Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Djarum posted:

I started doing DDPY a little over 2 months ago now and it has changed my life quite a bit already. I have had a reconstructed knee for 25 years which had limited how much exercise I could do without pain but 6 years ago I started developing severe back pain in which I starting to experience temporary paralysis. Turns on I have three severe degenerative discs in my lower back which was causing it. After 3 months of bed rest and 8 months of physical therapy I was able to kind of function again to do most things. I had to always be careful of what and how I was doing it as if I over did it or moved in a stupid way I would be in awful pain for the next day or two.

I had just started getting my stamina back going outside again when Delta started to hit so I was back stuck inside mostly. I didn't want to lose the progress I had made so I decided to start DDPY as I had the DVDs in one form or fashion for 15 years but never bothered to try them. Within two weeks my back and knees felt the best they have in decades. I am back to doing little things again that I haven't been able to do in years, like bending over to dry my legs which I hadn't been able to do in ages because of my back.

DDP is kinda goofy but he is strangely very good at motivating. You don't need a ton of room to do it. I am doing it on a 7x3 area really on a 6x2 mat. You are mostly standing still as it is a mixture of yoga and dynamic resistance exercises. Your heart rate will be way up and sweating like you just ran a marathon but at the end you won't be worn out or feel like death. It is really wild. They are really good about showing you all the different modifications and whatnot you can do as well. So if you are someone who is heavier, not as flexible or strong you can work your way up to it. Also most of the stuff is right around 30 minutes, so you knock it out quickly and you are done for the day.

I really can't recommend it enough.

What is DDP/DDPY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
From the Transformers thread:

Rhyno posted:

HYPERFIXATION

Love it!

Not pictured because I have them out of display rotation are Thanos and Deadpool collections.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Why Nebula? She kind of stands out.

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

What is DDP/DDPY

DDP Yoga.

DDP is Diamond Dallas Page, the ex-wrestler.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I like Mario Kart Hot Wheels

Marios have kind of snuck into being my 4th major collecting thing along with Sailor Moon, Pokemon, and Godzilla.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

DDP Yoga.

DDP is Diamond Dallas Page, the ex-wrestler.

Ah ok, thanks.

1/6 scale figures are so drat nice. I have a few (Captain Rex, The Hound, Guts, Ryuko Matoi) but almost never have them out due to space. I'd probably have more but they are cost prohibitive. The only one I'm really wishing I got was the Dark Baltan by Three Zero, but COVID destroyed my fiances last year on it's release, and now I don't want to pay more than the original price.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Aphrodite posted:

She fits with Thanos and IW/Endgame. Plus I need a couple more Detolfs.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

What is DDP/DDPY

https://ddpyoga.com/

Diamond Dallas Page of wrestling fame developed the program based on rehab treatments after he broke his back, yoga and a few other things. I always took it as "another one of those celebrity exercise programs" but this is truly something entirely different.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DDP has questionable ideas about medication and nutrition stuff, but if you ignore all that poo poo and just do the yoga it's apparently quite good.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Ah cool. I'll look into it, thanks :)

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Oh hey one of my orders came in. Now I just have to wait for some better weather so I can start painting these jolly fellows

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

DDP has questionable ideas about medication and nutrition stuff, but if you ignore all that poo poo and just do the yoga it's apparently quite good.

Yeah, I did the yoga and ate low carb and lost like 60 lbs a few years ago. It's wild how hard it is if you want it to be.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Neat, can't wait to see them finished!

DDP also had pretty rad youtube documentary about helping Jake "The Snake" Roberts get sober that sort of revolved around DDP Yoga. Worth watching if you you're a fan of 80s-early 90s wrestling.

So in my rabbit hole of toymaking and independant toys I've run across the GLYOS system, and am super intrigued. It's apparently toys that are all by different toy makers, but use the same interchanable joint system. Which means you get rad stuff...

