Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

alexandriao posted:

The people who dont want to rule are probably the best people for it, or something like that

The true heroes are the people who are considerate and don't just snipe threads all willy-nilly (please tell me that phrase isn't -ist)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

necroid posted:

it's way easier than many people think, it's a common misconception. you're replacing your protein sources, not cutting them. personally I eat a lot of chickpeas, lentils, beans, soy etc.

and I'm saying this as an rear end in a top hat who ages ago used to think that every meal needed animals in it, I've eaten meat all my life before this decision and I still know how good it can taste, I simply switched for ethical and environmental reasons

here are some resources but it's not rocket science really, just cook some rice and assorted vegetables however you want them. new stuff like beyond meat and similar is great to ease you into it and also if you're really missing the feel of a fat juicy burger every now and then

https://chooseveg.com/switch/

https://mercyforanimals.org/the-problem/

Genuinely, thank you. That makes me more hopeful to do this. My wife would like to lose weight for both physical and mental health, as well, and it's pretty common sense that veggies are better for you than burgers, anyhow. Changing or at least just modifying our diet bwas in the cards, anyways, and, ironically, my drive for them to be healthy and happy has always helped motivate me to do the same for my own self.

The encouragement was really helpful.

E: I'm sorry, I didn't see how far the thread had moved, should have hit refresh.

DicktheCat fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Aug 30, 2021

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Highly recommend getting comfy making an Indian curry

Uses heaps of veges, spicy as you want it

Filling and nutritional

My "in" was Chana masala and a basic korma and it all kinda clicks after that

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Jestery posted:

Filling and nutritional

Oh yeah, we really like curries! Indian food is very good!

Again, I really am grateful for all the folks that were helpful. It may be a bumpy adjustment, but I think this is doable.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

ikanreed posted:

Disconnected from professional data feeds, market professionals do not outperform a randomly selected control group at stock picking.

:shrug:

A randomly selected control group can't operate a Bloomberg terminal or run Morningstar reports to make better choices though, so...?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Theophany posted:

A randomly selected control group can't operate a Bloomberg terminal or run Morningstar reports to make better choices though, so...?

The hell I can't

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Jestery posted:

Filling and nutritional

Chickpeas absolutely rule for making nutritional and filling veggie curries

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Biplane posted:

The hell I can't

What's an annual Bloomberg terminal license run you? 10-12k these days? It's a dumb as poo poo point to make.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Theophany posted:

What's an annual Bloomberg terminal license run you? 10-12k these days? It's a dumb as poo poo point to make.

20k now.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

lol I've been out of that game for a while I suppose

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

ikanreed posted:

Disconnected from professional data feeds, market professionals do not outperform a randomly selected control group at stock picking.

:shrug:

The “control group” is being paid in bananas. They are trying to hire more to recreate all of Shakespeare’s work, too. Or Lovecraft, one of the two… :cthulhu:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Making bad video games is the worst thing a company can do

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Danaru posted:

well obviously mister "when i draw her with her tits out she's 18" isn't going to care about a company harassing a few women to death

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Theophany posted:

kinda wish we had a Bloomberg terminal of programming tbh

none of the programming stuff is cool these days :(

edit: wait this isnt yospos

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Danaru posted:

I'm ten years older than this redditor so obviously blizzard started sucking at warcraft 3

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Danaru posted:

What's the logic of this cartoon meant to be? Blizzard is the guy in the back? But the mountain itself is also Blizzard? Or the guy in the back made the mountain? And also he has Overwatch in the "you're doing amazing" side even though it came out after two of the "Blizzard is going downhill" games. Getting irrationally angry at this

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
I think the guy in the lead is the ghost of future past and the follower is blizzard. Also, the mountain represents just kidding this is stupid.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Cognac McCarthy posted:

What's the logic of this cartoon meant to be? Blizzard is the guy in the back? But the mountain itself is also Blizzard? Or the guy in the back made the mountain? And also he has Overwatch in the "you're doing amazing" side even though it came out after two of the "Blizzard is going downhill" games. Getting irrationally angry at this

Scattergun pop culture references at panels, let the readers brainmeats make the connections and give the updoots, don't overthink it friend!

