Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

FluffieDuckie posted:

Billy Bob is staying with us while his parents get married

He's adorable and needs someone to play with him constantly. We don't seem to be able to wear him out.

that is a handsome mustache indeed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny

:sickos:

Code Jockey posted:

look at this dog

"how you doin'?"

Code Jockey posted:

you and me both friend

I took this photo of her and it makes her look all big head mode lol

:3:

FluffieDuckie posted:

He's adorable and needs someone to play with him constantly. We don't seem to be able to wear him out.

omg another good doggo! :glomp:

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

ChubbyChecker

FluffieDuckie posted:

xcheopis

Lots of darling dogs showing up!

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

City of Glompton

i am sad to report that special agent Cooper had to be reassigned last week. i have been putting of making this post because it makes me feel bad :(

he hadn't been around other animals so the shelter didn't know his disposition with them, and it turns out, he'd really like to eat the cats. we tried several thru-the-door introductions, and the last time he damaged the door in his desperate attempt to get to Reggie :( i couldn't bear it if he hurt either of them

in happy news, he has already been adopted (presumably by someone with no small animals). i wish them a happy time together, besides the cat problem he was a very sweet and good boy

welp here are some happier things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYSNFeCnaJc

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

xcheopis

City of Glompton posted:

i am sad to report that special agent Cooper had to be reassigned last week. i have been putting of making this post because it makes me feel bad :(

he hadn't been around other animals so the shelter didn't know his disposition with them, and it turns out, he'd really like to eat the cats. we tried several thru-the-door introductions, and the last time he damaged the door in his desperate attempt to get to Reggie :( i couldn't bear it if he hurt either of them

in happy news, he has already been adopted (presumably by someone with no small animals). i wish them a happy time together, besides the cat problem he was a very sweet and good boy

Aw, man! That's a shame. :(

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Aw, I'm sorry. I'm glad he's already in another home where he can be equally loved as he was at yours, and where he can stay safe so he can learn to be a super good boy around other animals in his own time.

Ass-penny

That's a bummer he is a great dog. Glad he's going to a good family tho, and that Heidi and Reggie and the chickens are good n safe.

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

rear end-penny posted:

That's a bummer he is a great dog. Glad he's going to a good family tho, and that Heidi and Reggie and the chickens are good n safe.

FluffieDuckie

City of Glompton posted:

:glomp:

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Manifisto

City of Glompton posted:

very sorry to hear it but you're doing the right thing. doesn't make it any easier I imagine.

I love the boks running to catch up at the end

ty nesamdoom!

GATOS Y VATOS

GATOS Y VATOS

update:

xcheopis

The best land koi :kimchi:

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

what an absolutely beautiful coat, wow :kimchi:

Ass-penny

GYV tell your cat I love them.

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free
dog

xcheopis

Time for another round of BOOP! THAT! SNOOT!

City of Glompton

beautiful cat good dog :hai:

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

xcheopis posted:

Time for another round of BOOP! THAT! SNOOT!

one snoot as requested

bonus goofy rear end look, this dog loves getting her neck / scruff scratched more than any other dog I've ever met and she just gets so goofy when I do it

Ass-penny

Code Jockey posted:

one snoot as requested

bonus goofy rear end look, this dog loves getting her neck / scruff scratched more than any other dog I've ever met and she just gets so goofy when I do it

lmao that's a A+ woofer right there.

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

GATOS Y VATOS

Code Jockey posted:

what an absolutely beautiful coat, wow :kimchi:

rear end-penny posted:

GYV tell your cat I love them.

thank you! her name is Lulu, she’s 13 years old, and loves food and snuggles.

she does not like her roomie Rokit.

Ass-penny

I think I have friends with a cat named Rokit.

ChubbyChecker

:nice:

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
So, I'm considering an octopus at some point in my life. I want to learn things from the 'pod.

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free
A lesson in self defense from Chloe

When an attacker approaches you with a knife

Take the knife in your mouth

and throw it to the floor, disarming your attacker. Chew on the knife to intimidate your attacker as well

This has been a lesson in self defense from Chloe. High five!

FutonForensic

thanks Chloe

Ass-penny

KaBob posted:

So, I'm considering an octopus at some point in my life. I want to learn things from the 'pod.

I love em but I don't know if I could keep one.

FutonForensic posted:

thanks Chloe

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free
Isn't it really, really hard to keep an octopus because they're so intelligent and good at escaping?

GATOS Y VATOS

Years ago someone had a thread about keeping octopus. From what I remember of it:

Octopus are around as intelligent as a cat, but in a weird, alien way.

They also have really good eyesight and can squirt you from across the room if you aren't careful. And yes you have to take measurements to prevent them from escaping.

You will probably only have your octopus friend for 6 months or so before they die.

Stoner Sloth

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Years ago someone had a thread about keeping octopus. From what I remember of it:

Octopus are around as intelligent as a cat, but in a weird, alien way.

They also have really good eyesight and can squirt you from across the room if you aren't careful. And yes you have to take measurements to prevent them from escaping.

You will probably only have your octopus friend for 6 months or so before they die.

i looked after a couple of octopus, most notably a lovely lil blue ring octopus called George when i was working at a university marine biology lab

yeah sadly they don't live long at all - it's down to the hormonal changes that go with sexual maturation in octopus. where they've effectively neutered them they live considerably longer but otherwise the males basically die off after mating (within a few months) and the females die after their single brood of eggs is hatched.

i think larger pacific striped octopus are about the only species which can have multiple lots of eggs

cruft

If memory serves, the Seattle aquarium would regularly find their octopus on the floor when they showed up for work in the morning.

I figure if they can't keep the fuckers in the tank, nobody can.

Stoner Sloth

cruft posted:

If memory serves, the Seattle aquarium would regularly find their octopus on the floor when they showed up for work in the morning.

I figure if they can't keep the fuckers in the tank, nobody can.

lol George got out and into the tank below his and ate someone's grad project

ChubbyChecker

Stoner Sloth posted:

lmao

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

Stoner Sloth posted:

lol that rules

cruft

Octopuses are hella cool and I like the thing I just read comparing meeting one to meeting an intelligent underwater alien.

There's no way in hell would I want anything that intelligent living in my house as a pet. I can't even figure out why Ruby gets pissy about being moved at night.

cruft

Ruby is a dog.

cruft

Felt like I ought to clear that one up pre-emptively.

Stoner Sloth

cruft posted:

Ruby is a dog.

a very good dog, please give Ruby pats for me :)

but would agree about the octopus being intelligent underwater aliens - you wonder what goes through their minds when they're watching us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis

Stoner Sloth posted:

you wonder what goes through their minds when they're watching us

"Soon... soon"