Like this rad Creature / Werewolf / Ape dude: https://rocomtoys.com/products/fishstik-action-figure

or this kickin rad Hamburger wrestler: http://www.spymonkeycreations.com/products/679056-btw-red-hellacious

or this dude: https://database.glyos.com/search/label/pheyaos based of a sofubi by this dude: https://www.instagram.com/realxhead/

I'm already thinking about what I am going to be selling to grab some of this stuff, heh.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Oh hey one of my orders came in. Now I just have to wait for some better weather so I can start painting these jolly fellows

I limit myself, mostly, to articulated kaiju figures partly because if I opened that door, if I opened the door to vinyl, I would never, ever escape

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Joe Fisto posted:

From the Transformers thread:

Not pictured because I have them out of display rotation are Thanos and Deadpool collections.

Out of everything in those pics, the thing that I am most jealous of is the lack of dust. Amazing collection but holy poo poo those are spotless.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Burkion posted:

I limit myself, mostly, to articulated kaiju figures partly because if I opened that door, if I opened the door to vinyl, I would never, ever escape

Vinyl ones are cool because they come stock more frequently in very ridiculous colors

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Sanschel posted:

Not true! My fiancé’s friend was dating a hot wheels collector/reseller who was a scrawny 20 year old abusive coke addict.

Hot wheels dudes are the only grown men I’ve seen get into a fist fight, in a TRU parking lot.

I was being facetious with stereotyping hotwheels folks but picturing a coked up twenty year old ready to throw down with a bunch of boomers is extremely funny

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Neat, can't wait to see them finished!

DDP also had pretty rad youtube documentary about helping Jake "The Snake" Roberts get sober that sort of revolved around DDP Yoga. Worth watching if you you're a fan of 80s-early 90s wrestling.

So in my rabbit hole of toymaking and independant toys I've run across the GLYOS system, and am super intrigued. It's apparently toys that are all by different toy makers, but use the same interchanable joint system. Which means you get rad stuff...

Like this rad Creature / Werewolf / Ape dude: https://rocomtoys.com/products/fishstik-action-figure

or this kickin rad Hamburger wrestler: http://www.spymonkeycreations.com/products/679056-btw-red-hellacious

or this dude: https://database.glyos.com/search/label/pheyaos based of a sofubi by this dude: https://www.instagram.com/realxhead/

I'm already thinking about what I am going to be selling to grab some of this stuff, heh.

I was super into Glyos like nine years ago, it's really neat. I love their Gobon mold.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Sanschel posted:

I don’t even know what I want, but color me curious at what you’ve got!

I sent you a PM. They are all at my cost and I'll be posting them in Facebook. Hopefully some people who need them can pick them up though always worry about people reselling if they get a good deal.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Shiroc posted:

Vinyl ones are cool because they come stock more frequently in very ridiculous colors

Colorways are one of my favorite things about Sofubi.

Also painting them myself for fun. Here’s an Ultima I did a couple months ago.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

I sent you a PM. They are all at my cost and I'll be posting them in Facebook. Hopefully some people who need them can pick them up though always worry about people reselling if they get a good deal.

Please send this to me as well!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

At some point I'll take a picture. We're renovating our kitchen and laundry room so everything is a mess and I don't have space to take good pictures yet.

Get in the discord, you dick.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Out of everything in those pics, the thing that I am most jealous of is the lack of dust. Amazing collection but holy poo poo those are spotless.

Well thank you. Dust is my mortal enemy.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Colorways are one of my favorite things about Sofubi.

Big same. I love the fact that they're often found in just the ugliest, eye-searingest, gnarliest colors. I keep seeing really neat molds pop up on IG but have zero idea how to find them short of messaging the account, but the idea of cold-contacting a stranger weirds me out. I'm sure I'll have a small collection of sofubi on a shelf in the future, right now I'm content with making extremely rare purchases. Turns out the ones I'm attracted to are on the spicier end.

The bright colors of your Ultima look great, Gatos!

