Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Kazinsal posted:

coupons and deals, obviously. buncha preverts in there I tell you hwat

I like how Coupons & Deals is both PYFs and BYOBs enemy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

They should be everyone's enemy since they encourage us to to engage in frivolous spending

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I just want good deals on USB cables dang it. My dog keeps ruining micro USB cables by running around the table.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Scarodactyl posted:

SA moderation has moved in a weird direction. The touch has gotten so soft that mods are apparently agonizing over easy decisions, as if (for instance) any reasonable person would not want someone like sleeveless permabanned. The result is a repeated failure to defend the community.
I genuinely miss Sleeveless and the way he was able to bring everyone together.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Sham bam bamina! posted:

His spirit lives on in the piles of frivolous reports he makes, cluttering the report queue with bullshit.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Kazinsal posted:

His spirit lives on in the piles of frivolous reports he makes, cluttering the report queue with bullshit.

He's already reported this post 5 times.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Sham bam bamina! posted:

I’ve always kind of liked the posters that are just awful because they can show up in a thread that’s a giant slapfight and suddenly everyone is united in dunking on them. Sleeveless, Three Olives, Irish Joe, iluvlortab… all infuriating but they sure had a knack for that.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
We must annex the travel forum

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Shoehead posted:

I just bought the only copy of this I can find on blueray on Amazon thanks to this post. What a great thread

Same, I’ve never even seen Manos but it made me want to.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

all of you are cowards. if you wont join me in raiding the admin forum you will never know true glory

shelley
Nov 8, 2010

JacquelineDempsey posted:

A minor saga that we just missed the anniversary of: when goons ordered a pizza to Joe Biden's house. Obama was about to announce him as running mate, so Biden's house was surrounded by press and security. GBS decides to see if a pizza guy can make it through the cordon while we watch on live tv.

After a couple years of lurking, I'd just finally reg'ed a couple weeks prior, so I have a soft spot for that one, since I got to watch that thread in real time. Babby's first saga. :allears:

this was pages and pages ago, but I finally got around to digging up this thread and it is terrific

things get started here

Pledio posted:

Does anyone know Joe Biden's address? I think it would be hilarious if someone called in a bunch of pizzas to the house next door just to gently caress with reporters.

as it turned out, Petey did have Biden's address

I just thought this post was funny:

Russell William Thorpe posted:

If we're prank ordering Pizza for Joe Biden, at least have them put arugula on it

the pizza gets ordered

and then, at 4:03 pm...

OldSenileGuy posted:

HAHAH THERE HE IS

EDIT: Come on, deliver it already!

yes, the pizza was delivered on live television -- or at least that's allegedly what this screenshot shows

and at 4:06...

Pledio posted:

oh poo poo the delivery driver is calling me

WHAT DO I SAY?

and a couple hours later, MSNBC put up a short article about the mystery pizza delivery

so there's a saga for you: The Time D&D Sent Joe Biden Pizza

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I meant like the old days, when goons would raid other websites forums, tbh

but I'm sold on raiding the admin forums now. DEATH AND GLORY!!! :black101:

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

shelley posted:

this was pages and pages ago, but I finally got around to digging up this thread and it is terrific

things get started here

as it turned out, Petey did have Biden's address

I just thought this post was funny:

the pizza gets ordered

and then, at 4:03 pm...

yes, the pizza was delivered on live television -- or at least that's allegedly what this screenshot shows

and at 4:06...

and a couple hours later, MSNBC put up a short article about the mystery pizza delivery

so there's a saga for you: The Time D&D Sent Joe Biden Pizza

those article comments are a real blast from the past

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

i cant even tell if that guy is pro mccain or pro hillary

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
It was semi recent and i think in TFR or AI where a mod posted some "ill show you" poo poo and probed themselves by accident. Does anyone know what im talking about? I just remember the original exchange was funny.

Edit: i wanna say the mod had oral surgery or something that day and was on something for pain.

UwUnabomber has a new favorite as of 05:11 on Sep 1, 2021

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Stexils posted:

those article comments are a real blast from the past

I like all the proto chud posts. Also all the goons tripping over themselves to claim credit.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Skulk Hogan posted:

It was semi recent and i think in TFR or AI where a mod posted some "ill show you" poo poo and probed themselves by accident. Does anyone know what im talking about? I just remember the original exchange was funny.

Edit: i wanna say the mod had oral surgery or something that day and was on something for pain.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3932649&pagenumber=150&perpage=40#post514096054

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

No one but the moderators gets to tell who can and cant post in a thread. Let me give you an example

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

quote:

This accidental probe brought to you by painkillers! :rip: User loses posting privileges for 1 day.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Roth posted:

Rated 5

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

So, everyone knows the goon sign/countersign of stairs/protected, and most people know it comes from this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E0ot9iJm_k

But did you know that the video came from an old lowtax ICQ prank?

https://www.somethingawful.com/icq-pranks/icq-transcript-space/1/

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Oh my god its so good. Thank you.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Mods probing themselves, gonna go blind.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Zil posted:

You okay there Pastry?

