Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

lil poopendorfer posted:

“I’m an elite athlete and millionaire, I know what’s best for my body “. Not a direct quote but what I’m assuming.

I remember last month there was an NFL team that brought in medical experts to talk to the players about vaccines and answer any questions they might have and afterword there were still players going "I just need time to get all the facts".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

gradenko_2000 posted:

I feel like a lot of people are going to react to this with horror, but as far as I'm concerned it's an example of the child learning to ape motions and movements that she sees in her family (which is, you know, what a child DOES), combined with sanitizing stations being so ubiquitous that it shows that the public messaging on hand washing/sanitizing stuck (even if it technically isn't so helpful against COVID in particular)

Acknowledging the existence of negative circumstances in your life and adjusting your behavior to compensate for them is a sign of mental illness and horror is the natural reaction.

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

Mayoist Third Condimentist

BIG HORNY COW posted:

Flying for the first time since 2019 and the guy next to us on the plane did the whole "If I eat and drink constantly I don't have to wear a mask" move.

Before we pulled away from the gate I bought another respirator and a shitload of p100 filters from zoro and had them shipped to our destination so my girlfriend has one to wear on the flight back lmao

holy hell that would be so stressful. just have to trust you're protected.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

honestly, pretty cute

Apr 7, 2003

Thoguh posted:

I remember last month there was an NFL team that brought in medical experts to talk to the players about vaccines and answer any questions they might have and afterword there were still players going "I just need time to get all the facts".

The joke is that NFL stands for "Not For Long" and the average player career is 3.3 years.

The guys like Cam Newton are the exception, every 53 man roster is full of guys who are making league minimum to be a human battering ram and they'll get vaccinated because they have no other choice.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Thoguh posted:

forgot what team it was but one of them brought one of the people directly responsible for creating the vaccine in the first place and they still left with “nah need more deets”

the person even offered to stay and explain in more detail!

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Zokari posted:

hundreds of millions of people have gotten vaccines

when exactly do antivaxxers think theyre gonna start dropping dead or w/e they think

They already have and it's readily available on the CDC website, the (possibly Jewish?) media is suppressing it!

(they assume anyone that has died at any point after receiving the vaccine died from the vaccine)

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Thoguh posted:

Pretty sure they brought in one of the creators of the Covid vaccines and they still had that response. Lol

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

Thoguh posted:

iirc the vikings brought in joe biden's own doc osterholm to convince star quarter back kirk cousins that the vaccine isn't a product of satan

https://twitter.com/RzstProgramming/status/1423348896978374659

ofc nothing changed and the coach helplessly replied "woof" as a response then all 3 quarterbacks tested positive for COVID a couple weeks later

kirk is still employed bc reasons

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Crunchy Black posted:

are we sure its because of that and not because New England is secretly racist?

bill sees all of his players as replaceable tooling so absent anything else id honestly doubt it

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Thoguh posted:

that team was the Minnesota Vikings and their QB (Cousins) still thought building a popemobile around himself was safer/more practical than getting the vax

RE: booster shots not affecting overall supply

there was an interview with a Missouri ER doctor on Brigham Young Money I listened to yesterday where they described how not getting the shot/shots have basically become a part of tribal identity now. he has stopped trying to sell people on the shots because they have no reason other than "true Americans don't get it". at this point it is perverse to keep shipping the vax out in massive numbers to those regions so it can go bad and get thrown out months later

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 371 days!

zegermans posted:

They already have and it's readily available on the CDC website, the (possibly Jewish?) media is suppressing it!

(they assume anyone that has died at any point after receiving the vaccine died from the vaccine)
I keep seeing the VAERS website being referenced as to see the *real* vaccination death totals

You can post whatever you want on that website

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i have some questions for respirator crew --

Is the HF-802SD in the op still recommended?'
How are these things sized?
Can I keep my lovely goon beard? :pray:
How often do the fancy p100 cartridge filters need replacing?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

crepeface posted:

i've been trying to convince my friends who are posted in the US from australia to get their booster 'max titers style' but they want it all official on their records. :negative:

they're booked in for november (roughly 6-7 months off shot 2) and they're fairly safe but not on this thread's level.

isnt 6 months off shot 2 fine? thats what i was planning to do since it lined up neatly with flu shots anyway...

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7002274482236738821

lmao

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

i have some questions for respirator crew --

Is the HF-802SD in the op still recommended?'
How are these things sized?
Can I keep my lovely goon beard? :pray:
How often do the fancy p100 cartridge filters need replacing?

yes
its complicated get the large first if you are going to guess
no
when they are hard to breath through

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

VomitOnLino posted:

Since we're exchanging CRACK/PINGS and other helpful ideas here anyway:

How do you goons deal with your hair?
Mine is so long now I can tie it up into a pony tail which is annoying as gently caress and probably accelerates my male pattern baldness lol.

