Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

hambeet posted:

someone thinks scomo's on a winner strategy

couple of days ago:

today:

Never underestimate labors ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...
If I started a political party, got enough members and accepted donations could I then theoretically discover the numbers of prominent politicans and constantly spam (say 3 times a day) messages at them that just say 'you are poo poo, authorised by the Aussies hate poo poo pollies party' from multiple numbers? Would that be allowed under the spam act?

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
crikey posted craig kellys number in a free article earlier so you're free to give it a go that way

https://twitter.com/crikey_news/status/1432542415739625472?s=20

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011
May I get an auspol discord server link please?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Centusin posted:

crikey posted craig kellys number in a free article earlier so you're free to give it a go that way

https://twitter.com/crikey_news/status/1432542415739625472?s=20

Just resulted in a message straight from their automated system.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Not that I particularly want to make fun of someone for their weight but Craig Kelly looks more and more like Thunder blowing himself up with each photo

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

I was genuinely shocked when I found out Craig Kelly wasn't from far north Queensland. He 100% looks like the kind of guy who played a few years for the Cowboys, retired early from injury and went off to commentate on Fox or something.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

TheMostFrench posted:

I had some family members saying that the media should have stopped focusing on the Brittany Higgins stuff and just let politicians do their job, as though it was the fault of the media for bringing too much attention to the subject, instead of the government being a cesspit that were finally caught out on their horrible bullshit.

Let's not forget the whole thing about that staffer who filmed himself masturbating on his female boss' desk and all the people who went to bat for him.

Still loving skeeves me out.

On a similar topic, there was a brief article in the Herald Sun today (it's in our break room and sometime I angry-read it) about a woman who has been forbidden by the courts from publicly naming the man who sexually assaulted her despite him already being found guilty.

Apparently he's appealing, so it just wouldn't be fair to allow a man (who has been found guilty in a court of law of sexually assaulting someone) to suffer any form of discomfort until he has exhausted every avenue in his efforts to find a judge who hates women as much as he does.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Aug 31, 2021

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
I got the Craig Kelly text, wasn't he a pretty early early horse paste adopter?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Cpt Soban posted:

May I get an auspol discord server link please?

https://discord.gg/3AcZRBTu

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

The Peccadillo posted:

I got the Craig Kelly text, wasn't he a pretty early early horse paste adopter?

You adopted it, I was born in it etc etc

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Did Palmer and Kelly get vaxxed? At least we can all look forward to these corpulent old fucks getting fisted by delta once we open er up.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Missed this yesterday, but:

https://twitter.com/JoshButler/status/1432478684976275468

Launchpad McQuack
Oct 21, 2010

Mouthing off all while our health system implodes. He needs to look in his own backyard before telling other people how to do their job. It would be nice if the media would at least question him on it too.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

gay picnic defence posted:

Did Palmer and Kelly get vaxxed?

Almost certainly vaxxed. You think those hypocritical fucks will practice what they preach?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Just want to thank Gladys for giving Victoria the opportunity to break its lockdown happy culture, it's great to be here, shame we won't all make it but ahh well a few eggs, gold standard omelettes.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

As well as the spam texts, Craig Kelly is following the Palmer handbook coz I just saw my first Youtube Ad for him.

Essentially it was "lockdowns = bad. Freedoms = good. Liberals and Labor = bad" So not as racist or inflammatory as the old Palmer party ads ... yet.

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011
Victoria:

Cases in 28 days: 1116
Deaths in 28 days: 0

New South Wales:

Cases in 28 days: 17,464
Deaths in 28 days: 81

Source: https://www.arcgis.com/apps/dashboards/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Meanwhile Gladys:

quote:

NSW Premier says case numbers in the state have been kept low

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-31/covid-live-blog-nsw-press-conference-victoria-lockdown/100419350#live-blog-post-1203279760

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

BrigadierSensible posted:

As well as the spam texts, Craig Kelly is following the Palmer handbook coz I just saw my first Youtube Ad for him.

Essentially it was "lockdowns = bad. Freedoms = good. Liberals and Labor = bad" So not as racist or inflammatory as the old Palmer party ads ... yet.

It's only a matter of time until he's posting poorly made Dragon Maid memes on Facebook

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

freebooter posted:

I was genuinely shocked when I found out Craig Kelly wasn't from far north Queensland. He 100% looks like the kind of guy who played a few years for the Cowboys, retired early from injury and went off to commentate on Fox or something. you see sitting at the bar in the RSL that always tries to talk to anyone getting a beer that totally got picked to play first grade after high school but knocked up the misso so had to get a job as a brickie instead

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Launchpad McQuack posted:

Mouthing off all while our health system implodes. He needs to look in his own backyard before telling other people how to do their job. It would be nice if the media would at least question him on it too.

He is, though. It's the feds and the national media who are trying to tell him how to do his job.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

ShoeFly posted:

Political parties are exempt from most of the Spam Act apparently. I also lodged a complaint with ACMA
I submitted a complaint to them too.

Launchpad McQuack
Oct 21, 2010

freebooter posted:

He is, though. It's the feds and the national media who are trying to tell him how to do his job.

Armadale Hospital ED was down 8 staff the other night, my sister in law was stuck in the isolation work for 9 hours by herself, no support, no toilet break and nothing to drink. There is literally no one to back these people up. She is looking for jobs outside of nurse now, because she knows it is not going to get better. She is one of the most highest trained and capable ED nurses in the country.

