Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

His name is actually "the doc"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

https://twitter.com/AmberSchmidtke/status/1433201612516995072?s=20

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

why is their race listed???

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

this is like pulling out the network cable right before you lose in counterstrike

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Thesaurus posted:

the little red dot to the left of Puerto Rico is Mona island. It's uninhabited, so if it's gone red you know we're in deep poo poo!!

it’s one guy there and he’s hosed

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Crazypoops posted:

lol that lady hated her kid look how loving fat he is

was. he's dead

nomad2020 posted:

I feel like when those epidemiologists were praising the Corrupted Blood incident in WoW, they might have skipped over the part where it was intentionally spread by assholes.

they don't use it as a real world example specifically because of this, because they said people wouldn't act like that in a real world situation lol

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

yeah I guess his corpse is the fat one now

Stupid Boxes
Feb 9, 2004

good grief!

Casey Finnigan posted:

I grew up in Georgia and can answer this.

It’s because Georgia is racist and has a need to know when a problem affects white peoples or not

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

empty whippet box posted:

they don't use it as a real world example specifically because of this, because they said people wouldn't act like that in a real world situation lol

lmao

I remember back during peak optimism era there were all these articles about how easy we would shut down a zombie outbreak because of how organized and efficient are troops are

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

look, it's only .000001% of children, therefore their parents won't be sad! that's how people work, right?

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Shitpostradomus posted:

gently caress all these people.
I'm picking up tacos, sleeping in and getting high.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Zeroisanumber posted:

Anyone remember that Pandemic game where you're the plague trying to kill humanity? This reminds me of the map that you get when you've made yourself overwhelmingly contagious and the map just fills up with red.

Later it turns black when everyone is dead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSat_gLDXPc

Talk about a trailer that holds up, huh

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Zurtilik posted:

Seems like a lot of pharmacies don't actually care they just want you to click enough boxes that you can't pretend that you weren't lying if you do end up trying to blame them for something gone awry.

i went with my gf to get boosters in early aug, and i'm pretty sure the pharmacist knew they weren't our first shots. the whole wearing respirators indoors thing might have been a clue. but we both stuck with the story that they were our first shots, and it worked out fine for us.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Crazypoops posted:

lmao

I remember back during peak optimism era there were all these articles about how easy we would shut down a zombie outbreak because of how organized and efficient are troops are

The state is good at violence but not much else. But only against it's own citizens.

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans
got sprayed with aerosolized covid blood last shift :smith:

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTxgN693xjo

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Zurtilik posted:

I've decided that eating 100mg of melatonin twice a day is my COVID preventative.

i'm eating 2 twinkies a day as a covid preventative

and weed, that's also a covid preventative

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

goth smoking cloves posted:

His name is actually "the doc"

he went to med school, please call him doctor the doc

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Lovelyn posted:

got sprayed with aerosolized covid blood last shift :smith:

jfc. did they at least give you a king size reece's this time?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mod sassinator posted:

this was the first domino that fell to take down roe vs. wade

hope the wedding was worth it for all those instagram likes

that domino fell a long long time ago, roe v wade was always going to get overturned.

one thing you can count on about the USA is that everything - literally every part of life, from the smallest detail to the intangible concepts like freedom to the individual laws and institutions that make it up - everything will get worse, all the time. nothing about the USA will ever get better or improve ever again. this has been true for a while now, hard to say exactly how long but probably since before i was born

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

Fireside Nut posted:

jfc. did they at least give you a king size reece's this time?

i was rewarded by being told to fill out an incident report

the next day

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Crazypoops posted:

lmao

covid has increased my enjoyment of zombie movies because I no longer have to suspend any disbelief about the initial spread of zombism regardless of how slow and easy to avoid it is. same with all the dumb decisions people make in horror movies. people really are like that, actually they're dumber than that. real people are stupider and more selfish and moronic than anything mankind has ever captured in its art or writing or history. they just get dumber all the time and having better access to information and the tools to learn doesn't change that, it just makes it more and more obvious how insanely loving stupid everybody everywhere is

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
To be clear, the "fish antibiotics" thing was real. Poor Americans were turning to fish meds because you can buy them no-scrip on Amazon, they're basically the same poo poo, just not FDA approved, and it's a relatively mild antibiotic. They weren't buying them because they though antibiotics from the doctor had chips that made you gay in them. They were buying that because they couldn't afford American medical care. The vaccine is free. It's not the same thing.

