Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The Oldest Man posted:

Right on loving schedule, guess who just published a long rear end op ed the thesis of which is "don't you dare ask for a loving booster you don't have the data"

Classic gish gallop, flooding the zone with poo poo:
a) by now we'd have REAL DATA. which is to say, the real data we do have on waning efficacy isn't enough, we need a controlled randomized trial of a booster to the same level as the original vaccine trials for this credulous shitbird to acknowledge that boosters are necessary.
b) "all this is not to say that" gosh golly gee we just can't possibly know and I, a humble NYT opinionist, am merely here to fog the zone further with my own baseless speculation that you should listen to
c) "millions around the world" you are a moral criminal for wanting a booster so that you don't get sick when there are starving orphans in Africa
d) "those laid up in bed for a week" explicitly minimize the negative outcome people are trying to avoid as simply an inconvenience. a nasty breakthrough means you loving die, dogg, not that most americans can afford to be bedridden for a week anyway without losing their job and possibly their home.

That article was hilariously stupid since due the Israelis doing all the legwork, there's no need to "Wait on the Science".

If you combine vaccine induced immunity waning with Delta you start getting a big correlation between new cases and people requiring hospital level care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

has delta peaked

when is delta peaking

oh

I remember back in July, now was supposed to be the peak (I know I know :thejoke:) but things have gotten so much worse has the peak been shifted forward a few months?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

mawarannahr posted:

DEATH

PAIN

DEFEAT

BEDLAM

this motherfucker looks like every evil scientist from Canadian scifi shows. he basically is too.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

etalian posted:

That article was hilariously stupid since due the Israelis doing all the legwork, there's no need to "Wait on the Science".

If you combine vaccine induced immunity waning with Delta you start getting a big correlation between new cases and people requiring hospital level care.

sorry, no one did a large scale controlled randomized trial on boosters starting from before Delta existed, therefore, you can't make such spurious claims about the need for boosters and furthermore :words:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Atrocious Joe posted:

this motherfucker looks like every evil scientist from Canadian scifi shows. he basically is too.

I guess his full proof plan never anticipated that it would be his libertarian / alt rights friends being the first ones to go?

Like ancient conservative talk show radio hosts.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Seriously. I don't like to comment on people's appearances, but like he just exudes supervillain energy. It's the sinister grin. So it's not even like something he can't help. Those are just unflattering photos. Especially the first.

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Pillowpants posted:

Can we ban the posting of Nate Silver twitter feeds in this thread?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
the biden wave

open biden

joe-vid

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

goth smoking cloves posted:

Children are incorporeal until thier 18th birthday

We've had it all wrong, it was really COVID +19 :ghost:

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

if America continues to handle delta stupidly I might as well enjoy WFH,

kind of want October to be totally at home so I can chill and watch spooky movies and read spooky books

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
The Biden Genocide or The Massacre of the Innocents 2

Call it what it is.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Pillowpants posted:

Can we ban the posting of Nate Silver twitter feeds in this thread?

Ain't Nathan doing

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

raisin kane posted:

a lil walk down memory lane

:qq:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

we can't do boosters in the US because that would keep vaccines from the developing world!

Also lol no we will not help developing countries set up their own vaccine production facilities.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

if America continues to handle delta stupidly I might as well enjoy WFH,

kind of want October to be totally at home so I can chill and watch spooky movies and read spooky books

I'm looking forward to another few months of not dealing with middle managers face to face.

I need a status on something that was actually completed hours ago...

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
lol Matty

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1432806684506853376?s=20

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

etalian posted:

I guess his full proof plan never anticipated that it would be his libertarian / alt rights friends being the first ones to go?

Like ancient conservative talk show radio hosts.

My full proof plan mostly consists of bourbon but I've got some Scotch too

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

The Biden Genocide or The Massacre of the Innocents 2

Call it what it is.

renaming Death Stranding's BTs (Beached Things) to (Bidened Things)

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

matty hittin the sauce and all crack pinged out

zero fucks left

one billion americans won't be realized because covid is cramping matty's style

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Atrocious Joe posted:

we can't do boosters in the US because that would keep vaccines from the developing world!

Also lol no we will not help developing countries set up their own vaccine production facilities.

We won't even give them an IP waiver so they can do it themselves lol

But yeah sure let's make rando individual people in the US wanting to not get sick and die the enemy of the developing world instead of the pharma companies and their billionaire shareholders who lobbying every day to make sure they can't benefit from life-saving technology.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Koirhor posted:

beards are unclean and lead to loose morals

*stares at you amishly*

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Lastgirl posted:

matty hittin the sauce and all crack pinged out

zero fucks left

one billion americans won't be realized because covid is cramping matty's style

I'm ready for the ONE TRILLION AMERICANS sequel myself

Gotta raise the stakes

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Also evil: individuals buying rapid tests at CVS causing a shortage rather than Abbott protecting Number by throwing tens of thousands of tests in the chipper

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Lastgirl posted:

missed opportunity to call it JOE-VID

clown loving nation

u deserve this

Joe Versus the Volcano (of covid)

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

WampaLord posted:

The Biden Wave Pool

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

Crazypoops posted:

I don't know what they doped me with but my colonoscopy was the best I've ever felt in my life

Same, they pushed whatever it was into my IV and about the last thing I remember was them asking me if I felt okay and saying "oh yeah, this poo poo is coming oonnnnnnnn"

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
was journalism ever a real profession?

journalist bluechecks are such a rogue's gallery of pathetic losers it makes me wonder if the entire field of journalism has ever actually deserved credibility

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Casey Finnigan posted:

was journalism ever a real profession?

journalist bluechecks are such a rogue's gallery of pathetic losers it makes me wonder if the entire field of journalism has ever actually deserved credibility

woodward and bernstein taking down nixon was probably the peak of jorunalism

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Lmao just got out of an after hours client company appreciation social since despite being outside it was a bunch of old white dudes drinking 1 foot apart under a small roofed park building packed like sardines. I'm not going into that cesspool of unvaccinated idiots and thankfully my boss agreed with me and ranted about people not getting vaccinated

C-SPAN Caller fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Aug 31, 2021

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Lmao

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

Mayoist Third Condimentist

I honestly didn’t realize he got so much hate, wow

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

ridin the biden wave

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

Schmoe Cwead posted:

ridin the biden wave

COVID was just Biden it's time all along.

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

gently caress you, Shoresy!

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

getting really tired of these troll posts on twitter saying "PLEASE loving HELP US WE'RE DIEING" and "AAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH"

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
just met a for real horse paste guy

Jfc

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

sure a million people have died, but the content

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Consummate Professional posted: