Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Idgi.

Also let’s have more Viz please.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

monkeytennis posted:

Idgi.

It’s a reference to that time a lion escaped from its enclosure and killed a zoo intern. The reason they’re dressed as Roman soldiers is because the uncle is crazy

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Ziv Zulander posted:

It’s a reference to that time a lion escaped from its enclosure and killed a zoo intern. The reason they’re dressed as Roman soldiers is because the uncle is crazy

wut?

Bogmonster
Oct 17, 2007

The Bogey is a philosopher who knows

monkeytennis posted:

Billy the Fish
This used to be one of the most popular strips and even had a cartoon in the 90s voiced by Harry Enfield. Nowadays, it's generally only used when there's something football related in the news. Basically a parody of football comics like Roy of the Rovers

The Bottom Inspectors
Don't really know what this is parodying to be honest, maybe war comics? Maybe arses are just funny.

Elton John's Various Cons
Technically, each strip has a different title based on a different con Elton is running with his showbiz mates. It doesn't always work out for him.

Finbarr Saunders and his Double Entendres
Finbarr tends to find innocuous statements his mum and Mr Gimlet makes, as well as Russian lodger Sergei, incredibly funny for some reason.
Fnarr fnarr.

Fru. T. Bunn - the Master Baker and his Gingerbread Sex Dolls
As mentioned previously in this thread, this baker enjoys having sex with dolls he makes out of gingerbread. With doughnut fannies.

Gilbert Ratchet
This prepubescent handyman is always offering his inventions to his community. They're not always that useful though.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Jose Valasquez posted:

Oh, sorry, this should clear things up

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Bogmonster posted:

The Bottom Inspectors
Don't really know what this is parodying to be honest, maybe war comics? Maybe arses are just funny.

Apparently it’s about the ticket inspectors on the Newcastle metro, who are really overzealous about everything.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

two children engage in a pretend fight with each other, dressed in improvised approximations of gladiatorial garb and wielding mock weapons in an arena built from pillows. they discuss their uncle duncan, who is apparently often referred to as "crazy". they say that they now believe that their parents' opinion of duncan, which is implied to have been strongly negative(possibly warning them to avoid him), is wrong and that they consider duncan to be cool. a man, presumably duncan, is seen in the background of the second panel, dressed as a roman emperor and pulling on some sort of cord. from this the audience can infer that this mock gladiatorial fight has been organized by duncan, and that the children's enjoyment of it is what has caused them to reach the conclusions which they are discussing. the first two panels thus present a fairly standard fictional trope to the audience: children have been warned that a local adult is crazy, but in actuality he is merely less concerned with social norms and more prone to whimsy than other adults in the community.
the third panel, however, subverts that expectation, as the cord that duncan was shown pulling in the second panel is revealed to release a live lion(as one might have sometimes seen in an actual roman gladiatorial fight) into the room with the children. duncan is shown to, in reality, be a dangerous and unhinged individual who is putting children's lives in serious danger for his own amusement, and the children's parents were entirely right to hold misgivings about him. from this unexpected development, the humour is derived. the scenario presented is not explored further, as any realistic continuation of it would likely involve the mauling of two children by a lion and thus would not provoke the mirthful reactions which are the intended goal of the piece

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Pupkin nooo

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

cock hero flux posted:

two children engage in a pretend fight with each other, dressed in improvised approximations of gladiatorial garb and wielding mock weapons in an arena built from pillows. they discuss their uncle duncan, who is apparently often referred to as "crazy". they say that they now believe that their parents' opinion of duncan, which is implied to have been strongly negative(possibly warning them to avoid him), is wrong and that they consider duncan to be cool. a man, presumably duncan, is seen in the background of the second panel, dressed as a roman emperor and pulling on some sort of cord. from this the audience can infer that this mock gladiatorial fight has been organized by duncan, and that the children's enjoyment of it is what has caused them to reach the conclusions which they are discussing. the first two panels thus present a fairly standard fictional trope to the audience: children have been warned that a local adult is crazy, but in actuality he is merely less concerned with social norms and more prone to whimsy than other adults in the community.
the third panel, however, subverts that expectation, as the cord that duncan was shown pulling in the second panel is revealed to release a live lion(as one might have sometimes seen in an actual roman gladiatorial fight) into the room with the children. duncan is shown to, in reality, be a dangerous and unhinged individual who is putting children's lives in serious danger for his own amusement, and the children's parents were entirely right to hold misgivings about him. from this unexpected development, the humour is derived. the scenario presented is not explored further, as any realistic continuation of it would likely involve the mauling of two children by a lion and thus would not provoke the mirthful reactions which are the intended goal of the piece

