY !!! (not that I need to tell anyone that)

But make no mistake - Trump knows exactly what he is doing.

–Sumarongi [S] 4 points 1 day ago +4 / -0
Yeah, I don’t buy the 4d chess it anymore. If he is going to ‘Save America’ then it starts with coming out strong against these shots. Nothing else matters

–Felizcheese 1 point 1 day ago +1 / -0
If Trump knew what he was doing Amy coney Barrett, Barr, and the countless other appointees and nominations that hosed him and us over would’ve never happened. Trump was defeated by covid and his own hubris

–rubmewithbeer 1 point 1 day ago +1 / -0
One thing that annoys me as well is he never denounced Q and said it wasn't him

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Are there going to be apocalypse cults waiting for all the vaccinated to keel over, this time for real?

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Are there going to be apocalypse cults waiting for all the vaccinated to keel over, this time for real?

I mean they've installed microchips in everyone, so all they have to do is push a firmware update that kills you or makes you obedient. It's kind of the perfect narrative for un-personing your political opponents. When the Trumpists lose elections they can claim people don't really want to vote for whatever isn't an insane xenophobe. And when inevitably the firmware update doesn't get pushed, it's because of infighting in the cabal or successful action by the Q-network, so there's an excuse to endlessly explain the failure of prophecy. The problem is I think this narrative is too cogent and logical to appeal to them.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Little do they know we actually put all the microchips in the ivermectin.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

ashpanash posted:

Little do they know we actually put all the microchips in the ivermectin.

There's going to be some problems when a bunch of horses try to vote.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

We’ve got enough problems with all the asses :dadjoke:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Idk President Shadowfax sounds like an improvement over most of the offerings of my lifetime

e: I have just learned President Shadowfax was assassinated by bees

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Aug 29, 2021

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Presumably you would get president dumbass racehorse name because there is no reason to suspect that horses would not also vote for the guy they see most on TV.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Millard Fillmore, Grover Cleveland, and Calvin Coolidge were the racehorse presidents, nobody names people like that.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Captain Log posted:

I am not pro-American policing and overuse of force. I also think the kid gloves used on the white people invading the God damned capitol vs. the brutality used against BLM protestors is a God damned indictment on our country.

But I really do not think I would have felt it police brutality if more people had been...well...shot. I truly believe there was a clear and present threat to the lives of the politicians. gently caress me, they were chanting about hanging the loving Vice President. Only one person killed is a loving miracle, especially when the police in this country have a license to kill.

Note - I am glad only one person got killed. I may loathe what these people stand for and believe most of them abhorrent. But that doesn't mean I want them to get shot.

Hell, these people were beating police near to death. So much as glancing at them during BLM protests was enough to get you mauled by cops.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

pseudanonymous posted:

I mean they've installed microchips in everyone, so all they have to do is push a firmware update that kills you or makes you obedient. It's kind of the perfect narrative for un-personing your political opponents. When the Trumpists lose elections they can claim people don't really want to vote for whatever isn't an insane xenophobe. And when inevitably the firmware update doesn't get pushed, it's because of infighting in the cabal or successful action by the Q-network, so there's an excuse to endlessly explain the failure of prophecy. The problem is I think this narrative is too cogent and logical to appeal to them.

I wish I'd bookmarked it, but there was an article from actual engineering and tech guys about the microchip thing. The chips are small, not microscopic, but small. But what kills it all is the poo poo to make them work. An inch long antenna gives you about a foot of range, and then they need some sort of power supply which would have to be impossibly small to the point it always has to be near a charging system to keep powering the chip.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

United States, 2129. The last person to remember COVID has finally died, surrounded by six generations of her family.

*Redpilled neo-incel bursts in,.wearing a red hologram hat*

"Told you so!"

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
trump and his master 4d plan to make him and his supporters look weak and stupid has almost come to fruition!

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
‘It’s not looking in our favor’: Man who organized anti-mask Freedom Rally now on a ventilator after catching COVID

quote:

To: blueplum
Is he being treated with Ivermectin?????

2 posted on 8/28/2021, 1:58:34 AM by chopperk
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Whereupon we find out LumberJack53213's height, weight, and thus BMI as another freeper taunts them for being obese.

quote:

no judgements means not criticizing the man himself
Why is criticizing him even a question?

Btw, we know what your non-judgement judgement is. But it sounds pretty when you say 'no judgement'.

And why do we so-called 'antivaxxers' need to 'put our money where our mouth is'?

Where is our mouth? Do you honestly think this guy got the covid and is dying cause he didn't wear a mask?

Bone up on the science. He probly got it from a vaxxed super spreader (like you). Make them pay Go Fund Me.

6 posted on 08/28/2021 2:18:28 AM PDT by bagster ("Even bad men love their mamas".)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: bagster
This story sounds like total BS. The freedom rally he supposedly organized was over a year ago. Sounds like the story of this kid that was in our local paper a week ago. Right after the ‘school board’ decreed children had to wear masks, even though the gov. said it was optional, the local health department had this snarky article put in the local paper about a 14 year old STUDENT IN THE COUNTY DIED OF COVID WHILE PARENTS WERE FIGHTING OVER MASKS.
I started looking into this kid and he had covid so bad he was able to attend school and die in several different surrounding counties and medical districts.

If this guy is real, he probably got no treatment until he got so bad he had to go to the emergency room. Then goes to the hospital where they killed him like they did a family member of mine. Hospitals have turned into killing fields for the COVID $$$$$$$$$$$$.

Stop incentivizing hospitals with money for people’s deaths and the COVID plandemic will disappear immediately.

