Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
There was also a lot of misogynist (and transphobic) vitriol directed at Coulter on SA and from the left. Ah, the bad old days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Casimir Radon posted:

Coulter’s relevance has been waning since the earliest days of the Iraq war. Surprised that she’s still around.

The weirdest one to pop back up was Michelle Malkin when she tried to glom on to the "groypers". She's another one I hadn't heard a word about since Obama became president.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Ann Coulter is awful of course but I also remember her being critical of Trump breaking promises about immigration stuff so at least she seems to have some policies she cares about (albeit terrible ones) and isn't a hypocrite when her guy does something vs the Democrat in office. That's more than you can say about just about any other person in the RWM-sphere and it's all the praise I'm willing to give her. It's also an observation based on a really small sample size so she very well could have a thousand counter examples.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

This probably isn't work safe, and there were some condemnable "jokes" directed toward Coulter so I'm not condoning all of this but does anyone remember the Rob Lowe roast where they just ripped Coulter the whole time? It was right around the rise of Trump and her loss in relevance and it's one of the few times, if not the only time, I've ever seen a right-wing high profile hate-monger take a verbal beat down and look like they're just now realizing "hey, this poo poo actually does kind of hurt". She's still an awful person but I always wondered how much she took in from having non-Nazis punch back:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwoGrDa5g2c

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

The weirdest one to pop back up was Michelle Malkin when she tried to glom on to the "groypers". She's another one I hadn't heard a word about since Obama became president.

She was only briefly popular on the right as "one of the good ones" because she wrote that book which was "as an Asian here is why Japanese internment was good and we should march Arabs into the camps immediately along with everyone who looks like me just in case" because they love that poo poo.

But like she's not a blonde skinny white lady so they only care about her when they want to be racist, which is why she popped up again in the Trump era to reassure us exterminating immigrants isn't racist

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
again lol at the regressive star making machine only caring about the whitest WASPs. like there's only a few tokens and they get recycled fairly quickly.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
There was also a pervasive and somewhat credible rumour that it was actually Michelle Malkin’s husband who was ghostwriting all her online material for her, largely because she could not argue for poo poo in real life and would just devolve into incoherent screaming until people gave up trying to engage with her. It was one of those unprovable “prove you’re not what I say you are” things, but her already minuscule credibility never really recovered from it.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

GD_American posted:

Identified.

From Ohio.

On probation.

Not supposed to leave the state.

Now has warrants.
On probation? Hmm, I wonder what he did...

quote:

In August 2017, cleveland.com reported that Dagley was accused of breaking into an electroplating company that replaced one he previously owned, where he drilled holes into tanks that held dangerous chemicals.

The website said one employee went to the hospital after being exposed. Police called the incident a “potential environmental disaster,” the website reported, based on a Cleveland police report.

“Surveillance footage later revealed Dagley drilled into tanks of sodium cyanide, hydrochloric acid, yellow chromate, ferrous chloride, and sulfuric acid, according to a current owner, Ed Cochran,” the website reported.
:staredog:

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Snowflake liberals getting triggered by me intentionally causing a hazardous waste spill

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Tree Dude posted:

I'm from Michigan so I'm supposed to hate Ohio. It is not a push. Mississippi is easily our top shithole state.

I've been to parts of southern Ohio that were indistinguishable until people opened their mouth.

I'd say the floor in Kentucky is even lower than in Mississippi, but it has brighter spots.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

This Is the Zodiac posted:

Sounds like someone who should rightly be incarcerated for a long period of time. That's a poo poo thing to do no matter who you are.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

This Is the Zodiac posted:

All of that stuff is dangerous and that guy should be charged as a terrorist.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Lol if the FBI talked a handicapped Muslim teen into agreeing to do that and then arrested him immediately he'd get life

White dude actually does it: probation

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

nine-gear crow posted:

The transition from Bush to Obama and the rise of the Tea Party was basically the end for her. The likes of Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck displaced her as the go-to craziest and evilest motherfucker on the block willing to say anything into a microphone and no one wanted her boring played out antics anymore. They all quickly burned out and faded into irrelevance too, but she didn't even have a moment to try and regain her footing because by that point it was 2014 and The August That Never Ended had rolled around and Gamergate and its associated flotsam and jetsam washed in a wave of even crazier attention-grabbing figures in the likes of Ben Shapiro and Milo and Weird Mike Cernovich and Stephen Crowder and were able to capitalize with their e-savvy into spaces Coulter was too old and techno illiterate to even think of reaching.