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

Substandard posted:

I think the Joe Rogan "I'm going to take literally everything I've heard might work" approach to treating COVID once you have it is not a terrible one, even if the horse paste is unlikely to help. It probably won't kill him outright.

I can respect the everything but the kitchen sink approach.

i do this for prophylaxis and it has actually worked so far, but they're all traditional herbs for respiratory illness i got from a Thai pharmacy and not "actual" drugs or meme remedies from twitter

fairly (pleasantly) surprised that this thread is sticking to tried and true methods like preempting CDC advice by 3 months or NPIs that actually work, and isn't trying to goonsource a covid stack. though the BCG era of covidposting was very interesting

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

I rewatched Shaun of the Dead recently, and it seemed pretty realistic right up until the extremely competent government swept in and fixed everything, but they needed an audience-friendly ending so oh well.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
and furthermore, it wasn't "libs" telling people to take fish pills. it was leftist community organizer / mutual aid types trying to do some harm reduction. libs were telling homeless sick people to go shop for the best deal on health care on healthcare.gov at that time.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Loucks posted:

I rewatched Shaun of the Dead recently, and it seemed pretty realistic right up until the extremely competent government swept in and fixed everything, but they needed an audience-friendly ending so oh well.

Consider this tho - they never actually fixed the fact that there's a disease turning people into zombies, they just temporarily halted the zombies progress and learned to live with them lol

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

E Depois do Adeus posted:

i do this for prophylaxis and it has actually worked so far, but they're all traditional herbs for respiratory illness i got from a Thai pharmacy and not "actual" drugs or meme remedies from twitter

fairly (pleasantly) surprised that this thread is sticking to tried and true methods like preempting CDC advice by 3 months or NPIs that actually work, and isn't trying to goonsource a covid stack. though the BCG era of covidposting was very interesting

the solutions to the pandemic are actually super simple

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
day 6 of school in session. 48 staff cases and 101 student cases caught. jfc

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Consider this tho - they never actually fixed the fact that there's a disease turning people into zombies, they just temporarily halted the zombies progress and learned to live with them lol

lol they literally created a slave class for capitalism

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Kunabomber posted:

lol they literally created a slave class for capitalism

BACK TO WORK!!!!

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Last week our school announced a "Test and Stay" program to test kids every day for five days after an exposure.

Today, they send out the newsletter and casually mention that they dont have any tests to implement the program.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

joe lookin like gampy bush melted rear end rotten jackolantern still on the stoop for thanksgiving rear end

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I never followed him even before he became the go-to for Nazis seeking a platform. What state is Joe in and how bad are the hospitals full up there? Like if/when he needs to go to the ICU, will he be able?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

when covid nuts and you just keep sucking

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Casey Finnigan posted:

Race is an important part of medical statistics and medicine generally. If you ignore race you can miss racially-linked medical conditions and also racially discriminatory care.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

it absolutely shatters me that my fellow ministers are trying to convince people (or were) that the shot is some kind of bad thing. a lot of these people look at us as authority figures and what we say? goes. those poor people who have died because of it.
surprise they’re not godly people there’s no such thing

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I never followed him even before he became the go-to for Nazis seeking a platform. What state is Joe in and how bad are the hospitals full up there? Like if/when he needs to go to the ICU, will he be able?

LoL, texas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mountainwalrus
Jan 23, 2020
30% of nurses at the University of Cincinnati Health system would quit if mandated to vaccinate.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2021/09/01/survey-shows-nurses-quit-over-uc-health-covid-19-vaccine-mandate/5680714001/