Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

XIII posted:

I bought a real dumb shirt that I can't wait to immediately cut the sleeves off

Holy poo poo that owns. Link?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Lawen posted:

Holy poo poo that owns. Link?

https://jeppsonsmalort.weebly.com/store/p8/Heavy-Metal-Malort-Shirt.html

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Just ordered this bad boy.

MSI Optix MAG342CQR 1500R Curvature 21:9 Aspect Ratio Narrow Bezel 1ms 3440 x 1440 (UWQHD) 144Hz Refresh Rate Tilt/Swivel/Height/Pivot Adjustment 34" AMD Freesync Gaming Curved Monitor

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

If this is screen printed I do not want it, but if it is direct to garment I must have it.

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...
I just bought powerlifting shoes:

Because I decided to redo my home gym in gym turf:

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Some 45 year old bullets for an 81 year old rifle

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

XIII posted:

I thought Sleeveless was banned :thunk:

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

XIII posted:

Oh gently caress yes

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Some 45 year old bullets for an 81 year old rifle

That must have cost you :20bux: as there's a run in Russian ammo.

Content:

Somebody thought it would be cool to try to steal my catalytic converter but somehow stopped in the middle of doing so. Instead I had to get this to patch the 2 cuts they made on the exhaust pipe.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I bought a bunch of this:

It is actually, completely fragrance free. Not the toiletry version of unscented - it actually smells like nothing. When it washes off, it's gone; it doesn't leave a lotion-y film. I'll probably buy this as long as they sell it.

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Android Apocalypse posted:

Content:

Somebody thought it would be cool to try to steal my catalytic converter but somehow stopped in the middle of doing so. Instead I had to get this to patch the 2 cuts they made on the exhaust pipe.

They'll be back. You should go have someone install a cat shield. They're like $150/$200...which is way cheaper than the 3-4K they normally cost to replace.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

El Mero Mero posted:

They'll be back. You should go have someone install a cat shield. They're like $150/$200...which is way cheaper than the 3-4K they normally cost to replace.

I plan on doing so. Just waiting on my appointment with the nearby shop to install it.

Best thing was the attempted theft happened at a park & ride where they have security cameras & there was a guard literally <100y from where I parked.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Bought a night vision monocular. Gonna spy around in my attic and see if I got a critter living there. That or I just have a ghost that's bugging the gently caress out of me. Either way it records video so I'll have some kinda evidence.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Bought a night vision monocular. Gonna spy around in my attic and see if I got a critter living there. That or I just have a ghost that's bugging the gently caress out of me. Either way it records video so I'll have some kinda evidence.

what brand did you get and do you recommend it?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08SPZP37Y

It was that one, and no idea. It'll be here Monday. I'll pop up a trip report once I get it in and see if it's gonna work or not.

I'm not expecting much, but if it lets me peek around in a dark attic without trouble, I'll be happy.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08SPZP37Y

It was that one, and no idea. It'll be here Monday. I'll pop up a trip report once I get it in and see if it's gonna work or not.

I'm not expecting much, but if it lets me peek around in a dark attic without trouble, I'll be happy.

Those units are most likely a fancy digital camera + infrared illuminator for seeing in low light conditions. It's not going to be on "Sam Fisher from Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell"-level but it will be perfectly adequate for light snooping for rodents in an attic.

OGDanDogg
Sep 16, 2002
The FLIR phone attachments are pretty awesome. They also work as a stud finder on exterior walls that are poorly insulated.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

All digital cameras can "see" IR they just usually filter it out. Digital night vision stuff uses super low light camera sensors to boost that. The marketing of actually being able to use them to hunt at night is probably nonsense unless you're buying the pricy ones but any one off Amazon should work fine for looking around your attic or yard etc.

Those low light sensors all seem to be pretty low res. Probably a limitation of the tech. Even the pricy $1k+ ones are like 720p at best.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

OGDanDogg posted:

The FLIR phone attachments are pretty awesome. They also work as a stud finder on exterior walls that are poorly insulated.

Yeah I have two of them and they are like magic. I demonstrate the sensitivity by telling someone to put their hand on a wall for a second then remove it. We've had guys in our company use them to find leaks and also dead animals rotting in the walls (cause decomposition creates heat). Plus, it's fun to walk around in the dark with it and make Predator noises.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Aphrodite posted:

All digital cameras can "see" IR they just usually filter it out. Digital night vision stuff uses super low light camera sensors to boost that. The marketing of actually being able to use them to hunt at night is probably nonsense unless you're buying the pricy ones but any one off Amazon should work fine for looking around your attic or yard etc.

