Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

salt shakeup posted:

Do some research and you will find out.

"Do your own research", the battle cry of every anti-intellectual idiot iconoclast from bitcoin enthusiasts to horse deworming paste connoisseurs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Blotto_Otter posted:

"Do your own research", the battle cry of every anti-intellectual idiot iconoclast from bitcoin enthusiasts to horse deworming paste connoisseurs

What I always like is the explicit assumption that we haven't.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The two correct answers are "I have" or "no".

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Hello Sailor posted:

One of us has literally written a book about this too lmao

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

Sashimi posted:

One of us has literally written a book about this too lmao

Hey we're talking about "research" here, not research. Don't bother with any formal schooling in finance or economics or computer science, either, that's education and education ain't got nothin' on "research". You haven't really done "research" until you've googled some poo poo that confirmed your priors, filled your Twitter feed with laser-beam-eye avs, and spent dozens of hours watching Youtube videos with titles like "WHAT (((THEY))) DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOW ABOUT BITCOIN, THE NEW GOLD STANDARD FOR SOUND MONEY"

scopes
Jun 5, 2004
Guys, he doesn't have time to show us his work, he's a very busy cryptographer

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
salt showing his crypto gainz would be peak poggers

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

scopes posted:

Guys, he doesn't have time to show us his work, he's a very busy cryptographer

I hate how coinerz have ruined the word root crypto.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Hello Sailor posted:

Well, if you educated yourself there is no way else you could possibly come to a different conclusion to the “objectively correct” conclusion as I did.

Bad news is this just isn’t the situation among coiners/nocoiners. It’s half of a half of America (the first half don’t get involved in the first place anymore).

quote:

I hate how coinerz have ruined the word root crypto

I have seen a comment about Turing on <computer phile> (YouTube channel) just yesterday asking if it was true that he was a “cryptobro.”

Even the dead can be maligned these days.

DerekSmartymans fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Sep 2, 2021

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

DerekSmartymans posted:

On second thought, I can’t figure which is more appropriate…

I know many, many ways to use a butthole.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I know many, many ways to use a butthole.

K,…Kirk?
Nice to meet ya!!!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

DerekSmartymans posted:

K,…Kirk?
Nice to meet ya!!!

my name is not kirk but i need your help.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

my name is not kirk but i need your help.

Just call me the Giver

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

DerekSmartymans posted:

Just call me the Giver

just don't make me talk to an apple tree

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

DerekSmartymans posted:

Just call me the Giver

Me: That paper over there... it just changed color! Why did it turn green?

Giver: That's fiat currency from the before times. The fallen times. Now it's recycled into toilet paper, the only practical use left.

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
Has salt always been a pro-coiner? Reason I ask is that it doesn’t seem entirely inconceivable that Seraph would purchase an old account so he could continue his buttposting unchallenged.

Or it may just be they have the same kind of brainworms.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
selling 10 buxx accounts to Seraph for $20

number go up

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Repeatedly paying to post on a dead internet forum because 'someone is wrong' is they textbook definition of financial wizardry.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

But I have it on good authority that wizards have no sense of right and wrong.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

salt shakeup posted:

Do some research and you will find out.

eDuCaTe YoUrEsELf

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

PhazonLink posted:

I hate how coinerz have ruined the word root crypto.

Imagine all the bullshit questions from public coiners and idiotic questions and comments from student coiners that any university Professor who teaches cryptography would have to deal with now.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
maybe this is a long term plan from the Japanese language teachers trying to get another subject to have the worst freshman.

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
Now I'm just imagining an autistic savant with the ability to prime decompose gigantic numbers using his power to tank Bitcoin just to watch the world burn. Forget hacking the pentagon and firing the nukes, that's for chumps.

edit: "watch the world burn" is probably the wrong choice of words lol.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
butt coiners that jack off to Deus Ex , but dont really get it, remembering Bob Page : lol we're just use a bigger newer prime.

NUMBER GO UP!

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights

Fame Douglas posted:

Post more coiners to laugh at, IMO.

Last time I posted a stupid funny bitcoin video I got probated for 3 weeks so no.