64 posted on 08/28/2021 3:20:00 AM PDT by MagnoliaB ( You can't always get what you want but if you try sometime you will find you get what you need.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: MagnoliaB
Yea, the propaganda is thick.
The derps REALLY want that poison in us.

69 posted on 08/28/2021 3:23:55 AM PDT by bagster ("Even bad men love their mamas".)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 64 | View Replies ]

quote:

Put an extra layer of that horse dewormer paste on your toast.

72 posted on 08/28/2021 3:27:53 AM PDT by LumberJack53213
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 69 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: LumberJack53213
Put an extra layer of that horse dewormer paste on your toast.
Is that what your three dumb doctor buddies recommend, fatty?

One word: Low carb. Lay off the toast.

79 posted on 08/28/2021 3:43:55 AM PDT by bagster ("Even bad men love their mamas".)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 72 | View Replies ]

quote:

Fatty? That’s not nice sparky. Next time you’re in Milwaukee look me up.

82 posted on 08/28/2021 3:49:52 AM PDT by LumberJack53213
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 79 | View Replies ]

quote:

Fatty? That’s not nice sparky. Next time you’re in Milwaukee look me up.
Should I bring food?

85 posted on 08/28/2021 3:54:53 AM PDT by bagster ("Even bad men love their mamas".)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 82 | View Replies ]

quote:

Nah just bring your 5 foot nothing self, I’ll buy you lunch. You can bring your own horse paste .

87 posted on 08/28/2021 3:56:52 AM PDT by LumberJack53213
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 85 | View Replies ]

quote:

Nah just bring your 5 foot nothing self,
How did you know I'm Rudy? My cover is blown!!!

I’ll buy you lunch.

That's very white of you, but I don't take lunch with super spreaders.

91 posted on 08/28/2021 3:59:51 AM PDT by bagster ("Even bad men love their mamas".)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 87 | View Replies ]

quote:

Comment #60 Removed by Moderator

quote:

I’m 6’2” 235 pds, not sure I’m fat, my wife is a fantastic cook.

62 posted on 8/28/2021, 3:17:45 AM by LumberJack53213
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 60 | View Replies]

quote:

Your BMI:

BMI Categories:
Underweight = <18.5
Normal weight = 18.5–24.9
Overweight = 25–29.9
Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater

67 posted on 08/28/2021 3:23:05 AM PDT by conservative98
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 62 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: conservative98
Now post your BMI skinny. I’d argue I have more muscle mass than fat , but hey it seems everyone like to tear each other down here. And again I don’t care.

70 posted on 08/28/2021 3:26:18 AM PDT by LumberJack53213
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 67 | View Replies ]

quote:

And again I don’t care.
Kinda seems like you care.

Just sayin'.

73 posted on 08/28/2021 3:28:22 AM PDT by bagster ("Even bad men love their mamas".)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 70 | View Replies ]

Here, have a different type of stupid.

quote:

Funny, I have a good buddy who’s a neurologist. He says stay far far away from these toxic shots, and it’s why we’re seeing all these variants. It looks to me like your friends don’t like you.

23 posted on 8/28/2021, 2:36:15 AM by Bulwyf
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies]

quote:

Yea, SHE wore a mask, HE didn’t and he is the one in the hospital, because HE wanted his ‘freedom’ - guess he got it - and will leave behind 100K’s of medical expenses for other people to pay.

36 posted on 08/28/2021 2:46:52 AM PDT by qwerty1234
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 32 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: qwerty1234
Yea, SHE wore a mask, HE didn’t and he is the one in the hospital.
So? Masks don't work. Ask Fauci (see above).

41 posted on 08/28/2021 2:55:29 AM PDT by bagster ("Even bad men love their mamas".)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 36 | View Replies ]

Personally I am adding LumberJack53213 to my "has somewhat reasonable opinions specifically related to vaccinations amongst a sea of Neo-Nazis" list.

quote:

To: Tennessee Nana
Well if you get the Covid you could be the first. I was full anti jab for months until I started seeing the crackpots ingesting horse paste and acting like they’re doctors. Do want you want to do I don’t care. I did it and I feel great, heck my summer cough even cleared up.

48 posted on 08/28/2021 3:05:19 AM PDT by LumberJack53213
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 46 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: rolling_stone; LumberJack53213
Support for a position by stating “Three doctors told me it...” as a justification for something is what is known as an “appeal to authority” by someone arguing a point.

Instead of arguing something on its own merits and points, the point is made by saying that someone who is an ostensible authority supports their position.

Climate alarmists have been the most egregious adherents of this tactic for the last three decades.

Physicians get a lot of training and know a lot of things about the function of the human body most people don’t. But it has been my experience that Physicians can be among the most Leftist in their views (not all of course) and no matter how intelligent a Leftist is, that intelligence, is like the gallon of ultra-pure clean water ruined by a drop of sewage by that drop of Leftism as referenced in my tagline. Not all physicians are that way, of course.

Thomas Sowell brilliantly points out that because a person is an expert on one thing, that does not make them an expert on other things, but we constantly assume just that. Stephen Hawking was a brilliant physicist, but that doesn’t make him a brilliant cook. Or car mechanic. Or vaccine expert.

Same for Neurologists, Pathologists, or Oncologists.

If three Oncologists tell me that a certain treatment for cancer is valid, I am going to accept that opinion. If three Neurologists tell me that a glioblastoma is a very bad thing and chances of survival are poor, I accept that as an authoritative position.

But if three practitioners of Cardiology tell me some treatment for a certain brain cancer is best, I am going to reserve judgement.

The distance between specialties such as Immunology and Cardiology is wide enough to be significant.

