Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

https://twitter.com/9724_ne/status/1430927564315545601
Ḷ̵̢̡̡̧̛͕̙̹̻͓̥̯̫̞̣̳͔̭̭̘͓͎͙̮̳͉͈̗̞̥͙͍̭̰̹͚̞̭͎̅̇̃͂̏͊͘͜͜E̷̢͕͚̻̪̹̠̼̻̻̼̯̤̩̦̙͓͈̠̫̜̠̺̘̤͔̅̽̌̌̃̄̄̾͛͂̆͆̾͐̈́̀̅̀́͊̿̌͛̍̓̆̈̉̈́͌͋̂͘̕̚͜͜͝͝͝͝͝͝T̸̨̧̢̢̡̢̨̡̛͉̗̭͚̘̫̦͙̦̠̤͓̬̱͖̠̙̗̗̝̮̪̼̠͎̹̺̥̗̱͎̖͚̬̩̄̅͑̆̀̿̋̎̒̂̉̂̑̅͋͆̀̃̒͒̐̌̎̏́̽̔͐̎̍͐̓͊̈́͛͋̀̎̎̇̾̌͊̑̀̀̏̈͗̃̋͗̚͘̚̕̕̕̕͘͠ͅ'̷̡̡̧̢̛̰̰͓̰̻̗͈̰̪̤͍̗̺̭̲̝̺̙͎̲̬̺̭̼̺͕̗͇͚̖͓͇̹̠͕̱̣̯̲͉̥̬̼̱͙̆̓͆̿͒̊̾̈́̈́͛̄̽̈́̓̋̈́͐̋̔̉̎͜͜͜͜͝ͅͅS̷̼̗̉̃́́̄͋̿̏͒͋̿̕͝͝ ̷̢̧̡̢̨̨̧̢̧̨̛̛͖͇̰̙̜̜͓̘͓͍̳̙̬̱̹̦͍͖̤͕̫͈̪̟̘̮̞͓̱͍̭̪̗̰͎̐̏̿͋͋̊̿̂̒̐̅̏̓̀̌̉̈̔͋͌̎̒̓͋̈͑̆̈́̈́̌̽͌̐̓̌̋̈̊̀̈́̌̾̇́̑̀̉̔͆͌͑͛̔̀̂̏͌̍̆͗͘̚͜͝͝͝ͅͅC̷͕̖̮̙͓̺̬̖̈́̂̇͆̊̅̈́̄́͆͒͝Ơ̶̧̧̯̜͓̹͖͖̣̝̟̝̖̺̬̥̪͕͚̪̫̥̱͉͊̊̋̀̊̈͊̐́͆́̄́͒̉͆͋̀͂̄̾̇͗̋̀̈̉̍̿̑̆̄̊̐̇͗̈́̅̉̒̈͗̄̓͌̍͊̀̎̄̈́̾͘̕͘͘͘͘͝Ǫ̴̡̧̡̢̧̛̝̥̜̞͇͙͚̠̰͔̦̦̣̹͚̯̦̗̘̞̳͇̜͖̙͙̝̬͕͚̠̹̥͎̻̫̼̥̯̲͕̝̹̯̱̹͓͕̝̤̝͕̖̺̬̗͉͍͎̫̍͗̍̾̿̇̈́͆́̉͆̈͒̃̄͒͑̔͛̿͛̽̌̔̕͜͝͝K̶̢̡̡̡̢̛̫͎̳̘̤̮̞͉͚̖͕͕̠͓̞̻͉͈̙̖̥̪̣̙̜͙̗̻̘̼̭̩̦̙̭̳̞̱̤͖̓̐͂͛̐͑́̈́̔͌͛̉͊͊͐́̊̈́̇̍̌͒́̌́́͛̆̃͊̅̐̃͊̈́̄͋̌̂͑̃́̉́̓̍̑̔̑̽́͌̓̾̌́̊̿͋̃͂̉̕̚͝͠͝͠͠͝ͅͅͅͅͅ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

theflyingexecutive posted:

Please let Yoshitako Amano out of your AI prison

I'm sorry, but clearly you're talking about Tetsuya Nomura :smug:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Has anyone tried the pixel art generator? I've seen a lot of great stuff on Reddit from it, but my GPU isn't fast enough to run it and just errors out.