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Cloks posted:

Please send this to me as well!

ok!

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Fuzz posted:

Get in the discord, you dick.

Say wuh

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Any idea what the Animated Core figures are? Going down that link I ran into this orko without a pic:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/176677

... and yeah I preordered it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's all the stuff for the kiddie Netflix show.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I have no idea what an "animated core" Orko is; I'll wait until I do know before ordering one, though I will probably want it since it's Orko. Could be a robot Orko from the upcoming series? They have preorders for a bunch of those guys up now, but he doesn't show up in the list if you filter by characters appearing in that show.

Also, BBTS now has MOTU Origins wave 7 up for preorder, if anyone missed it; that's Sorceress, Jitsu, Buzz-Off (a personal fave), and most likely a creepy flesh-colored Stratos, since it's apparently based on old mini-comic art. I ordered all but that last one. I like my gray Stratos just fine. Jitsu is one of those guys that doesn't give me the nostalgia pangs because I didn't have the 80s toy and my best friend with a cool MOTU collection didn't have it either, but he's a neat-looking character and might as well join the gang.

Quick childhood story about Buzz-Off: He was one of my little brother's first and favorite toys. My brother used to sing a little song he made up called "buzzy bee" when he was a baby, and my mom got him Buzz-Off for Christmas because he was a buzzy bee. We were pretty cool about sharing toys as kids and we both loved that one. When I was collecting all the old MOTU toys from my mom's attic a couple years ago, she said "remember, the bee man belongs to your brother. Don't ever sell that one without asking him!" And I said yeah, of course. My brother also technically owns the complete vintage Scare Glow, still in relatively good condition, and that would probably be even more of a dick move if I sold that without asking him, since that guy is worth a fortune. (I don't currently have plans to sell any of my OR my brother's vintage MOTU stuff, for the record.) Buzz-Off was also my favorite redesigned character in the 200x line. I will always have a strong attachment to that character.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

That's awesome. I only had a handful of 2nd hand MOTU as a kid, but Buzz-off was one of them. I've been buying this line for my son to play with one day, and it's getting harder and harder not to break into the pile of figs. He's one I'll have to get one for myself too haha!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I have no idea what an "animated core" Orko is; I'll wait until I do know before ordering one, though I will probably want it since it's Orko. Could be a robot Orko from the upcoming series? They have preorders for a bunch of those guys up now, but he doesn't show up in the list if you filter by characters appearing in that show.
It's an Orko you can connect other He-Mans to to make a giant He-Man

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Rhyno posted:

It's all the stuff for the kiddie Netflix show.

Excellent, thanks. That's what I was hoping it was. I missed the preorders on that Eternia Minis Orko and could not find it at Target. Not this time Orko!

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Jitsu is one of those guys that doesn't give me the nostalgia pangs because I didn't have the 80s toy and my best friend with a cool MOTU collection didn't have it either, but he's a neat-looking character and might as well join the gang.

I loved Jitsu and he's one of 5 of my guys that still work and look like they just came out of the box (poor Stinkors legs... dear god his legs!). When I was 6ish I would use his chopping hand to chop my older sister in her arm. Get her Jitsu! Good times.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I hope it's that techno ORK-0 from the trailer.

I'm probably just gonna order all of it and cancel based on photos.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Buckle up.

Four Horsemen's "Cosmic Legions" are coming.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Oh great, now I'm interested.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
All based on the New Adventures of He-man i bet.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Grant DaNasty posted:

Buckle up.

Four Horsemen's "Cosmic Legions" are coming.

Called it! Can't wait though I'm sure that's going to be a Jar Jar face

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Excited to get the first wave in two years!

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Surprisingly that dude does nothing for me... Might be interested when better shots come out so we can get a clear parts breakdown. The interchangeability with Mythic Legions is going to be interesting.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I have no interest in Goro but I assume the lineup would also include humans (and near humans) in cool sci-fi gear too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Ok, go on.