Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Sinteres posted:

It's insane how complicated Magic releases are these days.

https://twitter.com/jeremynoell/status/1433473332742086663

The white Visions is garbage, I'm more insulted by that. As someone who only buys singles, I don't personally care what packs/boxes/whatever certain cards come in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?

Sinteres posted:

It's insane how complicated Magic releases are these days.

https://twitter.com/jeremynoell/status/1433473332742086663

I like this idea in principle. They talk about draft boosters being about the draft experience, and set boosters being for opening. I'd even be happy if they had standard legal cards that they leave out of the draft boosters when it improves the game play. Leave things that only have constructed application out of the draft packs. Modern sideboard plants and the like. The two problems I'd see would be when this leaves out financially desirable cards (since a fetchland adds very little to a draft deck) and also the need to clearly communicate "this new card is standard legal, but this one is not".

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Zauper posted:

It's pretty obnoxious. It's probably not BROKEN,

Ok, I mean this is reassuring to hear; that I'm not taking crazy pills here. This is my take too. It 'probably' isn't actually broken, but I don't really know what to do, considering that I'm playing control already, with gy hate and some counterspells, and ... I dunno it just feels like that should be enough? But I haven't had a fair game against it yet.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

HAhaha holy gently caress hahahahahaha oh hey investigate is back anyway hahahahahaha read the web fiction hahahahaha

I have no idea what you're trying to convey with the forced laughter. Do you think that's on the actual card? Are you upset that they're hiding flavor text in preview season? Are you offended by the fact that they publish magic fiction online?

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

This is a nutty pseudo-lord. Comes down to tribal support but seems super strong. 1 drop Wolves got a whole bunch more important.

Kessig Wolf Wolf

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

If Glasspool Mimic copies this, does it transform into Glasspool Shore on the trigger?

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Aranan posted:

I have no idea what you're trying to convey with the forced laughter. Do you think that's on the actual card? Are you upset that they're hiding flavor text in preview season? Are you offended by the fact that they publish magic fiction online?

Right underneath that overlay, the flavor text is, "The secret of the key is love."

But they hide this from us! They demand we consume Web Fiction to learn it!

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Blaze but efficient for removal is interesting, and the flashback is a nice little bonus.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

BioThermo posted:

If Glasspool Mimic copies this, does it transform into Glasspool Shore on the trigger?

No. MDFC cards cannot transform. So its replacement effect will kill you (eventually.)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I think it would be funny if it actually did say read the web fiction on the card. It would be like the Final Fantasy IX strategy guide PlayOnline thing all over again

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Bugsy posted:

BIG WINDOW IS AT IT AGAIN!

I knew in my heart that I was beaten on this joke but I still loaded up the thread to make the joke.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I think it would be funny if it actually did say read the web fiction on the card. It would be like the Final Fantasy IX strategy guide PlayOnline thing all over again

mtg players love gambling so allowed storyline cards should be a scratch off thing with different plots underneath, there most expensive version will be the one where Chandra and Nissa kiss

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

LifeLynx posted:

The white Visions is garbage, I'm more insulted by that.

Hey, it could be worse. It could have been "Gain 1 life for each creature you control" instead.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lone Goat posted:

mtg players love gambling so allowed storyline cards should be a scratch off thing with different plots underneath, there most expensive version will be the one where Chandra and Nissa kiss

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Aranan posted:

Do you think that's on the actual card?

I did, they have it in Berelin and everything and it feels like an extremely wotc move to do.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
At this point I don't think I'd be surprised if that was the case. I do like the scratch-off idea, though.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
So the Walkers in the set seem to be Chandra, Wren and Ral Zarrek? I wonder if Chandra will be Rakdos to keep up the multicolored walker thing going on.

Edit: oh and Arlin. I don't know if they're willing to go too heavy in a color for Walkers but all the foreign Walkers getting a splash of black to represent the corrupting influence of Innistrad would be cool.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Sep 2, 2021

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

So the Walkers in the set seem to be Chandra, Wren and Ral Zarrek?

Arlinn was also revealed.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Lord_Magmar posted:

Arlinn was also revealed.

