Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sonic Dude
May 6, 2009

mattfl posted:

I have not noticed any build quality issues so far.

That’s good. I had myself all worked up about it before delivery, and all I saw in the first week or so was a coat hook that didn’t stay latched. When I got under the bright lights in the service center I thought the back door looked weirdly aligned, assumed it was the angle of the lights but mentioned it to the tech, and they got that looking perfect as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

bird with big dick posted:

I can’t believe the Mach-e GT review embargo still hasn’t been lifted but I think this week is when they’re going to start getting delivered to customers in serious numbers so maybe tomorrow? Really want to see some 0-60 and 1/4 numbers and reviews of the magneride suspension.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...00-02-mph.9031/

Doesn't sound great at the moment.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
That's a 4.12, (3.8 with a 1ft roll) in the safe driving mode, not the track mode.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

The guy says he weighs 125 lbs more than the 'average' driver and didn't even have it in track mode. That's pretty drat quick considering those two factors

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

PIZZA.BAT posted:

The guy says he weighs 125 lbs more than the 'average' driver and didn't even have it in track mode. That's pretty drat quick considering those two factors

you know that means he weighs like tree fiddy or so goddamn

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Average (American) weight is 181 lbs :eyepop:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Average (American) weight is 181 lbs :eyepop:

CDC posted:

Men 199.8lb
Women 170.8lb

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
Apparently subaru dropped some teasers https://www.subaru.com/solterra-ev

Aiming for mid-late 2022. Unsurprisingly it's looking similar to the toyota bz4x

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Long front overhang and lots of gundam angles. :argh:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

The 0-60 isn't bad, the big problem is the trap speed, 100 is just miserable. Model Y Performance's are 113 or 114 if I recall correctly.

Is it possible his car is actually defective?

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Model Y Performance's are 113 or 114 if I recall correctly.

That is pathetic for a car claiming 450hp.

e: ah terminal speed at the quarter mile? I take it back

knox_harrington fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Aug 31, 2021

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

mattfl posted:

Tesla has the car buying process that everyone should strive towards

Like three months ago they were double-charging people the full purchase price. Bitcoin. Rejection due to condition = back of the line. The list goes on.

I totally get not wanting to deal with the standard dealership model, but Tesla certainly doesn't have the solution figured out. I am glad your experience was great...everyone I know with a Tesla has had a good experience but the hiccups are worth keeping an eye on.

Edit: Looks great in that color, too.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Ola posted:

Long front overhang and lots of gundam angles. :argh:

Yep. Pretty Toyota-ugly.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The 0-60 isn't bad, the big problem is the trap speed, 100 is just miserable. Model Y Performance's are 113 or 114 if I recall correctly.

Is it possible his car is actually defective?

He mentions in his post that it seems like the top speed was limited to 100 mph in the mode he was using, which was not the track focused mode.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

YOLOsubmarine posted:

He mentions in his post that it seems like the top speed was limited to 100 mph in the mode he was using, which was not the track focused mode.

Ya, there was definitely some kind of computer fuckery going on. Even if there was a 400 pounder in the drivers seat it should be trapping around 110.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

YOLOsubmarine posted:

According to him the mode he was is literally called Unbridled so if it has an additional speed limiter on it then just lol at the irony. And Unbridled should give the best 1/4 times from what I’ve read, the other mode (Unbridled Extended) is for twisty tracks, not drag strips, according to everything Ford has released about it.

Of course we’d probably know more if there were any professional reviews to be had.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Are there really people that care about (as in: base their purchasing decision on) track times for some weird SUV thing? Seems unlikely and about as relevant as ID.4 GTX track times.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Kinda dumb to pay 60 or 70 grand for the performance variant of a vehicle if the performance is lovely.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Oh, it’s Fame Douglas

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Buying a performance SUV is pretty dumb in the first place.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

It’s not an SUV it’s a height enhanced hatchback.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

It’s not an SUV it’s a height enhanced hatchback.

According to Ford

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Fame Douglas posted:

Are there really people that care about (as in: base their purchasing decision on) track times for some weird SUV thing?