So her last real hurrah was hopping on the Trump Train in 2016 and going "Sure, this is my guy" and everyone going "Okay, whatever" to her because she was boring as poo poo by that point compared to rear end-firing bottle rocket and industrial laser fireworks display happening all around her and she slowly came to the realization that Trump was in fact an insane, ineffectual loser who was rock stupid and suddenly all of her friends were dead or didn't like her anymore. And she was all alone.

Wasn't Coulter a never-Trumper? I distinctly remember her bad-mouthing him in 2016. And Crowder and Shapiro were established neocon brands with their own shows nearly a decade before gamergate, and even then they didn't have any involvement besides a glib tweet or two.

Anyway, Ann's book sales gradually declined in the late 2000s as younger conservative firebrand women took her place. I was expecting Michelle Malkin to fill the void, which she sort of did. But then Malkin apparently severed herself from the CPAC circuit in protest of them banning some proud boys, so now she's just organizing blue lives matter and pro-ICE rallies.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

je1 healthcare posted:

Wasn't Coulter a never-Trumper?

No she hates the poo poo out of immigrants and was one of his earliest big name conservative supporters for that reason, but no one cared because she was a has-been

I think everyone stopped caring about her around 2007 or so after it became clear the wars were a disaster, she shilled for Romney in the 2012 primary but no one cared about that either.

E:
https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/status/795833821501460480

she seems to just kinda try to jump on whatever train is going to win, in 2012 she was for the serious sensible Romney candidacy, in 2016 she was floating the Nazi definition of German citizenship as a good idea for America, now she's calling Trump a wuss

E2:
she published this book in August 2016

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Sep 2, 2021

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I honestly don’t even hear about Dobby much anymore. The last time I did it was someone posting a clip of her claiming that conservative wouldn’t be throwing a hissy fit if Trump had lost in 2016.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
My BiL dated her back in the late-90's when she was still trying to do stand-up. He told me that when he knew her she basically had no politics and just wanted to be famous enough to make money at it.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Zeroisanumber posted:

My BiL dated her back in the late-90's when she was still trying to do stand-up. He told me that when he knew her she basically had no politics and just wanted to be famous enough to make money at it.

Sounds awful, I just want to make tons of money and nobody knows who the gently caress I am

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

je1 healthcare posted:

Wasn't Coulter a never-Trumper?

coulter has some degrees of consistency in terms of what she will ideologically put out for ... but is, at heart, an opportunistic shill

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Zeroisanumber posted:

Isn't this the premise of that Boondocks bit?

Either way, I doubt it's still the case. Becoming the mask is inevitable for these types.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Zeroisanumber posted:

This actually makes a lot of sense.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

GD_American posted:

I'd say the floor in Kentucky is even lower than in Mississippi, but it has brighter spots.

Kentucky makes bourbon, that's why we put up with them.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Neo_Crimson posted:

Isn't this the premise of that Boondocks bit?

Either way, I doubt it's still the case. Becoming the mask is inevitable for these types.

was about to say this, especially if she tried to be EDGELORD LADY as her gimmick/niche to try to get into the industry.

Lawdog69
Nov 2, 2010
Some of the old Chuds in my family apparently still liked Coulter enough to buy that Trump book (she really does hate immigrants, which makes sense as she is clearly of indigenous descent) but they are full blown TRUMP 2024 truck wrap infowarrior ride types and I just can’t imagine them forgiving anyone who betrays Trump. Like, who is she pivoting to try to capture here?

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

Staluigi posted:

coulter has some degrees of consistency in terms of what she will ideologically put out for ... but is, at heart, an opportunistic shill

Ah right, it's a hell of a jump to go from "In Trump we Trust" to "the most disloyal actual retard that has ever set foot in the Oval Office.".

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

There was this SNL skit a long time ago where some guy playing Barry Gibb had a talk show and interrupted some lady playing Ann to ask “What’s wrong with your face?! It looks like a surgical glove stretched over a skeleton!” In a really high pitched singing voice.

Edit: Ok, turns out that was Jimmy Fallon, and not nearly as funny as I remember it.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Sep 2, 2021

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Casimir Radon posted:

Edit: Ok, turns out that was Jimmy Fallon, and not nearly as funny as I remember it.

just redo it with Ted Lasso and it's funny again

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Lawdog69 posted:

Some of the old Chuds in my family apparently still liked Coulter enough to buy that Trump book (she really does hate immigrants, which makes sense as she is clearly of indigenous descent) but they are full blown TRUMP 2024 truck wrap infowarrior ride types and I just can’t imagine them forgiving anyone who betrays Trump. Like, who is she pivoting to try to capture here?
I think she's expecting conservatives to eventually turn on Trump for being a cuck and rolling over for Biden and the Democrats when they stole the election, and she wants to be there to say "see I told you Trump was a wuss, once a Democrat always a Democrat! Buy my new book"

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Zeroisanumber posted:

All of that stuff is dangerous and that guy should be charged as a terrorist.
In particular, sodium cyanide (NaCN) and hydrochloric acid (HCl) react to produce hydrogen cyanide (HCN).

