Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
That loss by the Chargers is almost as embarrassing as the Miami miracle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

excuse me but how is anything more shameful than Russell Wilson's goal line interception against the pats?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

a neat cape posted:

Especially since he didn't actually get it.

Yes he did. The yellow line was wrong by a lot. Even if he somehow didn't, there wasn't enough to overturn it.

Going by the yellow line he was way short but the again the line was way off.

People straight up claim the game was rigged because of this but they're not looking at the right thing. There's a reason commentary often has to remind that that yellow line isn't official.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Sep 2, 2021

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

half cocaine posted:

excuse me but how is anything more shameful than Russell Wilson's goal line interception against the pats?

What is more damaging to the soul, the atomic bomb that was the goal line interception or the Chernobyl meltdown that was 28-3?

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

half cocaine posted:

Because 28-3 exists (thank God). Also, not to re-litigate, but right idea, bad playcall, bad throw, great individual play, not as shameful as it seems at first blush.

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

Who was on that Falcons defense?

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What is more damaging to the soul, the atomic bomb that was the goal line interception or the Chernobyl meltdown that was 28-3?

28.3 roentgen. Not great; not terrible.

Dog Faced JoJo fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Sep 2, 2021

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Embarrassing and/or unexpected losses is a lot of why football always manages to stay interesting

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

half cocaine posted:

I submit Russell Wilson's 25 yard interception against the Packers

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I witnessed 28-3 in person and am still blissfully irradiated from it, but there's no question it was the goal line interception.

it's the single most consequential play in the history of American team sports.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Not mentioned in that article about the Saints/Packers game is the possibility of the stadium filling up with Jags fans angry with the Packers for mistreating Bortles. Could be multiple molotovs thrown toward their bench.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Footbaw

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I can't wait to wake up tomorrow morning and not pay attention to a goddamn thing at work and watch football instead

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Kawalimus posted:

Yes he did. The yellow line was wrong by a lot. Even if he somehow didn't, there wasn't enough to overturn it.

Going by the yellow line he was way short but the again the line was way off.

People straight up claim the game was rigged because of this but they're not looking at the right thing. There's a reason commentary often has to remind that that yellow line isn't official.

yeah you're wrong

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

a neat cape posted:

yeah you're wrong

No I am not. I would gladly say it if he didnt make it.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

No I am not. I would gladly say it if he didnt make it.

That's fine. You're still wrong

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Grittybeard posted:

Oh god the zapruder film stuff examining this at the time.

Before anyone gets too far into this I want to make a disclaimer that this was not an invitation to start this type of thing again.

Can't deny part of me is secretly tempted to start all of this again

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Sep 2, 2021

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

lmao Boldin with that just devastating block, good lord I forgot about that

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Barudak posted:

I can't wait to wake up tomorrow morning and not pay attention to a goddamn thing at work and watch football instead

That's next week

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

No Butt Stuff posted:

That's next week

Temple at Rutgers baby!

Boise State @ UCF might actually be fun now that I look.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Temple at Rutgers baby!

Boise State @ UCF might actually be fun now that I look.

i hate rooting for Boise ugh

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Bill Dungsroman posted:

Impart to me, in as much detail as you choose, your knowledge of the community of Henderson. I've lived here for 20 years and it's very nice.

I live there too, at least most of the time. We talked about it one time I believe but maybe you don't remember. And if you've ever been to the top of the valley or inside any of the countless gated communities, country clubs, or retirement communities in the area (or, god forbid, the unholy fusions of all three of those things) I think you'd agree that it's full of rich, classless lich fucks who love nothing so much as an ostentatious display of wealth like that Mark Davis abomination.

My boss lives in an incredibly rich gated community, every single house is custom, enormous, usually butt-ugly and has Rolls Royces and Lamborghinis and Jaguars outside, although that's just because the four car garages are filled up already. One was built to look like the white house crossed with a southern plantation and is easily one of the trashiest things I've ever seen. That's setting aside the fact that people shouldn't even live here, every second these overly spacious mansions have the AC blasting, which is pretty much all day, the earth gets murdered a little bit more. The monthly electricity costs for these places can easily exceed five grand.

