Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

We made it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

glad it starts with some heavyweights such as Jaguars @ Texans

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I am so angry that I have to watch Buccs/Cowboys and that one of them has to win.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

still not over Dobbins' season-ender tbh

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Someone saw that Andy Dalton was the Bears new QB and then gave them the Week 1 SNF game?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Quiet Feet posted:

I am so angry that I have to watch Buccs/Cowboys and that one of them has to win.

Not true, they can potentially tie! Or The Sum of All Fears route! It’s in Tampa, COVID could do something!

gently caress both those teams.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
lol Urban

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1433073493428609029

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Quiet Feet posted:

Always root for the tie!

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
There’s a joke about the Cowboys playing in Tampa being the closest they’ll ever get to a super bowl again but I can’t flesh it out

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

I am both looking forward to the season starting, because I like football, and dreading the season starting, because I root for the Texans

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Someone in the last thread showed Kamara's cereal, so lemme show you Nick Chubb's:

https://twitter.com/camijustice/status/1430217094474477568?s=19

I love how emotionless he is, even as a knockoff Batman. Also, the profits go to a SIDS research charity, which is neat.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

boop the snoot posted:

There’s a joke about the Cowboys playing in Tampa being the closest they’ll ever get to a super bowl again but I can’t flesh it out

Shaking Tom Brady's hand is the closest Dak Prescott will get to a ring.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
The pivot of people not giving a poo poo about the Bucs to now hating them has been delicious

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Broncos @ Giants should be a shitshow, the best kind of show. :getin:

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

N: Browns winning week 1
V: Print the shirts

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

:lol: I sat there looking for like 10 mins and didn't notice that

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Joey Freshwater posted:

The pivot of people not giving a poo poo about the Bucs to now hating them has been delicious

Yeah the "stop slurping Mahomes" takes started happening pretty quick for us too.

Meanwhile, Mahomes...

https://twitter.com/tejfbanalytics/status/1432802313773764612?s=21

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Oh God, football is happening soon. I hope the Bills dumpster the Steelers again.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

kiimo posted:

Yeah the "stop slurping Mahomes" takes started happening pretty quick for us too.

Meanwhile, Mahomes...

https://twitter.com/tejfbanalytics/status/1432802313773764612?s=21

That chart says Cousins is a slightly better QB than sex pest Watson

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Shaking Tom Brady's hand is the closest Dak Prescott will get to a ring.

He might have spent time with Jerry Jones and Michael Irvin and seen their rings over the cocaine and hookers.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Broncos @ Giants should be a shitshow, the best kind of show. :getin:

:hmmyes: I’m ready for the Clownball to commence.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I have the sinking feeling that the Steelers are going to be pretty good. positive regression is coming on those drops

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

AndrewP posted:

I have the sinking feeling that the Steelers are going to be pretty good. positive regression is coming on those drops

They went 11-5

The most fraudulent 11 there's ever been but still wins

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

only one MNF game 😔

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

AndrewP posted:

Right up until Ben falls apart again, probably sooner this year.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

hifi posted:

only one MNF game 😔

Sounds like someone hosed up making the Chargers the away team week one

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Steelers' schedule is tough though. Basically every hard non-division game is on the road - Bills, Chiefs, Packers, Chargers, Vikings.

Ravens dodge the Bills and play the rest at home.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I like that the Ravens don't play till monday night. Week 1 is such a fun week to just watch all the teams on sunday. And see how everything actually plays out

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The AFCN is gonna be a glorious rock fight. And the Bengals.

Meanwhile the NFCN will be a glorious dumpster fire. I look forward to Campbell being all :negative: with Goff by week 4.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

hifi posted:

only one MNF game 😔

I did enjoy Mike and Mike and Mike on the late MNF.

It wasn't great, but it was enjoyable.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

AndrewP posted:

still not over Dobbins' season-ender tbh

its a real bummer. not like a 'oh no my team' but more of a 'poo poo that really sucks for him'

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

gently caress the NFL forever and ever for 9 early / 4 afternoon game splits.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1433041700650471431?s=20

Wonder what the context is being left out in that last sentence

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Borsche69 posted:

its a real bummer. not like a 'oh no my team' but more of a 'poo poo that really sucks for him'

We are in trouble without him. I love Gus Edwards but we really don't know how he will be as a featured back. This will lead to us having to lean on Lamar more for out running game and we really don't want to be forced into that.

Our best hope is that Hill or Williams really steps up which I think has decent odds of actually happening.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

fartknocker posted:

Not true, they can potentially tie! Or The Sum of All Fears route! It’s in Tampa, COVID could do something!

gently caress both those teams.

Android Apocalypse posted:

Always root for the tie!

Amen.

I really want a box of that Alvin Kamara cereal just for the artwork. Way less boring than Flutie Flakes.

Chubb looks like they just woke him up without telling him about this and he's too tired to ask questions so he went with it.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Bill definitely wishes that vaccines weren’t required. But he also knows he’ll get in trouble if he says vaccine status matters over a player being cut or not as we see with Urban Meyer.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

We are in trouble without him. I love Gus Edwards but we really don't know how he will be as a featured back. This will lead to us having to lean on Lamar more for out running game and we really don't want to be forced into that.

Our best hope is that Hill or Williams really steps up which I think has decent odds of actually happening.

Williams is gonna own and he's also a hell of a blocker

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

AndrewP posted:

Steelers' schedule is tough though. Basically every hard non-division game is on the road - Bills, Chiefs, Packers, Chargers, Vikings.

Ravens dodge the Bills and play the rest at home.

Chargers is a home game

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Joey Freshwater posted:

I mean it’s basically the same amongst Tampa area locals except change hating them to loving them and declaring they are the greatest team in NFL history.

We will be back to normal as soon as Brady leaves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

AndrewP posted:

Williams is gonna own and he's also a hell of a blocker

That's neat. I remember people telling me last year that the reason Dobbins was used sparingly early on was he wasn't good at blocking yet. So we could use that. You never know until the season starts though. I remember everyone saying Justice Hill was going to be real good. And then when I said we should use him more people were like "no he's not good" suddenly. So hopefully Williams actually is. Remember Mike Anderson for Denver and who played for us too for a few years. He came in in the 2000 season after Terrell Davis then Olandis Gary got hurt. And he ended up winning offensive rookie of the year over Jamal Lewis which made me mad at the time. And he was some 6th round draft pick who didn't even play football till college or something. So hopefully Williams is another Mike Anderson.