Those low light sensors all seem to be pretty low res. Probably a limitation of the tech. Even the pricy $1k+ ones are like 720p at best.

Pretty much. Some cameras like Sionyx have impressive processors to amplify the image and can record in near-dark conditions, and the capabilities of Sony a7Siii is insane. Then again those are about a couple thousand dollars.

Speaking of which…

Nocorium tiger stripe wraps for my BNVD-1431. I upgraded the housings for my Photonis 4G MX1060 intensifiers from Adams Industries Sentinels to an Argus BNVD-1431 because I wanted to get in on the articulated NVG game. Now I wanted to make them look pretty. :sparkles:

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Yeah I have two of them and they are like magic. I demonstrate the sensitivity by telling someone to put their hand on a wall for a second then remove it. We've had guys in our company use them to find leaks and also dead animals rotting in the walls (cause decomposition creates heat). Plus, it's fun to walk around in the dark with it and make Predator noises.

I just had work buy me the CAT phone with the FLIR Sensor because I kind of needed a business mobile but really didn't need another stupid handset. So now I have a work provided TIC.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Android Apocalypse posted:

It cost a bit, yeah, but it’s not Russian. It’s surplus Romanian in a relatively unused caliber nowadays. I would have bought a smaller quantity but I wanted the crate.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice

Coredump posted:

Have you put these in yet? If you haven't done the door speakers I can't recommend slapping some sound deadening with foam built in on the door panel to seal the holes. I did on my Element and it made the door speakers sound *chefs kiss*. I used this: https://www.amazon.com/SoundSkins-P...tomotive&sr=1-3

This is loving epic. Thank you for this.

I got it all in now! Here's what it looks like under the hood if you're into that sort of thing...

That alternator so pretty I'd have rather put it on a shelf...

As far as the results from the wiring and alternator? Well, lowest voltage I could get was 14.86v and that was with every single electrical accessory on and the music cranked. Definitely not seeing the headlights dim when the bass hits now. I plan on adding a bull bar with some rally style lamps at some point. Pretty sure I can run enough lights to blind the sun and still jump start a big rig with this poo poo :clint:

Those speakers sound absolutely incredible too. The speakers they replaced were really nice JL Audio coaxials. Components are very much worth the extra work as far as wiring and a little bit of cutting to mount the tweeters. Everything looks stock aside from the tweeters protruding a little bit. I'm a fan of MB Quart now and can definitely recommend their stuff.

I actually put in a shitload of sound deader awhile back, the first time I cracked the doors open and put speakers in. I used this stuff...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00URUIKAK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_imm_KTJ4R10674EJTH6S446J?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Came highly recommended from a friend who swears by it. Pretty much exactly the same as old school Dynamat. Tar and foil. Heat gun isn't necessary but I used one to help get it into corners. The results are excellent though. Music is less tinny, 1000% less rattles and road noise. Not to mention the music staying inside the car. I can be cranking poo poo at legendary volume and there's barely a whisper outside until I open the door. Very good poo poo, especially if you're on a budget.

I've never used second skin but it looks WAY easier to work with. I may give it a try in my next car whenever the old Subaru gives me an excuse to replace it.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Got a little bonus/upgrade at work that starts with a month of training out-of-state so I bought myself a present to take along.

Then I’m gonna stop buying gear for a long time.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Rolo posted:

So say we all

have fun!

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Y'all have any good wallet recommendations? I have a lot of strenuous/active hobbies, so leather ones tend not to last very long, and for whatever reason elastic ones don't last more than a year or so.

Thinking like $50-75, might be able to stretch it if there's a serious durability upgrade.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

NewFatMike posted:

Y'all have any good wallet recommendations? I have a lot of strenuous/active hobbies, so leather ones tend not to last very long, and for whatever reason elastic ones don't last more than a year or so.

Thinking like $50-75, might be able to stretch it if there's a serious durability upgrade.

https://raggededgegear.com/product-category/wallets/

I've owned two of these across the past 10 years and my 2nd one is nowhere near replacing. The one I have is made out of carbon fiber sailcloth, but it looks like they may also offer kevlar as a material now?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
https://mightywallet.shop/

these are made out of tyvek, are ultra-light weight, super thin (but can expand to full bilfold) and near indestructible. My 10 year old one still has years of life in it.