One might give more weight to their opinions because they know more about specialized mechanisms and disease states in the human body, but unless a physician is an immunologist or perhaps an Infectious Disease specialist, their views must be accepted with the same grain of salt (albeit a smaller one) than the views of car mechanics.

Or posters on Free Republic.

78 posted on 08/28/2021 3:42:54 AM PDT by rlmorel (Leftists are The Droplet of Sewage in a gallon of ultra-pure clean water.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 55 | View Replies ]
Pretty sure I could find a consensus of opinions of respected immunologists in the field, peer reviewed research, and/or public health decrees from local governments both in the US and abroad, saying to get vaccinated for the good of everyone around you and it would not make an iota of difference in swaying an antivaxxer's stance on getting vaccinated.

quote:

To: rlmorel
So by citing a cardiologist per se you would then agree that the guy out of Texas who we hear about on and on and on as a board certified cardiologist railing against the vaccine and pushing ivermectin is in fact not a reliable source but rather an appeal to authority?

Ok. I guess we can agree that since none of the dirty dozen of docs we are subjected to on a regular basis who have profited quite well from their websites are in fact reliable.

We agree on something.

104 posted on 08/28/2021 4:11:42 AM PDT by gas_dr (Conditions of Socratic debate: Intelligence, Candor, and Good Will. )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 78 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: gas_dr
A physician may very well be a good source. Or they may not.

Just like a Chemist or a Physicist may be a good source. Or they may not.

The point is, using an appeal to authority by referring to some doctor or another and having that settle the argument is meaningless.

Witnessing Stephen Hawking discussing physics is great. Seeing him discuss religion or God-not so much.

As for these dirty dozen of docs you talk about, I don’t know who any of them are, have never been to their web sites, and even if I had, would not view them much differently than I do a dirty dozen of reporters, I just assume they know more about medicine.

But knowing about medicine doesn’t make you an automatic authority on vaccines. And even being a specialist doesn’t mean your word can be trusted, using Fauci as an example. I wouldn’t listen to a word he says about my dog’s immune system and how to deal with it, much less a human one.

As a matter of fact, an intelligent person who is uncorrupted by ideology or financial dealings may carry more weight in some cases.

132 posted on 08/28/2021 4:42:01 AM PDT by rlmorel (Leftists are The Droplet of Sewage in a gallon of ultra-pure clean water.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 104 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: rlmorel
Seeking out and accepting medical advice is not appeal to authority. You are confusing logical fallacies in debate.

136 posted on 08/28/2021 4:45:51 AM PDT by LumberJack53213
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 132 | View Replies ]

quote:

I have worked in the medical field for 35 years, medical care is so specialized now that my statement is valid.

236 posted on 08/28/2021 10:41:44 AM PDT by rlmorel (Leftists are The Droplet of Sewage in a gallon of ultra-pure clean water.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 136 | View Replies ]
Without rlmorel glibly adding a /s to their post I can only assume they were serious

quote:

30 million? Lol. Big Pharma stands to make a Trillion$ or more on a disease with a 99.7% survival rate!

Did you know the Lead Developer for the AstraZenaca covid vaxx appeared before the U.K. Parliament and said stop the vaccinations? (That is, after the UK required covid passports.)

59 posted on 08/28/2021 3:13:56 AM PDT by Grey182 (Trump won, Benedict is still Pope & Jeffery Epstein didn't kill himself.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 27 | View Replies ]

quote:

Regeneron & Ivermectin.

It works - personal experience in family.

83 posted on 8/28/2021, 3:52:47 AM by Baldwin77 (Traitor Joe is NOT my president)

quote:

Yet another freeper demanding that others “need” to do something. My sarcastic answer to this demand is that maybe you should ask the democrat taliban party politicians to pass a law forcing others to give money to the GoFundMe accounts for hospitalized people under threat of government punishment if we do not. By the way, that law was already passed. It is obamacare and we are already taxed to pay for it under threat from the government if we do not.

My more reasoned answer is as follows. Freedom includes the freedom to choose. This person chose and got sick. Freedom to chose does not mean you do not have to deal with the consequences of those choices. In fact, it means quite the opposite. Freedom means you must deal with the consequences and without interference by an all powerful government. Does he have health insurance? How about life insurance? What did he do to protect himself and his family from disasters that befall people every day? I have lots of both because I take responsibility for my life and those of my family.

So, now to the make it rain demand. Why do I have to help this person? Does that mean I have to help everyone now? People choose to drive cars and get hurt in accidents. Others cross the street and get hit by a bus. Others fall down a set of stairs as they are going to work and a million other things can befall us each and everyday. What makes this one man different? Your demand to make it rain is the same slippery slope government has used for over 100 years to start taxing income and slowly increase taxation over time, forcing us to pay for all sorts of other people’s problems. That is called socialism which is just a stepping stone to totalitarian communism.

My two cents.

99 posted on 8/28/2021, 4:06:41 AM by joma89 (Buy weapons and ammo, folks, and have the will to use them.)
:lol: people not dying from the wonders of modern medical science -> taxation -> Socialism -> Communism

I'm sure the polling amongst freepers is still 100% for private health insurance over a public option or universal healthcare...

quote:

To: joma89
if the pregnant wife is putting up a gofund me, there’s likely no life insurance or Plan B. At least there won’t be a hospital bill. She mentioned he wasn’t working being in the hospital (of course right) so maybe they’re paycheck to paycheck? Of course I’m “reading” her from a picture or two and a few paragraphs but she doesn’t seem a scammer.

