Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Droyer posted:

Monkey to humanoid robot transformers* are always pretty boring IMO, monkeys are too close to a human shape for the transformation to be interesting.

*as in robots that transform, not necessarily part of the Transformers franchise.

Counterpoint: Quickstrike. Checkmate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Dawgstar posted:

Counterpoint: Quickstrike. Checkmate.

Quickstrike...isn't a monkey?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Captain Invictus posted:

Optimal Optimus rules wtf

Sure, if we're talking about the redesign he got courtesy of Perfect Effect, cause OG Optimal is loving ugly.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Droyer posted:

Monkey to humanoid robot transformers* are always pretty boring IMO, monkeys are too close to a human shape for the transformation to be interesting.

*as in robots that transform, not necessarily part of the Transformers franchise.

I mostly agree with you, with two exceptions:

1) MP Optimus Primal. It uses the similarity to let it do some fun things in the legs with the various plates moving to reflect the different musculature of the ape and human form.

2) Beast Machines deluxe Optimus Primal. I'm probably the only person who likes this toy, but I find the transformation a total joy because they went completely the opposite of pretty much every other monkeybot and had the robot arms become the ape legs and vice versa. It's surprisingly satisfying moving everything around and seeing just how different the two silhouettes can be.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Hoverboard munkee? No.

Bike munkee? Yes .

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Going to have to get a Wreck-Gar just to see how my different Transformers look on him.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

The MSJ posted:

Bike munkee? Yes .

"Sometimes, stupid works."

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Keldroc posted:

Quickstrike...isn't a monkey?

A bit of a buffoon though.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

SS Slag is beautiful in both modes and I love him

But wow what an absolute bastard to transform

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Can't believe Slag of all the Dinobots would have a difficult transformation.

Looks like a bonus non-canon Studio Series toy was announced.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Keldroc posted:

Can't get with the Dragon Megs take. It's an awesome design even if it is a little odd for him as a character.

Yeah it's not the design exactly, it's the design for the character.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/Diaclone_log/status/1432991620572475392

Aww poo poo

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Sounds like it's an add-on pack:

quote:

Transform the Battle Convoy V Series (sold separately) into the strongest power-up form <Powered Convoy>!

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Phy posted:

Sounds like it's an add-on pack:

Yep
https://twitter.com/Diaclone_log/status/1433006725968367620

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Do you guys like Soundwave? I do.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat
Well, it's certainly been over a year since I was last on SA!

Ended up grabbing Paleotrex the other day and was surprised ay how fun it is(I don't mind partsforming).

Now I wanna' grab multiples and see what kind of horrifying bone-robot I can create!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Joe Fisto posted:

HYPERFIXATION

Love it!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Rhyno posted:

HYPERFIXATION

Love it!

It extends elsewhere. Super fun. I'll have to post photos in the Figure thread.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Joe Fisto posted:

man, get yourself a Cybertron Soundwave. He's fun.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Nodosaur posted:

man, get yourself a Cybertron Soundwave. He's fun.

The big wing boy? He’s hiding in there.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Oh, there he is. My bad.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Nodosaur posted:

Oh, there he is. My bad.

No worries. I am sure I'm missing some, and I am open to suggestions.

I suppose I should get the movie car version at some point.

Edit: It was available on Amazon for 21 bux, so it's mine now.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Give me a month and I'll hopefully have every movie Jason released by NECA to show off...

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I love soundwave too! The scale of the pic is messing with my head though. MP Soundwave looks bigger on my shelf somehow? Maybe because he's only with other MPs.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
The way you all say "rollerblading vtol trex" really does make it sound awesome but I just don't like the actual realisation of it as a design which kind of makes me sad because yeah, it does sound amazing. Having seen a bit more I do kind of like TM Tarantulas, though

Anyway, just watched Code of Hero and it absolutely slaps. I knew that the big event of the episode was coming eventually from osmosis and it being weakly copied in Kingdom but I didn't really know the context of when or why it happened in the story. Really neat that it's in finally revealing what the golden disk contains and Dinobot fighting off all the predacons to literally save humanity in the cradle

Kinda surprised they were able to show him sitting there contemplating suicide at the start of the episode

And hey, he rode Tarantulas like I said I liked him doing with Rattrap! lmao

I got a little misty at the end

SlothfulCobra posted:

I don't know how transmetals were on the show, but I thought they were way cooler toys.

On top of the added functionality that vehicle modes add that increases play value

I can definitely imagine them being more playable toys, yeah. I just don't like the look of them as these characters in the cartoon I'm watching lol

Darth TNT posted:

I never really liked Primal's color scheme.

The blue on Primal's beast mode really messes with me. Something about it and the way they do the texture of it makes it really hard for me to read the lines of his shape for some reason

The MSJ posted:

Hoverboard munkee? No.

Bike munkee? Yes .