And a new Teferi, right? With the phases of the moon art.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

!Klams posted:

That new retrace cascade card, Throes of Chaos in the historic Tibalts Trickery decks seems like utter bullshit? TOTALLY appreciate though that whenever anyone ever says that about magic, 99.9% of the time they're just bitching about their own personal experience and not really the holistic health of the situation. More than happy to hear "Eh, it whiffs a lot more than you think" or whatever. The last time I felt like this was about Oko, though.

There just doesn't feel like there's any realistic angle to attack it from? Prior to Throes of Chaos the deck ironically felt a lot more chaotic and like you could disrupt it easily enough, whereas now it's just utterly solid. I'm maindecking graveyard hate and counterspells, and it never feels enough?

I guess, actually, my question isn't "THIS IS BULLSHIT APPEASE ME" it's actually more like, "I assume this is actually fine, can you please explain to me why?"

Thalia slows it down by at least 2 turns, and if they go for it as a 6 mana play they risk not being able to cast a non-creature spell if that's what they hit.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
I don't think we've seen Ral anywhere unless I missed something. That's not Ral in Galvanic Iteration.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Yeah actually a bunch of the white hate creatures (Thalia, Redaine, Archon of Emeria) stop it.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
Defenstrate would be a fun twist on the Doom Blade formula at 1B but still unable to kill the most problematic creature in Standard right now

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Mike N Eich posted:

Defenstrate would be a fun twist on the Doom Blade formula at 1B but still unable to kill the most problematic creature in Standard right now

There was an early preview of B1 instant kill any creature lose 2 life, that's your point and click removal for the year

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Lone Goat posted:

There was an early preview of B1 instant kill any creature lose 2 life, that's your point and click removal for the year

And I'll be glad for it, honestly, amazing card.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I thought ral died

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lol. your talent is wasted in this thread friendo

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

dragon enthusiast posted:

I thought ral died

Nope, he's currently (post WAR) teamed up with Kaya and Vraska to take down an unknown evil Marit Lage! :cthulhu: that tried to assasinate all the guild leaders. The MTG comic has been really dumb thus far, but is finally getting good.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

dragon enthusiast posted:

I thought ral died

no that was dack

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

hell yeah

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

plainswalker75 posted:

Nope, he's currently (post WAR) teamed up with Kaya and Vraska to take down an unknown evil Marit Lage! :cthulhu: that tried to assasinate all the guild leaders. The MTG comic has been really dumb thus far, but is finally getting good.

Is that separate from whatever Lasav and Tezz were up to?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

neaden posted:

I don't think we've seen Ral anywhere unless I missed something. That's not Ral in Galvanic Iteration.

Oh you're right, from the thumbnail I thought the lightning harness was Izzet copper/gold colored.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Remembering what's in any set's given draft/set/collector booster is a headache, but as someone who just grabbed a bunch of singles for some decks, I love it all. Staples and some cards are still stupid expensive, but wowie can you get some good stuff for 25c while the foil borderless etched full frontal nudity fancy frame version sits happy at $25.

Shine on Wizards, stay the course.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

The World Inferno posted:

Remembering what's in any set's given draft/set/collector booster is a headache, but as someone who just grabbed a bunch of singles for some decks, I love it all. Staples and some cards are still stupid expensive, but wowie can you get some good stuff for 25c while the foil borderless etched full frontal nudity fancy frame version sits happy at $25.

Shine on Wizards, stay the course.

Agree. Base game pieces have never been cheaper. poo poo on "Booster Fun" all you want, but it's actually making the game more accessible. Not to say the game is accessible, but it's getting closer

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

I don’t know why but the term “booster fun” makes me cringe so hard.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

LeafHouse posted:

Because no human being would ever remotely talk like that.

As for the set booster thing, I don't think you have to dislike set boosters as a concept to think putting random Commander cards there and only there is weird.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

LeafHouse posted:

i prefer booster puns myself

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Booster Fun and The List are the marketing equivalent of doofy playtest card names accidentally making it to print

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I'm looking forward to whatever version of Thalia we get this visit to Innistrad.