Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
favourite number
This poll is closed.
835 3 2.29%
2 14 10.69%
3,400,981 17 12.98%
11 19 14.50%
21 13 9.92%
7070 12 9.16%
58008 53 40.46%
Total: 131 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I just got a text that my stepsister is on her way to the hospital, she's gonna have her baby!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

deep dish peat moss posted:

I have no idea if there's a cool story behind it but here's my favorite "this banger is completely out of place here" video game song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u770IHHUQ1Y

I've always thought it sounds like Boards of Canada trying to make an upbeat chiptune soundtrack for Earthbound. Featuring voice clips from the challenger shuttle mission, numbers stations and a dog barking? :shrug:

oh that just sounds like a 90s Japanese-developed arcade game. at that point you were just making your game sound as much like an early Prodigy CD as possible

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Waffleman_ posted:

I just got a text that my stepsister is on her way to the hospital, she's gonna have her baby!

Congrats!

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

Congrats.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Name it Goku

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Waffleman_ posted:

Congratulations!

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Waffleman_ posted:

congrats on nibling

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Congrats!

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I started the first DLC for Witcher 3, it’s a mundane side quest where I fight a mysterious sewer slime monster. Cool. Great. Awesome. I guess there’s this lady from the first game I get to go with? Y’all really hyped this poo poo for nothing, huh?

goddamn i love Witcher 3, of course I kill a giant frog that the dumbass locals made up stories about because Witcher is a big old homage to fairy tales, and then OF COURSE it turns out to actually be a Egyptian(?) prince that i disemboweled and then get arrested for by his soldiers and involved in shady bullshit to escape.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Last Celebration posted:

I started the first DLC for Witcher 3, it’s a mundane side quest where I fight a mysterious sewer slime monster. Cool. Great. Awesome. I guess there’s this lady from the first game I get to go with? Y’all really hyped this poo poo for nothing, huh?

goddamn i love Witcher 3, of course I kill a giant frog that the dumbass locals made up stories about because Witcher is a big old homage to fairy tales, and then OF COURSE it turns out to actually be a Egyptian(?) prince that i disemboweled and then get arrested for by his soldiers and involved in shady bullshit to escape.

Hearts of Stone is incredible.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Saint Freak posted:

Name it Goku

Nah, name it Turok. Acclaim will still give that $10K, right?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

Do those missions seem like they were tuned to require co-op play? Or would they be bullshit regardless?

Some of them seem co-op tuned but there's some which just have super harsh time limits

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

coming 2 gamepass in the next several days (svoctg):

craftopia
crown trick
breathedge
FF13 (lol)
signs of the sojourner (v good game)
surgeon simulator 2
nuclear throne

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I've been working on a Blender project since the start of the year and I've just finished the preliminary animation of a scene between my two characters and I thought I would share it with the class

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WJ1AG1nPPU

Here's the first bit leading up to it which is older but has things like facial and finger animation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lIqe1zPXx0

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Whizzing Wizard posted:

This is triggering memories of me getting nightmares from watching Aeon Flux as a child

Some random twitch channel was showing episodes of Aeon Flux the other day so I decided to give it a watch since I hadn't seen it in like 25 years and just remembered the series being super nonsensical and disappointing after how hilariously over-the-top ultraviolent the Liquid TV shorts were, and I think it was actually worse than I remember it being.

MTV was into some weird poo poo around that time trying to find something to chase the success of Liquid TV and Beavis And Butt-Head.

Waffleman_ posted:

here is hoping for complication-free and well-formed babby :toot:

raditts fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Sep 1, 2021

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
The shorts were surreal but the actual TV series tried to tell a story and they had a lot of "scifi take on current issues" like the one about the berlin wall

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Is it worth it to go back and play the previous Witcher games before 3? I have all of them but 1 and maybe 2 to a certain extent seem super primitive now.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

AceOfFlames posted:

Is it worth it to go back and play the previous Witcher games before 3? I have all of them but 1 and maybe 2 to a certain extent seem super primitive now.

2 is good. 1 is skippable unless you are absolutely dying for more witcher

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

AceOfFlames posted:

I like 2's story a lot but even moreso than 3 it's a game where I deliberately play on easy because the combat is far far weaker than the story.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Willo567 posted:

BREAKING NEWS
https://twitter.com/SuperMonkeyBall/status/1433052027614109701

Why wasn't this the gamescom annoucement?

Five dollars for each post-launch DLC character is weird, especially with how generous the base game is in what comes with it for free. At least this changes all the bananas to apples so it does that at least...

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Five dollars for each post-launch DLC character is weird, especially with how generous the base game is in what comes with it for free. At least this changes all the bananas to apples so it does that at least...

$5 for an extra Monkey Ball character in particular seems especially insane, it's not as though the characters have any effect on gameplay, do they?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

AceOfFlames posted:

I wouldn't personally. They're both huge timesinks and haven't aged particularly well. I'd just watch a YouTube recap or something

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Comes with for free? This isn't a f2p game is it, that would be horrible news.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Khanstant posted:

Comes with for free? This isn't a f2p game is it, that would be horrible news.

No, the game just has a lot of Sega characters unlockable in the base game.

Also the 5 bucks for Hello Kitty might be Sanrio Tax.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
remember when free was a good thing and not a cursed word of warning

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Just put custom firmware and a hefty harddrive in my PS3. Are there any good games for it that:
1) don't look like a brown, low poly smear
or 2) is not the worst version of a multi platform game?
folklore, k-on houkago live HD, uh, noby noby boy

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Khanstant posted:

remember when free was a good thing and not a cursed word of warning

:smith:

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Waffleman_ posted:

Coincidentally this is also the name of this year's hit Netflix exlusive anime series

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

curses

https://twitter.com/108/status/1433104779413233672

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

AceOfFlames posted:

how high is your jank acceptance threshold

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Feels Villeneuve posted:

oh that just sounds like a 90s Japanese-developed arcade game. at that point you were just making your game sound as much like an early Prodigy CD as possible

What's really weird about it is that it wasn't the arcade music. The arcade version had a separate soundtrack that sounded like a low-fi version of that Sega Saturn track, but without things like Challenger mission voice clips:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RgXbb3ne24

So they remixed the home version to include weird poo poo that wasn't there in the arcade, and I've just thought it was really odd to hear Challenger mission voice comms used in a song.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Sep 1, 2021

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

raditts posted:

$5 for an extra Monkey Ball character in particular seems especially insane, it's not as though the characters have any effect on gameplay, do they?

Personally I'm only interested in the classic character skin and BGM packs.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

raditts posted:

I think it's meant to be the one off opportunity cost cross with the high sales value (1$ it was 5 before!!!)

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Tim’s video is following the CP2077 production cycle as a bit

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

message to: 8 year old me who used to read the dark cloud strategy guide that came with one of my games magazines

i have finally obtained the game in the year 2021 on "playstation 5". everything here is fine - send me your dark cloud knowledge

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
A dam broke. Every 50~ years Johnstown gets a flood. We're close to one of the rivers and down in the valley but there's no floodwater by us. Possum Springs was based partially on Johnstown and its flood was based on the Johnstown flood.

We've been overdue for the 4th flood. They don't maintain the dams. I can only hope we're not in an area affected by it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Mercenaries 2: Explosions the Video Game

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

X-Com /w Cards
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRieHP1b7Gs

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWa0dZMHYeE

Adbot