Yes.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

dissss posted:

According to Ford

Ford also calls it a Mustang.

:colbert:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

According to the EPA it’s a Small Station Wagon.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Track times for my weird SUV thing are a safety feature

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Fame Douglas posted:

Buying a performance SUV is pretty dumb in the first place.

Wrong. Trollblazers for life.

Elem7
Apr 12, 2003
der
Dinosaur Gum
The Mach-E really is more of a slightly tall hatch. Sure the height is on the low end of CUVs but the ground clearance is less than some sedans and its due to the battery pack which is where a lot of the weight is, the center of gravity on the thing is probably better than some cars.

As someone who was interested in the GT but is opposed to pre-ordering anything, let alone a $70k car, I also find the review embargo still being in place frustrating and feel like Ford has done this in the past at least with the Fusion Sport which ended up being a turd. The most frustrating thing is that it feels like for many lower volume sport trims on cars across the industry the only way to get your hands on one in a timely manner is through pre-ordering.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

MrYenko posted:

Ford also calls it a Mustang.

:colbert:

It’s the most Mustang to ever Mustang

The Mustang has always been the ür-pretender car. This simply pushes it to its logical conclusion

It’s really kind of art, if you think about it

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
You call that a Mustang? Now this is a Mustang!

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Ok Comboomer posted:

It’s the most Mustang to ever Mustang

The Mustang has always been the ür-pretender car. This simply pushes it to its logical conclusion

It’s really kind of art, if you think about it

:hmmyes:

Fair point.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Elem7 posted:

The Mach-E really is more of a slightly tall hatch. Sure the height is on the low end of CUVs but the ground clearance is less than some sedans and its due to the battery pack which is where a lot of the weight is, the center of gravity on the thing is probably better than some cars.

Unless we get differently shaped cells or figure out some packaging miracle we're gonna have mostly faux-crossover or low ground clearance vehicles.

Speaking of fake, the render only company has a physical model at the Petersen Automotive Museum.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGELzaE6ZTc
It's still fake.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Fame Douglas posted:

Are there really people that care about (as in: base their purchasing decision on) track times for some weird SUV thing? Seems unlikely and about as relevant as ID.4 GTX track times.

Buddy I'm gonna be dyno'ing my stock TBI 454 Suburban later this year. :lol:

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Charles posted:

Unless we get differently shaped cells or figure out some packaging miracle we're gonna have mostly faux-crossover or low ground clearance vehicles.

Speaking of fake, the render only company has a physical model at the Petersen Automotive Museum.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGELzaE6ZTc
It's still fake.

My immediate thought was they stole Marty Mcfly’s truck.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

According to him the mode he was is literally called Unbridled so if it has an additional speed limiter on it then just lol at the irony. And Unbridled should give the best 1/4 times from what I’ve read, the other mode (Unbridled Extended) is for twisty tracks, not drag strips, according to everything Ford has released about it.

Of course we’d probably know more if there were any professional reviews to be had.

The AWD extended range traps 103-104 so there’s something wonky going on.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Maybe it accidentally shipped with the wrong software and the review embargo is there until Ford can push the right software to the press fleet.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Finger Prince posted:

Maybe it accidentally shipped with the wrong software and the review embargo is there until Ford can push the right software to the press fleet.

even if that's not what's specifically happening with this dude for sure this is what is happening in general, and also in the future, since Ford is constitutionally incapable of shipping decent software

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I just think it's kind of weird there's a review embargo on a car that's already in the hands of customers.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Godholio posted:

Like three months ago they were double-charging people the full purchase price. Bitcoin. Rejection due to condition = back of the line. The list goes on.

I totally get not wanting to deal with the standard dealership model, but Tesla certainly doesn't have the solution figured out. I am glad your experience was great...everyone I know with a Tesla has had a good experience but the hiccups are worth keeping an eye on.

Edit: Looks great in that color, too.

Ya I get what you're saying.

I had it ceramic coated yesterday and it looks even better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

mattfl posted:

Ya I get what you're saying.

I had it ceramic coated yesterday and it looks even better.

Did the body shop have to clean nano ceramic out of the panel gaps? :P looks great