Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

cumshitter posted:

lol that presentation he gave at the pillow conference about the 1,000 people who conspired to ban him from twitter was incredible

some context for those who didn't watch it live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gregday
May 23, 2003

Dustcat posted:

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1433524332253245440

lol a high school kid got suspended from school for sexual assault and dick pics and took his case directly to the scotus

mike lindell jr

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

Crazypoops posted:

News lady asking me about my husband who fell down the stairs caught fire while rolling out the window impaled on the patio umbrella below and poo poo himself so loudly the neighbors came out "I know if he had a chance he'd do it again"

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Dustcat posted:

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1433524332253245440

lol a high school kid got suspended from school for sexual assault and dick pics and took his case directly to the scotus

gonna take my probations on SA straight to the supreme court!!!

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

in a balkanization scenario I've always imagined including Nevada in the West Coast alliance because splitting Lake Tahoe (if it has not dried up) would be dumb. and yeah the Bob Lazar UFO tech is a +

yeah but imagine the naval battles on lake tahoe

i wonder if Tesla would sell carboard partrol rafts to both sides

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

bleeding kansas posted:

1/6 is probably a red line that dems cant fold on and still get enough votes to win

even centrists are mad

biden just has to avoid more borderline-catastrophic generational troop withdrawals and hes ahead of the game

Enforce the line, or admit that it doesn't exist and get armed insurrection every time the vote doesn't go the way the GOP wants.

Whoops I quoted this earlier and forgot to hit Post, whatever it's still valid.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Crazypoops posted:

News lady asking me about my husband who fell down the stairs caught fire while rolling out the window impaled on the patio umbrella below and poo poo himself so loudly the neighbors came out "I know if he had a chance he'd do it again"

a note was found on his body stating "i regret that i have but one life to give for, uh, this"

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Buddykins posted:

rbg looks like a little troll lmao pay the troll toll!!

lol shes a dumb bitch and good riddence shes dead

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

*the new california navy and free nevadan navy battle it out in the tahoe dust pit where their state of the art tesla cardboard rafts cant even sink so the battle never ends, with sailors dying by the thousands, they will not be remembered*

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys
https://twitter.com/6abc/status/1433494315280437249?s=21

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

I will never understand the rbg worship

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

:d2a:

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Buddykins posted:

she was a hero for insufferable rich white liberal women and the men who love them

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Boy we really gotta figure out what causes police gunfire

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Buddykins posted:

deeply problematic

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Buddykins posted:

I went up to Ithaca NY and was riding my bike on a trail there a month ago and a lady rode by with a Notorious RBG t-shirt on.

If you look up the demographics for Ithaca you'll get it.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Buddykins posted:

i dunno 'bout u but i love really big gapes

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

tacodaemon posted:

a simple but powerful talisman to unlock the finer things in life

https://twitter.com/MLMgirlboss/status/1433488670540156928

lol

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Buddykins posted:

It's easy, liberals see all these people as TV characters just like chuds do

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Lpzie posted:

gonna take my probations on SA straight to the supreme court!!!

in the supreme court of the united states

LARRY PARRISH, petitioner,

v.

THE COWARDLY AND BRAIN-DAMAGED CSPAM MODS, respondent

QUESTIONS PRESENTED

1. whether a poster may be suspended for use of slurs when he is gay and very small

2. should this court issue an order for the mods to be demodded, permabanned, and killed

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

no joke u'll win 5-4 and get to be made an admin if u take the case TO THE TOP

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

VideoKid posted:

https://twitter.com/jasonintrator/status/1433399130701901825?s=20

check out the comments for a bunch of libs going “this is completely different it can’t happen here” and burying their heads in the sand

There's literally a Sinclair Lewis novel called It Can't Happen Here about guess what

(e: the title is sarcastic)

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

https://i.imgur.com/BkA1jrr.mp4

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

emfive posted:

There's literally a Sinclair Lewis novel called It Can't Happen Here about guess what

Me making GBS threads myself?

