Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Casey Finnigan posted:

once we get cases to go straight up, all we have to do is rotate the earth 90 degrees to make them go straight down

I mean that's basically how Superman saved Lois Lane that one time right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

UFOTacoMan posted:

It'll stop any day now (any day now, any day now)

that is a very underrated song on that special.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Zeroisanumber posted:

I will never stop laughing at anti-vaxx fuckwits eating poo poo and dying.

I've been waiting far too long for these lmaos for me to give them up now

coke
Jul 12, 2009

Animal-Mother posted:

s/o is in a zoom meeting with a professor and i overhear "yeah we're recovering from covid, it's weird because we're both fully vaxxed with pfizer..."

this is going to happen over and over again for at least the next year while the dummies in charge get dragged, kicking and screaming, into officially allowing boosters

i mean i've mostly looked at charts for 3080's fps in control etc. but you can see those beautiful, strong and long log-based bars

and anyone who choose to end their prep at 2nd dose over 3rd dose is an idiot especially they are cheaper and easier to get than a 3080

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

Stereotype posted:

"well see we just have to convince these horrible infinitely stubborn psycopath chuds guzzing horse paste to get a vaccine" as vaccinated people also drop dead and get permanent organ damage and literally zero children are even allowed to get vaccinated who are also getting sick and dying.

With enough kindness, compassion, understanding, and logic we shall surely overcome their stubborn notions of.. LOL can't keep typing that garbage

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

T-Paine posted:

https://twitter.com/TheAtlantic/status/1433511883424796677

we just aren't being nice enough to the paste chompin' fuckwits

This is just like those editorials blaming "the American people" for losing Afghanistan, lol.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

who cares about the flu. it barely existed last year...

oh, no. no more NPIs...influenza/covid co-infections should be fun!

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Crazyweasel posted:

In highly vaccinated locations you expect a certain percentage to be in vaccinated individuals and those are anticipated breakthroughs. It’s like wearing a seat belt, a large percentage of people are going to get hurt in car accidents while wearing a seat belt, because most people are wearing one

Yeah but a lot of people are running around thinking their vaccine is impenetrable magic and they should probably be told it's not.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
we must get down on our hands and knees and speak gently to these poor little anti-vaxxers, who simply need our guidance

why do they think we're condescending?

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.
https://twitter.com/DWUhlfelderLaw/status/1433570254047825923

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

flatten the curves on your EKG readout

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
https://youtu.be/OUoB8iGTrpk

This guy is a preacher or something. Jesus Christ I love you god.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Bone Crimes posted:

So, I gotta confess that I'm curious about these fish pills now, from a prepping perspective. I'd hate to have me or my kids go out from some cut if/when the medical system breaks - purely from a SHTF perspective. Any additional guidance from your aunt?

preppers have written roughly 3 million words about fish antibiotics, check that out.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
has anyone come up with the idea with using a window fan at home to create a negative pressure room for quarantining? if not, i will take my nobel in medicine thank you

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

Lovelyn posted:

thanks for all the offers and kind words, goons, it really does help me cope

YORE TEH REAL HEROES

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Teenage Riot
May 25, 2010

Rubby posted:

Yeah, aside from everything else that's horrifically broken in the American healthcare system we are just going to have a generation of burnt out, jaded husks of medical practitioners which I'm sure we, as a country, will do everything in our power to support them

lol

also shout out this person doing the respirator version of double masking:

I am in KF94 crew rather than half-mask crew, but if I ever make the jump I hope I too get one that looks like a SNES Mouse

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

coke posted:

i mean i've mostly looked at charts for 3080's fps in control etc. but you can see those beautiful, strong and long log-based bars

and anyone who choose to end their prep at 2nd dose over 3rd dose is an idiot especially they are cheaper and easier to get than a 3080

the most telling thing about that data is that titers actually improve 1 month post third dose, while they decline 1 month post second dose

but boosters probably won't be available until after tens of thousands of fully vaccinated people die because some FDA shitheads got mad that biden stated the obvious before they could sagely nod their heads and proclaim "yes, it is time for boosters. for at-risk health care workers in disadvantaged communities with over 100k in student debt only."

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

It'd be interesting to see this normalized for age as well.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

BEAR GRYLLZ posted:

the most telling thing about that data is that titers actually improve 1 month post third dose, while they decline 1 month post second dose

but boosters probably won't be available until after tens of thousands of fully vaccinated people die because some FDA shitheads got mad that biden stated the obvious before they could sagely nod their heads and proclaim "yes, it is time for boosters. for at-risk health care workers in disadvantaged communities with over 100k in student debt only."

Lol how hey are planning to do a phase system again

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Steve Yun posted:

I am curious about these exhale filters. They don't look like the official 3M ones, were they 3D printed?

They look like the 3d printed ones I've seen on etsy and thingverse.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I wonder if anyone has considered asking all the unvaxxed people to please get the vaccine, maybe via a tweet?

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
are you (we) winning son?

Baddog
May 12, 2001

OK baizuo posted:

So Colorado has mobile vaccination busses that give out Pfizer or Moderna and don't require any insurance or ID, I think I'm gonna go for it.

