Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Koivunen posted:

You might want to save one thing of breast milk for night time in case your baby decides to be choosy with the formula. Also clear it with your wife before you use up all the milk, it’s a pretty devastating feeling to run out completely.

Both good points! We are gonna start out mixing formula into breastmilk to supplement it, and it'll be on an as-needed basis. Not breaking out the baby brezza just yet either. As to the milk, that's already happened, at least the milk from the last few days--we have a few bags in our secondary freezer and my wife told me to use one of them if I ran out today. Which I did, but I managed to get her to make it until my wife got home from work. She's pretty distraught about running low and about how much she's been able to pump, but she said she wants to make sure our girl gets enough to eat so we'd have to break out the formula sooner or later (and baby girl hasn't shown interest in our food yet, so we aren't starting cereals just yet).

The month has been a doozy and since our girl is home all week unexpectedly due to a covid positive in her infant room, the schedules have been hosed and just so happened to coincide with her teething, growing, and possibly hitting her 4mo regression. Probably explains why she's eating so goddamn much the past couple days, we can't really keep her satisfied it feels like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveSauce
Feb 15, 2004

Oh, how awkward.
Super duper!

~4 year old threw up this morning. Last night at dinner she said her stomach hurt, but every other time she's said that nothing comes of it. She didn't eat much of her dinner, but again she's 4 so this isn't abnormal.

About 4:30am we wake up to a bunch of coughing and her saying "I feel sick." Sure enough, she had thrown up. On the carpet, not her bed... not sure if that's better or worse.

Went back to sleep for a bit but now she's awake... still feels sick, but wants to eat.

So this will be a fun long weekend... was already a 4 day with labor day and day care being closed tomorrow. Now it's a 5 day with one sick kid, and hopefully nobody else catches it.

Doc opens at 8, we'll see if we can get her in.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
A weird question but life is weird for us all. 16 month is in daycare. That's fine, etc. But of course covid is exploding. So far so good but I'm sure it'll hit her center sooner or later.

Am I crazy for wondering if I should try to acquire some frozen breast milk from someone who's vaccinated, keep in the freezer and feed it to her if she ever gets it?

We could only breastfeed a week so obviously it's been a long rear end time. And she's even been off formula now for about 4 months, whole milk all the way with real food etc.

I'm probably just being crazy.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

DaveSauce posted:

Doc opens at 8, we'll see if we can get her in.

I don't know what the tradition is where you're at but I wouldn't take a kid to a doctor just for vomiting and feeling ill for a day or so. If it persists for longer or if she runs a really high fever, I'd go. But for now you should probably just isolate, in case it's a norovirus.

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

This is a topic that's really hard to google to get good information. Someone correct me if I'm wrong about this:

The "antibodies pass through breastmilk" thing that people talk about is a lot more nuanced than that single line. My understanding is the only real benefit is for antibodies for issues that are involved in the stomach/intestines, not things for the entire body.

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

External Organs posted:

A weird question but life is weird for us all. 16 month is in daycare. That's fine, etc. But of course covid is exploding. So far so good but I'm sure it'll hit her center sooner or later.

Am I crazy for wondering if I should try to acquire some frozen breast milk from someone who's vaccinated, keep in the freezer and feed it to her if she ever gets it?

We could only breastfeed a week so obviously it's been a long rear end time. And she's even been off formula now for about 4 months, whole milk all the way with real food etc.

I'm probably just being crazy.

I don't think it would do much good after contracting COVID. It's like the people asking to be vaccinated after they get sick and admitted to the hospital....not going to help anything at that point.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

They got their vaccine by getting covid, just a harsher form of the vaccine.

But no no, the vaccine is bad

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Alterian posted:

This is a topic that's really hard to google to get good information. Someone correct me if I'm wrong about this:

The "antibodies pass through breastmilk" thing that people talk about is a lot more nuanced than that single line. My understanding is the only real benefit is for antibodies for issues that are involved in the stomach/intestines, not things for the entire body.

This post reminded me I read this recently. It's in swedish but one can google translate it and it's pretty decent

https://svenska.yle.fi/a/7-10005018

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

External Organs posted:

I don't have a complete answer for you but a part of the puzzle could be that as far as I've understood it, not everyone who has had Covid has detectable amounts of antibodies in their bloodstream, which I presume is also true for vaccinated people. And if you don't have them in your bloodstream, you're not likely to have them in your breast milk. Immunity to Covid-19 to a large extent comes from other factors like T-cells. So, if my assumptions hold, you're quite likely to get milk containing no antibodies, which would be useless.

