Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

They were pretty consistent that the PMC were corrupt and then in S2 it was basically the B plot most of the season and has the one character they want you to care about quit and admit she was wrong about them being any good at all. And then they just ended them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Is Doom Patrol a reboot of the Titans episode? Seems weird that they ditched, like, most of the cast and even changed the house

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

omg chael crash posted:

Is Doom Patrol a reboot of the Titans episode? Seems weird that they ditched, like, most of the cast and even changed the house

Who'd they ditch other than the Chief?

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

My bad, I thought Rita and Negative Man were new actors

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Barry Convex posted:

I'm sure I've said this before, but Titans feels like it's trying to be a comic-book-y, fantastical, cheesy soap-opera CW superhero show and a grounded, gritty, violent Marvel Netflix show at the same time, and I remain thoroughly unconvinced that those are compatible tones
I kinda feel like Gotham somehow did this (and even good old Arrow to some extent) but they started on one end and gradually transformed into the other

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

I don’t care for the casting but I really like this Bruce Wayne. Kind of weird, kind of broken. Old.

The Bruce Wayne episode in season 2 is hilarious

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just want to see him be Batman.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
This week's What If was a solid story but a little underwhelming on a visual standpoint. There were a few flashes of cool poo poo, don't get me wrong, but I was kind of expecting them to go whole hog nutso for a Strange VS Strange battle in animated form.

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

OnimaruXLR posted:

This week's What If was a solid story but a little underwhelming on a visual standpoint. There were a few flashes of cool poo poo, don't get me wrong, but I was kind of expecting them to go whole hog nutso for a Strange VS Strange battle in animated form.

Really, I’m the complete opposite. I thought it looked great, but I’m not sure the story worked at all. There were some character beats I really liked a lot, and I laughed a few times, but I think this was probably my least favourite episode so far.

Maybe it will grow on me after a rewatch.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

omg chael crash posted:

According to Crisis, the Doom Patrol of their own show is a different universe than the Titans universe. Hence Chief being different and swapping out Beast Boy for Cyborg.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

There are five more episodes left of What If. From promotional stuff, the concepts remaining seem to be:

- Killmonger saves Stark.
- Marvel Zombies/Sorcerer Supreme Spider-Man.
- Ultron obtains the Infinity Stones.
- Iron Man goes to Sakaar.
- Gamora takes over for Thanos.

The Gamora one might just be part of the Ultron episode.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
This week's What If was actually pretty wild. Plot wise I wasn't on board at first. When he time traveled and just drove again, I was going mental. Like surely you'd think to do literally anything else. But when the loop started, I was on board. The split was cool. The visuals were awesome. The kind of thing we can get in animation that would be just way harder live action without looking dumb. Uatu actually being a character was not what I expected and was a fun treat. RIP that universe.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Rhyno posted:

I just want to see him be Batman.

I’m only half way through season 2 but I just assumed he would be in the suit at some point? Guess not

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Gavok posted:

There are five more episodes left of What If. From promotional stuff, the concepts remaining seem to be:

- Killmonger saves Stark.
- Marvel Zombies/Sorcerer Supreme Spider-Man.
- Ultron obtains the Infinity Stones.
- Iron Man goes to Sakaar.
- Gamora takes over for Thanos.

The Gamora one might just be part of the Ultron episode.

Iron Man and Gamora taking over for Thanos are the same episode. The episode you left out is the Party Thor one.

Also for what happened in this episode, I'm pretty sure that it's setting up Uatu having to intervene in the last episode. Having him interact with one of the characters means it'll happen again. And I think there have been promo shots of characters from previous episodes together fighting Ultrons, so that seems like a safe bet for the finale.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I was kind of expecting Strange to find his way out by recreating his MCU origin. Kind of surprised that he blew up the universe.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I think Benedict Cumberbatch might be the best animation voice actor out of all the main characters we've seen yet. A lot of them have sounded a little stilted, he sounded totally natural in animation.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sebastian Stan was definitely the worst of them so far. He was just straight up bad.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

X-O posted:

I think Benedict Cumberbatch might be the best animation voice actor out of all the main characters we've seen yet. A lot of them have sounded a little stilted, he sounded totally natural in animation.

He’s practiced a lot with Mr. Underhill.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

muscles like this! posted:

Sebastian Stan was definitely the worst of them so far. He was just straight up bad.