Somfin posted:

How much money- actual spendable money- have you personally and directly made off of crypto?

My finances are none of your business you weirdo.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Didn't you spam that same video in like dozen threads? So it wasn't the video that got you probed.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

salt shakeup posted:

They are if you're advocating that we should do as you did. Feel free to round to the nearest million, or other amount that you're comfortable with, but please tell us how much in USD you've earned from cashing out cryptocurrency positions that you didn't "reinvest" in cryptocurrencies or NFTs or whatever.

If you can't do that, then I'll take my 70+% increase in index fund share values over the past 3 years, because I did my research.

Hello Sailor fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Sep 3, 2021

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.
Hey google show me a person who thinks they've done research about bitcoin but has only watched 3 youtube videos about it.

DerekSmartymans posted:

Well, if you educated yourself there is no way else you could possibly come to a different conclusion to the “objectively correct” conclusion as I did.

Ah thank you google. Such a useful site.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
You can't know the bitcoin, unless you consume its flesh. It tastes like piss. From what I've heard.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
that's not what i heard it tastes like but maybe it's from a different branch

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

you two probably just drink different flavors of piss

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

salt shakeup posted:

I find the prospect of you having "finances" at all to be highly doubtful.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Hello Sailor posted:

you two probably just drink different flavors of piss

Might I suggest type 1 diabetic with low kidney function? There’s the sweetness from your base diabetes and a subtle richness due to the increased protein content that one simply doesn’t get from your average piss, to say nothing of the improved milkshake quality — should you choose that path, naturally.

tehinternet fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Sep 3, 2021

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

salt shakeup posted:

So, none. You cheer on a lovely fake currency that has put no money in your pocket. Why?

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

salt shakeup posted:

it's difficult to trust you when you will not provide hard numbers.

here's what transparency without sacrificing privacy looks like:

hi, i'm tango alpha delta. i loving hate bitcoin and all forms of cryptocurrency.

despite my passive aggressive custom title, i'm far from wealthy, but i live comfortably on capital gains from mutual funds.

i was very, very lucky to work for two very large companies that paid out my retirement in lump sums. i invested those large sums into good growth mutual funds and here i am.

bitcoin is so loving stupid.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

tango alpha delta posted:

it's difficult to trust you when you will not provide hard numbers.

here's what transparency without sacrificing privacy looks like:

hi, i'm tango alpha delta. i loving hate bitcoin and all forms of cryptocurrency.

despite my passive aggressive custom title, i'm far from wealthy, but i live comfortably on capital gains from mutual funds.

i was very, very lucky to work for two very large companies that paid out my retirement in lump sums. i invested those large sums into good growth mutual funds and here i am.

bitcoin is so loving stupid.

I'm guessing a trust fund. Or an inheritance. One of those sources that folks get embarrassed about.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Somfin posted:

I'm guessing a trust fund. Or an inheritance. One of those sources that folks get embarrassed about.

Really? I'm guessing working poor, or at most no-savings middle class.

drk
Jan 16, 2005
https://twitter.com/dhof/status/1431316631934967815

The cheapest one of these 8000 is now $40k. It is a random list of RPG like gear. There is no game involved, nor is there planned to be. Its just some text randomly generated by a script.

Originally they were free (plus transaction fees), but given the cryptosphere, we can assume they were all bought in this initial free state by the author or his associates before flipping them.

Longish article here: https://www.platformer.news/p/loot-is-a-viral-social-network-that

edit: calling them bags is pretty on the nose

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

https://retail.era.ca/what-is-ecn/

so a local scummy e-waste recycling place opened up it's own bespoke coin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

drk posted:

https://twitter.com/dhof/status/1431316631934967815

The cheapest one of these 8000 is now $40k. It is a random list of RPG like gear. There is no game involved, nor is there planned to be. Its just some text randomly generated by a script.

Originally they were free (plus transaction fees), but given the cryptosphere, we can assume they were all bought in this initial free state by the author or his associates before flipping them.

Longish article here: https://www.platformer.news/p/loot-is-a-viral-social-network-that

edit: calling them bags is pretty on the nose

I would DM your game for 40k and make a ton of these.