I am a volly ambo in the wheatbelt, transfer times are blowing out because when we drive all the way to the city there is no one to receive the patient. Vollys are out of town for up to 12 hours at a time, which is ridiculous, we have family, jobs and commitments, so no one if doing the transfers now, we are only responding to emergencies and maybe RFDS flight, but one of them blew out to 7 hours and 3 different country airports the other night. The ambulances in the city are constantly needing maintenance because all of the equipment in it is charge by the alternator from the ambulance driving around. They are spending so much time ramped, up to 9 hours, the are running out of charge. Remember we can't leave the ambulance even to go the toilet because if something happens our partner has to deal with it on their own. It is getting to the point where if you call for help, we are gonna be a while, cause we are all at the hospital.

The worst part is everyone we tell doesn't believe us and tell us Mark McGowen is doing a great job, it is infuriating. Then rather than fix his poo poo and goes out and makes statements bagging the gently caress out of all the other leaders. The prick had the gall last election to announce a 1.5 billion surplus when the health system was a dumpster fire. The dude is running Donald Trumps playbook but he is competent.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Launchpad McQuack posted:

The worst part is everyone we tell doesn't believe us and tell us Mark McGowen is doing a great job, it is infuriating. Then rather than fix his poo poo and goes out and makes statements bagging the gently caress out of all the other leaders. The prick had the gall last election to announce a 1.5 billion surplus when the health system was a dumpster fire. The dude is running Donald Trumps playbook but he is competent.

i mean i mentioned this a while ago saying that WA got through this via sheer luck, as yeah hard border good and all, but our medical capabilities & tracing facilities to deal with an outbreak if it happened were hosed, and everyone just went "nah mate hard borders state daddy"

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
In summary, WA is a land of contrasts

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Sure the WA health system might be falling apart even without covid this is the stuff that keeps you popular

https://twitter.com/jennamclarke/status/1432851249636937729

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Almost certainly vaxxed. You think those hypocritical fucks will practice what they preach?

Craig Kelly might be a true believer. He is very stupid.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

AHAHAHAHHA suck poo poo eddie

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Anything that causes pain, discomfort, or injury to Eddie "Adam Goodes should play King Kong" McGuire is a good thing for society.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

On my ride back from the vaccination yesterday I saw a big billboard for a Victorian state MP with the slogan "Freedom not Fear" on it.

Just cargo culting the fundamentalist bullshit from the states.

All while Morrison keeps using phrases which are oblique references and phrases linked to conspiracy movements and Q bullshit.

I've said it before but if you actually check out the Facebook pages of some of these Liberal/National members it's insane. Not just the prolific ones like Kelley, Christensen, Canavan et al, but random backbenchers at state and federal levels.

These people (and more importantly their staff) know how to engage on these platforms and the insane boomer conspiracy feedback loops created on them. Not only are the posts they make arguably criminal (why do pollies get away with demanding action against lockdowns and stoking public unrest while others get attested?) but the moderation is awful and the comments are just as toxic as you'd expect.

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

quote:

NSW records 1,116 new local cases
There were also four new deaths, all women who weren't vaccinated. One was in her 50s, one was in her 60s, one was in her 70s and the other was in her 80s.

Not empty quoting

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Lots of women seem to be the one's dying to covid. No wonder the LNP supports letting it rip.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
23 new cases in Canberra, lockdown was extended by two weeks yesterday, it doesn't really feel like we're getting on top of it. The lockdown needs to be much harsher to get back to zero, too much poo poo is open and we're getting too many cases from essential workers.

Woolies/coles in particular should be delivery only imo

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Christ Gladys, it's not an ICAC Enquiry

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Periphery posted:

Lots of women seem to be the one's dying to covid. No wonder the LNP supports letting it rip.

The correct terminology is "let 'er rip" sadly.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Halo14 posted:

Christ Gladys, it's not an ICAC Enquiry

loving should be

Tomberforce
May 30, 2006

I'll eat my hat if Alan Jones, Clive Palmer and bigwigs like Tucker Carlson aren't vaccinated. I reckon Craig Kelly is at least sincere in his idiocy and is a prime demographic to join the host of conservative radio hosts in the US who realized they made a mistake as their lungs shut down.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Dan basically conceded that Vic will never get on top of this.

Next even remote loosening of restrictions will be 23 sept when the state hits 70% first dose.

poo poo's going to be hosed until xmas and lots of people will die.

gently caress you gladys.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

one dose does gently caress all to delta and shouldn't mean ANYTHING apart from being arbitrary landmarks. No restrictions at all should be loosened (in NSW or Vic) until 80% double dose, or preferably until the vaccination daily doses starts to drop off, indicating that the vast majority of people who want to be jabbed, are.

But hey, that would be the bare loving minimum of competent management, so we're poo poo out of luck in Australia.

Personally I think restrictions should be remain pretty tight until 80% 3 dose sometime next year, the science is pretty much in that the three dose schedule is required. Even then our most vulnerable are going to face a harder world and that totally sucks, there's no truly happy ending here.

Chadzok fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Sep 1, 2021

PalaNIN
Sep 19, 2004

LRLRRRLLRRLRLRLRRLRLR
Yeah I feel like this was just releasing the pressure valve so that there's some kind of vaccination target to aim for - I'm glad the changed restrictions are as small as they are.

Giving up on getting numbers down is a bit poo poo though - I seriously thought we had a chance of getting closer to zero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Brain boom.

Love to work in super lovely insecure work while studying and just not be able to pay bills and be totally let down by both the federal and States governments inability to support people through the loving plague.

TammyHEH fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Sep 1, 2021