Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Fate Accomplice posted:

This is even dumber than leagues that snake draft in 2021.

This is the league logo... (nsfw)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Any best ball drafting advice? Recommended platforms? I have done some research and seems the key differences from redraft are boom/bust players have higher value and stacking players on a team you think is going to perform well can be advantageous. I thought I had read somewhere in the thread someone having a best ball version of Beersheets but maybe I'm mistaken?

Any thoughts on 4for4? Does Beersheets get a kickback if I go with them? Wondering if that's a way to throw them some love while gaining a tool.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I forgot my leagues draft tonight has some weird roster and scoring settings, so there’s no beer sheet for it yet. What are the chances it will be produced in the next 6 hours?

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
1PPR, superflex league- all things being equal, which set of keepers would you rather have?

Option 1:
Kelce
Gus Edwards
Brandon Aiyuk

Option 2:
Justin Jefferson
Travis Kelce
Gus Edwards
Lose a 2nd rounder

Option 3:
Tua
Justin Jefferson
Gus Edwards
Lose a 2nd rounder

Mikey Purp fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Sep 1, 2021

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Mikey Purp posted:

1PPR, superflex league- all things being equal, which set of keepers would you rather have?

Option 1:
Kelce
Gus Edwards
Brandon Aiyuk

Option 2:
Justin Jefferson
Travis Kelce
Gus Edwards
Lose a 2nd rounder

Option 3:
Tua
Justin Jefferson
Gus Edwards
Lose a 2nd rounder

Option 3 is clearly inferior to 2 even in superflex (hmm Tua or Kelce), and Justin Jefferson is better than a 2nd + Aiyuk after 2-3 rounds of keepers have been removed from the pool, so option 2 is my pick

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Mikey Purp posted:

Option 1:
Kelce
Gus Edwards
Brandon Aiyuk

Option 2:
Justin Jefferson
Travis Kelce
Gus Edwards
Lose a 2nd rounder

Option 3:
Tua
Justin Jefferson
Gus Edwards
Lose a 2nd rounder

I'd slam #2 over #3, even in superflex Jefferson is more valuable than Tua. I think I lean #2 over #1 but it kinda depends on how many teams in your league and where you pick in the 2nd round, and also what kind of guys get kept -- i think Jefferson would be an early 3rd round / late 2nd in a superflex league generally but that depends on how many guys are snapped up as keepers...etc.

ed: sourdough is right

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Levin posted:

Any best ball drafting advice? Recommended platforms? I have done some research and seems the key differences from redraft are boom/bust players have higher value and stacking players on a team you think is going to perform well can be advantageous. I thought I had read somewhere in the thread someone having a best ball version of Beersheets but maybe I'm mistaken?

Any thoughts on 4for4? Does Beersheets get a kickback if I go with them? Wondering if that's a way to throw them some love while gaining a tool.

Beersheets does get a kickback if you use the promo code for 4for4 on Beersheets

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

RCarr posted:

I forgot my leagues draft tonight has some weird roster and scoring settings, so there’s no beer sheet for it yet. What are the chances it will be produced in the next 6 hours?

Hop in the Football Absurdity discord and give a shout out regarding the issue. Beer runs it daily at this point, so you should be able to get him to run one..

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Mikey Purp posted:

Option 1:
Kelce
Gus Edwards
Brandon Aiyuk

Option 2:
Justin Jefferson
Travis Kelce
Gus Edwards
Lose a 2nd rounder

Option 3:
Tua
Justin Jefferson
Gus Edwards
Lose a 2nd rounder

2 easily

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

:agreed:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Sataere posted:

Hop in the Football Absurdity discord and give a shout out regarding the issue. Beer runs it daily at this point, so you should be able to get him to run one..

Do I need an invite?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

RCarr posted:

Do I need an invite?

sent you a dm

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Spoeank posted:

sent you a dm

Thanks!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Sataere posted:

What’s beer’s name in the discord? I put up a post in the general chat channel but not sure if he will see it.

Edit: He updated! Thank you!

RCarr fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Sep 1, 2021

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

edit: mistake

Levin fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Sep 3, 2021

GibbonTrainer
Apr 19, 2010
Dynasty team going into its third year in 14 team league. Still chasing a championship. Loss of Barkley last year hurt.

QB: Herbert, Tannehill, Goff
RB: Barkley, Jacobs, Mostert, Hunt, Carter, Akers, Penny, Murray
WR: Diggs, Metcalf, AJ Brown, Sutton, Samuel, Davis, Jefferson, Valdez-Scantling
TE: Fant, Gronk

Just finished my half-PPR 8 team draft. My WR picks didn’t go the way I wanted. Hope one of OBJ or Sutton comes back strong…

QB: Allen
RB: Jones, Helaire, Carson, Edwards, Dillon
WR: Hill, Thielen, OBJ, Sutton, Landry, Mooney, Cooks
TE: Hockenson

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

GibbonTrainer posted:

Dynasty team going into its third year in 14 team league. Still chasing a championship. Loss of Barkley last year hurt.

