Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Ginette Reno posted:

That kid looks like a 10 year old Rush Limbaugh

That mother's insanely :smug: tweet and the photo of her gawping Large Adolescent Son instantly made me think of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKRma7PDW10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Mulaney Power Move posted:

i was curious about the side effects of ivermectin and apparently there is a human version. but people are still taking the horse version.

Human version (produced by totally not a member of any big pharma conspiracy Merck) requires a prescription and real doctors/pharmacists are telling people to gently caress off so they are buying the animal versions otc instead.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Listen buddy, you can eat paste if you want to but i'm not giving you a permission slip

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

so uh whats up with the schools today vis-a-vis their "closed" status

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

Wow Danny Tamberelli isn't doin too hot huh

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

ben shapino posted:

I closed them all.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

ben shapino posted:

you can check weather closures on the school website or the ticker on your local news station

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

Team, i got my vax 5.5 Months ago and I think some of my long COVID is coming back. Primarily, it's the random 2 day fevers every couple weeks.

Anyone else feeling that poo poo come back or am i correlating unconnected poo poo?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

PhazonLink posted:

so in Rush's age range?

No one is in Rush Limbaugh's age range because he's loving dead lol

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

Im dumb but imagine being REALLY dumb and drinking weird sheep medicine

I'll have you know that the FDA approved Ivermectin for human use. :smug:

Anyway, y'all are trusting the vaccine because it's FDA approved? Pfft, sheep.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Duck and Cover posted:

Well... https://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/no-ivermectin-is-not-making-people-poop-out-rope-worms-the-truth-is-much-worse/

Now I don't know how good a source ilfscience is but I've certainly seen posts in the lol trump thread showing tweets and such.

edit: Also it can if you overdose. https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer-updates/why-you-should-not-use-ivermectin-treat-or-prevent-covid-19

Pics (of human poo poo) or didn't happen

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

Pics (of human poo poo) or didn't happen

:horsedrugs:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Someone post the "me and my friends high on horse tranquilizers" meme please

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1433286324425871373
You don't say :allears:

They're getting a huge number of deaths but they're backdating almost all of them so it perpetually looks like numbers are dropping off
https://twitter.com/MiamiHerald/status/1433489477977186304

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/florida/

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Sep 2, 2021

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
what is Ron DeSantis' problem? Like, I don't even get it. People are just dying all over and... I don't even get it. Like, OK I know why Hitler and Stalin and Pol Pot and Mao and Suharto killed millions of people. It was bad, but I know why they did it and what they were trying to do. I don't even understand this whole angle of, like, letting everyone get sick and die to prove that there is no problem? What are you trying to do?

edit: I don't even see our current state as being in line with all the other history I know. Like, this all doesn't even seem to mirror anything I know about. It's just super fuckin weird.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

what is Ron DeSantis' problem? Like, I don't even get it. People are just dying all over and... I don't even get it. Like, OK I know why Hitler and Stalin and Pol Pot and Mao and Suharto killed millions of people. It was bad, but I know why they did it and what they were trying to do. I don't even understand this whole angle of, like, letting everyone get sick and die to prove that there is no problem? What are you trying to do?

edit: I don't even see our current state as being in line with all the other history I know. Like, this all doesn't even seem to mirror anything I know about. It's just super fuckin weird.

It's like a Mr Bean sketch where he does something dumb because he's a thoughtless moron and then gets super embarrassed over the idea that other people will notice so he gets into weirder and weirder situations trying to cover it up and pretend that everything is normal and fine

Except with thousands and thousands of people dying or being permanently maimed and countless lives being ruined and statisticians being raided by SWAT teams

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
yeah but also Mr. Bean is, like, a huge rear end in a top hat and openly hostile towards most people

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

He's not going to just admit he was wrong at this point. Gotta go all in on the stupidity.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

He's gonna run for president at some point.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

The big difference IMO is that Jews, Ukrainians, or city Cambodians did not want to die for the cause. DeSantis's base does. The GOP schtick of strength=hating weakness means they only have contempt for those who get sick or die. DeSantis could spray his base with machine gun fire and they'd close ranks and march forward to the last man like Gallipoli, laughing and mocking every other person mowed down until it happened to them. If DeSantis stops firing for even a moment, the crowd will turn on him. Not to assign even a speck of humanity to that walking offal, but it may be why he's pitching regeneron so much (no, its because he ghoulishly wants to pick their pockets as they march in waves over the wall).

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

What does the thread think?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

I don't even understand this whole angle of, like, letting everyone get sick and die to prove that there is no problem? What are you trying to do?

if everything is fine then we can go back to work for the companies that own the government ECONOMY

A Strange Aeon posted:

there is a statistical possibility but the boys back at the lab will have to evaluate this hypothesis before we take any action

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

it's not like I can punch a virus in the nose though. I can't shoot it with a gun to show everyone how tough I am. I can't even squish it with my hand like a bug, it's too small.

I guess you're a just a huge pussy if something as little as a germ can kill you

You jjst gotta go "hnnnnnGGGGGHH" kinda like Goku and kill the germs in you, but you can only do that if you are strong and tough and don't have a vaccine.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Vampire Panties posted:

The big difference IMO is that Jews, Ukrainians, or city Cambodians did not want to die for the cause. DeSantis's base does. The GOP schtick of strength=hating weakness means they only have contempt for those who get sick or die. DeSantis could spray his base with machine gun fire and they'd close ranks and march forward to the last man like Gallipoli, laughing and mocking every other person mowed down until it happened to them. If DeSantis stops firing for even a moment, the crowd will turn on him. Not to assign even a speck of humanity to that walking offal, but it may be why he's pitching regeneron so much (no, its because he ghoulishly wants to pick their pockets as they march in waves over the wall).