And as already alluded to by Alterian, it's not been proven that infants exposed to Covid would actually benefit from orally ingesting antibodies. It's fairly hypothetical, though it would make some amount of sense that some protection could be conferred.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Thanks all, I appreciate it. Breast milk is such a black box!

I know statistically that my kid would probably fine, and was likelier in worse danger when she had RSV, but it just sucks to have it looming somewhere in the future.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

So, we're going to need to prep our 5yo for the passing of the dog i mentioned.

The dog's 14 years old and has had a pretty good life, and i suppose due to her being part boxer she's always been excellent with kids. We're just not sure how best to handle the situation due to our daughter not being with us for the long weekend and some other poo poo her birthdad's pulled - he's told her in the past that certain minor accidents and things that she's dwelled on wouldn't happen around him. Stuff like "oh if i was there when you took the tumble on your bike i would have caught you, unlike at your mom/stepdad's house".

We can only imagine what he'd do with the passing of Layla.

At the moment we're waiting on an update from the vet before moving forward, since that'll decide whether Layla is brought home to pass peacefully or if she'll be helped to cross that rainbow bridge. If it's the latter we of course won't have our daughter with us but we do want to give her a chance to say goodbye beforehand.

My wife is wondering if we should just shield our daughter completely from it but i'm pretty sure that's the wrong route to go. Any advice for age-appropriate explanations?

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

I'm sorry for your loss, it's got to be difficult for you to grieve for yourself while also worried about your kid's response and their dad's BS.

I don't have great recommendations for short notice discussions, but I do recall a lot of great book suggestions in the thread previously that can hopefully be resurrected.

For us we have been pretty open about the concept of death from early on. Talking about it in relation to flowers, plants, food we eat, and other animals. We've only had two family deaths, but They were people he doesn't really remember. It's unclear how he would handle someone with a stronger connection too, but I can't imagine trying to hide it or gloss it over. I feel like that would only make things worse in the long run. In your case it might even play into the ex's potential comments, since hiding it could appear like an admission of guilt.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

I just farted in front of my 3yo son, the eyes-closed, bite your lip type of fart—and then I said, “excuse me!”

My son’s reaction was to walk closer to me and sniff it.

Not sure whether to be proud or concerned, maybe a mix of both

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

So we had to put our 13 year old dog down a couple years ago. My kid was in first grade. We prepped him for it-- he's old and sick and his body doesn't work the way it is supposed to anymore and nothing the doctors can do will fix it so the vet is going to give him a drug that helps his body quit working entirely in a way that is not painful for him and then he will die. Answered all his questions, etc.

He strongly expressed a preference to go with us while it happened and we let him. I was really torn about that decision but in hindsight I'm glad he went. We all got to sob together and comfort each other and he saw that it was peaceful and calm. If he hasn't wanted to go I would not have taken him and we weren't planning on taking him at all but he was so insistent that he be there.
I think the hardest part for him was watching my dad and me just sob. But we worked though it together.

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

This is also a great book for explaining death to kids

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/0553344021/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_Z1QDGXVZFPWE8AK6FTTY

ghost story
Sep 10, 2005
Boo.
We lost our 14-ish year old dog this summer and my youngest is 4.

Largely she was unaffected by it. But I had been talking about it a lot beforehand. Talking about how his body was old and it wasn't working anymore. Using very clinical terms of what would happen but still age level - how I would take him to the vet, the vet would give him a shot and the shot would stop his heart and then he would die.

He was cremated, so I explained that I would pick him up in a few days but he'd be in a box and it'd just be a box. This is different if you're doing a burial at home.

I didn't say "put to sleep" as I was worried about the fear about associating sleep with death. Granted at this age level, death is still a very loose concept. I had originally planned to give both of my kids the choice to be there or not - but covid made it so that wasn't an option. Same with the final appointment at home vs at the vet's office.

I liked Badger's Parting Gifts - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRTRABhJTbo and that kind of held her attention for a little bit but I'm not sure if it really "helped" her. It helped me some because oof.

Be prepared for them to bring it up to everyone and at random times. It was The Topic to bring up to anyone. It's a Big Change in the household and thus its obviously news that Everyone Must Know. She still brings it up but it isn't a guaranteed topic to random people we see at the library anymore.

Its also important that kids see that adults have emotions. My kids have seen me cry more these past few months than ... ever.

It sucks. I'm sorry.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Just found out my son has a confirmed case of COVID in his classroom. Entire class was sent home for the next two days, plus the weekend and Monday holiday. He was complaining about a sore throat yesterday, so we are 100% getting him tested. Not looking forward to that wait.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
My youngest had sniffles that turned into coughing which turned into shortness of breath which turned into a panicked drive to the ER for me last night. Turns out it was her allergies or possibly a cold that is engaging some asthma (her older brother had the same but I had completely forgotten about that ER trip 6 years ago or so).

