Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

theres only 4 internal pages. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
New goon project.

Now taking image suggestions for L/NP colouring book.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Color in Barnaby Joyce’s face

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

im going to need more red pencils

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

oooh just had a dizzy spell while imagining Bob Hawke appearing on Q&A

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Ejaculate spraying onto a desk.

Everyone pointedly ignoring a rape allegation.

A whiteboard hiding a minister.

Actually this has loving legs.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Colour in this MP's desk under uv light

e; beaten (off)

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

This feels like a Sammy J bit, but I am loving that Gillard page. Might print it out for my daughter to colour in...

Tomberforce
May 30, 2006

Working on my new LNP coloring book. Get the crayons kids!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

The Measles vaccination rate is 95% but that's taken yeaaaaaaaars of effort and a lot of enforcement/co-ersion (No jab, no school, no pay etc).

The COVID vax restrictions will make "no jab no play" look like... well, child's play

Phigs posted:

Australians are not interested in what our politicians are preparing to unleash on this country with those numbers if they're representative. Only 3% are cold-blooded enough, 15% if you're an optimist. They are just so woefully informed about what the government's plan actually means. What they actually want can only be gotten with what amounts to basically a zero COVID strategy. Maybe they'd accept more death if they knew what it would take to get under 100, but they're not being given the information necessary to make that decision.

A lot of Australians are gonna find themselves surrounded by a lot more death than they ever anticipated once we open up.

Pretty much. They will accept it, though, once they've been un-conditioned about COVID restrictions. It's interesting to watch people constantly draw flu comparisons, since most of us don't have a clue what the flu death rates are - Berejiklian said today Australia has 2,500 deaths a year on average which I thought sounded about right but having looked it up, our record year was 2017 with 1,100 fatal cases - though perhaps the 2,500 figure is drawn from "best guess when we consider not everybody gets tested/confirmed." This is, as I said, still way lower than what the COVID death rates will be even under the most optimistic forecasts, but people will accept that because it's mostly the elderly who die from it and we've long accepted that as just part of life.

In the same way that the country has fairly easily absorbed a shift in discourse from "we don't have COVID and are the envy of the world, party on brothers" back in May to "half of us are in lockdown and we must stop focusing on case numbers and instead focus on vaccination numbers" which firmly took hold about six weeks later in July, Australians in general will shift pretty easily to the notion that thousands of mostly elderly COVID deaths per year is just a fact of life. This was always the ultimate goal but it may shock you how quickly it happens. It's certainly shocking me.

Anyway here's a funny article from February 2020 about how health authorities were concerned we were about to have a really bad flu season:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-02-11/early-outbreaks-to-blame-for-worst-flu-season-on-record/11949320

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Replace the OP with like five copies of this image

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

Phigs posted:

A lot of Australians are gonna find themselves surrounded by a lot more death than they ever anticipated once we open up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i6lDJJi4t0

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
First indigenous person to die from covid so of course the Australian decides publishing the mans criminal history is relevant. I hope for a slow painful death for every murdoch bootlicker.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

I literally snapped a pencil irl when I first saw this lmao

PalaNIN
Sep 19, 2004

LRLRRRLLRRLRLRLRRLRLR

hooman posted:

Ejaculate spraying onto a desk.

Everyone pointedly ignoring a rape allegation.

A whiteboard hiding a minister.

Actually this has loving legs.

A man hiding in the bushes - gotta find a use for those green crayons!

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Honestly, a good opposition would've created an LNP colouring book.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Tony Abbott eating a psychedelic onion

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Anidav posted:

New goon project.

Now taking image suggestions for L/NP colouring book.

i'm awful with photoshop but proposals:

scott morrison with his lump of lacquered coal
pauline hanson in a burqa
tony abbot with the 'bob brown's bitch' protestors
peter dutton here, or literally anywhere, the dude looks like a literal monster - https://chaser.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/dutton_in_dark.jpeg
george christensen in his singlet with bondage whip

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Scott reaching for a handshake. Scott dressed in his Hawaiian finest while a fire burns. Confused Mattias with an abacus that has one bead away from the others. Abbot putting the empties in his bin.

E: Scott at a podium giving a presser in front of so many flags it makes a mandala.

Eediot Jedi fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Sep 2, 2021

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

CARP

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

I just remembered Deb Frecklington

What are some politicians you guys remember?

I remember when we used to call Bill Shorten "Biff Shortbus" and other riffs an how much of an empty suit he seemed to be, and we longed for Albo.

Good times.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

First indigenous person to die from covid so of course the Australian decides publishing the mans criminal history is relevant. I hope for a slow painful death for every murdoch bootlicker.

lol what the loving hellfuck is this.

just when you think they've bottomed out, they manage to find new lows.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

208 in Vic, we're doing it boys, we're gonna show those NSW fools how to have an outbreak.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Melbourne doesn’t give a gently caress any more.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

gay picnic defence posted:

Melbourne doesn’t give a gently caress any more.

The beach near me was about as busy as I've ever seen it on a 26 degree day. People just hanging out on the sand, swimming and doing normal beach stuff all without masks.

Car park was full with a lot of cars which I assume came from outside 5km as everyone within 5km would have a free parking sticker and there were a lot without one.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

Eediot Jedi posted:

Scott reaching for a handshake. Scott dressed in his Hawaiian finest while a fire burns. Confused Mattias with an abacus that has one bead away from the others. Abbot putting the empties in his bin.