146 posted on 08/28/2021 5:02:17 AM PDT by blueplum ("...this moment is your moment: it belongs to you... " President Donald J. Trump, Jan 20, 2017) )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 99 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: blueplum; bagster
blueplum,

As a card carrying ant, I have no sympathy for the grasshoppers of the world. I trust, however, that you give plenty of your money to make sure this family survives.

203 posted on 08/28/2021 7:16:53 AM PDT by joma89 (Buy weapons and ammo, folks, and have the will to use them.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 146 | View Replies ]

This explains the $200 increase in my monthly stipend from George Soros

quote:

I don’t know why I’m stupid enough to get into this argument but here goes.

My daughter works for a doctor, an OB.

She and the doc’s entire family came down with COVID a couple weeks ago.

My daughter, unvaxxed slid right through it. Felt badly a couple days then was fine. The doc and her husband had a rough go of it. Their kid is young and had no issues.

Amazingly, the doc is now pushing my daughter, who’s absolutely loaded to the top with natural immunity to get the shot.

Just why?
They had it and it had anywhere from no effect to a super effect, yet this otherwise brilliant doctor is buying the narrative.

To her credit, she did say that she’s open to reviewing alternative information.

For my part, I’m not getting the shot but I don’t knock those who do unless they spend too much time bragging about it.

On the other hand, those who think that a simple piece of cloth on their faces will protect them from a virus are basically mindless sheep

147 posted on 08/28/2021 5:02:57 AM PDT by cyclotic (Live your life in such a way that they hate you as much as they hated Rush Limbaugh)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: cyclotic
Is the doctor getting a kick back or perks for every JAB he gets into people?

158 posted on 08/28/2021 5:29:03 AM PDT by MagnoliaB ( You can't always get what you want but if you try sometime you will find you get what you need.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 147 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: MagnoliaB
wait - why would a doc get a kickback? the vaccines are free.

169 posted on 08/28/2021 5:54:25 AM PDT by blueplum ("...this moment is your moment: it belongs to you... " President Donald J. Trump, Jan 20, 2017) )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 158 | View Replies ]

quote:

Everyone makes money off the Scamdemic except the proles.

“Providers get greater reimbursement for COVID-19 vaccine”

Medicare is now paying higher reimbursement rates for hospitals, physicians, pharmacies and others to administer the COVID-19 vaccine.

“Starting immediately, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services is increasing the Medicare payment amount to $40 to administer each dose of a COVID-19 vaccine. This represents an increase from approximately $28 to $40 to administer a single dose, and an increase from approximately $45 to $80 for the administration of vaccines requiring two doses.”

200 posted on 08/28/2021 7:09:11 AM PDT by MagnoliaB ( You can't always get what you want but if you try sometime you will find you get what you need.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 169 | View Replies ]
This picks up another narrative I've been noticing evolving amongst the antivaxxers: getting sick with COVID confers a "natural immunity", and because it natural it is thus superior, to a vaccine induced immunity. Just another way for them to feel superior to everyone else for being too close minded to contribute to the collective good of their country which they claim to cherish above all else.

quote:

To: trebb
169,592,873 Americans — or 51.1% of the total population — have received the full course of vaccinations. Where are the millions of dead bodies from the jab?

151 posted on 08/28/2021 5:12:45 AM PDT by LumberJack53213
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 150 | View Replies ]

quote:

They are doing their best to cover it up, not report it and lie about it. Do you really think that when people go back to their doctors with reactions from the JAB the doctor that talked them into getting it is going to acknowledge it could have been the JAB?

A perfectly healthy 40 year old working locally in the medical industry had a stroke 4 days after getting the JAB. When she questioned her doctor about the JAB causing it, she got a blank stare and he refused to even acknowledge her question.

So that’s where your dead bodies and people suffering from bad effects are. If you think the medical industry is going to take responsibility or do anything but cover up the damage they are doing, you are naďve.

163 posted on 08/28/2021 5:41:49 AM PDT by MagnoliaB ( You can't always get what you want but if you try sometime you will find you get what you need.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 151 | View Replies ]

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
Does... Does MagnoliaB think that 'JAB' is an acronym?

I can't believe that's what stuck out to me.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

quote:

Then goes to the hospital where they killed him like they did a family member of mine. Hospitals have turned into killing fields for the COVID $$$$$$$$$$$$.

Stop incentivizing hospitals with money for people’s deaths and the COVID plandemic will disappear immediately.

...what? How are hospitals being incentivized to kill people?

I can only think of two things. One, the Deep State bribes hospitals to not give covid patients "life saving drugs" like Ivermectin and Regeneron so that they will die of covid, so they can claim covid is more deadly than it is, or two, the Deep State bribes hospitals to let people die from other things and then lie and say it was covid, so they can claim covid is more deadly than it is.

e: Like the Freeper who said that the vaccine is a scam for hospitals to make more money from Medicare reimbursements at least makes sense, if you want to believe that the vaccine is just for Big Pharma to rake in the cash that's a plausible explanation, but killing people for money is ridiculous.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
I think the social aspect of the internet has literally broken America.

I graduated university in 2006 from a small liberal arts school. The degree didn't help me ever get a job, or give me specialized knowledge I ever needed in my career. But, I felt like the really loving rigorous standards of logic, research, science, and reasoning where something everyone should learn at some point in their life. I thought the experience of getting my degree was insanely valuable, but shouldn't be gated behind lots of cash and/or crippling debt.

I always believed the internet would create an egalitarian society. Everyone would be able to go out and learn to their heart's content while sharpening up their abilities to suss out bullshit. For a couple of years in the late 00's, I thought my prediction was coming true.

