Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 362 days!

Paranoid Peanut posted:

Lmao open Biden is a real quote
:shepface:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BHpddIOErY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Paranoid Peanut posted:

Lmao open Biden is a real quote

we say the magic word

open biden *dentures rattle*

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy

Steve Yun posted:

between milo, Candace Owens and Rogan all saying they got covid this week

gonna put a dark horse bet on them getting offered money to say ivermectin saved them by someone with a financial interest in it

counterpoint: they actually caught covid and chose to take horse paste because they are chuds

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

please no stop

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Steve Yun posted:

Looking forward to the North Star variant

the memes will be powerful

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 362 days!

Steve Yun posted:

between milo, Candace Owens and Rogan all saying they got covid this week
Candace Owens will die of covid before ever admitting she contracted covid

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
open biden is an ancient sumerian word that snows you and reboots your brain, thats why it sounds so loving stupid but it's not, you're simply experiencing prodromal schizophrenia everytime you repeat it in your head and it echos. It's password protected for a reason.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Lastgirl posted:

open biden is an ancient sumerian word that snows you and reboots your brain, thats why it sounds so loving stupid but it's not, you're simply experiencing prodromal schizophrenia everytime you repeat it in your head and it echos. It's password protected for a reason.

drat, it's like snow crash

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

if Rogan gets brain fog will anyone be able to tell?

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Pillowpants posted:

Two weeks ago, a coworker had to take bereavement time because her mom died of Covid

last week her dad died of Covid

Friday, her husband tested positive

Monday he went to the ICU

Today, she tested positive.

drat

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Shifty Pony posted:

That's what the brain pills are for

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Whoops, my bad, you’re right. This is killing as many billionaires as line cooks.

Of course class is a factor, because the rich don't work. I was replying to "If you can afford supportive, proactive care, this disease might as well not exist for you."

America is the only allegedly developed country where people can't "afford" pro active care.

Doctor
Jul 22, 2005

GO TO YOUR ROOM!

Nancy Pelosi HAS to be absolutely loving shittered in this Open Biden clip, right

right???

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 362 days!

Shifty Pony posted:

relax bro, u just double up on the piracetam and 4x the infowars megamind daily booster

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Pillowpants posted:

Two weeks ago, a coworker had to take bereavement time because her mom died of Covid

last week her dad died of Covid

Friday, her husband tested positive

Monday he went to the ICU

Today, she tested positive.

drat the new Craig David single is grim

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Of course class is a factor, because the rich don't work. I was replying to "If you can afford supportive, proactive care, this disease might as well not exist for you."

America is the only allegedly developed country where people can't "afford" pro active care.

Line cook mortality in the US was 160% in 2020 what it was in 2019, here it is absolutely a purge of the poor.

The rich can afford constant testing and proactive care / monoclonal care and don’t care. Everyone else can’t.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Rogan's thought process is like a bad N64 game. pea soup fog two seconds of movement away and poo poo still has visible pop-in.

and Rogan is built like Oddjob in Goldeneye 007.

whiskey patrol
Feb 26, 2003
I lol everytime people say 'its endemic now - we just gotta learn to live with it' and mean it's time to end NPIs. Endemic covid means never ending NPIs and masks since variants are going to continue to emerge and our vaccine only strategy is clearly failing.

Our hospital system is already straining hard and this wave is only starting. Annual/semi annual waves will break things worse every time as the nurses etc. won't be replaced anywhere near fast enough. And that's assuming the current wave won't collapse our health care system. We seem to be paralleling India right down to angry relatives attacking healthcare workers. I guess we have more refrigerated trucks though so I'm sure it will be fine.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Joe Rogan is considerably dumber than Alex Jones.

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Shifty Pony posted:

Rogan's thought process is like a bad N64 game. pea soup fog two seconds of movement away and poo poo still has visible pop-in.

and Rogan is built like Oddjob in Goldeneye 007.

Joe Rogan is 5’5” which is sort of at odds with the tough guy poo poo everyone I’ve ever known to listen to him shovels.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

whiskey patrol posted:

I lol everytime people say 'its endemic now - we just gotta learn to live with it' and mean it's time to end NPIs. Endemic covid means never ending NPIs and masks since variants are going to continue to emerge and our vaccine only strategy is clearly failing.

Our hospital system is already straining hard and this wave is only starting. Annual/semi annual waves will break things worse every time as the nurses etc. won't be replaced anywhere near fast enough. And that's assuming the current wave won't collapse our health care system. We seem to be paralleling India right down to angry relatives attacking healthcare workers. I guess we have more refrigerated trucks though so I'm sure it will be fine.