E: Scott at a podium giving a presser in front of so many flags it makes a mandala.

Surely Scummo would be the whitest blank piece of paper in existence.

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

So it's looking like the 2nd Pfizer shot is only good at preventing COVID for around 2 months (though still pretty good at reducing severity). Then you gotta get a booster. Which the data suggests maybe lasts 6 months before weakening but the data isn't good so who knows.

So. We effectively gotta get people 3 jabs because by the time we get enough people on 2 jabs the earlier people will need their 3rd. Then by the time we get everyone vaccinated we'll have a short breather before needing to do it all over again. Not at all a endless logistical nightmare for our health system.

Proper quarantine probably would have been easier I reckon.

McNugget Buddy posted:

lol the 2-dose Pfizer series is only good for 2 MONTHS

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1433352755696050177

Look at that dropoff after 60 days:

McNugget Buddy posted:

Pfizer booster lasts 6 months before protection drops off:

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1433352761127669760

CVS speedruns every 6 months!

It is now written!

EDIT: It's possible this data is hosed because Delta hasn't even been around 6 months

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Periphery posted:

Car park was full with a lot of cars which I assume came from outside 5km as everyone within 5km would have a free parking sticker and there were a lot without one.

Don't think this one's true tbh

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Capt.Whorebags posted:

I remember when we used to call Bill Shorten "Biff Shortbus"

for a forum that purports to hate first dog a lot of people sure post like them

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Eediot Jedi posted:

208 in Vic, we're doing it boys, we're gonna show those NSW fools how to have an outbreak.

Lmao gently caress k yeah

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
In gently caress Harvey Norman news

https://www.afr.com/rear-window/gerry-harvey-is-everything-that-s-wrong-with-jobkeeper-20210901-p58nzd

Retail billionaire Gerry Harvey has exquisitely crystallised for the nation everything that is wrong with JobKeeper and with him.

As expected on Tuesday, Harvey Norman posted a bumper profit for financial 2021, up 80 per cent off the back of Australian network sales growth of 30 per cent. Without explanation, the company belatedly repaid $6 million of JobKeeper received by its head office entities in FY21 and FY20.

Harvey conducted a round of farcical media interviews in which he refused to even discuss his JobKeeper backflip and complained, “I’ve got certain people in the media that keep attacking me all the time.”

He hung up on Rafael Epstein after (groundlessly) accusing the ABC Radio host of bullying him, the outlandish exchange ending with the immortal line: “You still there, Gerry Harvey? Hmmm, that hasn’t happened in a while.”

We struggle to empathise with Harvey or his harrowing persecution. This time four years ago, on national television, he was appealing for this
columnist to be summarily executed.

And now Gerry would really prefer not to talk about JobKeeper at all. He has that much in common with Treasurer Josh Frydenberg.

For both men, the uncomfortable question lingers: how did Harvey Norman even get JobKeeper in the first place? On March 22 last year, Gerry was on 60 Minutes celebrating pandemic-driven panic-buying as “an opportunity” and bragging that “our sales are up … by 9 per cent on last year!”

Unveiled the very next week, JobKeeper was a program for businesses (of Harvey Norman’s size) experiencing a 50 per cent decline in turnover. So why did it even apply?

Tomberforce
May 30, 2006

Sweet I had my pfizer second dose *checks notes* about 2 months ago so RIP me I guess.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Phigs posted:

So it's looking like the 2nd Pfizer shot is only good at preventing COVID for around 2 months (though still pretty good at reducing severity). Then you gotta get a booster. Which the data suggests maybe lasts 6 months before weakening but the data isn't good so who knows.

So. We effectively gotta get people 3 jabs because by the time we get enough people on 2 jabs the earlier people will need their 3rd. Then by the time we get everyone vaccinated we'll have a short breather before needing to do it all over again. Not at all a endless logistical nightmare for our health system.

Proper quarantine probably would have been easier I reckon.

Feigl-Ding is a known bullshit artist.

StrangeThing
Aug 23, 2021

by Hand Knit
Yeah. He is super alarmist and is known to get a lot of things wrong. Wouldn't say he's a grifter or anything, just wouldn't trust him to represent the full accuracy of the situation.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Tomberforce posted:

Sweet I had my pfizer second dose *checks notes* about 2 months ago so RIP me I guess.

I got my first dose yesterday, so if I never get my second dose I’ll never get the two month drop-off and be basically immortal

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m8YjXIzH1E

interesting QLD presser today. them having a 00 day is great.

Anastasia and Steven Miles digging in, demanding more comprehensive modelling on reopening, and wanting a public conversation about what happens after reopening is good.

most fascinating part was a reporter asking the CHO what level of death is acceptable and getting a passionate "gently caress you, none, obviously" response. i'd love to see Gladys et al get this question too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrangeThing
Aug 23, 2021

by Hand Knit

alf_pogs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m8YjXIzH1E

interesting QLD presser today. them having a 00 day is great.

Anastasia and Steven Miles digging in, demanding more comprehensive modelling on reopening, and wanting a public conversation about what happens after reopening is good.

most fascinating part was a reporter asking the CHO what level of death is acceptable and getting a passionate "gently caress you, none, obviously" response. i'd love to see Gladys et al get this question too.

Given the state of the rest of the country, I don't understand this position. If they literally want zero COVID cases forever, QLD is going to have a hard border and quarantine system. Not just for now, but forever.