Sweet Jesus H. Tap-dancing Christ, I could not have been more disastrously incorrect. Hearing these loving people try to slap enough neurons in their head together to form a cogent sentence about logical fallacies is actively making me stupider. And the world worse.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It does create an egalitarian society in some respects, the difficulty you are having is that you imagined that meant everyone would be like you, rather than meaning that any given person's feelings about a subject are equally as worthy of respect as actual demonstrable facts.

Which isn't a problem of the internet, people were always loving stupid, they have had a whole lifetime of traditional media to make them loving stupid, the issue that we are now observing is that stupid people can network and find other stupid people and form power blocs, and either you have to find a way to make them not stupid or you have to find a way to disenfranchise them.

People are going out and learning to their heart's content, but their heart does not want complex and difficult ideas, it wants whatever makes them feel like they are right and have always been right.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

OwlFancier posted:

he issue that we are now observing is that stupid people can network and find other stupid people and form power blocs

This, this, and this.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Captain Log posted:

Sweet Jesus H. Tap-dancing Christ, I could not have been more disastrously incorrect. Hearing these loving people try to slap enough neurons in their head together to form a cogent sentence about logical fallacies is actively making me stupider. And the world worse.

My brain's still making little "Krrrzt Krrrzt" comic book broken machine noises at "You're citing the wrong kind of doctor so its an appeal to authority, but only when you make the argument".

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Twelve by Pies posted:

I can only think of two things. One, the Deep State bribes hospitals to not give covid patients "life saving drugs" like Ivermectin and Regeneron so that they will die of covid, so they can claim covid is more deadly than it is, or two, the Deep State bribes hospitals to let people die from other things and then lie and say it was covid, so they can claim covid is more deadly than it is.

e: Like the Freeper who said that the vaccine is a scam for hospitals to make more money from Medicare reimbursements at least makes sense, if you want to believe that the vaccine is just for Big Pharma to rake in the cash that's a plausible explanation, but killing people for money is ridiculous.

This conservative conspiracy belief is that the federal government pays hospitals for every covid case (so they have an incentive to fudge the numbers and report fake positive results) and for every covid death (so they call every death covid even if it's a motorcycle accident, and if you do have covid they hide the real treatments from you and let you die so they can get that sweet sweet government cash)

Why did Trump's federal government do this? Shut up! Deep state! Deep state! Sabotage! Dolschtoss!

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
That one single known incident of mislabeling the motorcycle death is the only one that ever comes up too. It's like how there's more GOP voters doing voter fraud because "they do it worse" than there are dead people voting for the Daemon Hillary.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Twelve by Pies posted:

It's not uncommon for hospitals to get specific payouts directly from health insurers based on routine treatments for certain illnesses and conditions. It makes sense from a business standpoint; if both parties know that the hospital is going to charge around 75k for, I don't know, let's say setting a broken leg bone, then the hospital tells the insurance company "We have someone here with a broken leg bone" and the insurance company says "Cool, we're wiring you 75k right now". Current COVID pricing is around 37k, so if a patient with COVID needs to go to the ICU, the hospital gets 37k from the insurer.

The conspiracy theory is that COVID is the only packaged health condition that works this way, so hospitals are telling their doctors to tell patients that they have COVID when it's really a fake disease that doesn't kill people, get their 37k check, then kill the patient by injecting them with poison while telling them that it's the treatment.

It's extremely dumb and extremely prevalent in the antivax crowd. Alex Jones in particular loves to crow about it.

Froghammer fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Aug 30, 2021

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Froghammer posted:

It's not uncommon for hospitals to get specific payouts directly from health insurers based on routine treatments for certain illnesses and conditions. It makes sense from a business standpoint; if both parties know that the hospital is going to charge around 75k for, I don't know, let's say setting a broken leg bone, then the hospital tells the insurance company "We have someone here with a broken leg bone" and the insurance company says "Cool, we're wiring you 75k right now". Current COVID pricing is around 37k, so if a patient with COVID needs to go to the ICU, the hospital gets 37k from the insurer.

The conspiracy theory is that COVID is the only packaged health condition that works this way, so hospitals are telling their doctors to tell patients that they have COVID when it's really a fake disease that doesn't kill people, get their 37k check, then kill the patient by injecting them with poison while telling them that it's the treatment.

It's extremely dumb and extremely prevalent in the antivax crowd. Alex Jones in particular loves to crow about it.

I've also seen they only get the money when the patient dies, so they're letting covid patients die by not giving them lifesaving hydrochloriquine ivermectin.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Ignoring how hospital payment methods work aside, it's a belief that relies on COVID being both a fake disease that isn't a very big deal and a deadly illness with a simple cure that's being intentionally withheld.

Which, hey, that's fascism for you. The enemy needs to be strong and weak at the same time, and the enemy is COVID.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

I can't decide whether my favorite part is where the "A perfectly healthy 40 year old working locally in the medical industry" bit is very, very clearly just stripped from some tabloid website, or where the doctor has the most reasonable reaction in the world to some idiot asking him if the vaccine caused a stroke, and this is proof of a conspiracy to cover up that 50% of the country's population is in the process of dropping dead.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

"I asked my doctor if the vaccine would turn me into a cat and they were confused so clearly small-pox is a hoax."

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
May divorce husband over Covid vax beliefs

OP posted:

My husband of 20 years got the "vax" in order to travel for work. He was not resistant to the jab. In fact, he gladly took it. He has repeatedly told me I'm foolish for not getting the shot. I am heathly and hale and have weighed my options. I will not take it ... ever.

He told me to not mention the mandatory vaccine being foisted on military personnel in a letter to my son in basic training at Fort Benning. I told him to go eff himself. I can't stay married to a man this weak minded.

