Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Andorra posted:

My favorite part of that conversation is how at the beginning they're laughing thinking Cabin's making a joke, which turns into confusion as they realize he's not.

Hahahah sure enough, I forgot that they clipped it for Youtube. Also since this is pre-when they started ads, I'm reasonably sure this is the very first occurrence of Little Spanish Flea in the show's run.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HBNfIMO7zg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
Relive the magic... of cinema!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HBNfIMO7zg

edit : drat, beaten. but now you can relive it twice!

ricro
Dec 22, 2008
One Perfect Shot

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Jesus I could listen to these nyc dirtbags do dirtbag nyc accents all day long.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
New Lifetime episode is high tier stuff. It more than makes up for a lot of “meh” stuff I feel they’ve released recently.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

BigglesSWE posted:

New Lifetime episode is high tier stuff. It more than makes up for a lot of “meh” stuff I feel they’ve released recently.

Yeah I almost skipped this one but for real this is a must listen.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

explosivo posted:

Yeah I almost skipped this one but for real this is a must listen.

All the jokes about the pink hat and the main guy being a dumbass are great

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

The Vosgian Beast posted:

All the jokes about the pink hat and the main guy being a dumbass are great

It’s just a crazy kind of bad which I feel they work best with.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I'm glad to hear that they spent sufficient time discussing Deadly Mile High Club's main character (the hat)

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The hat in question, btw

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Houston we have a problem indeed.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

explosivo posted:

The hat in question, btw

:yikes:

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

explosivo posted:

The hat in question, btw

Pictured: a movie from 2020

Gun to my head I thought this movie was from the early oughts. Totally crazy this movie came out last frigging year.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
If this movie was on a streaming service I had, I would have watched it by now because it sounds amazing

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

They totally missed an opportunity to investigate why Mad Max and R.O.T.O.R. have the same drat poster art. What kind of conspiracy is this????

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
The latest lifetime thing... the crew actually undersold how crazy the movie really is . That sure was an experience .

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

admataY posted:

The latest lifetime thing... the crew actually undersold how crazy the movie really is . That sure was an experience .

Lifetime movies have been off their tether for a while now. Vivica A Fox stars in a series of "Wrong" movies (The Wrong Stepmother, The Wrong Student, The Wrong Cheerleader, The Wrong Teacher - I'd keep going but there are twenty three of these) and she plays a different character in each movie whose not the main character but is the character that walks into the room at the very end, looks down at the villain's body and says "Looks like they were The Wrong ______" as the credits start. Some of the Wrong movies reuse locations and b-roll in a way that suggests they're in the same universe and that there's multiple discrete Vivica A Foxen commenting over wrong people's bodies. It's unhinged.

I've posted this before but I cannot stress enough how great it's been watching Lifetime fully shift from weepy melodramas about true stories to campy suburban exploitation films

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuQCtzxIQwA

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

The Vosgian Beast posted:

If this movie was on a streaming service I had, I would have watched it by now because it sounds amazing

If they're doing a movie I've never seen, I enjoy poking around for a YouTube review or something that gives me a visual and some audio to match up with it. For obvious reasons, I like the shows they do for stuff I've already seen the most. But...

Some of the poo poo they've riffed on that I never saw but made me laugh has led me to go look up material/reviews just to get more...'focused' on it I guess...and put some of the pieces together. Like, I watched James Spader's entire video of "We Walk the Night" from Tuff Turf, a mash up of "Cyber Seduction", highlights of "Over the Top" and a review of that kangaroo "Warriors of Virtue" movie just to wrap my head entirely around things and it increases my enjoyment. "Sabotage" made me laugh so I went and watched the "what the gently caress you loving gently caress dick gently caress face fucker" highlight reel and was not disappointed.

Then I'll usually go do a re-listen for those episodes with all that poo poo now planted deep in my head and it'll not only feel like a fresher experience but makes it even funnier. If they're doing something I know (typically a WLM or a really well known film), it's easier to be all in right away but some of this poo poo needs to be seen to be believed.

Like, they made me go look at a clip of Wilfred Brimley on wild horseback chasing down John Claude Van Damme with a bow and arrow behind a wall of explosions and a curtain of fire.

So put a price on that.

TL/DR: It's a visual medium but an audio show so I suggest putting in some prep work prior to an episode you know nothing about just to whet your appetite.

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Aug 29, 2021

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
The one time I decided to watch something in preparation for an episode(s) it was for Beverly Hills 90210.
Never again.