QB: Herbert, Tannehill, Goff
RB: Barkley, Jacobs, Mostert, Hunt, Carter, Akers, Penny, Murray
WR: Diggs, Metcalf, AJ Brown, Sutton, Samuel, Davis, Jefferson, Valdez-Scantling
TE: Fant, Gronk

Just finished my half-PPR 8 team draft. My WR picks didn’t go the way I wanted. Hope one of OBJ or Sutton comes back strong…

QB: Allen
RB: Jones, Helaire, Carson, Edwards, Dillon
WR: Hill, Thielen, OBJ, Sutton, Landry, Mooney, Cooks
TE: Hockenson
Mooney is Money spelled with an extra o for emphasis, you'll be fine.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Had my big money draft on Friday night. 12 team, .5ppr, Superflex Auction League in it's 12th season. Below are the draft results if anyone is bored and wants to take a look. Worth noting that this was before the Dobbins injury, and teams 2 and 8 made a 6 player trade right after the draft of Herbert, Carson, and Thomas for Swift, Taylor, and Hockenson.

Frustrated fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Sep 1, 2021

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I'm in a Dynasty league for the first time this year. Three players I drafted in our 30 round draft, (in no particular order) Kawaan Baker, Kenny Yeboah, and Seth Williams, all got cut. How do you guys usually handle that? My gut tells me cut and pick up players on an active roster, but I imagine the situation the player is in should be taken into account. We have a Taxi Squad of 5 players and the player can stay there through their second season if they never leave.

For example Seth Williams is already officially on Denver's Practice Squad; Courtland Sutton and Tim Patrick are both on the last year of their contracts and DaeSean Hamilton is injured and probably not coming back. The other names on the WR roster dont jump out at me. Is he worth keeping on my Taxi Squad if I dont see a player I like more on the waiver wire or should I definitely be gunning for someone on an active roster?

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I'm in a Dynasty league for the first time this year. Three players I drafted in our 30 round draft, (in no particular order) Kawaan Baker, Kenny Yeboah, and Seth Williams, all got cut. How do you guys usually handle that? My gut tells me cut and pick up players on an active roster, but I imagine the situation the player is in should be taken into account. We have a Taxi Squad of 5 players and the player can stay there through their second season if they never leave.

For example Seth Williams is already officially on Denver's Practice Squad; Courtland Sutton and Tim Patrick are both on the last year of their contracts and DaeSean Hamilton is injured and probably not coming back. The other names on the WR roster dont jump out at me. Is he worth keeping on my Taxi Squad if I dont see a player I like more on the waiver wire or should I definitely be gunning for someone on an active roster?

Jeudy was a (top 15?) first round pick last year and there's a decent chance Sutton gets re-signed.

Generally, good players don't cut get. And they don't get cut and go unclaimed. I'd be rostering RB backups over those guys.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Zauper posted:

Jeudy was a (top 15?) first round pick last year and there's a decent chance Sutton gets re-signed.

Generally, good players don't cut get. And they don't get cut and go unclaimed. I'd be rostering RB backups over those guys.
Yeah that was my expectation. Its a 12 team league that drafted 30 rounds so the "backup" RBs are all gone as well as most third stringers. This is what the waiver wire currently looks like:

Yes, the list is down to guys who are not even rostered.

So yeah, I can try to pick up RBs but I already have 9 of my 30 roster spots as RBs, including a bunch of long shots. My full RB lineup is:
Cook
Swift
Jacobs
Michael Carter
Jamaal Williams
Jermar Jefferson
Alexander Mattison
Tony Jones
JJ Taylor

Yes, I have the top 3 backs on the Lions. I may be an idiot.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I like my dynasty league with smaller rosters so cuts are painful and quality is out there if you need it. It's way more fun than hoping Rex Burkhead suddenly becomes amazing. But then again I'm in a 10 team league with no taxi.

edit: I have cuts coming up and will have to part with four of these guys.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Sep 1, 2021

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

kiimo posted:

I like my dynasty league with smaller rosters so cuts are painful and quality is out there if you need it. It's way more fun than hoping Rex Burkhead suddenly becomes amazing

If you aren't lying to yourself about possible production, are you really playing fantasy football?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

kiimo posted:

I like my dynasty league with smaller rosters so cuts are painful and quality is out there if you need it. It's way more fun than hoping Rex Burkhead suddenly becomes amazing. But then again I'm in a 10 team league with no taxi.

edit: I have cuts coming up and will have to part with four of these guys.