I can't believe I am with a man who is telling me to watch what I write to our son. I can't believe he thinks this "vax" is legit. I will dissolve this marriage before I let anyone stick a needle in my body.

quote:

To: Scarpetta
I’m just now starting this thread. I will read the replies. Of which I’m sure will be blasting you from here to there.

I can’t believe this thread is still standing. You should have begged the moderators to please zot this thread and spare you the shame you certainly deserve.

240 posted on 8/25/2021, 12:16:01 PM by Responsibility2nd (I love my country. It's my government that I hate.)

The horror!

quote:

To: God luvs America
You think none of the other recruits have parents,? He’ll find out. If he’s in, it may be too late to do anything about it anyway. He may be vaxxed before basic ends.

204 posted on 08/24/2021 6:53:12 PM PDT by gundog (It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen. )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 22 | View Replies ]

:sever:

quote:

To: ecomcon
“Not a good enough reason for divorce.”

Think it’s her decision. If her husband is stupid enough to try to censor her in any communication with their son, he deserves it.

We have enough censorship and suppression of truth as it is. Why suffer with it at home?

31 posted on 08/24/2021 4:54:56 PM PDT by romanesq (TRUSTY THE PLAN! ChiCom Joe is the Plan? Que magnificent! 👹)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies ]

quote:

Disagree. If the woman believes a vaccination will endanger her life and her husband won’t stand by her decision not to take it, they should’ve not been married in the first place!

100 posted on 08/24/2021 5:23:30 PM PDT by gr8eman (When you're bought and paid for by commies...you're a commie!)

quote:

complete opposing views on life and freedom and culture is the BEST reason to divorce..

221 posted on 08/24/2021 9:09:49 PM PDT by cherry

Well we did waste a shitload of innocent lives, money, and time we could have better spent mobilizing for an existential fight to mitigate the worst effects of man-made climate change for no absolutely no gain whatsoever...

quote:

To: Bell Bouy II
Son wrote morale is low since news of Afghanistan.

20 posted on 8/24/2021, 4:52:16 PM by Scarpetta (Trump won...by a lot. )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

quote:

My husband and I are among the small group of those who got divorced and then remarried to each other.

Last night, during an argument over the souvied (or however you spell it) chicken (which I did not like because I do not like that souvied food, it just does not seem cooked to me) he said that he was leaving me.

I said, just tell me one thing: are you taking the souvie with you?

Hang in there, per my beloved mother-in-law, the first 35 years are the hardest!

23 posted on 8/24/2021, 4:53:08 PM by jocon307 (Dem party delenda est!)

:females: is a bit too far for some freepers

quote:

I’ve been married 32 years, you should not even think about getting divorced over a vaccine. You should yield to your husband, listen to him and pray for him to lead you and guide your family. Do not argue with him. Your son is an adult and can think for himself. Why burden your son with your worries. I’m not vaccinated, and my husband and I have had plenty of disagreements over the years. Stay married.

16 posted on 8/24/2021, 4:51:03 PM by ThisLittleLightofMine

quote:

To: ThisLittleLightofMine
You should yield to your husband, listen to him and pray for him to lead you and guide your family. WOW HOLY CRAP
25 posted on 8/24/2021, 4:53:30 PM by Bell Bouy II
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Bell Bouy II
Yield to you’r Husband? WOW

212 posted on 08/24/2021 7:59:41 PM PDT by simpson96
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 25 | View Replies ]

God will fix it!

quote:

To: ThisLittleLightofMine; Scarpetta
“You should yield to your husband, listen to him and pray for him to lead you and guide your family.”

In a perfect world, in a Christian home where both are wholly and equally submitted to Christ, that works. That’s about 10% of marriages. If her commitment to God is greater than his, if her knowledge of Scripture is greater than his, if he’s actively working against a Christian home, the whole “yield” thing isn’t going to happen. (I wouldn’t yield to a drunken sot, or a bum who refused to work, or an abuser.) Definitely pray for him.

I notice that she never said he DEMANDS that she get the clot shot, so he’s got that going for him.

But dictating what she may or may not discuss with her own son is pretty bad.

Considering divorce at this moment (unless there’s abuse or unfaithfulness) is premature. God could turn things around for the country, and this whole vaccine issue could be just a bad memory a year from now. Rash decisions now might be regrets in the not-too-distant future.

209 posted on 08/24/2021 7:33:59 PM PDT by MayflowerMadam (While the foundations are being destroyed, what are the righteous doing?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies ]

quote:

Being single sucks at times. One income household, am responsible for ALL bills, house, yard, maintenance, rehab instead of home when I have surgery because I live alone, can’t reach the ceiling lights to change the bulbs, etc. etc. Don’t divorce. He’s needed.

40 posted on 8/24/2021, 4:56:43 PM by peggybac (My will is what I wanted. God's will is what I got.)

quote:

To: Craftmore
Interesting.
The pediatrician told my vaxxed daughter the baby got immunity from the breast milk.
Does her husband get it from the sperm?

44 posted on 08/24/2021 4:58:54 PM PDT by nascarnation
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 34 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: nascarnation
if he swallows I suppose

59 posted on 08/24/2021 5:03:45 PM PDT by CGASMIA68
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 44 | View Replies ]

quote:

Your situation is happening all over the country. One friend asked me if she could get the vaccines spike protein from sexual intercourse. I said yes and quoted recent reports of fully vaccinated corpses that under autopsies found spike proteins in every organ of the body.