Holy poo poo though she is strong and she did NOT want anything done like the o2 sensor or putting on the nebulizer mask. They administered a covid test too and I had to wrap her up like Hannibal Lecter for that one and her screaming was drowning out all other noise in the ER. There was one nurse who had the touch and calmed her down just from saying hello and could walk her through different things needed doing and she would participate enthusiastically. She ended the evening singing head and shoulders knees and toes to him and the doctors with a big smile.

Just a crazy experience for me because she goes from a super strong wild animal to life of the party almost instantly, lol. Her siblings are so different, the oldest is very quiet and timid and will cry quietly if he’s upset, the middle is a 100% people person and loves to chat with doctors or nurses even if she is a bit scared or uncomfortable, and this one is a full on Jekyll and Hyde.

The asthma meds helped a lot and she felt less scared so could just let her nice side show..

Hoo boy she is going to be fun in adolescence.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

AngryRobotsInc posted:

Just found out my son has a confirmed case of COVID in his classroom. Entire class was sent home for the next two days, plus the weekend and Monday holiday. He was complaining about a sore throat yesterday, so we are 100% getting him tested. Not looking forward to that wait.

Hi there fellow haver of a kid-not-in-daycare-because-of-covid-case. Even just a couple of days is brutal, but hopefully your kiddo isn’t positive for covid.

Ours is still out since last Friday, she can go back tomorrow but both infant rooms have been shut down since then. Her main room first, they took her in the second room temporarily, then THAT room got a positive case. Brutal on our schedules and our mental health as she has a growth spurt and possible sleep regression

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

My baby was fine for a couple of days after her fever on the weekend until she started coughing at dinner last night. It got worse at bedtime and I was up rocking her back to sleep 10 times last night. She’s mucousy and coughing still today. Poor baby. :(

We’re waiting on a call from her doctor. I don’t know when she’ll call, but I expect we’ll have to get baby Covid tested and will likely have to cancel our backyard party on Saturday for vaccinated family who haven’t met the baby yet. Timing!

I was looking forward to making apple cherry crisp too.

Though I’m also kind of bitter about my aunt and cousins not RSVPing my invite. Like, if you don’t wanna come, just say so! 2 of my mom’s cousins and their families were supposed to come out and maaaaybe my sister. I hope I can just postpone it a week and the weather will still be okay.

DaveSauce
Feb 15, 2004

Oh, how awkward.

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

I don't know what the tradition is where you're at but I wouldn't take a kid to a doctor just for vomiting and feeling ill for a day or so. If it persists for longer or if she runs a really high fever, I'd go. But for now you should probably just isolate, in case it's a norovirus.

Nor would I, except that vomiting is on the list of covid symptoms, so day care won't let her back in without a negative PCR test. Could go to like a drive through and get that I guess, but it's just as quick to get a doctor appointment and be sure it's not something else.

She feels fine, but now we have to wait for the test to come back.

in_cahoots
Sep 12, 2011

priznat posted:

My youngest had sniffles that turned into coughing which turned into shortness of breath which turned into a panicked drive to the ER for me last night. Turns out it was her allergies or possibly a cold that is engaging some asthma (her older brother had the same but I had completely forgotten about that ER trip 6 years ago or so).

Holy poo poo though she is strong and she did NOT want anything done like the o2 sensor or putting on the nebulizer mask. They administered a covid test too and I had to wrap her up like Hannibal Lecter for that one and her screaming was drowning out all other noise in the ER. There was one nurse who had the touch and calmed her down just from saying hello and could walk her through different things needed doing and she would participate enthusiastically. She ended the evening singing head and shoulders knees and toes to him and the doctors with a big smile.

Just a crazy experience for me because she goes from a super strong wild animal to life of the party almost instantly, lol. Her siblings are so different, the oldest is very quiet and timid and will cry quietly if he’s upset, the middle is a 100% people person and loves to chat with doctors or nurses even if she is a bit scared or uncomfortable, and this one is a full on Jekyll and Hyde.

The asthma meds helped a lot and she felt less scared so could just let her nice side show..

Hoo boy she is going to be fun in adolescence.

Not sure how old your child is but we’ve dealt with similar issues for most of my 2.5 year old’s life. For every cold there’s a 30% risk of ending up in urgent care for wheezing. We finally got the asthma diagnosis so now he’s got a steroid inhaler as a prophylactic.

