Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

eating only apples posted:

Holby City is cancelled, so they're saying "gently caress it" and bringing back dead characters now

Also Jac Naylor has a brain tumour so she'll die in the final episode and it'll turn out to have all been a baby Jac's med student dream

I stopped watching after the cancellation was announced, I just knew the writers were going to say "gently caress everything" and start doing stupid poo poo like that.

Although if they're bringing back lost characters I wouldn't mind Chantelle coming back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Back to Life a quality drama/comedy starring Daisy Haggard has a second series thats all up on iPlayer.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Gorn Myson posted:

Back to Life a quality drama/comedy starring Daisy Haggard has a second series thats all up on iPlayer.

The first series of this really surprised me, watched it on a whim and absolutely loved it, so happy it got a second series. Wife and I will be binging it tonight!

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Nick Knowles looming behind your sofa. Horrifying.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
get the impression that big lad wasn't best pleased about being on that show

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I'm watching episode 2 of Vigil and it's very dramatic but for some reason they made Paterson Joseph repeatedly say "Mark..." in such a specific tone that I instantly forget what I'm watching and think only of normal pooing and Frankfurt

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

I'm watching episode 2 of Vigil and it's very dramatic but for some reason they made Paterson Joseph repeatedly say "Mark..." in such a specific tone that I instantly forget what I'm watching and think only of normal pooing and Frankfurt

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=542557702851814

Hope this helps.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Fwonkfort

Flux Wildly
Dec 20, 2004

Welkum tü Zanydu!

If he never asks a subordinate whether or not they can keep the lid on the squid, I will consider the entire run a waste of everyone's time

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Paterson...Joseph's...Beemer.

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

I don't much care for the attitude of filthy money-lenders

I'm gonna watch it. There was a pilot in the lockdown with Stacey Solomon taking then entire contents of your home to a warehouse, and laying it out. You were allowed to take 25% of it back with you. Stacey was trying to explain to a mother that she didn't need to keep every single scribble on printer paper her kids were creating, nor the first scone they baked in school, wrapped like a white turd in clingfilm.

There's a similar one on Channel 4 currently. They were amazed at how much the young teens were spending on branded tracksuits and trainers, so they made them buy some new ones from boohoo (or somewhere like that) for cheaper. Despite shelling out a couple hundred on these new trackies and trainers that they didn't need, the show told us the family had now saved thousands of pounds. Amazing maths.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Welp, Holby have just killed off half the hospital staff, lol

Edit - Oh no wait, the BBC posted a trailer for next week up and somehow everyone is still alive

Dell_Zincht fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Sep 7, 2021

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Dell_Zincht posted:

Welp, Holby have just killed off half the hospital staff, lol

Edit - Oh no wait, the BBC posted a trailer for next week up and somehow everyone is still alive

I'm never gonna watch it. What happened explosion, mad gunman?

If the BBC wasn't a tory propaganda machine, I'd have loved to see them have the stones to end it with the hospital shutting down due to excessive budget cuts and/or a mass exodus of staff due to low, untenable pay.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
And I'm sure Vigil will end showing that the police, military and spies are all corruptly colluding continuously in a broken system Actually it does look like they're partially going that way but I'm fully expecting a swerve and the real baddy is Swampie/Jermy Crobun

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Kin posted:

I'm never gonna watch it. What happened explosion, mad gunman?

If the BBC wasn't a tory propaganda machine, I'd have loved to see them have the stones to end it with the hospital shutting down due to excessive budget cuts and/or a mass exodus of staff due to low, untenable pay.

Casualty is still going, so they can't shut the whole hospital down.

