Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

The Seattle Kraken proudly select some middling depth player for seemingly unknown reasons Mikko Rantanen.

66 points in 56 games last season and most importantly led the league in +-. I’m always a little wary of starting a fantasy team on the wing, but so be it.

Edit: does the google sheet auto populate the salaries from somewhere? Or do we put that in as well?

VOTE1 fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Sep 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Throwing down the skip so I can get this pick in tonight.

The New York Rangers select....of course....Jack Eichel

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Almost took him but my dumb self has an aversion to $10m players not named McDavid

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
The neck guard is perfect !

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

Sorry for missing the pick! Minnesota will take C Mark Scheifele

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Miro Heiskanen seems to make sense here. Just turned 22 and is already pretty dominant defensively with a lot of offensive upside.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Hello SAS!

We'd like to thank mentholmoose for organizing this event...as well as SomethingAwful for its hospitality. We'd also like to say a big hello to our fans back at Nationwide Arena who are watching at our watch party for watching.

With the 28th overall pick, we'd like to invite our chief scout, Ville "The Terminator" Siren, to make the selection. Ville?

COLUMBOS BLUE JACKENS SELECT...FROM SARNIA OF OHL...STEVEN STAMKOS

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Sep 1, 2021

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Crisse c'est déjà mon tour hein? Bon, euh, ah superbe on choisira Jonathan Huberdeau

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Anyone want to volunteer to take my shortlist so I don’t waste 2 hours of the clock (Australian time zone so asleep)?

\/ thank you, I’ll pm them over.

VOTE1 fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Sep 1, 2021

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

VOTE1 posted:

Anyone want to volunteer to take my shortlist so I don’t waste 2 hours of the clock (Australian time zone so asleep)?

I can take it. I've got no plans but a usual work day so I'll be around and I don't pick again for a while

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

The Tampa Bay Lightning select...

Mika Zibanejad and Connor Hellebuyck

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
ok back down the order we go...

shyduck and tarbush did not make selections in the first round, I'm going to try to message them reminders but would it be appropriate to make selections for them now that everyone else has had a chance to pick their first players?

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Hellebuyck is a good pick. Quietly a top 2-3 goalie over the past few seasons.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Starsfan posted:

shyduck and tarbush did not make selections in the first round, I'm going to try to message them reminders but would it be appropriate to make selections for them now that everyone else has had a chance to pick their first players?

Yeah, I'd just like to get the pace going.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

I'll pick for shyduck if someone else wants to pick for tarbush just to get picks on the board, or I can do both.. I got 2 players clearly at the top of my list right now

**sent reminder messages to both, hopefully they pop in soon

Starsfan fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Sep 1, 2021

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

fawning deference posted:

Hellebuyck is a good pick. Quietly a top 2-3 goalie over the past few seasons.

I’d argue some seasons he has been the best in the world. So of course, he plays in Winnipeg. I think he will enjoy the change of scenery.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Starsfan posted:

Argh, didn't realise I was up. Will pick as soon as I can.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

WeaponX posted:

I’d argue some seasons he has been the best in the world. So of course, he plays in Winnipeg. I think he will enjoy the change of scenery.

There have been a couple of seasons in which he was the best goaltender in the NHL. Hellebuyck is largely understated as an elite goaltender year-in and year-out playing behind a terrible defense.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
gently caress it, Alex Pietrangelo. Really wanted Eichel, that's very annoying

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

tarbrush posted:

eh Alex Pietrangelo is a fine pick so far as this draft goes, he would be rated alot higher were it not for that contract :)

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

tarbrush posted:

Pain in your neck annoying ?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Les Pingouins de Pittsburgh sélectionne...

Patrice Bergeron

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Starsfan posted:

I'll pick for shyduck if someone else wants to pick for tarbush just to get picks on the board, or I can do both.. I got 2 players clearly at the top of my list right now

**sent reminder messages to both, hopefully they pop in soon

I say go for it for shyduck if he doesn't pick by noon

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Columbus selects Philipp Grubauer.

...and screw you, whoever took Bread. I had an idea for a gimmick, but needed him for it to really work.

e- Spelling. Who the hell spells it with one "L" and two "P"s? :argh:

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Ok uhh NHL selects Sean Couturier for the absent Ottawa Senators.. that completes the 1st round of the draft

It's T-Bone due up followed by yet another WeaponX pick and tarbrush

WeaponX worked himself a sweet deal with both his teams in such close proximity to the bottom of the draft order.

Starsfan fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Sep 1, 2021

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Oh god I have to choose again? gently caress!

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

T-Bone's pick window is over at 2:05 EST (counting from the time CBJSprague picked), so WeaponX can make his selection in like 10 minutes from now if he's around..

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Starsfan posted:

T-Bone's pick window is over at 2:05 EST (counting from the time CBJSprague picked), so WeaponX can make his selection in like 10 minutes from now if he's around..

You got it.

The New York Rangers select...Jeff Petry

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Haha wut

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

tarbrush is up again, T-Bone can also make his pick any time...

next in the order:

VOTE1
Ginette Reno
fawning deference

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Thanks for Coots, sorry everyone I spaced on this but now I'm here and better than ever :toot:

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I'll stay young and good and go with Matthew Tkachuk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxTGV-tvc_w

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

VOTE1 gets his first selection of Roman Josi

He's thrilled to join the Kraken in their inaugural season

Ginette Reno is up until 6:47 PM EDT

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Thank you Svejk for stepping in, my original plans of having my secretary announce the pick in her swimsuit had to be cancelled after she quit unexpectedly, that’s the 5th time that’s happened this year! I guess that’s what you get when you try and promote women…

Anyway we’re very happy to pick the previous years Norris winner. He didn’t have quite as good last year, but without having really watched any preds games it looks to be a bit luck based, mainly from behind him with the lowest on ice save percentage. I have never looked into it but I assume PDO is even more likely to be close to 100 for guys that play as many minutes as Josi does. So a sub 98 PDO is a really good bet for a positive regression.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Update:

tarbrush has one skipped pick to make.

Ginette Reno is on until 6:47.

Then:

fawning deference (I will make the pick for him if he doesn't immediately)
El Gallinero Gros
stab
JawKnee

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Vegas goes for Matt Barzal

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I'll take Jack Hughes.

Svechnikov-Hughes

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Ginette Reno posted:

I'll take Jack Hughes.

I hope fawning deference is furious and posts some sour grapes.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Nope, I'm taking Ryan O'Reilly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

eXXon posted:

I hope fawning deference is furious and posts some sour grapes.

Condemning his boy to the bleak existence of Buffalo