Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Orange vs Hardy 67 50.00%
Bros vs Blonds 37 27.61%
Velvet vs Hayter 22 16.42%
Black vs Brock 8 5.97%
Total: 134 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

blunt posted:

They've called it out on commentary multiple times both there, during the Fuego match and during the Lee Johnson match

They certainly have, but I mean, a DDT would really fuckin mess you up, wouldn't it? Really, EVERYONE should be particularly susceptible to DDTs. Except for maybe like Moxley and Kingston who find getting hit on the head particularly enjoyable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Tampa Bae posted:

A Trios Title tournament could have The Super Elite (Kenny + The Bucks) winning the inaugural titles in the first match on the card with all three getting super cocky then Kenny and The Bucks losing the Heavyweight/Tag Team titles in the same night which is funny to me but I'm not a booker
The EVPs winning the inaugural titles isn't a good look imo (even though they all rule in the ring)

E: I somehow glazed over the second part of your post - that'd be hilarious lol

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Sep 1, 2021

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Or Maki Itoh who would just damage the ring

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

blunt posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf1XLZksDWk&t=153s
(timestamped)

They've called it out on commentary multiple times both there, during the Fuego match and during the Lee Johnson match

Oh yeah, that's pretty explicit. I thought we were just extrapolating from his selling in the Fuego and Johnson match. Miro's got an achilles head. His fontanelle never closed up.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

https://twitter.com/EvilUno/status/1433085883369017350

DARK ORDER IS FINE

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Uno is gonna goof it up worse

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the Dork Odor is back

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i dont mean me

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

It's a New Day

Yes it is

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1433075939060166657

In "wrestling promotion follows local government mandates" news, you'll be refused entry to AEW's New York show if you're unvaccinated.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Mr. Squishy posted:

In "wrestling promotion follows local government mandates" news, you'll be refused entry to AEW's New York show if you're unvaccinated.
New York has been very aggressive about following protocols and I know bouncers at small clubs up there who have gotten really good at spotting fake vaccination cards and I heard NYC also have their own database they can scan into the check for that

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Mr. Squishy posted:

Yeah I'm sure there's going to be a lot of assholes :argh:ing at aew but a) gently caress them and b) it's a NYC thing so it's not like it's their decision anyway. But this is great and I hope more places start following suit.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Mr. Squishy posted:

This is why Danielson is debuting at All Out instead of NYC lol

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Dacap posted:

lmao

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

glad that I'll still be able to go to the NYC show. I know lots of people had their doubts it would still run but NYC has done exceptionally well here with this and the stadium did the same thing for the Open this week as well.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
So I finally watched Evil Uno's vlog for the CM Punk rampage debut, and I really enjoyed Eddie Kingston having a religious experience wanting to fight the statute of Michael Jordan.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

I believe NY only requires vaccinations for indoor events, and with Arthur Ashe being primarily open air but with a retractable roof, it was kind of an open question whether it would be required or not.

Wish they’d do that for all shows now, but they haven’t given any indication they would do so unless required to by the venue or local laws.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dacap posted:

drat

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Dacap posted:

lol

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Time to hit Ticketmaster and see if any pissy antivaxers are selling good seats. (I already have a ticket, but who knows?)

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

karmicknight posted:

So I finally watched Evil Uno's vlog for the CM Punk rampage debut, and I really enjoyed Eddie Kingston having a religious experience wanting to fight the statute of Michael Jordan.

Several vlogs captured that moment. They all know gold when the see it.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

karmicknight posted:

if you were into sports as a kid everyone has that one guy who always killed their team. i start mean muggin' like Hobbs whenever i see Emmitt Smith to this day

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

smarxist posted:

if you were into sports as a kid everyone has that one guy who always killed their team. i start mean muggin' like Hobbs whenever i see Emmitt Smith to this day

I am from Cleveland.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Please make up with your friends Uno I need this :negative:

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

karmicknight posted:

I am from Cleveland.
Why would you admit to that. You could have said nothing and let me take all the heat

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Evil Uno has nothing to apologize for.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

reignofevil posted:

Evil Uno has nothing to apologize for.

He shouldn't have snapped at Alex! :mad:

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Mr. Squishy posted:

I wish all venues would do this. Weed out the assholes and make us all safer!

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Punk pretty definitively declares AJ's days in the ring to be over

https://nypost.com/2021/09/01/cm-punk-answers-question-everyone-wants-to-know-about-a-j-lee/

quote:

“I just want to say, no,” Punk said. “Just because [of] her neck. The reason she stopped wrestling is because of her neck. She’s got a bad neck, you know. I wouldn’t want her to jeopardize [her] health and neither would she, so we’ll put an end to that rumor right now.”

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=katieYPQNus

lmao the dan lambert promo with new, related footage being spliced in appropriately, when Lambert talks about Sky being a former MMA fighter they actually put in video of him winning an mma bout and when he talks about Page being a black belt in karate and taekwondo they just show him doing some goofy kick poses on the ramp

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

smarxist posted:

my dudes.....

It is wednesday!

King Of Coons
May 5, 2006

Mr. Squishy posted:

Oh yeah, that's pretty explicit. I thought we were just extrapolating from his selling in the Fuego and Johnson match. Miro's got an achilles head. His fontanelle never closed up.

This is why we can’t have nice things like subtlety

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

The quotes are full of positivity but I have a distinct impression of the type of people making a travel destination visit to Britt's office for a cleaning

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

beggar posted:

The quotes are full of positivity but I have a distinct impression of the type of people making a travel destination visit to Britt's office for a cleaning
i bet they have bad teeth!!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

beggar posted:

Let's hope they're more of the "smart, kind, and considerate" fan we like to think AEW is trying to nurture, and not the stereotypical "Beavis and Butt-Head laughter with heavy breathing"-type fan, because otherwise that poor woman is eventually going to have to hire security guards at her office :sigh:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

im also gonna make up a scenario about the people going to see britt

they're all vegans

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i bet they have bad teeth!!

I bet they have six teeth!!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I bet they have six teeth!!

well it is a dentist office in jacksonville

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Alaois posted:

well it is a dentist office in jacksonville

It could be in the UK for that matter too...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Bring Bray Wyatt in as an element of toxic positivity in the Dark Order. He wears a white and pastel full body suit with the arms cut off, and a lucha mask of a smiling face. He charms Reynolds, Silver, Five, and Ten to his side with promises of how much better things can be in the Light Order.

That's right, it's Good Uno.

Lamuella fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Sep 1, 2021