I'd just use my buzzer to cut it but there's two problems with that:
1) My buzzer is kinda poo poo and gives up half way through - that was fun finding that out in the early days of the pandemic...
2) Even as I eventually managed to complete it manually, I realized that I had a skull shape that makes me look like a cross breed between KZ escapee and potato

a goon recommended some awesome scissors to me so we bought them and a kit and now my wife & I cut each other's hair (and our baby's). it's great and saves a lot of money. she's gotten as good as a salon IMO, at least for my specific wannabe ryan gosling haircut, and i've gotten pretty good at dyeing and bleaching too lol

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
In the age of COVID shaving is good and cool again.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

used to be able to get a vacuum attachment for wahl clippers that was like 10 bucks. ours broke during the pandemic and we tossed it thinking just buy another. turns out they don’t make them anymore.

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004
if youre new to respirator crew:

click 2 embiggen

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Thoguh posted:

I need more time to google "what the doctor said" + "lies" + "horse paste"

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Can’t you tuck your fu manchu there’s no need to take such drastic measures

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

In Training posted:

isnt 6 months off shot 2 fine? thats what i was planning to do since it lined up neatly with flu shots anyway...

i believe 4-8 months is the current figure the CDC was landing at so based on my faith in that hallowed institution, i went with 4 months. i think i saw something about titer levels dropping after 4 months.

also, i have no idea about what circumstances will be like in 2 months and i'm a worrywart about exposure so...

also i've liked ur avatar for awhile now

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
n/m

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Can you mix Moderna and Phifer vaccines, and after your second shot when should you get the booster?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Broke: Debate & Discussion fighting for pages on end on whether Republicans or Democrats are to blame.

Woke: They both are failing and there is no excuse.

Apr 7, 2003

Covok posted:

Broke: Debate & Discussion fighting for pages on end on whether Republicans or Democrats are to blame.

Woke: They both are failing and there is no excuse.

Joke: No one's going to do anything about it

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Feldegast42 posted:

Can you mix Moderna and Phifer vaccines, and after your second shot when should you get the booster?

take both at the same time

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

stone soup posted:

if youre new to respirator crew:

click 2 embiggen

I wanted to do the Zappa, but because my beard just covers the whole area beneath my lip, I've got what's more of a combo Walrus and Soul Patch at the moment.

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

BeefThief posted:

it just dawned on me that next month's "antivaxx right wing radio host dies of covid" will be "child of outspoken antivaxx school board mom dies of covid" and that's unfortunate.

why did all the radio hosts get infected at once anyways? was there a big "lovely talk radio con 21" they all went to and spit into each other's mouths at?

fake edit: was it sturgis

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Joke: No one's going to do anything about it

Cspam gets it

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

CaptainBeefart posted:

Pretty sure they brought in one of the creators of the Covid vaccines and they still had that response. Lol

Should have brought the creator of Covid instead imo

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Was the 3M 8212 ever looked at by the thread? It's not a full fledged respirator but it has the same faceseal thing that the half masks do.
https://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/7379O/particulate-respirators-8212-and-8512-n95.pdf

Looking at them for family that don't want to go with a respirator.

Covok
May 27, 2013

turd in my singlet posted:

why did all the radio hosts get infected at once anyways? was there a big "lovely talk radio con 21" they all went to and spit into each other's mouths at?

fake edit: was it sturgis

bUt KiDs DoNt GeT sIcK fRoM cOvId

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

CaptainBeefart posted:

Washington Football Team

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/557718-washington-football-team-has-vaccine-scientist-speak-with

quote:

After the visit from the vaccine scientist, Washington defensive end Montez Sweat expressed that he still had a hesitancy to getting vaccinated, USA Today reported.

“I’m not a fan of it at all,” Sweat said during a Zoom call on Wednesday. “I won’t get vaccinated until I get more facts.”

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

the vaccines are still quite effective after as much as a year, though obviously delta hasn't been around that whole time so we don't know everything. my take is that since it will inevitably be a huge pain in the rear end not to have the booster recorded, and I don't feel like getting four shots in 9 months because we have no data on that, I'm just keeping my risk low by being careful behaviorally and wearing a good mask.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

fosborb posted:

j&j HIV vaccine just failed trials, showing just how loving lucky we were with sarscov2 vaccines

cool we're squandering that

i will know that I am having the fever dreams of covid death when we come out the other side of this, and as a treat, everyone get's a free HIV vaccine too. the world sucks and fucks until the sea reclaims what doesn't burn.

Did anyone else not get bad side effects from boosting? I got j&j first, so i decided to get a full course of an mrna vax. 2 doses of pfizer later, vary mild side effects. mostly sore injection site. it's making me worry that I might need to boost again, or i somehow caught a chud pharmacist that gave me a shot of saline.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

net work error posted:

Was the 3M 8212 ever looked at by the thread? It's not a full fledged respirator but it has the same faceseal thing that the half masks do.
https://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/7379O/particulate-respirators-8212-and-8512-n95.pdf

Looking at them for family that don't want to go with a respirator.

I'd say that's an upgrade from a surgical or cloth mask, but it's also only N95, as opposed to a P100 cartridge on a respirator

but if it gets your folks to wear a (better) mask, I'd say go for it

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

LionArcher posted:

here’s an open secret about frozen one. nobody, and I mean nobody at the studio or in the biz thought it was a good movie or worked.

but let it go. a loving song saved it.

IMO they broke out of the hetero love, damsel in distress mold and got rewarded for it. not that any lessons were learned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
I might have missed it in the last thread, but what was the response online and for any teachers here when the American Federation of Teachers and the National Education Association came out in support of in person learning?