Everyone in Henderson isn't like that, there are plenty of normal people just going about their life, but a large chunk of what is now Henderson is just pure poo poo and that ugly house will fit beautifully. Henderson can look nice, and be clean and decent, and there's plenty of good people here, but it has no soul and is way too stuffed with rich twats and everything that comes along with that. Feel free to disagree but that's my feeling after spending too many years here

Ches Neckbeard posted:

My favorite part is the school is registered with some org in loving Texas

https://twitter.com/Hawk/status/1432831690938806272

This whole thing is insanely weird. I feel bad for these kids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saNer4x94kM

Barudak posted:

I know you're in a different time zone but I doubt you've managed to be an entire week ahead of the rest of us

This year week 1 doesn't start until two thursdays from the last preseason game. Almost like the 4th preseason game still exists, but as a ghost or some poo poo

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Play posted:

This whole thing is insanely weird. I feel bad for these kids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saNer4x94kM

They've seared their legend into football history. Good for them.

I mean I hope they get a loving education and poo poo because obviously they aren't going to the NFL, but assuming they get that taken care of god drat do they have a story.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

No Butt Stuff posted:

That's next week

Well then, gently caress this week to hell and throw it in the trash bin what the gently caress.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

a neat cape posted:

i hate rooting for Boise ugh

then root for the better team

better than boise state

root for ucf

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Barudak posted:

Well then, gently caress this week to hell and throw it in the trash bin what the gently caress.

that's actually a good mantra for *checks notes* yep, pretty much all the time

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

zimbomonkey posted:

then root for the better team

better than boise state

root for ucf

as a fan of a G5 team I cannot root for UCF. I need Boise to be really good so that SDSU beating them will give us a bump.

It's irrelevant since we aren't beating Boise but whatever

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

have you heard of anime? case closed.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

AndrewP posted:

lmao Boldin with that just devastating block, good lord I forgot about that

every time I see that play I can't stop rewatching that block

Me 🤝 Kawalimus
Anquan Boldin fandom

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Yall talking about all these colleges that aren't Appalachian State. Nobody else matters

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Shouldn't it be "Week 1 N/V"?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
It's 28-3 over the goal line INT and not close. The pass was the right play there, whether anyone still refuses to admit it or not. It was a ridiculous individual effort (by Matt Patricia if you ask him)

28-3... we've been talking about it for a few weeks now but there were so many moments Atlanta could have just done one thing different. It was an avalanche of gently caress ups, things that might happen in a random week 5 game between two bad teams but not in the super bowl all by one team who is about to win and was celebrating in the locker room at halftime. Maybe that was their first mistake in a long line of them

Barudak
May 7, 2007

28-3 is magical because it required a sustained, crippling string of terrible decisions beyond even usual poor decision making as their opponent wasn't exactly cooking with gas until into the 4th quarter.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
28-3 spawned a 5-7 hour 7 part series by Jon Bois on the futility of the Falcons. That says it all.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Omg all this time I thought NVP was some weird meme...

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
https://streamable.com/6vsmvm

I can’t find this on Twitter but Brady & Vrable talking poo poo about each other is pretty funny

inb4 “Brady’s writers are pretty funny!!!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Joey Freshwater posted:

https://streamable.com/6vsmvm

I can’t find this on Twitter but Brady & Vrable talking poo poo about each other is pretty funny

inb4 “Brady’s writers are pretty funny!!!

I agree w/ Vrabel

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I don’t really disagree either. Brady played his part but the defense was so good last year.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Manoueverable posted:

Because 28-3 exists (thank God). Also, not to re-litigate, but right idea, bad playcall, bad throw, great individual play, not as shameful as it seems at first blush.

Pretty shameful though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
One of the amazing things about the 28-3 comeback that made it so surreal was how the Patriots seemingly kept failing at the comeback until their last 2 scoring drives.

After 28-3 they missed the extra point on their first touchdown, failed an onside kick attempt, then when they got the ball back settled for a field goal because Brady got insta-sacked.

28-12 is better than 28-3 but they burned a ton of time to get there and kept looking like poo poo until they did the back-to-back touchdown + 2 point conversions right at the end to tie it. It's only in retrospect that it looks like a continuous comeback from 28-3 to 28-28, at the time the patriots seemed like were mostly floundering. They finished the 4th quarter further behind than they were at halftime.