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Rah! posted:

*the new california navy and free nevadan navy battle it out in the tahoe dust pit where their state of the art tesla cardboard rafts cant even sink so the battle never ends, with sailors dying by the thousands, they will not be remembered*

lmao

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/QOrigins/status/1433527258853953536

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

that's not an "easy to use" website

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

emfive posted:

everyone knows books are make believe, otherwise I’d have gotten by hogwarts letter!

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

emfive posted:

"Uncertainty is a very important factor, and, instead of decreasing as time goes on, it grows. Outside, in the streets, in the general community, ‘everyone’ is happy. One hears no protest, and certainly sees none. You know, in France or Italy there would be slogans against the government painted on walls and fences; in Germany, outside the great cities, perhaps, there is not even this. In the university community, in your own community, you speak privately to your colleagues, some of whom certainly feel as you do; but what do they say? They say, ‘It’s not so bad’ or ‘You’re seeing things’ or ‘You’re an alarmist.’

"And you are an alarmist. You are saying that this must lead to this, and you can’t prove it. These are the beginnings, yes; but how do you know for sure when you don’t know the end, and how do you know, or even surmise, the end? On the one hand, your enemies, the law, the regime, the Party, intimidate you. On the other, your colleagues pooh-pooh you as pessimistic or even neurotic. You are left with your close friends, who are, naturally, people who have always thought as you have.

"But your friends are fewer now. Some have drifted off somewhere or submerged themselves in their work. You no longer see as many as you did at meetings or gatherings. Informal groups become smaller; attendance drops off in little organizations, and the organizations themselves wither. Now, in small gatherings of your oldest friends, you feel that you are talking to yourselves, that you are isolated from the reality of things. This weakens your confidence still further and serves as a further deterrent to—to what? It is clearer all the time that, if you are going to do anything, you must make an occasion to do it, and then you are obviously a troublemaker. So you wait, and you wait.

"But the one great shocking occasion, when tens or hundreds or thousands will join with you, never comes. That’s the difficulty. If the last and worst act of the whole regime had come immediately after the first and smallest, thousands, yes, millions would have been sufficiently shocked—if, let us say, the gassing of the Jews in ’43 had come immediately after the ‘German Firm’ stickers on the windows of non-Jewish shops in ’33. But of course this isn’t the way it happens. In between come all the hundreds of little steps, some of them imperceptible, each of them preparing you not to be shocked by the next. Step C is not so much worse than Step B, and, if you did not make a stand at Step B, why should you at Step C? And so on to Step D.

"And one day, too late, your principles, if you were ever sensible of them, all rush in upon you. The burden of self-deception has grown too heavy, and some minor incident, in my case my little boy, hardly more than a baby, saying ‘Jewish swine,’ collapses it all at once, and you see that everything, everything, has changed and changed completely under your nose. The world you live in—your nation, your people—is not the world you were born in at all. The forms are all there, all untouched, all reassuring, the houses, the shops, the jobs, the mealtimes, the visits, the concerts, the cinema, the holidays. But the spirit, which you never noticed because you made the lifelong mistake of identifying it with the forms, is changed. Now you live in a world of hate and fear, and the people who hate and fear do not even know it themselves; when everyone is transformed, no one is transformed. Now you live in a system which rules without responsibility even to God."

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/KumarsSalehi/status/1433524786987077633

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

titty_baby_ posted:

Me making GBS threads myself?

he basically predicted USA chud behavior about 80 years ago

it has a happy ending though so he hosed that up

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

picking my auditors just like in the great british bake off challenge.. one salty, one sweet.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

emfive posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svdrAHn_LGo

i keep trying to read babbit but it's too real

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/WeAreMel/status/1433450901369405443

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

ArmZ posted:

i keep trying to read babbit but it's too real

true fact: i was reading babbitt when the 9/11 attacks happened

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

is that an oyster shell emoji

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 362 days!

goth smoking cloves posted:

some context for those who didn't watch it live.
It ruled that all of mike pillows' "special guests" were clearly just there to air their personal grievances and the whole election fraud thing was very secondary

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

tacodaemon posted:

true fact: i was reading babbitt when the 9/11 attacks happened

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1433530915234271235

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Buddykins posted: