Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

kater posted:

I don’t really buy the ‘oh they from honkai of course they popular’ thing because I don’t think honky has nearly enough pull to make a dent and also I don’t even see the connection. Maybe they share va’s or something but like the connection is basically the lightning gods from both games have the word lighting in their name. I don’t buy the similar faces argument cuz like every character in these games looks the same. Very little actually distinguishes them all.

That said Honkai Impact is an absolute joy to play through and you can pretty much ignore the gacha completely and experience a fun storyline that they’ve spent five years or whatever making. Like you can see the game grow as you make progression and that is incredibly neat. Also it’s a cute and fun story that does it’s best to make you like the characters and you do.

There is like one very weird piece of equipment that basically flashes it’s underwear at you maybe ten minutes into the game but that is absolutely the lewdest thing in the game and it never does that again and it’s so off putting that it’s there that I feel the need to even point this out cuz it sucks and anyways this disclaimer is almost as long as the words I wrote about the game being fun but it is and cool and you can ignore the gacha completely gently caress the gacha which is good because it’s much worse than Genshin’s is.

yeah i started playing honkai again after a long break and it still owns. a bunch of launch S ranks that i had are meta still even, what a blessing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Boat Stuck posted:

And with how much content the game has, I wouldn't mind paying $5/month for the Welkin pass. Many years ago, I paid $15/month for WOW for a year, and this would only be 1/3 the price for an arguably higher quality experience. It's also nice that the pass does not auto-renew.

Ask me again after 1 year of gameplay wrt gacha being good or bad. Since every banner is limited I feel like eh, no real motivation to save for a particular hero unless they are exceptionally unique and even then we get the constant slap fights :v:

I feel like out of all the gacha games it's almost impossible to gather currency like 30 primogems a day when a single roll is 160 feels pretty funny.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Boat Stuck posted:

And with how much content the game has, I wouldn't mind paying $5/month for the Welkin pass. Many years ago, I paid $15/month for WOW for a year, and this would only be 1/3 the price for an arguably higher quality experience. It's also nice that the pass does not auto-renew.
welkin only is the wise man's way to play the game. welkin + battle pass is slightly less wise, but much less annoying because it rewards you with heaps of poo poo you need to level characters. spending any more than that is stupid.

it's honestly more fun being f2p or a low-spend account. lots of whales, including myself, make welkin+bp only alt accounts and find the challenge restores some of the fun of the game. when you get to the point where your brainworms compel you to get a c6 zhongli supporting a c6 ganyu, nothing in this game is challenging anymore

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alder posted:

Ask me again after 1 year of gameplay wrt gacha being good or bad. Since every banner is limited I feel like eh, no real motivation to save for a particular hero unless they are exceptionally unique and even then we get the constant slap fights :v:

I feel like out of all the gacha games it's almost impossible to gather currency like 30 primogems a day when a single roll is 160 feels pretty funny.

30 a day? You get 4 commissions for 10 + 20 if you do all of them. And then you have almost multiple events between every two patches, most of them rewarding primos.

I've seen F2Ps accounts screenshots that accumulated tens of thousands primogems.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I do Welkin + BP, made an exception for the resetting first time bonuses on the first four gem packs (but haven't spent those yet) and I have all but 5 characters. (Qiqi, Klee, Ganyu, Hu Tao, Yoimiya)

It's not bad if you pretend 5* constellations do not exist.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

30 a day? You get 4 commissions for 10 + 20 if you do all of them. And then you have almost multiple events between every two patches, most of them rewarding primos.

I've seen F2Ps accounts screenshots that accumulated tens of thousands primogems.

Just counting Daily you take 240 days to hit 90 pity.

Now you never go that long because it is rare that will you go to the full 90 and other sources of Primogems exist.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Daily income is trash but events are pretty consistently good. Patches usually end up being 8000+ primogems for f2ps and only ~2500 of that is the daily gems.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Remind me, is this the game where the banner won't actually be live until tomorrow? Ot is that Honkai?

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Sep 1, 2021

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Soothing Vapors posted:

Remind me, is this the game where the banner won't actually be live until tomorrow?

Nope, there's an update dropping in the next few hours, and the banner will be live at the same time

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

gandlethorpe posted:

Nope, there's an update dropping in the next few hours, and the banner will be live at the same time

Nice, must be a different game I'm thinking of. Thanks

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Mid patch banners are the ones that come out at weird times depending on region.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Boat Stuck posted:

anyways, about the game

I hesitated a long time before playing this, because people kept complaining about how bad the gacha system was. In fact couple months ago I tried it for an hour, and decided that this isn't for me.

But more recently I picked it back up, mostly because I wanted something that I can play both on my computer as well as on my new phone that could actually make full use of a Snapdragon 888, and also because I figured as long as I make a conscious effort to not be completionist, the gacha system shouldn't bother me much.

I'm glad I tried it again, because the game itself is great, and the gacha implantation is honestly not that bad. You get a decent selection of characters with the starter quests, and it seems like--as long as you haven't hit endgame yet--there are plenty of free pull opportunities.

Got all these within the first ~15 hours without spending a penny. I'm satisfied.

Welkin is the best value cash shop thing by far but it's only ~18 extra pulls per 30 days which (for me) isn't really significant or gameplay-changing enough to be worth going non-f2p. It feels like the game is really tuned around whales and you won't get anything major from the cash shop without dropping hundos+.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

gandlethorpe posted:

they fooled me with the chinese timezone once again

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Is Aloy coming out with the patch tonight or tomorrow?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Aloy *should* be with this patch, but only for PS4/PS5 players. The rest of us with only PC accounts will have to wait until 2.2.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
Dumb question because I've been ignoring all the account linking stuff as not relevant until now: if I have a ps4 but have never once touched Genshin on it, can I still load the game after the patch, log-in/link to my existing PC account, and get Aloy?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

King of Bleh posted:

Dumb question because I've been ignoring all the account linking stuff as not relevant until now: if I have a ps4 but have never once touched Genshin on it, can I still load the game after the patch, log-in/link to my existing PC account, and get Aloy?

yeah

the first time you launch genshin it has a little pop-up, you agree to the first one and then the second has an option to link your mihoyo account via email and it'll launch a browser for you to do that. idk if you need same email between your existing genshin account and psn, mine was.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

One of the things I've enjoyed the most about Inazuma is the soundtrack and I'm looking forward to what we'll get with the new bosses and such. The Childe fight may be old hat at this point but I really dig the "duel" feeling it gets from its BGM.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
So wait Aloy is free to PS owners and then is "made available to players on other platforms in the 2.2 update." Does that mean she'll be on a banner but only the PS owners get the free Aloy? oof

I wish this game had more metrics like the previous spiral abyss info. Would be nice to see which characters did how much damage, healing, etc after a domains.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
I doubt Aloy will be on a banner, she'll just release later if you're not on PS

afaik she has no constellations

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

quote:

▌Phase II

After the Version 2.2 Update – Before the Version 2.3 Update Maintenance (2021/11/24 05:59 (UTC+8))

During the event, Travelers who log into Genshin Impact on any available platform, and who have yet to obtain the character during Phase I will be able to obtain Aloy directly through in-game mail.

she's free but you have to log in before 2.3

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Sanctum posted:

So wait Aloy is free to PS owners and then is "made available to players on other platforms in the 2.2 update." Does that mean she'll be on a banner but only the PS owners get the free Aloy? oof

I wish this game had more metrics like the previous spiral abyss info. Would be nice to see which characters did how much damage, healing, etc after a domains.

She's free for everyone starting in 2.2, until 2.3.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
If I play on PC but have access to a PS4 is there a painless way to just download and log in once to get Aloy?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Scoss posted:

If I play on PC but have access to a PS4 is there a painless way to just download and log in once to get Aloy?

As long as you don't have a separate Genshin account already linked to your PSN account, yeah. I think this tells you how to link your account so you can just log in on PS4 to get Aloy: https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/news/detail/12389

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I know nothing about PSN but I think someone mentioned that you could, in theory, make an alt PSN to link your account to if you already got screwed out of it on your actual PSN? Same concept could work if you just wanna grab Aloy as early as possible??

Miles Vorkosigan
Mar 21, 2007

The stuff that dreams are made of.
Picked up Baal in the first ten roll, now what am I supposed to do with everything I've saved up??? :confuoot:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Hit hard pity and whiffed on Qiqi C1. But the next pull got me Raiden so not bad.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Miles Vorkosigan posted:

Picked up Baal in the first ten roll, now what am I supposed to do with everything I've saved up??? :confuoot:
Constellations, says the hideous voice in the back of everyone's minds

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
Pulled Mona like three pulls into the banner, WTF. I'll have to recheck the history when it gets added but I think that's three five-stars I've gotten in less than ten pulls. :wtf:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
https://i.imgur.com/3eSOOtZ.mp4

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

classic psn download speeds means no way do i lock down aloy tonight, rip

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Sanctum posted:

She's free for everyone but PS4/5 players get her a month ahead of everyone else.

I hear that she's got like 5 names so good to know what they're going with now.

Anyway I think those Inazuma robots needed to be nerfed more than the Kairagi because I'm stupid and rely on Zhongli to not take damage rather than learn how to fight them and they do shitloads of damage without a shield.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
holy cow this island looks badass

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Yay, won the 50/50 on this one (and just barely through finishing a 10-roll through turning star-thingies into wishes). Now I have a good place to put my Skyward Spear.

In zero rush to level her up; probably just going to chip away at it and do the boss once or twice a day until I get deeper into the BP and it starts giving me a bunch of XP books.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
Dropped 50ish wishes and no luck yet so I'll have to save up more to hit pity, but snagged C1 Sara and an unexpected C0 Sayu :toot:

"Only" two wasted XL constellations so far..

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
I got Keqing'd again, faaaaack.

At least I got my Xiangling C4 and Sara C3 out of it I guess, as well as some great weapons, like

*checks notes*

A dragons bane, 3 rainslashers, and the Bell!

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
exciting lighting

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

hmm maybe ill pull a bit more and try for some more sara constellations

lol, really nice ordering on these 20 pulls too so i get the 100% on the next one

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Raiden Shogun on my first wish.

No pity even :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

padijun posted:

exciting lighting

Can't wait to find out what the gently caress is happening on hell island.