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

is there a thread elsewhere for Married at First Sight UK? 2 weeks in and it's already WILD

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Skeletome posted:

is there a thread elsewhere for Married at First Sight UK? 2 weeks in and it's already WILD

Poor Bob

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Every time I hear about Emma Raducanu I think of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwyuB8QKzBI

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Skeletome posted:

I’m watching s5 as didn’t realize s6 was airing, and holy poo poo the one woman is completely nuts. Having a full scale mental breakdown over the most basic things.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
So that whole "duty of care" thing is completely ignored I take it

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

I don't much care for the attitude of filthy money-lenders

When Bob stormed back in and shook the man's hand I wanted to die

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Watched the first ep of Married and oof, after s5 where there seemed an earnest attempt at making a show where they tried to match people legitimately… the whole Nikita/Ant feels like a really mean joke on him? Like they felt they had to have something that was obviously going to be a mess to get the ratings. Hell, they didn’t even give an example of what she would bring to the relationship when talking about the match, just all about how good he would be for her.

The whole ‘shock! There’s a guy going to the hen party’ thing was cheap as poo poo too, and maybe don’t advertise so strongly it’s taken you 6 seasons to consider a non hetero relationship?

I’ll keep watching though, for a bit anyway. I’m obviously concerned for the first couple having seen the one dudes name brought up in here a few times (and I saw Nikita’s name in the headlines, so I’m sure there’s a ton of drama coming up).

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

The format has been shifted to match the Australian version which was E4's big lockdown success, so there's all kinds of dinner parties and commitment ceremonies and situations where the relationship experts can pretend to be shocked that emotions flare even though that's exactly what's supposed to happen.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah I heard the Aussie version was wild (and meant to give it a go last year when hearing about it) so it's no surprise. They should've used it as an excuse to do two versions of the show, one the same as before and fairly earnest and a 'dumb rear end in a top hat edition' for the wild poo poo

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Christ, end it all.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Know what I reckon about The Cube? If you took out the dramatic music and replaced the echoey voice with a normal bloke's voice, nobody would watch it

it'd just be people arsing about, then :/

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
The cube is just the crystal maze with all the fun taken out. Go in a room and do some sort of bollocks with red balls. We have one of those slow motion camera setups like they used in the matrix to make it look impresive or exciting when the ball does or doesn't go where its meant to.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Mr Phillby posted:

The cube is just the crystal maze with all the fun taken out. Go in a room and do some sort of bollocks with red balls. We have one of those slow motion camera setups like they used in the matrix to make it look impresive or exciting when the ball does or doesn't go where its meant to.

It's tedious to watch the recorded version, imagine what it's like to be in the audience while they set up each puzzle each time.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
the echoey voice always reminds me of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsIafkpFZmo :corsair:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Huh, I guess I kinda remember some talk about Nevermind the Buzzcocks coming back, but I guess it aired tonight with Greg Davies as new host? Intriguing, I'll give it a shot at least.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

This is the first I've heard about it and I got very excited, then I saw it has Daisy May Cooper instead of Phill and I'm back at baseline.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
Eh, I’m not particularly excited about her but Phil was the worst part of the show.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Annabel Pee posted:

Eh, I’m not particularly excited about her but Phil was the worst part of the show.

Definitely a casualty of the "tenured team captain on extremely long-running panel show starts phoning it in" disease.

If nothing else, the fact that his team only won one of the last 17 seasons is demonstrative of something.

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

Has anyone had a longer tenure on a panel show than Jupitus had on Buzzcocks? The only others the come to mind are Merton and Hislop on Have I Got News For You.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Mr Beens posted:

It's tedious to watch the recorded version, imagine what it's like to be in the audience while they set up each puzzle each time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFoKbYvfpvg

That's when you bring out the warm up man.

reality_groove posted:

Has anyone had a longer tenure on a panel show than Jupitus had on Buzzcocks? The only others the come to mind are Merton and Hislop on Have I Got News For You.

Hugh Dennis in Mock the Week?
Radio probably has those beat though, Just a Minute probably has Merton on it longer, don't know the show though.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
Gotta assume that the original panellists in I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue would have a fair shout at the title if you start including radio.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

reality_groove posted:

Pretty sure HIGNFY has been going longer than Buzzcocks did.

Alan Davies is getting up there for QI these days I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Longer in relation to the show's runtime or years in total? Cause there's always Alan Davies on QI.

e: imagine I pressed the buzzer too late as a joke
playing the Father Ted theme presumably