Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIr4DttjpSg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Pastry of the Year posted:

I am gonna check out Hypnospace Outlaw.

oh my god this game is incredibly well-crafted, I am smitten

please fill out the following survey from a 1990 issue of VG&CE

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

i want to say that can't be real but it's 2021 and i don't know what's real anymore

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Lori Beth Denberg was underrated.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Having to watch Doug would put me on suicide watch too.

I say this, having not watched it in over 20 years, but the loving theme song is still in my head :argh:

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

fartknocker posted:

Having to watch Doug would put me on suicide watch too.

I say this, having not watched it in over 20 years, but the loving theme song is still in my head :argh:

https://youtu.be/te4UbTUPoAg

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

dialhforhero posted:

She was the best part of All That to kid me, but she didn't seem to have a career afterward like so many others.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

BaronVonVaderham posted:

She was the best part of All That to kid me, but she didn't seem to have a career afterward like so many others.

Luckily that's a good thing since it means Dan Schneider didn't want to gently caress you

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Pastry of the Year posted:

oh my god this game is incredibly well-crafted, I am smitten

please fill out the following survey from a 1990 issue of VG&CE

My Atari 1040ST was kick rear end. While my friends were thinking Nintendo was cool, I could play games that were Neogeo quality. 8mhz Motorola 68000 4 life yo!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Len posted:

i want to say that can't be real but it's 2021 and i don't know what's real anymore

I remember it being real because I was a pretty suicidal kid and I remember being very :hmmyes: to that one.

But I also might have a really lovely memory.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I was reminded recently of the trend to keep the tags on your clothing, especially hates, that existed in the early 90s. I always assumed it was to make people think you stole it, but apparently it was to show that yes I am so rich i can have things that are right off the shelf at all times.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

I was reminded recently of the trend to keep the tags on your clothing, especially hates, that existed in the early 90s. I always assumed it was to make people think you stole it, but apparently it was to show that yes I am so rich i can have things that are right off the shelf at all times.

And to show off the price tags

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Ok Comboomer posted:

And to show off the price tags

The dilemma of either following the trend or letting everyone know your mom got that sweet Jordan Jersey half off at Target.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

twistedmentat posted:

People still leave all the stickers on their hats for some reason I don't understand

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Len posted:

People still leave all the stickers on their hats for some reason I don't understand

I know the shiny gold one that goes on the brim stays if you're keeping it flat.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

The dilemma of either following the trend or letting everyone know your mom got that sweet Jordan Jersey half off at Target.

You put a fake price tag on it

(or take it off and just let the printed msrp show)

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

I know the shiny gold one that goes on the brim stays if you're keeping it flat.

You mean you don't eat the sticker along with the rest of it, like a kiwi?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

madeintaipei posted:

You mean you don't eat the sticker along with the rest of it, like a kiwi?

This post reminded me of an infamous series of threads and one particular admin who had to eat a hat and also fruit were involved, but it may have been before your time depending on when you started lurking

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Ok Comboomer posted:

This post reminded me of an infamous series of threads and one particular admin who had to eat a hat and also fruit were involved, but it may have been before your time depending on when you started lurking

Am I going to regret asking about this?

Ah, fuckit. What?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

madeintaipei posted:

Ah, fuckit. What?

Flask fuckin'

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Len posted:

It's a signifier that they're a dumbass teenager

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
Man, I miss Abe. He presided over so many classic Forums moments: Flask Fucker and the Fruit Hat, Goon Love is The Best Love, TwoWorlds....Did he get cancelled or something?

Or did he just grow up/get fed up and leave one day?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

dialhforhero posted:

Nothing like watching her own a bunch of 8 year olds on Figure it Out.

"Yeah it was obvious from the moment I saw you that you let your dog drink milk from your mouth"

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Ok Comboomer posted:

Man, I miss Abe. He presided over so many classic Forums moments: Flask Fucker and the Fruit Hat, Goon Love is The Best Love, TwoWorlds....Did he get cancelled or something?

Or did he just grow up/get fed up and leave one day?

He got owned on twitter by a 14 year old and slinked away to lick his wounds, never to be seen again.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

evobatman posted:

He got owned on twitter by a 14 year old and slinked away to lick his wounds, never to be seen again.

lol he’s probably posting under a different handle

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

madeintaipei posted:

Ah, fuckit. What?

Abe said he'd eat a hat if someone did something in a mod challenge.

He did make a serious effort to look into if there was any kind of hat he could eat without being dangerous, but since there was not he had a hat made out of fruit. Many goons did not accept this because they wanted Abe to die though.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

evobatman posted:

And somehow, one of the cast members from Two and a Half Men was involved.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Abe said he'd eat a hat if someone did something in a mod challenge.

He did make a serious effort to look into if there was any kind of hat he could eat without being dangerous, but since there was not he had a hat made out of fruit. Many goons did not accept this because they wanted Abe to die though.

In order to prove that his Carmen Miranda-style fruit hat was a hat, he wore it to the mall.

He tried to look into whether he could take a felt or fabric or leather hat and, like, boil it to make it edible. Thankfully he did not poison himself by eating clothing dyes and textile materials.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Awww, was this, like, a magazine for homeless people? :3:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
My favorite Abe thing was when the forums were signing up for Lowtax's Patreon in droves to support the forum he gave something like 1400 dollars to Lowtax even after he hadn't been posting for years. Abe is the most owned man on earth and couldn't resist one final self-own

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/wekbmvj.gifv
90’s gaming stress

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
1 joystick shooting! The very best of the 90s

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

watch that gif and listen to this and you can be 13 and completely stressed out all over again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtBsUnsDc5k

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Whens the last time anyone has heard from the Swedish Bikini Team?

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

AmbassadorofSodomy posted:

Whens the last time anyone has heard from the Swedish Bikini Team?

Team member Heather Elizabeth Parkhurst appeared on Ken Reid's TV Guidance Counselor podcast on April 22, 2015 and discussed the Swedish Bikini Team at length.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

evobatman posted:

Team member Heather Elizabeth Parkhurst appeared on Ken Reid's TV Guidance Counselor podcast on April 22, 2015 and discussed the Swedish Bikini Team at length.

Well that’s a load off

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZtSeqNloYM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Well that’s a load off
The Swedish bikini team is well known to ease loads, iirc.

What was with that weird 80-90s thing where Swedes were super sexualized, anyway?