Only question is if I should make a reservation for Rusty Shackelford ahead of time to look more legit or try for a walk up

Hey just walking up is fine, if you don't do it an hour before close. I got a shot in about five minutes.

Get your 100 Walmart bucks with your 3rd shot too.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

them watching their loved ones and friends drown in their own fluids hasn't convinced them to get the vaccine, but maybe if we're nicer to them they might change their minds and stop stockpiling horse drugs?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Isentropy posted:

them watching their loved ones and friends drown in their own fluids hasn't convinced them to get the vaccine, but maybe if we're nicer to them they might change their minds and stop stockpiling horse drugs?

Cheer up, the real dangerous time of year for covid, in its new more infectious variant, is 3 months from now! So queue up your schadenfreude to hit maximum by MLK day 2022

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Crazyweasel posted:

In highly vaccinated locations you expect a certain percentage to be in vaccinated individuals and those are anticipated breakthroughs. It’s like wearing a seat belt, a large percentage of people are going to get hurt in car accidents while wearing a seat belt, because most people are wearing one

there aren’t any highly vaccinate populations in the United States

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

I got Covid. 10 day quarantine.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Rauros posted:

who cares about the flu. it barely existed last year...

oh, no. no more NPIs...influenza/covid co-infections should be fun!

They're strongly advising 2-6-year-olds get a flu vaccine here this year, season is likely to be brutal due to practically zero immunity.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Piggy Smalls posted:

Grats on your natural immunity

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Lmao my essential workplace got spooked by quickly rising number in Melbourne and our manager's solution is to clean our desks and door handles every evening. We're stuck in March 2020.

But at least last year I could work from home.

Edit: only about a quarter of us wear (mostly cloth) masks despite fines of $1,817 for individuals and $11k for businesses.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Sep 3, 2021

selec
Sep 6, 2003

empty whippet box posted:

I wonder if anyone has considered asking all the unvaxxed people to please get the vaccine, maybe via a tweet?

I mean that’s literally what Bruenig is walking up to in her article. how does it work to actually listen to and try to reach unvaccinated people? I live in Iowa, and I am bitter as gently caress about being in the island of sensibility that is my college town surrounded by people who don’t agree.

but I also know scolding or insulting those people won’t work. I appreciate the empathetic, thoughtful approach she’s taken; and it’s notable that she takes care to show her own vaccinated priors and opinions throughout the piece, yet despite that care she’s still getting poo poo that (at least I believe) she doesn’t deserve. it sucks, but this is how freedom works, until we can come up with a liberal (small L) case for nationwide mandates that will hold up.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
ngl at this point I'm more worried about hospitalization dropoff on the shots than transmission rates

if your short term antibodies get caught flat footed but the memory cells keep you out of the hospital that's probably all most of us can hope for at this point, if we're talking 2 month falloff

Shitpostradomus
Sep 19, 2020

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/ypiski_KILGORE/status/1433583450485923842

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

quote:

Teenage Riot posted:

I am in KF94 crew rather than half-mask crew, but if I ever make the jump I hope I too get one that looks like a SNES Mouse

that's the respirator equivelent of this:

It looks like this broken down, but he's using a shelled p100 filter for the particle filter. I don't think the black organic vapor cartridge is needed in a hospital, but I bet it cuts down on a lot of bad smells. And having it separate from the p100 filter might be cheaper on replacements compared to a OV+p100 combo filter. Or he bought the cheap painting kit at home depot that comes with a OV filter and a cotton n95 pre-filter.

edit: the snes mouse is a 3m 7093 or 7093b filter. B version just means bulk packaging, they're usually a couple bucks cheaper than the retail packaging.

jetz0r fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Sep 3, 2021

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Piggy Smalls posted:

I’m sending you my last pferdepaste

good luck

rockear
Oct 3, 2004

Slippery Tilde

cenotaph posted:

They look like the 3d printed ones I've seen on etsy and thingverse.

Yeah they have a lot of cool 3D printed respirator stuff on Etsy these days besides the skulls. I am picking up one of these adapters to put a filter on the exhaust of my 8500, and a couple 3M to Honeywell adapters so I have more options if filters become scarce down the road.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/937233593/filter-adapter-for-honeywellnorth

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

rockear posted:

Yeah they have a lot of cool 3D printed respirator stuff on Etsy these days besides the skulls. I am picking up one of these adapters to put a filter on the exhaust of my 8500, and a couple 3M to Honeywell adapters so I have more options if filters become scarce down the road.

what's the L stand for, huh?? Loser???

(jk i wear a respirator and that exhaust cover looks cool)

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

rockear posted:

I started out with the 3M 6200 and moved to the 7502 in search of comfort and I'm not impressed with any of the exhale filters for the 7502. I only go out to grocery shop once every 3 weeks so right now I'm pretty sure I'm no danger to others without exhale filters but it would be cool if there was an all inclusive model. Although I've spent enough on these drat things already just buying two.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

gonna bedazzle my respirator when it comes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I should put some nurgle symbols on my cartridges.