Still not very painful cuts lol

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Tentatively thinking

Albert Wilson
Preston Williams
Alan Lazard
Anthony Schwarz

please help I feel even these guys have potential haha

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Trying to find quality with 12 people having 30 players is painful. I can't stress how much I loving hate the sleeper app.

Edit: I should say "finding a rostered rookie" is hard.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Sep 2, 2021

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

kiimo posted:

Tentatively thinking

Albert Wilson
Preston Williams
Alan Lazard
Anthony Schwarz

They have lots of that potential energy, until you drop them. Let them be free.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Albert Wilson, Anthony Schwartz, Rashaad Penny, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Quez Watkins are all "don't even need to think about it, drop away" imo

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Yeah that was my expectation. Its a 12 team league that drafted 30 rounds so the "backup" RBs are all gone as well as most third stringers. This is what the waiver wire currently looks like:

Yes, the list is down to guys who are not even rostered.
This is the most barren thing I have ever seen, I love it.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If Alex Collins is listed above Rashaad Penny on the depth chart I'll drop him. Until then, the main backup to often injured Chris Carson is worth having especially if they spent a first round pick on him.

Quez Watkins was running with the first team offense in camp but I'm not a huge believer I admit.

Peoples Jones is the third wideout on the Browns and if Odell or Landry go down his targets jump.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

kiimo posted:

Tentatively thinking

Albert Wilson
Preston Williams
Alan Lazard
Anthony Schwarz

I would not drop Schwartz this early in dynasty. He’s just turning 21 in a few days, was an early declare for the draft, and has elite speed. He will do very little this season but I think he profiles favorably for the types of plays they like to run with Beckham and I would be surprised if they do not move from Beckham next year. The RotoUnderworld Breakout Finder loves him.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Um I just dropped him MOMENTS ago haha

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

kiimo posted:

Tentatively thinking

Albert Wilson
Preston Williams
Alan Lazard
Anthony Schwarz

Lemme tell you about this scrappy 7th rounder Demetric Felton......

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

kiimo posted:

If Alex Collins is listed above Rashaad Penny on the depth chart I'll drop him. Until then, the main backup to often injured Chris Carson is worth having especially if they spent a first round pick on him.

Quez Watkins was running with the first team offense in camp but I'm not a huge believer I admit.

Peoples Jones is the third wideout on the Browns and if Odell or Landry go down his targets jump.

You've got way higher expectation of Penny than me :shobon: Him being picked in the 1st round was many years and injuries ago. If Carson is injured, Collins or Travis Homer or Deejay Dallas or a random vet will be the guy.

And I think you're right on at least Preston Williams being the better cut than DPJ, I guess DPJ is a dynasty hold but I don't think you're hoping for any fantasy production soon really, injuries or not.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Isn't Penny hurt even more frequently than Carson?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I have a week to make cuts but like I said Penny will probably go

Albert Wilson is listed as a starter on Miami's tentative depth chart. He's performed in the league before, he's no scrub if healthy.

And yes I believe in my dynasty bench way too much but that's half the fun. This is how Jacobi Meyers got his start after all.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Sep 2, 2021

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Wilson is a low ceiling, bad kinda flier. The dolphins WR room is crowded with better and younger WRs than him.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
In a cautionary take for folks with upcoming auction drafts, don’t overly complicate poo poo. It’s good to have a budget strategy, but don’t get scared by high numbers. Here are my drafts from two different leagues (one SA league, one not). The first I was pretty hesitant to spend cash, the second I wasn’t. Guess which one I’m happier with?

Note on the one above: You can tell how much cash I had left over by how much I dropped on Hines. Had that much left, spent it all.

Eerily enough, still got Hines. And Fant. I got a lot of Fant shares across my leagues. Guess he’s my low-cost TE option this year.

I feel like I’ve been taking a few risks each draft to fill out low cost roster spots, especially looking at rookies or dudes that are gonna start out the season on IR like Michael Thomas.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

sourdough posted:

Wilson is a low ceiling, bad kinda flier. The dolphins WR room is crowded with better and younger WRs than him.

Do you play dynasty? I don't compare Wilson to the two other WRs that are starting. Those guys are on rosters. I compare him to other guys on my bench, many of who are NOT starters. And to free agents. Most of these guys on my bench won't ever start for my team, micro-managing them is mostly for shits and giggles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

VietCampo posted:

Isn't Penny hurt even more frequently than Carson?

He only played a couple of games last year

There are people who are high on him this year but he hasn’t demonstrated any reason for it other than he isn’t broken and Carson isn’t durable. There isn’t a clear cut RB2 on the team