Reminded me of the stories about celebrities losing look-alike contests.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
this is the first one where i don't actually have much to say. decently enjoyable, wong is cool, magic effects work well with animation. that's about it

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

I was kind of expecting Strange to find his way out by recreating his MCU origin. Kind of surprised that he blew up the universe.

This is exactly what I was expecting. I can't save her without still making a sacrifice myself. It's for the greater good.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I did not like the facial animation in this one and thought the start was really slow. The ending made up for it, but still my least favorite.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

X-O posted:

I was thinking the same thing, but I guess he probably has more experience with vocal work than a lot of people.

Medullah posted:

This is exactly what I was expecting. I can't save her without still making a sacrifice myself. It's for the greater good.

Same but I kind of like that they didn't do that. Nope, you hosed up so bad this whole universe is dead, and it doesn't matter how sorry you are or what you're willing to sacrifice, it's too late to fix it.
Also works well with that whole point about his obsession with fixing things being what caused it all to go wrong in the first place

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

I gotta say, I find it funny that that poor tentacle thing from beyond keeps getting its tentacles chopped off!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
In the final scene did anyone think Jeffrey Wright sounded a hell of a lot like Keith David? Like eerily so?

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Sanschel posted:

He’s practiced a lot with Mr. Underhill.

He got really into that role,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu9XPEdBelY

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I thought that was a really good episode. "gently caress it, it's an alternate universe, let's kill everyone and burn it all down" is classic What If storytelling. The only way they could have been more authentic would have been a gratuitous Spider-Man cameo just to kill him on-screen. He was also the voice of, and did the facial acting for, Dormammu. Dude likes mocap I guess.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Retro Futurist posted:

Same but I kind of like that they didn't do that. Nope, you hosed up so bad this whole universe is dead, and it doesn't matter how sorry you are or what you're willing to sacrifice, it's too late to fix it.
Also works well with that whole point about his obsession with fixing things being what caused it all to go wrong in the first place

Yeah, I liked the end. I mean I'm not saying that every What If has to end with gratuitous death but so far the ends of the ones we've gotten are pretty... okay is the word I guess I'm looking for? Like, not necessarily happy endings but just "so this happened and things are different". I mean sure, Uatu says that Earth is doomed when Ego meets Quill at the end of the T'Challa Star-Lord episode but that's not the same as showing it. If you're gonna give me a Dr. Strange loses it episode then I wanna see that guy gently caress things up royally, not have a good him fix it in the 11th hour.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

CapnAndy posted:

is classic What If storytelling. The only way they could have been more authentic would have been a gratuitous Spider-Man cameo just to kill him on-screen.

It all goes just like the original movie, but with Peter getting repeatedly murdered by Dormammu

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

It all goes just like the original movie, but with Peter getting repeatedly murdered by Dormammu

"Dormammu, I've come to bargain, and I've brought Spider-Man too. Don't know why, come to think of i-" *dies violently*"

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Thought the newest episode of What If was the best so far. Some clever writing and a great ending.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

X-O posted:

He's done a lot of radio work in England, and from what I've learned from over the years, a lot of actors underestimate the just how involved audio work is.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I'm still shocked they got the entire Doctor Strange cast back for this episode. I honestly thought they were sound a likes until I looked it up. Cumberbatch's American accent was way better here than in the actual movies.

Dr.D-O
Jan 3, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
I wonder if we'll encounter the evil Strange in the upcoming movie.

Also, what's with the recurring tentacle monster? It's been in two episodes now.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dr.D-O posted:

I wonder if we'll encounter the evil Strange in the upcoming movie.

Also, what's with the recurring tentacle monster? It's been in two episodes now.

Probably Cthon
https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Chthon_(Earth-616)
or Shuma Gorath
https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Shuma-Gorath_(Multiverse)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Greg Berlanti is developing a Dead Boy Detective series for HBO Max.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

I didn’t think there could be a Ravager costume worse than the one from Arrow but Titans always finds a way to impress me

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Greg Berlanti is developing a Dead Boy Detective series for HBO Max.

Of all the Sandman characters that's a surprising one to bring to series

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's definitely a choice to do a live action show about ghost kids seeing as they are going to visibly age pretty quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

It's definitely a choice to do a live action show about ghost kids seeing as they are going to visibly age pretty quickly.

AP Bio is quickly replacing 90210 as the "really? This 35 year old is supposed to be in high school?" show of all time.