Github here.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

feedmyleg posted:

Has anyone tried the pixel art generator? I've seen a lot of great stuff on Reddit from it, but my GPU isn't fast enough to run it and just errors out.

Github here.

NFT riches here I come!

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

feedmyleg posted:

Github here.

Oh my god exactly what I need

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

feedmyleg posted:

Github here.

Quoting this so I can find it later.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I love the dithering in the desert

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

feedmyleg posted:

Github here.

this whole screenshot is a song to me

castlevania, hero & castle
castlevania, blood & roses

imagine a castlevania game in china

castlevania, and also india
castlevaniwhat the gently caress are they doing here, i thought we agreed to meet by the barn?!

shut it down shut it down

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

https://mobile.twitter.com/ai_metal_bot/status/1431738360465330186

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
How about using non-English words as the seed phrases? I'm curious how it would do with another Germanic language, then a different one like Korean, then some fantasy (but still at least slightly fleshed out) languages like klingon and elvish

Oh, and try adding some different descriptors like "16th century woodcut", "by Eric 2nd grade", "(U) 32 CFR Part 2002",

Sentient Data has a new favorite as of 23:55 on Aug 28, 2021

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
By Onfim

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

feedmyleg posted:

Github here.

Castlevania: The Masque of the Pink Death

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

"Final Fantasy hero and villain." Seems pretty on model to me, I see a ridiculous sword, a ridiculous coat, and at least two ridiculous hairstyles. Not sure what's going on with the left-hand figure, maybe it knows Final Fantasy villains usually have a final boss form and it's drawing it alongside his normal form.

"Final boss of the Internet" at 100, 300, and 500 iterations. I was expecting something a little more cable-y, not so much brain and muscle. Not complaining though, mm, look at that right-side hunk chunk.

"Eldritch tome on old wooden table in mossy dungeon" 300 iterations.

"Arcane tome on old wooden table in mossy dungeon" 300 iterations. There appears to be a man wearing one of the tables as a hat.

"Divine tome on old wooden table in mossy dungeon" 300 iterations. General setup is closer to what I was picturing with all three of these tome prompts, but we appear to have some priests instead of a book. Maybe it just doesn't know the word "tome."

"Wizard's spellbook on old wooden table in mossy dungeon" 300 iterations. Now we're talking.

"Junji Ito's Animal Crossing." I regret my words and deeds.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Dareon posted:

"Final boss of the Internet" at 100, 300, and 500 iterations. I was expecting something a little more cable-y, not so much brain and muscle. Not complaining though, mm, look at that right-side hunk chunk.

He seems to have a torch? Is it for flaming people? :D

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

feedmyleg posted:

Github here.

you just type ... those words... and it makes those? no way

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

"Three different wizards." I think they slipped me an extra one, but hot drat those are some kickin' rad wizards.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Dareon posted:

"Junji Ito's Animal Crossing." I regret my words and deeds.
Kickass

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I can't make it do anything. :( I keep getting an error:
code:
AttributeError                            Traceback (most recent call last)
<ipython-input-3-a3a08d1d0982> in <module>()
     31 # these are good settings for pixeldraw
---> 32 clipit.reset_settings()
     33 clipit.add_settings(prompts=prompts, aspect=aspect)
     34 clipit.add_settings(quality="better", scale=2.5)

AttributeError: module 'clipit' has no attribute 'reset_settings'
Phooey.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Hirayuki posted:

I can't make it do anything. :( I keep getting an error:
code:
AttributeError                            Traceback (most recent call last)
<ipython-input-3-a3a08d1d0982> in <module>()
     31 # these are good settings for pixeldraw
---> 32 clipit.reset_settings()
     33 clipit.add_settings(prompts=prompts, aspect=aspect)
     34 clipit.add_settings(quality="better", scale=2.5)

AttributeError: module 'clipit' has no attribute 'reset_settings'
Phooey.

Same, what a bummer :(

EDIT: Ah, looks like it fails first due to being out of memory, which leads to the whole thing crashing, which leads to the "clipit" module being lost. Re-setupping the first node fixes that but not the initial out-of-memory issue, and I'm definitely not good enough at this stuff to try to do anything about that!