This rules

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

The other 2 figures in the Diaclone/Gridman crossover: https://imgur.com/a/AN4pzfN

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Box of Bunnies posted:

The way you all say "rollerblading vtol trex" really does make it sound awesome but I just don't like the actual realisation of it as a design which kind of makes me sad because yeah, it does sound amazing. Having seen a bit more I do kind of like TM Tarantulas, though

Anyway, just watched Code of Hero and it absolutely slaps. I knew that the big event of the episode was coming eventually from osmosis and it being weakly copied in Kingdom but I didn't really know the context of when or why it happened in the story. Really neat that it's in finally revealing what the golden disk contains and Dinobot fighting off all the predacons to literally save humanity in the cradle

Kinda surprised they were able to show him sitting there contemplating suicide at the start of the episode

And hey, he rode Tarantulas like I said I liked him doing with Rattrap! lmao

I got a little misty at the end
Such a good episode.

I'm actually currently watching Kingdom and I'm halfway through episode 5.
While the ride so far has been a significant step up (really not that big of a feat), the way they tried to cash in on Code of a Hero felt weird. It's not even like it's done in a bad way. The episode and sacrifice itself I feel are done competently enough. But they didn't really earn it. This Dinobot isn't Shakesparean. We've never even seen this Dinobot talk with Rattrap. Which makes the call outs seem hollow, even if the scene's itself are competent. The battle itself is pretty cool though.
Also calls to mind the mess of the current Beast Wars comics which obviously haven't done code of a hero yet but also half assed the defection.
Kingdom spoilers I guess?
Also lol at the way BW Megatron just keeps entering the stage from the most insane locations to either suddenly maul or stop someone from furthering the plot. I laughed out loud when he ate Dinobot. Probably not what they were going for. And laughed out loud again when he jumped from a tree.
I'm waiting for a sewer lid or ventilation shaft next.

You really do get a new respect for Mainframe and the writers on that team watching all this.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Darth TNT posted:

Also lol at the way BW Megatron just keeps entering the stage from the most insane locations to either suddenly maul or stop someone from furthering the plot.
*Knock knock.
*Who's there?
*Interrupting Megatron.
*Interrupting M-
*YEESSSSSSSSSSSS

(I am never watching Kingdom please don't @ me if this Megatron doesn't YEESSSSSSSS)

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Phy posted:

*Knock knock.
*Who's there?
*Interrupting Megatron.
*Interrupting M-
*YEESSSSSSSSSSSS

I love this.

And the realization that Darth TNT is totally correct. Love that too.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Darth TNT posted:

Kingdom spoilers I guess?
Also lol at the way BW Megatron just keeps entering the stage from the most insane locations to either suddenly maul or stop someone from furthering the plot. I laughed out loud when he ate Dinobot. Probably not what they were going for. And laughed out loud again when he jumped from a tree.
I'm waiting for a sewer lid or ventilation shaft next.

Megatron channeling Majima from Yakuza was extremely bizarre.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
The new Transformer comics are finally getting good, it took a hell of a long time but it's worth checking out now. There's one with Grimlock in a fantasy world. And if you are wondering what's going on in the main book all I say is there exist a building with legs but a witch does not live within.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

The Last Call posted:

The new Transformer comics are finally getting good, it took a hell of a long time but it's worth checking out now. There's one with Grimlock in a fantasy world. And if you are wondering what's going on in the main book all I say is there exist a building with legs but a witch does not live within.

I read the first 28ish issues within a few weeks and absolutely loved what IDW was doing, then I read the next few issues at release pace and waiting a month between minimal advances was mindbogglingly boring. On the other hand, this weeks issue was great! It had a quick and snappy plot that left me excited for more! Ive also really enjoyed the Shattered Glass book a lot and I found the first issue of King Grimlock boring, but the 2nd issue was good!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

From the PYF Knockoff/Bootleg thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE0vwB7lDtc

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
God those things always look terrible. It’s literally a giant version of a dollar store KO. It’s an OSKO.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

hosed up in the crib transforming Big Bee.
But he's just too big so I put on Transmorphers DVD.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

A lot of kibble and an unreasonable backpack

That’s a no for me

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I didn't realise that Hasbro being slow at revealing toys is this bad now. Just like how I notice none of the next Kingdom wave figures has been revealed yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LhR5wKLTHE

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The guy I sold my Carnifex to like, 5 months ago wants me to pay him the difference between what he paid and what the new edition price listings are set at.

I told him no dice but im genuinely worried he'll get paypal to side with him.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Rhyno posted:

The guy I sold my Carnifex to like, 5 months ago wants me to pay him the difference between what he paid and what the new edition price listings are set at.

I told him no dice but im genuinely worried he'll get paypal to side with him.

That's pretty absurd of the buyer, I mean, do home sellers get asked to comp the difference when market prices fluctuate? Good luck my goon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don't know what the window is on Paypal purchases like that. He paid G&S so can he make a claim after that long?