The only thing wrong with me is my apparently firmly-held belief that a soap commercial I remember from twenty years ago is, like, common memetic currency.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

The steroids posts read like just less famous versions of Joe koppenhaver
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3PLLOreTLY

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
You could always stir up some old rivalries and invade Drew Curtis's fark.com, which inexplicably still exists

lil bip
Mar 13, 2004

That ain't workin', that's the way you do it

The Saddest Rhino posted:

The steroids posts read like just less famous versions of Joe koppenhaver
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3PLLOreTLY

the internet makes you something something

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Does anyone remember some terrible webcomic guy showing up in BSS back in late 00's, very upset about an Awful Link of the Day article, because it was his webcomic being featured? What I can remember is that they gave of strong "I really wish I was Warren Ellis" vibes and a load of terrible "yeah hurt me more I'm so cool, yeah!" posting and the comic itself was very basic, all done in angular shapes like it was entirely designed by someone just shat out of a mid-00s Ad Designer school.

They ended up doing a bunch of screeds against SA on their webcomic, after getting banned for unhinged posting, I think.

Edit: holy poo poo I remembered it, it was Sarah Zero. Some searching on the forums got the original posting stuff in the general Webcomics Thread that kicked off things: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=2767210&pagenumber=105&perpage=40#post344574836

Keru has a new favorite as of 14:27 on Sep 1, 2021

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

lil bip posted:

the internet makes you something something

/Receives a resume for one Kevin Bowen/

So I see here... you worked at an online game website in the 90s... and a large blank spot from 2001-2012.

*sweats nervously*

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Keru posted:

Does anyone remember some terrible webcomic guy showing up in BSS back in late 00's, very upset about an Awful Link of the Day article, because it was his webcomic being featured? What I can remember is that they gave of strong "I really wish I was Warren Ellis" vibes and a load of terrible "yeah hurt me more I'm so cool, yeah!" posting and the comic itself was very basic, all done in angular shapes like it was entirely designed by someone just shat out of a mid-00s Ad Designer school.

They ended up doing a bunch of screeds against SA on their webcomic, after getting banned for unhinged posting, I think.

Edit: holy poo poo I remembered it, it was Sarah Zero. Some searching on the forums got the original posting stuff in the general Webcomics Thread that kicked off things: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=2767210&pagenumber=105&perpage=40#post344574836

Oh, I remember that train crash! I like how the webcomics threads have ended up with memes, edits and sagas of their own that are completely incomprehensible to outsiders. I also hate myself for recognising almost all of them.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

barbecue at the folks posted:

Oh, I remember that train crash! I like how the webcomics threads have ended up with memes, edits and sagas of their own that are completely incomprehensible to outsiders. I also hate myself for recognising almost all of them.

At some point the author dropped by a different iteration of the Webcomics thread around 2015, I want to say. And they still were mad about Something Awful, and made incomprehensible satirical comics about it.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Keru posted:

He appears to be still going, and very concerned about ethics in webcomics or something:

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
thank you so much for reminding me about sarah zero. i love how upset that guy is about SA still

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
THE DENIGRATION OF VIDEO GAME CULTURE,

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
t h o u g h t c r i m e

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

steinrokkan posted:

He appears to be still going, and very concerned about ethics in webcomics or something:

That's from 2014.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Why does he specifically mention TEXAS SHARPSHOOTERS? Big fan of the UT shooter?

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019
so i went and had a look at this Sarah Zero webcomic. it's kinda lame, tbh

like, i kinda get why some people (at least whoever wrote the article on the bad webcomic wiki, which coincidentally is the first result when you google "sarah zero webcomic" :v:) give it props for style, but i honestly don't think it has that much going for it style-wise (not to mention everything else, but i'm not gonna touch on that). obviously, the author tried (keyword: *tried*) to make it as stylish as possible to the best of their abilities; however, it ends up collapsing onto itself in its try-hardiness. there is no lightness, no true playfullness to it, just regurgitation of techniques and elements that are commonly associated with "stylish look". it's a facsimile of artistic intention; an empty shell made of glitter and futile attempts at disguising the author's lack of technical proficiency

also, i'm pretty sure the author also wrote the TVTropes article, and it's somehow even cringier than the webcomic

nurmie has a new favorite as of 20:38 on Sep 1, 2021

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

nurmie posted:

also, i'm pretty sure the author also wrote the TVTropes article, and it's somehow even cringier than the webcomic

Man, the tvtropes mock threads were always great before they went completely loving insane because of pages like this one. At least on this one they wrote a page for a piece of media they actually created, though, and not just a bunch of things perpetually in the ideas phase.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
My favourite TV Tropes page is the one for Arcade Pit, because one guy made it with the really obvious intention of plugging his own poo poo (hint, he's the only one on the "contestants" page with tropes listed!), and after it was discovered, a bunch of Arcade Pit fans starting putting all sorts of weird poo poo on it. I think "Yellin' Time" is still listed as one of the competitions

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
didn't the ginger ale diner bear comic creator get really mad and make legal threats, too?

what a loving stupid string of words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
whaaaaat