She is separating from her husband as I write

48 posted on 8/24/2021, 5:00:05 PM by Hostage (Article V)

quote:

Congratulations, you’re a lunatic. Leave your son alone. He’s in the army now and doesn’t need mommy to protect him. I served 24 years and lost count on how many shots I had to get before deployments. He signed the dotted line. You’re not allowed to refuse.

56 posted on 08/24/2021 5:02:18 PM PDT by strider44
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

quote:

Why do you think any of us care?

21 posted on 8/24/2021, 4:52:34 PM by Vermont Lt

quote:

To: Vermont Lt
What is your problem?

FReepers used to care about one another. You must be friends with mumble bummer.

57 posted on 08/24/2021 5:02:25 PM PDT by sauropod (Time is like quicksilver, smearing the years... - Bill Nelson)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 21 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: sauropod
This is a ridiculous post.

And you are falling for it. Is that your picture next to gullible in the dictionary?

89 posted on 08/24/2021 5:16:19 PM PDT by Vermont Lt
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 57 | View Replies ]

quote:

The anti-vax side is full of misinformation. If you’re truly thinking of divorce just because of that, I find that quite sad.

66 posted on 08/24/2021 5:06:09 PM PDT by Stravinsky

quote:

To: Stravinsky; Scarpetta
The anti-vax side is full of misinformation.
See my post #101 about misinformation.

114 posted on 08/24/2021 5:28:40 PM PDT by kiryandil (China Joe and Paycheck Hunter - the Chink in America's defenses)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 66 | View Replies ]
Why not?!

quote:

To: Republican Wildcat; Scarpetta
and doesn’t believe the lies being told about the vaccine that you want him to believe
And speaking of lies:

When most of the US medical establishment looks me in the eye and tells me that 10 bucks worth of Plaquenil or 10 bucks worth of Ivermectin is going to kill me, so I can't buy any, then my scientist spidey sense kicks in and tells me somebody is lying.

And it ain't me.

You can buy that stuff over the counter in third world countries - but not in the quack-infested US medical monopoly.

So, who's "stupid"? I'd say the ones who are believing the white-robed liars and their TeeVee assistants in the Media.

101 posted on 8/24/2021, 5:23:50 PM by kiryandil (China Joe and Paycheck Hunter - the Chink in America's defenses)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 91 | View Replies]

quote:

Might I suggest that instead of divorce, you double or triple up on Life Insurance on your Husband, if the vaccine works as promised and expected, the jabbed will begin dying off in 2 years.

115 posted on 8/24/2021, 5:28:42 PM by eyeamok (founded in cynicism, wrapped in sarcasm)

quote:

Sounds like there is more under the surface and you wanted a divorce long before this. After 20 years and the kids out of the house you have a golden opportunity to divorce him and get lifelong alimony (some states at least). I’ve supervised men older and more experienced than me working crap jobs to pay for their unhappy ex wife. The divorce courts will make sure he will suffer for you. Not saying I approve of it but it is what it is.

129 posted on 8/24/2021, 5:34:22 PM by Organic Panic (Democrats. Memories as short as Joe Biden's eyes.)

:byodood: WE CAN'T GO BACK TO THE OFFICE BECAUSE YOU WON'T GET VACCINATED

quote:

You might want to consider the fact that your husband took the shots so that he could continue working to support you.
My wife and I had a similar discussion. It appears more and more likely my company (of 30+ years) may require it only because so many of our accounts are military, schools, hospitals and government. If I can no longer meet with my clients because they stupidly require all their vendors to have the shot, then my value to my company is greatly diminished. It not my company's fault as they've already been very good to me. It's the fault of this out-of-control government that wants to run our lives for us.

Even though I am against getting the shots and would never take them willingly, I told my wife that I would take them in order to keep the job that supports the two of us so that I can continue funding the comfortable retirement we are planning.

My wife, who is also against getting the shots, told me she would rather have me retire early and live on a lesser retirement income than we had anticipated than to have me take the shots. But she would respect my decision if I wanted to get the stupid shots. I am very thankful for that attitude and now I'm thinking that retiring a bit early would not be such a bad idea after all. I always liked my work but with all this masking and vaccination nonsense and all the needless hysteria over a virus that has over a 99% survival rate, it's just not as fun as it used to be.

And I'm sick and tired of all the ZOOM calls and all the "can you hear me" and "you're on mute" and the dogs barking in the background because everybody is so darn scared to come into the actual office.

Anyway, divorcing your husband of over 20+ years over this is also pretty stupid, unless there is more to it than you let on. Hopefully you guys can come around and make things work out.

117 posted on 08/24/2021 5:29:14 PM PDT by SamAdams76 (Give me a Pigfoot and a Bottle of Beer)

quote:

You are getting some bad responses due to your bad post. The issue you are having is it appears both of you are too focused on the vax in your communication. Give and take. Do not mock each other, respect each other. This seems to have just brought to the forefront the lack of mutual respect. The question is how long has a lack of respect been an issue.

Btw - your son is going to get the vax if he joined the Army. Enjoy your trip to Georgia.

162 posted on 8/24/2021, 5:58:38 PM by wgmalabama (We will find out if the Vac or virus risk was the correct choice - can we put truth above narrative)

Get off that cross, goddamn

quote:

To: All
The unvaccinated will need to firm up their resolve to protect their rights otherwise the majority viewpoint in society (that vaccines are necessary) will run us over and we will be roadkill. We are going to be insulted, mocked and belittled on a continual basis in a variety of social settings. All we can do is to point to the logic of not injecting our bodies with some untested and unproven substances that are not acting as vaccines as commonly defined (substances that provide immunity). Who knows what effects they will have after a year or two, and not to mention the probable pressure that will come later to get additional booster shots. How many of those will be expected? When will the tide turn and the majority might see the logic of our position rather than the “experts” who have no great track record in recent years on a variety of subjects.