Soon QVC will be selling family pyre funeral accessories.

made in the USA!

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/me...sedgdhp&pc=U531 well those were my choice ones until I got my hands on 3Ms again :lol:

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

whiskey patrol posted:

how about, gently caress u :smug:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

whiskey patrol posted:

There will never be a national vaccine mandate, so that won't save us.
There will never be another lockdown, so that won't save us.
Capital will never feel enough of a sting so they have no incentive to produce better treatments or provide flexible work options, so the private sector won't save us.

Maybe the virus will just mutate into a less effective version of itself completely counter to our understanding of how natural selection functions?
Just 'cause?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/alohacatss/status/1433193197606346758

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/me...sedgdhp&pc=U531 well those were my choice ones until I got my hands on 3Ms again :lol:

a substandard knockoff attempt at an N95 is still likely better than a cloth or surgical mask

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
jamie pulls up a pic of a gorilla for the last time

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I wouldn’t be surprised at all if this current SCOTUS invalidates vaccine mandates of any sort despite over a century of precedence.

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Google Butt posted:

rip joe organs

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Maybe the virus will just mutate into a less effective version of itself completely counter to our understanding of how natural selection functions?
Just 'cause?
Really this is my.only hope for a semi normal future at this point

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

a substandard knockoff attempt at an N95 is still likely better than a cloth or surgical mask

I ran in them for a year-ish and I've got my last one right now. but I've got 100+ 3Ms and a respirator so I don't really care. I haven't been able to find those in the link for a bit now.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if this current SCOTUS invalidates vaccine mandates of any sort despite over a century of precedence.

You know that's the most likely endgame

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

my wife has been fighting the good fight with her employer since March

she and a group of other workers have genuinely done a good job of pushing back on HR and demanding covid safety protocols. management is horrifically unorganized, but she and others have won big concessions

however it’s not time for back to the office, and people are going to be made to go in a couple days a week. it’s the thin edge of the knife, and no one has the balls to really resist by just not complying (no union, largely professional workers)

and so, it’s back to square one. protect yourself, let everything burn, prepare for the worst

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

Der Meister posted:

al gore would not have invaded Iraq prob. just some missiles maybe. idk could be wrong

Given how bad folks like Biden were pushing for the war I dunno.

But the bigger point is blaming Nader instead of, say, the DNC for utterly ham-handing the Gore campaign after the impeachment or forgetting that way, way more Democrats voted for Bush than crossed over for Nader.

It's the "we can't fail, we can only be failed" thing the DNC has been doing to cover up their fuckups for decades now. I mean they're yelling at Susan Sarandon for what just happened in Texas.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I'm so loving annoyed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6RmYJ717FU

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

legsarerequired posted:

I live in a large city in Texas. I wore my respirator and safety goggles out for the first time Monday to get a free covid antibodies test as part of a research study. I think people were actively looking away from me, including masked and unmasked people. I overheard a little kid ask "Why is she wearing that?" and her mother responded "Why not? She's being careful."

I am nervous about wearing it to work once we're required to report back to the office, especially since people seemed to have a hard time understanding me with the respirator compared to when I go out with my vogmask. I'm aware of the Honeywell respirator with a speech valve, but I'm not convinced the speech valve sufficiently protects others from my aerosols--I put my hand under the valve and I feel my breathe flow right out! Covering the valve on the other hand would probably muffle my voice, defeating the purpose. My office is apparently planning on doing the pointless "mask off at your desk if you're vaccinated*, masks on everywhere else" as if our cubicles have aerosol-blocking properties...

* and of course, we're relying on the honors system to determine who's vaccinated or not..

I own that honeywell with a speech diaphragm, the ru8500. it is NOT a vent, all the speech diaphragms are taunt pieces of plastic that vibrates like a drum head from your voice. i definitely still sound muffled, but it's more like comparing Bane speaking to the TF2 pyro.

I'd suggest getting a HF800 from zoro if you want a speech diaphragm, my RU8500 is the least comfortable of the 3 respirators I own, and it doesn't fit my face as well as the honeywell 7700 or HF800.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

LOL

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Well poo poo, the house is still on fire and we're all out of water
better throw these wood shavings and old newspapers on it and see if that puts it out

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

however it’s not time for back to the office, and people are going to be made to go in a couple days a week. it’s the thin edge of the knife, and no one has the balls to really resist by just not complying (no union, largely professional workers)

I bolded the part that's bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

:aaaaa::eyepop::yaycat:

Holy poo poo thanks Rubby!