Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
super james pond - current 100% WR holder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

That Little Demon posted:

super james pond - current 100% WR holder

lol, ive been thinking of running a game no one ever has ever as for this title

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Shadowrun: Hong Kong

These were a cool pair of games

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Miitopia (Switch version)

Cute at the beginning but like twice as long as it needs to be.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
28. Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido (Jinrai + Tigazo + Batten)

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Twelve Minutes. ignoring the memes, had some fun figuring out the puzzles til about the halfway point, but the interactions were so prescribed that by the end i just felt id been led by the nose through the whole thing

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

30. Dragon Quest VI. It was too long and most of the locations and dungeons aren't particularly memorable but it's a jobs system jrpg so it's a 9.5/10.

In Training fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Sep 3, 2021

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles

Hey Chief
Feb 21, 2013

Murder Dog IV: Trial of the Murder Dog

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Hey Chief posted:

that game rules

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In Training posted:

Dragon Quest VI. It was too long and most of the locations and dungeons aren't particularly memorable but it's a jobs system jrpg so it's a 9.5/10.

i'm probably going to get to this sometime early next year. right now, yakuza is my main game and dragon quest/final fantasy replays are my side games. i'm getting through 4 pretty slowly and i'll get interrupted once the other 3 final fantasy pixel remasters come out, and once i finish the yakuza series, i'm switching my main game to dragon quest 11 and my side game to my "playing through the NES library by release date" project.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Dragon Quest VI. It was too long and most of the locations and dungeons aren't particularly memorable but it's a jobs system jrpg so it's a 9.5/10.

This is basically how I felt about it. The dream world/real world stuff was cool though

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

my "playing through the NES library by release date" project.

lol i forgot about this, it kicked rear end. Where did you leave off again?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Hey Chief posted:

googled this based on the name, may have to add it to the future list

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Plebian Parasite posted:

lol i forgot about this, it kicked rear end. Where did you leave off again?

i was still at the beginning, i was working through wrecking crew. maybe i'll add it for when i get burned out of the DQ grind.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

i was still at the beginning, i was working through wrecking crew. maybe i'll add it for when i get burned out of the DQ grind.

There's over 700 liscenced games. You will be at the beginning forever.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Good luck with 10 Yard Fight, learning the piano, and Koei's least penetrable games.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

welcome posted:

Good luck with 10 Yard Fight, learning the piano, and Koei's least penetrable games.

its time for bicyclops to face The Adventures of Bayou Billy

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

TheMexicanRunner did it, I believe in Bicyclops

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Arrhythmia posted:

There's over 700 liscenced games. You will be at the beginning forever.

all i need to do is beat seven of them to be one percent of the way there.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

My brain automatically spat out "Alien Solider: The Mexican Runner" when I read this

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

If some jagoff I've never heard of can do it, Bicyclops can.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
just want you to know that I beat No More Heroes 3 and it's really good poo poo.
Very worth it if you liked the first two. I was a bit worried at first because I wasn't feeling it right away but it hit its stride in short time. It's jank and insanity, in other words art.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

22. Brigand: Oaxaca

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

dark souls 3, cinders mod, all bosses and dlc. just love this game

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

radical dreamers. never bothered with it before but wanted to give it a go after a playthrough of chrono trigger. very short and very interesting, almost feels like a weird survival horror visual novel at times. all of the extra scenarios after you beat the main one are amazing

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

extremebuff posted:

dark souls 3, cinders mod, all bosses and dlc. just love this game

have they said the mod is intended to reach feature-completion and eventually stop updating, or is it in indefinite ongoing development? I want to know if this is a scenario where I should play as soon as possible to avoid an inevitable "caters to terrible audience and ruins the whole thing" phase

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

The Klowner posted:

have they said the mod is intended to reach feature-completion and eventually stop updating, or is it in indefinite ongoing development? I want to know if this is a scenario where I should play as soon as possible to avoid an inevitable "caters to terrible audience and ruins the whole thing" phase

there are so many updates and they each have their own iffy changes that get rolled back etc. its like hl2 smod at this point lol.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Cinders is feature-creeping so heavily that I expect a "modders rebuilt all of Bloodborne within DS3" IGN article by the end of next month

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

https://www.gamesradar.com/how-one-player-turned-skyrim-into-dark-souls-with-500-mods/

Oh lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Arietta of Spirits. This was one of those games showed off at that indie show at E3 where they dropped all the demos right after, and the demo showed enough promise that I decided to get the full game.

Pretty fun little game. It's only like 4 or 5 hours long and I can't help but feel like it would have been better with a lot more--if it were a longer game more tools to use in combat and exploration, more dungeons and more varied environments, etc--but the relative simplicity works with how short it is. Combat has a fun rhythm to it, it's a top-down game like LttP and you have a sword (relatively low attack speed so you're open for a moment after each attack so you have to choose your moment instead of swinging wildly like some of these kinds of games encourage), a force-field that you can only keep up for a few seconds, and a Gungeon-style dodge-roll so combat's all about running around, staying mobile, and choosing the right moment to attack or shield yourself. The art is nice and reminds me a lot of Stardew Valley and the soundtrack is very pleasant. The story was nothing too special overall but had some nice feels right at the beginning and I wish they'd kept that tone throughout the rest of the story.

It's not going to be my GOTY or anything but it was a nice way to spend a few hours and I'll keep my eye out for a sequel or another game from this studio. I've been meaning to play through some short Indie Treasures as a palate cleanser for all the long-rear end JRPGs and everything I've been playing recently and this was a good one to start with.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

30b. DQVI Nokturnus defeated. Real nail biter of a battle, first time I had to swap between all the wagon freeloaders to pull off a victory. Pretty sweet stuff, the best of the super bosses since III IMO.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Earth Defense Force: World Brothers.

Much better than Iron rain, though I still don't feel like Fencers and Air Raiders were fully realized

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

In Training posted:

30b. DQVI Nokturnus defeated. Real nail biter of a battle, first time I had to swap between all the wagon freeloaders to pull off a victory. Pretty sweet stuff, the best of the super bosses since III IMO.

Go back and fight the final boss again after that, you get a much different fight

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
Quake: absolute blast zipping through maps and destroying demons. I think with the extra map packs that come with the base game are worth it making it totally worth the :10bux:. Thought the difficulty was really balanced playing through on hard, and if I ever go back for another run through then I'll try nightmare for sure.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Ys IX: Monstrum Nox.
Not as good as 8, but its an Ys game so it's still pretty good.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Uncharted: Lost Legacy

Took me eight and a half hours, which I think is a great length for a spinoff game. Could always go back and do higher difficulties/treasures, but I'm good for now. It was great to look at, generally fun to play, and I especially enjoyed the middle chapter that was just a big open field which you could do a lot of optional stuff in, and which had a great reward (treasure radar).

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Nutmeg posted:

Quake: absolute blast zipping through maps and destroying demons. I think with the extra map packs that come with the base game are worth it making it totally worth the :10bux:. Thought the difficulty was really balanced playing through on hard, and if I ever go back for another run through then I'll try nightmare for sure.

:yeah:

I’m only a few levels into Dimension of the Machine but so far it’s insanely good

Just 100%ed all goals in THPS1 on the Switch. Took me loving forever to get gold on Burnside but I finally managed after at least 200 attempts

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

turltes in time snes, deunk eith my wife

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

turltes in time snes, deunk eith my wife

Lol