As to whether that adds up to divorce in one particular instance, pray for discernment wisdom. It might.

173 posted on 8/24/2021, 6:08:20 PM by Peter ODonnell (It's time we got serious about COVID-74 and COVID-92 and the Bulgarian variant and ...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 158 | View Replies]

humblegunner takes a steamer in the thread and brings down the wrath of the mods

quote:

Comment #14 Removed by Moderator

quote:

To: humblegunner
You are such a FRasshole, yes, I’ll say it.

Congrats on taking down FReinds and perhaps this forum.

149 posted on 8/24/2021, 5:47:34 PM by maggief
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

quote:

To: maggief
I rarely use Free Republic anymore, and Humblegunner is the primary reason.

157 posted on 08/24/2021 5:54:29 PM PDT by macrahanish #1 ( BABYMETAL-METAL GALAXY)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 149 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: caww
Marriage has plenty of upsides for women. If it didnt they wouldnt be getting married or desiring to get married.

It has none today for men. None.

Women marry up in multiple ways. They want a taller guy, they want a better looking guy than they are, and they want a guy who makes more than them.

It lifts their finances because it almost always raises their standard of living. This is true because alimony is so one sided to always go to women, the etremely rare cases of men getting alimony from a woman has women using a new term to describe this, manimony. Remember the “family court” takes into account the standard of living the woman has gotten accustomed to from getting married. Why anyne should expect any gurantee to that standard of living once they file for divorce is insane, they do not even have that guarantee remaining married (for richer or for poorer)...

No upside for guys. Financial rape in divorce. Women filing for divorce over 80% of the time, no need to have any fault reasons, vague terms like irreconciliable differences, so it can be on a whim or for the flimsiest weak reasosn just to get half the guys cash and prizes, and use kids for another round of alimony.

197 posted on 08/24/2021 6:32:16 PM PDT by Secret Agent Man (Gone Galt; Not Averse to Going Bronson.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 185 | View Replies ]

quote:

The left could not have come up with a better tactic to divide the nation.

The Civil War was brother against brother sometimes.

This is now sunk to spouse against spouse and FReeper against FReeper in less than six months.

The unvaxed are the new Jews and it’s 1936.

217 posted on 8/24/2021, 8:56:48 PM by Rebelbase

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

quote:

To: Craftmore
Interesting.
The pediatrician told my vaxxed daughter the baby got immunity from the breast milk.
Does her husband get it from the sperm?

44 posted on 08/24/2021 4:58:54 PM PDT by nascarnation
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 34 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: nascarnation
if he swallows I suppose

59 posted on 08/24/2021 5:03:45 PM PDT by CGASMIA68
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 44 | View Replies ]

This made me giggle, I'll admit.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I like how the divorce anti-vax Freeper thinks her husband is trying to censor her because he’s vaccinated and thus evil now and not because he doesn’t want her to seem like a raging lunatic to their son

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
What the Christ brings down the mods on Freep?

Also, :freep: "My husband told me not to mention something I AM BEING CENSORED AND WE ARE THE ETERNAL VICTIMS OF EVERYTHING!!!"

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Captain Log posted:

I think the social aspect of the internet has literally broken America.

I graduated university in 2006 from a small liberal arts school. The degree didn't help me ever get a job, or give me specialized knowledge I ever needed in my career. But, I felt like the really loving rigorous standards of logic, research, science, and reasoning where something everyone should learn at some point in their life. I thought the experience of getting my degree was insanely valuable, but shouldn't be gated behind lots of cash and/or crippling debt.

I always believed the internet would create an egalitarian society. Everyone would be able to go out and learn to their heart's content while sharpening up their abilities to suss out bullshit. For a couple of years in the late 00's, I thought my prediction was coming true.

Back in 2001 I was one of the crew that launched Indymedia in australia and we where spiral eyed convinced a free non-moderated platform for self publishing would finally set people free to challenge capitalism and media hegemony by letting the truth run free. So sure of it we where , the original perth site would let you edit other peoples posts (for "fact checking").

Holy poo poo was I wrong. Within 6 months the neo-nazis found it and started death threating everyone, then the conspiracy theorists turned up, and they where *worse*, because when you slapped their posts down they'd start doxxing people and one guy even came to an editors house to fight him.

Yeah, I've gone from "Internet will save the world" to "The internet is going to kill us all". Frankly I wouldnt lose too much sleep if the whole loving thing was shut down somehow)

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
There's no way they aren't jabbing every recruit the minute they get to their basic training station. Like they do with a million other vaccines already. RIP freepson.

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

EUGENE? Where's my fuckin' money, Eugene?

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

There's no way they aren't jabbing every recruit the minute they get to their basic training station. Like they do with a million other vaccines already. RIP freepson.

Prior to last week, it wasn't mandatory so privates were told that their families could not attend their graduation unless they got it. Now, you are correct. It'll be e'erybody.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
The people who view marriage as super sacred and actively oppose divorce for any reason are so hosed up and I hate them so much.

And yeah that OP's son already knows that his mom is an insane weirdo and probably one of the reasons he joined the military was to get away from her lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

Elephant Ambush posted:

The people who view marriage as super sacred and actively oppose divorce for any reason are so hosed up and I hate them so much.

I've got to admit I laughed (and then sighed) at how Freep has a break down over this - She doesn't want the vaccine and is angry other people disagree about it being dangerous, that's good! But she's a woman with opinions that wants to divorce her husband, that's bad! And you can see the dividing line of which one posters think is more important.

Bremen fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Aug 31, 2021