Some tips that I’ve learned if this turns out to be a common occurrence: keep a pulse oximeter at home. It’s easier to use than the ones at our urgent care and gives us peace of mind. Below 95 we set up a same-day appointment; below 92 we bring him in immediately and prepare mentally for hospitalization. With Covid they’ve been more lenient here in trying to avoid the ER, most recently even with a stat of 90 they just kept him in urgent care. For us the stat tends to go down overnight so it’s good to have a clear idea of when we will bring him in vs letting him sleep.

Talk with your doctor about using the nebulizer or an albuterol inhaler at the first sign of shortness of breath. We do it every 4 hours round the clock (including waking him up at night) and it’ll bring his oxygen up a couple of points and make it easier for him to breathe and sleep. We have a special YouTube playlist that we only watch during nebulizer time, so he actually looks forward to it. Otherwise if you can use an inhaler instead of a nebulizer it’s probably less of a struggle.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Welp just used formula with our baby girl, 2oz of it in 4oz breastmilk because we are running low on breastmilk. Thought the ravenous phase was over when she didn’t want a bottle earlier today after 4.5 hours, but then she slept only 45 minutes again and is about finished sucking down the bottle of breastmilk and formula. I want to have one ready made next time because it is absolute hell listening to her scream and cry and I think, “it’s been a goddamn hour and a half how could she be hungry again?!”

Like wtf I can’t keep up with this, but she has to wait until I can get a bottle ready because her feeding desires are at best unpredictable at the moment.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

We got the update from the vet. Layla's coming home to spend the rest of the week with us being spoiled and to give our daughter her chance to say goodbye.

Not sure how long we have until we make the follow-up appointment to help ease her across the bridge but we'll have my folks look after the kids when we do. Thanks for the support y'all, and i picked up the book one of you recommended.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

citybeatnik posted:

We got the update from the vet. Layla's coming home to spend the rest of the week with us being spoiled and to give our daughter her chance to say goodbye.

Not sure how long we have until we make the follow-up appointment to help ease her across the bridge but we'll have my folks look after the kids when we do. Thanks for the support y'all, and i picked up the book one of you recommended.

Sorry to hear, my dude—my condolences. My ill-timed fart post notwithstanding, that’s a tough blow to deal with and also have to help a kiddo through grief.

My BIL had to do that with his 14yo pit bull (the sweetest dog, a Very Good Girl) a couple months ago, right after one of his step kids had become really attached to her. It was pretty tough on him and the kids, especially since he’d gotten her as a puppy in college.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Has anyone else ever dealt with a baby who hates the car? I thought babies were supposed to love the car?

Koivunen
Oct 7, 2011

there's definitely no logic
to human behaviour

hallo spacedog posted:

Has anyone else ever dealt with a baby who hates the car? I thought babies were supposed to love the car?

First kid loved the car, second kid hated and only now barely tolerates the car for shot twenty minutes at a time at three months old. Bloody murder screaming, inconsolable, pacifier only works for a moment….

He’s slowly but surely getting more used to it. I’ve had a few friends whose kids hated it too and they eventually outgrew it. Hang in there.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

in_cahoots posted:

Not sure how old your child is but we’ve dealt with similar issues for most of my 2.5 year old’s life. For every cold there’s a 30% risk of ending up in urgent care for wheezing. We finally got the asthma diagnosis so now he’s got a steroid inhaler as a prophylactic.

Some tips that I’ve learned if this turns out to be a common occurrence: keep a pulse oximeter at home. It’s easier to use than the ones at our urgent care and gives us peace of mind. Below 95 we set up a same-day appointment; below 92 we bring him in immediately and prepare mentally for hospitalization. With Covid they’ve been more lenient here in trying to avoid the ER, most recently even with a stat of 90 they just kept him in urgent care. For us the stat tends to go down overnight so it’s good to have a clear idea of when we will bring him in vs letting him sleep.

Talk with your doctor about using the nebulizer or an albuterol inhaler at the first sign of shortness of breath. We do it every 4 hours round the clock (including waking him up at night) and it’ll bring his oxygen up a couple of points and make it easier for him to breathe and sleep. We have a special YouTube playlist that we only watch during nebulizer time, so he actually looks forward to it. Otherwise if you can use an inhaler instead of a nebulizer it’s probably less of a struggle.

Thanks for that info, that’s useful. I think we’re fairly lucky because it seems like it will be more of a when required thing rather than regular, but the pulse oximeter is a great idea.

We had the mask inhaler thingie from the older child and got another one from the ER so that’s how we’ll do it with the inhalers. Got to check what it is but albuterol sounds familiar. The older kid mostly grew out of it but we have noticed a bit of a cough that sounds a little asthma-y so he may need to get a reup too.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Koivunen posted:

First kid loved the car, second kid hated and only now barely tolerates the car for shot twenty minutes at a time at three months old. Bloody murder screaming, inconsolable, pacifier only works for a moment….

