Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Orange vs Hardy 67 50.00%
Bros vs Blonds 37 27.61%
Velvet vs Hayter 22 16.42%
Black vs Brock 8 5.97%
Total: 134 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lamuella posted:

Bring Bray Wyatt in as an element of toxic positivity in the Dark Order. He wears a white and pastel full body suit with the arms cut off, and a lucha mast of a smiling face. He charms Reynolds, Silver, Five, and Ten to his side with promises of how much better things can be in the Light Order.

That's right, it's Good Uno.

:chloe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Gonna get hit with the remnants of this hurricane tonight right around fuse lighting time by the looks of it. I'm in the "tornadoes likely" zone so hopefully the tornadoes respect dynamite's timeslot and I don't lose power tonight.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Lamuella posted:

Bring Bray Wyatt in as an element of toxic positivity in the Dark Order. He wears a white and pastel full body suit with the arms cut off, and a lucha mask of a smiling face. He charms Reynolds, Silver, Five, and Ten to his side with promises of how much better things can be in the Light Order.

Does this mean he gets a new finisher too? because that Even-Less-Interesting-Cross-Rhodes move is kinda poo poo.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Scarf posted:

Does this mean he gets a new finisher too? because that Even-Less-Interesting-Cross-Rhodes move is kinda poo poo.

choke hold called the Struggle Session and a powerbomb called the Love Bomb

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Bray Wyatt should use the Playmaker like MVP

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
He picks up the ref's boot and hands it to his opponent.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

AEW already has one person using the overdrive and looking dumb doing it we don't need two.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Lamuella posted:

More like the Reverse Card.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

beggar posted:

The quotes are full of positivity but I have a distinct impression of the type of people making a travel destination visit to Britt's office for a cleaning

How can this woman possibly be booked as a heel? Like I get the general idea but what even the gently caress. Have Reba and Hayter turn on Britt and let her cut promos where the crowd screams "DMD" eeven louder than they already do every time it comes up and just obliterate her opponents for a good long time. I know she can't be pushed any further and she already beat the longest reigning champion in AEW history but she would sell a fuckton of merch and help ensure every future live show is sold out.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

a) britt was boring as gently caress as a babyface
b) dentists are heels

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

karmicknight posted:

More like the Reverse Card.

dang it

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

cams posted:

b) dentists are heels

The Rock was boring as gently caress then became a cool heel then became a cool face but acted the same except now towards heels. Britt could just do everything the same except against heels and be cheered.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

cams posted:

b) dentists are heels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqNbbMhukcc

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

I always forget Bill Murray does the role Jack Nicholson played in the original.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Reminder that Evil Uno is one of the nicest guys I've ever had the pleasure of hanging out with in wrasslin'

But he is EVIL

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://twitter.com/thunderrosa22/status/1432920106170998791

:hai:

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

The Fiend doing the Overdrive will probably be what kills John Blud

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.

Lamuella posted:

Bring Bray Wyatt in as an element of toxic positivity in the Dark Order. He wears a white and pastel full body suit with the arms cut off, and a lucha mask of a smiling face. He charms Reynolds, Silver, Five, and Ten to his side with promises of how much better things can be in the Light Order.

Unrelated to the Dark Order, the former Bray Wyatt just doing a full-on Ted Lasso would be delightfully unsettling and disturbing.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Matt Striker used an inverted overdrive which im not sure is better or worse.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
Rebel should never turn on Britt, in fact she should become a legit dental hygienist

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Lid posted:

Matt Striker used an inverted overdrive which im not sure is better or worse.

At least an inverted overdrive looks like it could hurt (pull someone’s neck down on your shin) as opposed to whatever it is the overdrive is going for.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
I think being a heel has given Britt enough character development that she could turn face and be fine.

I wouldn't do it yet, but it would work out.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

The delay in making all of those CM Punk t-shirts has delayed my getting my Chie HELLOOOOOOOOOOOO shirt for this week :argh:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

The AEW audience have learned that being a dentist is impressive, even though there are ten in every town.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Nick Jr. Face posted:

The EVPs winning the inaugural titles isn't a good look imo (even though they all rule in the ring)

E: I somehow glazed over the second part of your post - that'd be hilarious lol

IMO they should make the finals and job clean to trio to make them

Contrary to what HHH says, beating big stars can make a guy or team

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
I know AEW has its problems featuring women on TV and PPV, but I do have to say, AEW has for me personally been a gamechanger in terms of really getting into women's wrestling. Through AEW I have discovered Thunder Rosa, Masha Slamovich, Serena Deeb, Hikaru Shida, Emi Sakura, Jamie Hayter, Kris Statlander, Leyla Hirsch, Ryo Mizuna, Maki Itoh...

I know a lot of them were well-known in the indies and by you Joshi-heads, but I was really checked out of wrestling for awhile and only really knew about WWE stars like Bayley and Sasha and Asuka and Kairi Sane. I really appreciate that even in their kind of insufficient way of doing it, AEW helped me see a lot of variety and a ton of amazing talent out there that I was just totally missing out on. I do hope we start to see more of these performers featured on more shows cuz I can't be alone in being someone who was ready to be a big fan of women's wrestling and just needed the right exposure at the right time.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
The EVPs spent the first year of AEW jobbing or down the card a lot to put over the stars. We live in a world where the Bucks lost clean to Private Party. Cody lost to make sure he can never ever get a world title shot and instead gave us Brodie lee and Eddie Kingston. Kenny was the winningest of them but most of that was in a tag team to elevate Hangman and being ultimately Hangman's second banana. Its been remarkably selfless and now they are on top and its unquestionably they all are the best and got here because they are the best heels who will get their comeuppance sooner or later.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
AEW's women roster sucked because they expected to have more talent, then WWE signed a lot of them and then the pandemic happened so we got stuck with Thunder Rosa and Britt Baker, the two most over women in wrestling right now.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/CMPunk/status/1433163568153776131

They're gonna sell so many ice cream bars

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

AEW's YouTube content has a lot of great women's wrestling. You should really check the Japanese leg of the women's championship eliminator, add VENY to your list.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Tired: T-shirt company

Wired: Ice cream company

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

for real, people want that poo poo just to keep the wrapper as a memento

it's a bonus that the ice cream itself is apparently very good

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

CellBlock posted:

They certainly have, but I mean, a DDT would really fuckin mess you up, wouldn't it? Really, EVERYONE should be particularly susceptible to DDTs. Except for maybe like Moxley and Kingston who find getting hit on the head particularly enjoyable.

Yes, but the point they're making is that Miro is near invincible everywhere else on his body, but when you hit the top of his head, it hurts him the same way it hurts everyone else.

Except Samoans, who are apparently kind of like reverse Miros.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

If you DDT a Samoan they just punch a hole in the ring and get stuck

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

that is so so cool

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Cezar has challenged Ethan Page to an eat off at the Brazilian Steakhouse in Orlando.

poo poo needs to be one of those TNT Saturday night specials

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

OK. Death Triangle are definitely breaking up soon.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

blunt posted:

They've called it out on commentary multiple times both there, during the Fuego match and during the Lee Johnson match

and evil uno match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Cezar has challenged Ethan Page to an eat off at the Brazilian Steakhouse in Orlando.

poo poo needs to be one of those TNT Saturday night specials

this seems unfair

It's not appetite its all ego