Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Answers Me posted:

I've never seen this, but would very much like to. I also find it impossible to guess when this would actually have been - seems like it could have occurred at any point in the last 15 years.
I don't remember which retirement it was, maybe after he lost to The Undertaker at Wrestlemania

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Humbled Humiliated Hunter

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I also remember him losing then standing in the ring waiting for his thank you hunter chant that never came

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i remember that too. he took loving forever to leave the ring

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

This should be added to the OP it's that good.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

History Comes Inside! posted:

I also remember him losing then standing in the ring waiting for his thank you hunter chant that never came
It had to have been the RAW after a wrestlemania or Summerslam and it was way before The Authority or NXT Papa H eras.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Quantum of Phallus posted:

you're out of your minds if you think NXT is anywhere as close to how bad raw is or has been over the last three years

yeah because it’s worse. raw at least gave us charlotte vs nia

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

i remember that too. he took loving forever to leave the ring

Ok i thiiiiiink it was Wrestlemania 28 Hunter v Undertaker because the match ends and the post-match lasts seven minutes of mostly silent crowd while Hunter is dead then HBK and Taker carry Hunter to the back to the silent crowd and Undertaker's theme.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I quickly glanced at cagematch and none of the losses he took stand out to me as being The One Where He Didn’t Get His Retirement Chant but maybe someone else will have a better memory.

https://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=496&page=4

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

it was when he lost to brock in 2012 or 2013 one of those matches

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
SummerSlam 2012 vs Brock, I'm pretty sure.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Now Triple H is going to quit and go to AEW to fight Cody.

It will take 14 hours and feature 27 run-ins. Then Cody's entrance will start.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Gotta say, the bit in Fighting with my Family where she gets potatoed in the performance centre, gives a receipt, and then the trainer firmly says "no, we don't do that in WWE" is now even more hilarious after that amazing clinic that their most protected female wrestlers just put on.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

MJeff posted:

SummerSlam 2012 vs Brock, I'm pretty sure.

Yeah it was when Brock broke his arm with the kimura, I believe he also got You Tapped Out chants

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

the funny thing about wwe is how you all love it.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

That DICK! posted:

no there was definitely some match, maybe the roman title match, where he stuck around the ring for the big "oh gee whiz i lost i cant believe it im so hosed up but i must leave the ring on my own power and the power of my friends" and everyone just chanted that

it was when humiliated loser Hunter lost to Brock by kimura and sold his arm for like 5 minutes post match hoping for sympy. he got no sympy. 2012ish maybe?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

That DICK! posted:

the funny thing about wwe is how you all love it.

it’s not funny

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

it's funny how people put up with it for so long because there were no other options/tna was worse

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

RandolphCarter posted:

Looks like the joker without the makeup

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Pamela Springstein posted:

it was when humiliated loser Hunter lost to Brock by kimura and sold his arm for like 5 minutes post match hoping for sympy. he got no sympy. 2012ish maybe?

Didn't some of the crowd start chanting "you tapped out" instead?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS2Hrl4VNr8

end of match starts around 21:00

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

hahahahahaha it’s so lame

bartok
May 10, 2006

it's funny how people put up with it for so long because there were no other options/tna was worse

It literally took them doing propaganda for the KSA and bringing Hulk Hogan back to finally get me to quit watching.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Humbled Humiliated Hunter

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

What a fuckin' loser lmao

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

bartok posted:

It literally took them doing propaganda for the KSA and bringing Hulk Hogan back to finally get me to quit watching.

The Ashley Massaro affidavit really cut down on my viewing - I didn't watch any WWE content until the Rumble 2020 when I reactivated it temporarily to watch a bit of the built to Mania.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

It's amazing really. I started watching regularly at the beginning of 2013 and I was completely done and free with all WWE programming by early 2015 because it was just bad. I can't believe there are people that have stuck around watching for longer, especially considering how much good wrestling has always been out there and easy to find in the last decade.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

iirc weekly NXT was supposed to have been consistently good until Sami Zayn left? idk, I didn't watch NXT in its prime, but yeah, most every NXT PPV from Arrival to Takeover NOLA is absolute gold

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Venomous posted:

iirc weekly NXT was supposed to have been consistently good until Sami Zayn left? idk, I didn't watch NXT in its prime, but yeah, most every NXT PPV from Arrival to Takeover NOLA is absolute gold

Zayn / Nakamura is certainly the the highwater mark in my mind

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Breetai posted:

Gotta say, the bit in Fighting with my Family where she gets potatoed in the performance centre, gives a receipt, and then the trainer firmly says "no, we don't do that in WWE" is now even more hilarious after that amazing clinic that their most protected female wrestlers just put on.

Part of me wants to like that movie but the smarter part of me realizes what an absolutely ridiculous propaganda piece it is for the WWE.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

it’s not a very good movie regardless of the wwe propaganda

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

lol, thank you

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
To me the definitive end of NXT was TakeOver 25 with Adam Cole v Gargano 2/3 Falls being the end of the era and the last truly great NXT match. Since then there were great matches but they were NXT UK anomalies because WALTER is one of the best wrestlers on earth.

I know people try to cut it off at like 2015 but so much awesomeness happened afterwards and still did for years on that a lot of it feels like revisionism, yes the Gargano v Ciampa feud was overindulgent in length but the build to their break up and feud was one of if not the best storylines in WWE of the 2010s and their first match was a five star classic.

You also lose things like Gargano v Andrade, Aleister Black being loving amazing, Rico Chet not being a dork, Adam Cole... there was a lot to NXT in the last decade but it collapsed fast.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
"Billy, Hunter. How much for the NWA?"

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

NXT peaked with Zayn beating Neville and everything since has been a sloooooow burning crash to now.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I took a Mr Tito sign to a Thunder and I now regret that decision

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Dimebags Brain posted:

NXT peaked with Zayn beating Neville and everything since has been a sloooooow burning crash to now.

This. NXT had 2014 which was just like a flawless year. Everything else was diminishing returns.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Humiliation For---And I Cannot Stress Enough---Loser Hunter

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

SonicRulez posted:

This. NXT had 2014 which was just like a flawless year. Everything else was diminishing returns.

NXT wasn't even the best weekly show in 2014... Lucha Underground Season 1.

Oh and I stupidly forgot to mention the whole rise of the Four Horsewomen in NXT post-that year. I don't know I just hate revisionism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)