He’s slowly but surely getting more used to it. I’ve had a few friends whose kids hated it too and they eventually outgrew it. Hang in there.

Basically the same reaction as mine at 3.5 months. I'm hoping that by going on short trips daily I can help her build a tolerance for it but no improvement yet unfortunately.

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

Our cat died last year. It was much harder to tell my then 7 year old that he died than actually dealing with him dying. We gave him the option to see him or come with us to bury him in the back of our property and he didn't want to. We planted tulips around his grave together instead.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

We are at about 10 months and the baby now seems to panic, tears streaming down her face if we leave the room before she's 100% asleep

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!

Hadlock posted:

We are at about 10 months and the baby now seems to panic, tears streaming down her face if we leave the room before she's 100% asleep

Mine used to do this. We started leaving anyway and letting him cry, then going back in after 3 minutes to soothe him, then putting him back down for 4 minutes, etc until he was asleep. Over a few weeks we lengthened the initial time to check on him up to ~10 minutes and by that point he stopped doing it at all.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

I’ll probably ask this in the gun forum too but curious on people’s thoughts here. Full disclosure: I own guns and keep them safely locked up at all times and my toddler doesn’t know they even exist.

My wife took him to a rec center today which had a nerf gun laser tag thing setup. She didn’t know it existed but she went with her friends and they all went in there. She gave him instructions to always keep glasses on and only point the gun at the wall, which is all good stuff…I just dunno how to react from here and how to handle it at his young age (nearly 3).

On one hand, I don’t think he knows real guns even exist. He’s seen cartoons and YouTube people with nerf guns and water guns before and we usually try and change the channel or video.

I know I grew up with BB guns and water guns and the like and my dad taught me how to shoot a rifle when I was 7 or 8. I understood the difference.

At 3, I dunno what to think if I should allow him toy guns or not. The world is way more hosed up than 30 years ago. I also don’t want to introduce him to real guns or acknowledge they exist yet because I think he’s far too young to comprehend the difference.

Constant communication is key and making sure if he uses a nerf gun to treat it like a real gun until he’s old enough to know the difference? I dunno. Just curious how other people have tackled this. I don’t think I’ll go buy him any toy guns any time soon, or ever, because I don’t want him to really think of them as a toy.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

What we are trying to do is teach the kid what a gun is, and if he sees one come get an adult always. If it's a toy or not (not that were showing him real guns at 15 months old).

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
The only thing I'll add is that I tried to get my kids some made-for-kids-cheaper-than-nerf foam dart guns and holy poo poo they all shot WAY too powerfully for kids toys.

Not to be all Christmas Story but I immediately took them and threw them away... Gonna put their drat eyes out.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Any ideas on what this might be? I just realized it's been on her foot for more than a week; when I last saw it I assumed she'd stepped on a duplo.

Doesn't seem to bother her. Ringworm?

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

External Organs posted:

Any ideas on what this might be? I just realized it's been on her foot for more than a week; when I last saw it I assumed she'd stepped on a duplo.

Doesn't seem to bother her. Ringworm?

Sure looks like it. Does your pediatrician have anything like an online portal that we you message them through and attach images?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Shifty Pony posted:

Sure looks like it. Does your pediatrician have anything like an online portal that we you message them through and attach images?

They don't. They may have a nurse on call, probsbly my best bet.

Dobbs_Head
May 8, 2008

nano nano nano

nwin posted:

:words: about guns.

I’m probably an outlier in my thinking here. I think violence is an inherent part of our nature and an important part of what makes us human. Boys, in particular, tend to be drawn to violent imagery and play. Children process through play. Toy swords, toy guns, etc are part of that.

That play is important and kids shouldn’t feel like they are being naughty by doing it. I think it has a lot of purposes, from teach kids the social structures of violence, to team building, to engaging with consequences of violence through play.

I view my job as a parent here as helping temper my children’s relationship with the spectrum of violence. How to stand up for themselves, how to use violence or threats to defend themselves, how to back down, how to remain aware, and how to use words and their body effectively.

At a young age I plan on follow my kids’ lead on interests. I won’t go out and get a toy gun unless they express persistent interest, but if they do it’s a fine toy.

Real guns are tough. I’ve chosen to not have real guns in the house specifically because I view it as too great a liability. Probably better for them to not know they exist until they can be trusted to learn how to respect them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

If it weren't in the absolute middle of the foot I'd guess that's where the daycare's resident HFM super spreader bit your kid