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Real question: is Joe Rogan really not smart enough to recognize where his place is in the griftersphere? Spotify just gave him nine figures. He and his friends are set for life, if they plays their cards right. The clear move is to take the vaccine and either lie about it or get angry whenever anyone asks you about it.

Did no one bother to send him the memo? Or is he dumb enough to actually have the doubts he expresses?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Froghammer posted:

Real question: is Joe Rogan really not smart enough to recognize where his place is in the griftersphere? Spotify just gave him nine figures. He and his friends are set for life, if they plays their cards right. The clear move is to take the vaccine and either lie about it or get angry whenever anyone asks you about it.

Did no one bother to send him the memo? Or is he dumb enough to actually have the doubts he expresses?
He’s a giant dumbass

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

You have to be really loving evil and really loving full of contempt and hate for your audience to consciously lie to them about the vaccine while knowing the truth and secretly getting it yourself.

I think Joe Rogan sucks but I don't think he's that kind of guy, who wakes up and goes "I love scaring these dumb hicks because they give me their money no matter how many of them die".

He's not Swanson frozen foods fortune heir Tucker Carlson. If Rogan says he didn't get it himself I think he's telling the truth and is just stupid.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I hate Rogan so much. I hate that his audience per episode is way bigger than Tucker or Hannity but people don't talk about the damage he can do/has done in the same way. He is a big tough guy idiot who think's he's too manly to wear a mask and too healthy to suffer much from getting covid.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

I hope that Chokin' Joe Rogan will soon be Croakin' Joe Rogan

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

greazeball posted:

I hope that Chokin' Joe Rogan will soon be Croakin' Joe Rogan

Sadly I suspect he'll get on the air in a few days and become another in the chorus of "see I got it. It wasn't so bad. We don't need vaccines we just need to sleep 8 hours a night and drink lots of water to keep the immune system healthy!"

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Tree Dude posted:

Sadly I suspect he'll get on the air in a few days and become another in the chorus of "see I got it. It wasn't so bad. We don't need vaccines we just need to sleep 8 hours a night and drink lots of water to keep the immune system healthy!"

(...and be wealthy enough to ignore the health care system in this country so you can just throw money at the problem to get the good stuff)

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Tree Dude posted:

I hate Rogan so much. I hate that his audience per episode is way bigger than Tucker or Hannity but people don't talk about the damage he can do/has done in the same way. He is a big tough guy idiot who think's he's too manly to wear a mask and too healthy to suffer much from getting covid.

The fact that he's had some liberal people like Bernie, Yang, and scientists like deGrasse Tyson lead many people to not think he's right wing. I tried telling a coworker a while back about how lovely Rogan is and how often he platforms horrible people, but he just responded with "but he also interviews left wing people too! he gives everyone a platform, you're just mad he does it to people you don't like!"

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

VitalSigns posted:

You have to be really loving evil and really loving full of contempt and hate for your audience to consciously lie to them about the vaccine while knowing the truth and secretly getting it yourself.

I think Joe Rogan sucks but I don't think he's that kind of guy, who wakes up and goes "I love scaring these dumb hicks because they give me their money no matter how many of them die".

He's not Swanson frozen foods fortune heir Tucker Carlson. If Rogan says he didn't get it himself I think he's telling the truth and is just stupid.

lmao I didn't know that about Tucker

e: also for the longest time I had no idea Rogan was the fear factor guy

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Sep 2, 2021

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
fwiw, there's some bird popular posts saying that "Rogan is the Gwyneth Paltrow/Oprah of men"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Man...people around here are all in a bad mood. The anger, tension and frustration in the air is totally palpable.

I saw a "TRUMP Not Joe and The Camel Toe" decal in Zapf Chancery font on a truck today that someone thought was worth spending money on, so that was lovely, and a another guy standing outside the same grocery store who was obviously mentally ill wearing Apollo Creed style USA Rocky shorts and a Marines t-shirt delivering some sort of sermon about Covid and Bill Gates. People are losing their ever loving loving minds.

Myself included if I'm being honest about it but my issues feel.... a little different.

I'm noticing a poo poo load of really aggressive driving too, mostly by Big Loud gently caress Off trucks. Also, an obvious look of pain and anxiety on the faces of anyone working pretty much anywhere I go. poo poo's totally off the rails. If I overhear one more "nobody wants to work anymore", I'm afraid I might snap and go off.

Not in a violent way but a verbal one at least.

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Sep 2, 2021