On the other hand last summer I spent a lot of time watching a lot of movies that made for classic episodes like Hard Target, Perfect Strangers and Hard to Kill and let me tell you that was an incredibly good time so my opinion is that watching a movie after an episode is a better idea.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I’m not always into the Nexus but this ep is great. Klingon Holiday songs, that’s all I say.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Ooooh at the top of the Thunderdome episode

Resident Evil is the season 12 opener, very excited. really have wanted them to go through the series for awhile. I also have a tremendous soft spot for the first one in retrospect

also the banging in the background of the audio of this Thunderdome is atrocious. Why would you give the viewers microphone access for a live event over the internet. Thats nothing but trouble.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Calaveron posted:

The one time I decided to watch something in preparation for an episode(s) it was for Beverly Hills 90210.
Never again.

On the other hand last summer I spent a lot of time watching a lot of movies that made for classic episodes like Hard Target, Perfect Strangers and Hard to Kill and let me tell you that was an incredibly good time so my opinion is that watching a movie after an episode is a better idea.

Yeah I agree and I have to be in the right mood to watch 90-120 minutes of something totally horrible but usually a y/t mashup gives me a general idea and some visuals to match up with the episode that helps me enjoy it more.

Since you mentioned 90210/Melrose, which I've never seen a second of, I poked around for some highlights and was surprised to learn that Billy doesn't sound anything at all like the impression they do of him.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

BiggerBoat posted:

Since you mentioned 90210/Melrose, which I've never seen a second of, I poked around for some highlights and was surprised to learn that Billy doesn't sound anything at all like the impression they do of him.

:lmao:

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

It actually makes it funnier.

Only think I know about those 2 shows is from WHM

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Billy may not sound like that, but he looks like he sounds like that.

Billy and how much they hate him is my favorite part.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Fezz posted:

Billy may not sound like that, but he looks like he sounds like that.

Billy and how much they hate him is my favorite part.

Absolutely. Every once in a while, I wonder if cows eat apples and chuckle to myself.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
It’s definitely nostalgia, but I legit enjoy 90210. The only thing that bums me out is we won’t get to hear their take on Ray Pruitt for a long time. Ray is portrayed by Jamie Walters, who was some kind of teen heart throb musician, but is, without a doubt, the WORST actor to ever appear in either 90210 or Melrose. Worst by FAR. And he is in at least a whole season.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

I'm just bummed they moved the Melrose210 stuff to the higher tier Patreon. Maybe I need to upgrade but right now every dollar feels precious and there are TONS of podcasts out there competing for my attention.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

BiggerBoat posted:

I'm just bummed they moved the Melrose210 stuff to the higher tier Patreon. Maybe I need to upgrade but right now every dollar feels precious and there are TONS of podcasts out there competing for my attention.

It's good and cool to stop giving Lowtax $5 per month and use it for the Walsh Tier.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Iron Crowned posted:

It's good and cool to stop giving Lowtax $5 per month and use it for the Walsh Tier.

Thank you for reminding me to cancel that, but it turns out I already did.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

dorium posted:

also the banging in the background of the audio of this Thunderdome is atrocious. Why would you give the viewers microphone access for a live event over the internet. Thats nothing but trouble.

That’s what it was? Good god

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm glad September's WLM is Memento. The last (and only) time I watched it was like 16 years ago, so this will give me an excuse to rewatch it.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Who got that Big Daddy Discharge?

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

I gotcha.

Episode 565 — Resident Evil
Episode 566 — Hiding Out (1987)
Episode 567 — Varsity Blues
Episode 568 — Single White Female with Jourdain Searles

Patreon Episodes:
Patreon Exclusive We Love Movies — Memento
Animation Damnation — Pound Puppies: "Cooler, Come Back" (s2, e13)
The Nexus: TOS: "The Ultimate Computer" (s2 e24) TNG: "Booby Trap" (s3, e6)
Gleep Glossary: General Grievous
Melr0210: 90210: "Pass, Not Pass" (s2, e6) Melrose Place: "End Game" (s1, e26)

Also a very cool and good thing: all their tour shows venues will be requiring proof of vaccination. I'm not in that part of the country sadly, but I'm glad they're keeping the dates on while also adding that level of safety.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Hell yeah Grievous

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

BiggerBoat posted:

You are missing out on the life time movies. This months episode is amazing. That Fucken hat

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Rageaholic posted:

I'm glad September's WLM is Memento. The last (and only) time I watched it was like 16 years ago, so this will give me an excuse to rewatch it.

It holds up far better than I ever imagined when I watched it over quarantine.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Holy poo poo I think Neil Blomkamps ‘Demonic’ is prime worst of 2021 material. Just front to back. Ridiculously bad and such a fall from grace.

Like I wasn’t a huge fan of Chappie but I know it has fans and all that. There is some level of craftsmanship. This doesn’t have that.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

So the day after the Big Daddy Dispatch came out with a poster for Roland Emmerich's Moon Wobble, this came out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSPMC6jNEho

:tinfoil:???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Momento is fantastic. I didn't know that was up for debate or that there was some Nolan backlash regarding it.