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"
lmao the bideo ga

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Theophany posted:

Says you!!

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Biplane posted:

Says you!!

My shitposting portfolio is up 32% YTD with 15% lower volatility than your average redditor's mental state :smug:

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

https://preview.redd.it/fhvpuceobmk71.png?width=651&auto=webp&s=c0a4a7337edeafd6f37b2f1b321835f45d71ec77

lmfao

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Those loving reddit comics anger me more than stonetoss.

"Hey guise, when u play video game and you quicksave but accidentally quickload and lose progress!!"
"Unpopular video game is BAD"
"Wen u sit on ur gaming chair and its comfortable"
"That feeling when ur frame rate is a bit too low"
"Incredibly common nerd experience? Guess what, I experience it too"
"TFW u r hungry then u eat food"

It's just the most banal poo poo possible. It's not even jokes, it's never saying anything or making any sort of a point.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Baronjutter posted:

Those loving reddit comics anger me more than stonetoss.

"Hey guise, when u play video game and you quicksave but accidentally quickload and lose progress!!"
"Unpopular video game is BAD"
"Wen u sit on ur gaming chair and its comfortable"
"That feeling when ur frame rate is a bit too low"
"Incredibly common nerd experience? Guess what, I experience it too"
"TFW u r hungry then u eat food"

It's just the most banal poo poo possible. It's not even jokes, it's never saying anything or making any sort of a point.

Ever hear of the empty internet theory?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvwyMMUz-8A

Not saying the whole thing is true at all but if you apply it solely to Reddit it's a pretty accurate description of the site.

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

yeah just gonna hang this picture in my house

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

gbs but from 2004 posted:

Same but unironically.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

viideo games, it all has to be video games, every aspect of my life, listening to the donkey kong country soundtrack while i try on my new triforce tshirt, putting my new amiibos on my dedicated amiibo shelf, before i go to the tattoo parlour and get bowser tattooed on my nutsac, video games are everything and every aspect of my entire life

also, here is my son, I named him Metroid

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

8one6 posted:

Same but unironically.

condolences

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

Caesar Saladin posted:

viideo games, it all has to be video games, every aspect of my life, listening to the donkey kong country soundtrack while i try on my new triforce tshirt, putting my new amiibos on my dedicated amiibo shelf, before i go to the tattoo parlour and get bowser tattooed on my nutsac, video games are everything and every aspect of my entire life

is this an excerpt from ready player one

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Caesar Saladin posted:

Caesar Saladin: But I thought we were going to the park to play NES Baseball!

Bideo gaymes: Sure sport, I just have to run to the store and buy some cigarettes first ok?

Yellow Yoshi
Apr 29, 2020

Figure 1: Mario's weird dog

its the most upvoted post on unpopular opinions

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

I thought someone was reading my journal…

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I think Metroid is a pretty cool guy

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Let's stop going, it's all downhill from this point on.

Now let's turn around and go downhill.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Caesar Saladin posted:

Hey, fucko, the Donkey Kong Country soundtrack is a loving banger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4EjGXRDOH0

I fuckin' love the main theme. I dance my Donkey Kong Funko Pops around the room when it comes on, doing all the moves.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Hey, fucko, the Donkey Kong Country soundtrack is a loving banger.

you know what else is a banger? music that isn't from a game you played as a child

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Caesar Saladin posted:

you know what else is a banger? music that isn't from a game you played as a child

Oh ok lemme just pop in my Overwatch CD and blast some tunes as I pwn some noobs in CoD grandpa

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Caesar Saladin posted:

Its a shame I am only ever allowed to enjoy one song

That slot is occupied by the Top Gun theme song(from the NES game, not the movie)

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

plugging in the aux in the car to play the kefka's theme while rolling with the homies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Caesar Saladin posted:

You forgot the one thing in your life you didn't link back to your video game fixation, which is your cat that you named after food.