Yeah they're more worried that the newspapers might say they died of covid than about dying

https://twitter.com/ZeeshanAleem/status/1432719442266529796

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Lol, "might be"? Abusing data lag has been a standard technique since the beginning of the pandemic (and it wasn't new then, either).

E: Double Lol, WSJ rushing to his defense with "many states use this". Many of them are using it for the exact same purpose but the (more) well-intentioned figured out how to at least highlight the misleading component.

Florida's publish death counts:

vs. Oregon:

EE: Wtf doesn't worldometers have a data disclaimer for data lag?

SilverObul
Apr 19, 2008

Cockragon

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

My running theory, based on nothing in particular so take from it what you will, is someone in his camp ran the numbers and determined the loss of voters from covid deaths does not outweigh the loss of voters from a Republican opponent who runs on a more ruthless campaign of caring about your freedoms. Which if sensible health guidelines were in place would be relatively easy to do because there is nothing Republicans love more than to say, "Why did we do all this stuff!? Such a waste! Nothing bad even happened." Obviously ignoring the bad things [or nearly as bad] didn't happen because of those preventative measures.

Just a guess. He could also be a massive devout death-cult dumbass. These don't need to be mutually exclusive, of course.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

SmiteOfHand posted:

My running theory, based on nothing in particular so take from it what you will, is someone in his camp ran the numbers and determined the loss of voters from covid deaths does not outweigh the loss of voters from a Republican opponent who runs on a more ruthless campaign of caring about your freedoms. Which if sensible health guidelines were in place would be relatively easy to do because there is nothing Republicans love more than to say, "Why did we do all this stuff!? Such a waste! Nothing bad even happened." Obviously ignoring the bad things [or nearly as bad] didn't happen because of those preventative measures.

Just a guess. He could also be a massive devout death-cult dumbass. These don't need to be mutually exclusive, of course.

I realised a thing this morning - republican chuds are unreachable, they are going to keep dying at shocking rates from covid because ITS NOT REAL. Abbot and De Santis know this, so to offset the deaths from their voters from stupidity, they have to undermine and destroy sensible Covid mitigation strategies to ensure that equal numbers of non Abbot/DeSantis voters die too.

They want to make sure people who would never vote for them die in similar numbers to their own voters, and they are willing to do it by force.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

The issue with the way Florida is reporting deaths is not that the data lag exists, but that they very recently changed the way they reported. It was right as the delta wave was heating up. I've been watching the Florida numbers almost daily throughout the pandemic since I live in this cursed swamp, and it was "normal" in the past to see hundreds of deaths reported each day during the peaks. This time, they've been reporting 20,000+ new confirmed cases almost every day for a month, but somehow single digit deaths each day. So yeah, other places may be doing it too, but the reason it's being talked about in FL is not just because it's misleading, but because the timing of it makes it obvious that the governor is trying to cover up the current crisis and get the "FL breaks corpse pile record for 3rd day in a row as DeSantis defunds another school for requiring masks" headlines out of the news every day. Now we only get those headlines once per week when the cumulative numbers get updated.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

A Strange Aeon posted:

looks like these kids need more horse paste

:zak:

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Rad-daddio posted:

looks like these kids need more peanut butter & jam & horse paste

:zak:

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

ruddiger posted:

Someone post the "me and my friends high on horse tranquilizers" meme please

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Could some of the red state deathcultism also be based on a calculation that non-whites suffer higher death rates than whites, so it's a backhanded way of trying to cull non-white populations and their own supporters are just acceptable collateral damage?

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Could some of the red state deathcultism also be based on a calculation that non-whites suffer higher death rates than whites, so it's a backhanded way of trying to cull non-white populations and their own supporters are just acceptable collateral damage?

No, they're just incredibly dumb and stubborn

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Fallom posted:

Given that these cards are being filled out by hand I'm not sure I agree with the spelling being a major tell lol

Yeah I had to point out to a vaccinator at a site I was working at that she'd written "Phizer" on a bunch of forms (but weirdly had spelled it correctly on the cards). She reckons she'd probably written the word about 20,000 times by that point and her brain was just rejecting the word. Also every once in a while people (admin and clinical) just brainfart and write AZ instead of Pfizer or put the date in the batch number space on the card or something despite filling out the exact same details on the exact same card dozens or hundreds of times a day (this is of course why QA exists as a field).

At least the NHS does an electronic record thing, but I'm willing to bet there's a pharmacist somewhere taking backhanders to squirt the dose into the bin or something - not really a huge amount you can do about that though.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

this looks like a Vuelta a España stage profile

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

My vaccination card has Moderna and the lot number for each dose stamped on it, not hand-written.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
poo poo your county can afford to produce RUBBER STAMPS?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Mine had stickers

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

my theory is Ron Desantis is a doomscroller (like all of us) but with the unique power to create his own content, since he is a governor

I don't have evidence for this but it's a unique villain origin story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Fur20 posted:

poo poo your county can afford to produce RUBBER STAMPS?

I got mine from a local non-profit organization who absolutely rock - not sure if the county was as fancy.