I don't think so.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

pupkin/breadcat crossover event

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

cock hero flux posted:

That seems a bit far fetched.

Surely what happens here, is that during a playtime fight, these kids reiterate their overwhelmingly favorable opinion about their uncle, which their parents previously disagreed on. Now their dad tries to prove them wrong by demonstrating that he himself deserves that coveted title and respect. Therefore he introduced them to a huge fluffy kitty.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
The dad is Afghanistan and the Lion is the Somethingawful Forums

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Bogmonster posted:

Finbarr Saunders and his Double Entendres

This rhyme attempt makes me incredibly angry :argh:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Arrhythmia posted:

The dad is Afghanistan and the Lion is the Somethingawful Forums

PYF Comic: PBF: Goon Tools

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Captain Hygiene posted:

how do you pronounce entendres?

e: if it's Enn-Tenn-Dress i will make finbarr-esque laughing noises

Bogmonster
Oct 17, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

It rhymes in my accent. And presumably in a Newcastle accent too.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I have never heard it as anything other than ending in a "druh" sound, in US English. I even looked it up on youtube to make sure I wasn't crazy!

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
We need some Buster Gonad (Viz) next. I used to buy Viz to read on the bus when I was a lad, thought I was being cool. Postman Plod and the Parkie would do well itt I think.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Hygiene posted:

I have never heard it as anything other than ending in a "druh" sound

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Captain Hygiene posted:

I have never heard it as anything other than ending in a "druh" sound, in US English. I even looked it up on youtube to make sure I wasn't crazy!

They are not American cocks, I mean comics, I cum, I mean can, tell you this minge, I mean much.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Paladinus posted:

They are not American cocks, I mean comics, I cum, I mean can, tell you this minge, I mean much.

Looks like you had a couple of Freudian cocksucks there.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

The Bloop posted:

PYF Comic: PBF: Goon Logic Tools

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

the_sea_hag
Oct 9, 2012
LOAF FANCIER

I can't even explain how much I love this comic, thank you for posting it.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

The Bloop posted:

Thought the PYF dong thread got closed?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

lmao

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Marie and The Adventurer's League

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

If you are still doing Viz comics, do the one where the bloke tries to help people with his giant banana, but just ends up with it being shoved up his arse.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It's midnight in America. Here's Clementine

drat. that's nasty as hell

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Bogmonster
Oct 17, 2007

BrigadierSensible posted:

If you are still doing Viz comics, do the one where the bloke tries to help people with his giant banana, but just ends up with it being shoved up his arse.

Ah, you mean Tommy "Banana" Johnson. Here's the original:

Then there's been a few remixes

I can't find the Gangnam Style one

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
I don't know who the celebrities are, but imagine watching a constable shove giant bananas up your two companions butts and just standing around wondering what he could want with your giant banana.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

BrigadierSensible posted:

There's a comic about the Amazing Atheist?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
And so...

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

There's a comic about the Amazing Atheist?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Please tell me you have more Dick & Jesus comics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Fools Infinite posted:

I don't know who the celebrities are, but imagine watching a constable shove giant bananas up your two companions butts and just standing around wondering what he could want with your giant banana.

It's amazing how dated it makes that strip. Lembit Opik was a prominent Liberal Democrat MP who dated a pop star. Now the libdems barely exist. Jade Goody was the face of reality TV for years and was hounded mercilessly by the tabloids until she died of cancer and suddenly she was the new Princess Di

Lenny Henry's an actor/comedian and idk who paul is