Hempuli has a new favorite as of 23:32 on Aug 29, 2021

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Hempuli posted:

EDIT: Ah, looks like it fails first due to being out of memory, which leads to the whole thing crashing, which leads to the "clipit" module being lost. Re-setupping the first node fixes that but not the initial out-of-memory issue, and I'm definitely not good enough at this stuff to try to do anything about that!

Did you restart the runtime like instructed? I only saw that error when I didn't.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Hempuli posted:

Yeah you can't get the good notebooks from goog without paying. And it looks like even if you do it can be a crapshoot.

Gotta run it locally or roll the dice.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

I'm totally intrigued by the architectural details for China and India. Could you show me something similar with Middle Eastern, Russian, a little sampler?

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Hempuli posted:

I'll try again tomorrow, when my laptop hasn't been running for a week with who knows what kind of build-up in the corners of its RAM. Maybe it'll do better with a fresh start.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Yeah you can't get the good notebooks from goog without paying. And it looks like even if you do it can be a crapshoot.

Gotta run it locally or roll the dice.

Hirayuki posted:

I'll try again tomorrow, when my laptop hasn't been running for a week with who knows what kind of build-up in the corners of its RAM. Maybe it'll do better with a fresh start.

Haha, I assumed that the bottleneck was whatever remote location was running the code. Makes sense though, my laptop is ~6 years old (and IIRC might've been bought used?) so it probably won't be running any memory-heavy operations anytime soon.

E: For content, here are some MtG cards generated by my Markov chain engine:

Hempuli has a new favorite as of 06:07 on Aug 30, 2021

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The free google colab is possible, but only one one of the better GPUs. I ran it for a couple of hours.

Basically, test your gpu by making a cell and running

!nvidia-smi -L

if it's a tesla T4 then you're good, if it's a k80 it won't run, and you'll have to disconnect, wait a few minutes, and reconnect. If you do that often enough either (A) you'll get the gpu you want, or (B) you'll burn through your gpu slots and you'll be off the gpu queue for the rest of the day.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
"What thread am in"ed again

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Hempuli posted:

Haha, I assumed that the bottleneck was whatever remote location was running the code. Makes sense though, my laptop is ~6 years old (and IIRC might've been bought used?) so it probably won't be running any memory-heavy operations anytime soon.
I got further into the process this morning (on my pretty-good-spec gaming laptop), but it still threw a fatal "invalid device function" error and suggested I change some settings to save memory before getting to the actual picture-making part. :( I'll try again on the family desktop, which has been upgraded with a fancy graphics card for some inexplicable reason (reason: to play Nier: Automata), though it has half the RAM of my laptop.

e: No luck. :( Well, it was worth a shot!

Hirayuki has a new favorite as of 14:00 on Aug 30, 2021

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Hirayuki posted:

I got further into the process this morning (on my pretty-good-spec gaming laptop), but it still threw a fatal "invalid device function" error and suggested I change some settings to save memory before getting to the actual picture-making part. :( I'll try again on the family desktop, which has been upgraded with a fancy graphics card for some inexplicable reason (reason: to play Nier: Automata), though it has half the RAM of my laptop.

e: No luck. :( Well, it was worth a shot!

yeah it needs like 15 gb of vram, so very expensive gpus only

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Tunicate posted:

very expensive gpus only

you'll need to be a bit more specific currently

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

From reddit
"Frasier Crane As A Cosmic Horror"

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://twitter.com/inputmag/status/1432400873355988993?s=21

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Ah poo poo they made me into an AI!

Welp it's been real. I thought my knack for kinda hearing lovely mashups naturally would be beyond the artistic abilities of AI.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
https://twitter.com/Siberian_644/status/1432349414941773830?s=20

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Mr. Bean standing in front of a wall of meat.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Amazing stuff. I love that it's learned about glasses and now uses them instead of masks, or just because.

Looks like a Polish right-wing politician.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

ultrafilter posted:

Mr. Bean standing in front of a wall of meat.

Starring Jack Black as Mr Bean

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Tunicate posted:

From reddit
"Frasier Crane As A Cosmic Horror"

Holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Threw an old joke mashup I did live at it and it works pretty well except for some balancing in the back half.

Also if you use "normal" quality it doesn't really turn out like pixel art (but I'm probably doing something wrong) (i figured out what i was doing wrong)

"haunted dragon in italy"

stringless has a new favorite as of 22:31 on Aug 31, 2021