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."

Bottom Liner posted:

https://mightywallet.shop/

these are made out of tyvek, are ultra-light weight, super thin (but can expand to full bilfold) and near indestructible. My 10 year old one still has years of life in it.

I have a mini mighty wallet and I like it, but with the huge caveat that my cards will literally just freely fall out of it. So, uh, for anyone looking for something ultra-thin, be aware of that.

Van Dis
Jun 19, 2004

NewFatMike posted:

Phthisis posted:

I have a mini mighty wallet and I like it, but with the huge caveat that my cards will literally just freely fall out of it. So, uh, for anyone looking for something ultra-thin, be aware of that.

These are way better than mighty wallets and actually keep cards in place.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Phthisis posted:

Yeah the regular bifold one is the same layout as what you linked and doesn't have that problem because it folds in and holds the cards in place like a typical wallet. I recommend that one.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Thanks friends! I'll give these a good look

mystes
May 31, 2006

If you don't need some super slim fancy wallet and don't care what it looks like as long as your poo poo doesn't fall out while you're exercising no matter what, there are a few companies that make things that are just like a zip pocket you can put your cards in:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073ZM3N36
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08LDRJKZC
https://www.amazon.com/Chums-18401103-Surfshort-Wallet/dp/B003CK2EFO

You might be also be better off just switching between something like this for exercising and a normal wallet for the rest of the time rather than buying a fancy minimalist wallet that won't actually hold your cards securely.

mystes has a new favorite as of 00:45 on Sep 4, 2021

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
If you don't need your driver's license with you, why not just put a credit card on your smartphone and not carry a wallet?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Rolo posted:

Got a little bonus/upgrade at work that starts with a month of training out-of-state so I bought myself a present to take along.

Please tell me you bring that thing along and plink away in the cockpit.

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."

I looked at these when I was buying my mini mighty wallet, but none of their options are as small as the mini mighty wallet, unfortunately.

Bottom Liner posted:

Yeah the regular bifold one is the same layout as what you linked and doesn't have that problem because it folds in and holds the cards in place like a typical wallet. I recommend that one.

Yeah, I maybe should have been more clear that the problem is only with the "mini" version. Which, as noted above, I got for a reason.

And again, I am actually happy with my purchase, it's just got a potentially serious flaw (my pocket isn't big enough to allow the cards to fall out, but if you like carry your wallet or throw it in a bag or something, its maybe a problem). I mean, also if someone knows of something comparable, I'm open to recommendations. I basically want something as small as possible (about the size of a card), does actually enclose the cards (i.e. no clips or straps or whatever), and must fold open to separate the cards. (this dumb requirement is because I have to carry both my lovely apartment door rfid card as well as my transit card, and the readers will fail if they're together, so I want a wallet I can flip open to separate the cards without taking them out or anything).

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Phthisis posted:

I looked at these when I was buying my mini mighty wallet, but none of their options are as small as the mini mighty wallet, unfortunately.

Yeah, I maybe should have been more clear that the problem is only with the "mini" version. Which, as noted above, I got for a reason.

And again, I am actually happy with my purchase, it's just got a potentially serious flaw (my pocket isn't big enough to allow the cards to fall out, but if you like carry your wallet or throw it in a bag or something, its maybe a problem). I mean, also if someone knows of something comparable, I'm open to recommendations. I basically want something as small as possible (about the size of a card), does actually enclose the cards (i.e. no clips or straps or whatever), and must fold open to separate the cards. (this dumb requirement is because I have to carry both my lovely apartment door rfid card as well as my transit card, and the readers will fail if they're together, so I want a wallet I can flip open to separate the cards without taking them out or anything).

The wallets in the link I posted are this thin

But may be too tall/wide for your purposes

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Warbird posted:

Please tell me you bring that thing along and plink away in the cockpit.

Gonna be plinking in the simulator the next 3 weeks unfortunately.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
https://bycardamon.com/

Ive had this for like 6 years I think and its shown no sign of wear..

Friends have had it and they buy it for other friends.

It's nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
didn't realize there was a thin wallet arms race going on, I use one of those phone cases that keeps cards, it's radical.